Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by DhAkael »

*applause*
:ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:*applause*

Thanks..nice to see what Hope Brightlance is capable of. :D

Updated Kumo on the Starships thread, for now.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:*applause*

Thanks..nice to see what Hope Brightlance is capable of. :D

Updated Kumo on the Starships thread, for now.

hehe
YUP
No need to get into 'Tylax'; she's a standard Shemarrian Warrior who just LOVES these new inputs like "sense of touch" and such ;)
Eventually Tylax "the mink-souled" will calm down...once she gets a good "partner" that is :lol: :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[hehe
YUP
No need to get into 'Tylax'; she's a standard Shemarrian Warrior who just LOVES these new inputs like "sense of touch" and such ;)
Eventually Tylax "the mink-souled" will calm down...once she gets a good "partner" that is :lol: :D

Probably after having broken the pelvises and minds of more than a few folks.
"Okay, when we were calculating expected structural strains on those components, we weren't expecting THAT sort of activity."
"That activity has a name now."
"Indeed? What's it called NOW?"
"Tylax."
"...kids, these days..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar Valkaris Elite---The Choosers of the Slain
(aka ‘Vultures’, ‘Head Stealers’)

The Samson power armor lay on the edge of the field of battle, victorious.
Unfortunately, only a little more than half of the power armor remained. One arm was gone, both legs were gone, and a fearfully large spray of crimson drained from the shattered lower part of what remained.
With a groan and screech of protesting metal, the upper torso acess seals were wrenched open, daylight surging inside, to meet the wisps of smoke and reek of blood and viscera surging out.
A pained rattle of breath came from within, channeled through charred lips. Then the inarticulate sound ceased.
A large hand reached down, stroked a gore-streaked temple and matted hair.
Then another hand with pale skin and long fingers reached in and by, touched the neck, ran down the exposed chest.
Over the ruined Samson and its unfortunate occupant stood a tall gray-cloaked figure, a folded scyth beside it. Standing next to it was another figure, tall, thin, and clad in dark, somber, working clothes. They both regarded the dying power armor pilot.
“A brave girl.”
“Indeed, quite brave.”
“She will be remembered for generations for her courage here in my community.”
“She will rise to new glories in my Tribe.”
“You’ve come, for this one, I take it?”
“The visions told of a brave one to be found here, one whose path both ends and begins again on the field of battle.”
“A hero, one might say.”
“Yes, she saved many lives.” The cloaked figure gestured at one end of the field where an unspeakable abomination lay quite dead, its eldritch flesh already rapidly decomposing into ash.
“The hero’s remaining lung and liver could save additional lives.” The thin darkclad figure looked over at the other end of the battlefield, where other figures, small in the distance, ran to and fro and shuttled stretchers towards hastily erected tents and open buildings at the edge of a small town.
“Since the hero won’t be needing her old lungs in her new life, you may have them. I just require the brain and spinal cord.”
The thin darkclad woman and the tall cloaked woman both nodded in understanding to each other, turned, got out their tools, and went to work.

The Valkaris are a very specialized Elite class that emerged from the Psi-Shamanesses, who, themselves, can arise from any of the EShemar. Valkari are not born, but they arise from the existing classes; as Elite they find their way to their profession; the task of finding and collecting those to be reborn as NeShemar.
While any of the EShemar may select and sponsor outsiders to become adopted NeShemar, the Valkari specialize in choosing those unfortunates whose circumstances prevent their worthiness from being witnessed by enough of the lay-EShemar to be selected for admission into the Tribes. Valkaris, like the Valkyries, prowl battlefields and disaster areas looking for freshly dead and near-dead to salvage and send to a more fitting place; in this case to made over into NeShemar. Guided as much by visions sent them by their expanded psionic abilities, as by their sensors, the Valkaris hunt for fresh prospects. Once they do find a prospect, they will prepare them for transport to the Tribe for induction. If the prospect is wounded, the Valkari seeks to stabilize their injuries using both psionic and technological means, then arrange for their transport. If the prospective NeShemar’s condition is terminal, or has just recently deceased, the Valkari will quickly work to extract the prospect’s brain and as much else as can be salvaged, keeping the organs viable with psionic infusions, nanite injections, and placement in stasis containers.
Valkaris may select and ‘harvest’ the slain for conversion into NeShemar, but they rarely have any hand in raising them. Once they’ve turned their sorry collections of broken flesh and bone over to the Spinster/Healers to be remade, the Valkaris are off again to seek new prospects or carry out other missions at the behest of their Chieftains and War Goddesses. Sometimes those they choose do not survive the conversion process, or their conversion is delayed because the Tribe lacks the available resources( a fairly common occurance in the early days of the EShemar emergence and the Shemarrian Civil War) to devote to creating NeShemar cyborgs, requiring the jarred brains to be ‘put on ice’ until better times. In some cases, the Valkari may step forward and serve as the disembodied’s advocate, making the case that conversion and induction of the prospective NeShemar, even in lean times, is in the best interests of the Tribe.
Among the EShemar, Valkaris possess a particularly powerful array of psionic powers, though they are decidedly limited and ‘fixed’ in regard to selection, and focus on Sensitive and Healing abilities that help in their work. In fact it is this blossoming of psionic abilities that often signals the original EShemar’s decision to become a Valkari. Valkaris are arguably in greater tune with both their own inner visions and with the life forces of others, and are better able to feel the pain and suffering of others, as well as their attitudes and thoughts, and this helps draw them to prospective NeShemar.
Valkaris typically work alone, as they are rarely more than a handful in each Tribe anyway(not many are needed). They work closely with the Male Shemarrians(who help them find battle sites and communities) and with the Spinster/Healers(who are responsible for the conversion work). However, the Valkaris are as adept as any other Shemarrian in the arts of war, and will readily join with any war party and fight alongside their sister gynoids if and when needed. Indeed, their blurr-cloaks and viciously sharp vibroscythes make them nearly as feared and effective as Berserkers.
Despite their decidedly morbid specialty, Valkaris can be surprisingly sociable in a strange, awkward, way. If they have the time, and are not pestered, they will help others at a site deal with proper burial and disposal of the dead. They will distribute any salvage they do not claim for their Tribe to other bystanders. They will also help administer medical attention to those who need it. They typically will not accept any repayment for these deeds and will leave as soon as their services are no longer needed. Valkaris also get along well with the Posluznik D-bees(indeed, the Posluzniks have shared their embalming concoctions and much of their knowledge of funerary rites with the Valkaris, and the two peoples can be found amicably working side by side to turn death into a fighting chance for life). Valkaris do NOT get along with ghouls, of both the human and supernatural sort, and many a fallen hero or fresh corpse has been the scene of a SECOND battle between those fighting over the still warm remains. AS of yet, the Valkaris have not yet encountered any of the Nordic Valkyries, so there’s no telling what might happen if the two forces tried to claim the same fallen hero to add to their number.
In addition to their more arguably altruistic objectives, Valkaris also scavenge for usable cybernetic and bionic parts, taking such from the dead to be be recycled by the Tribal Spinster-Tinkers. Unfortunately, those who have been observed doing this have been equated with Body Choppers, and the tales have spread that the Valkaris use their scythes and blades to finish off still-living cyborgs, in order to steal their machine parts. This is utterly untrue, but the morbid rumors still continue to spread.
Because of the highly specialized role of the Valkari, they are rare among the EShemar(and entirely missing from the Ghost Riders, though reportedly they aren’t above imitating the ‘Grim Reaper’ look of the Valkari). There are minor variations between the Tribes with regards to equipment(the Wayfinders incorporate TW systems for instance), but all typically follow the same general profile and mission.

Modifications:

Psionics:
In addition to the normal EShemar psionics, Valkaris have the following:
*Clairvoyance(4 ISP)
*See Aura(6 ISP)
*Telepathy(4 ISP)
*Empathy(4 ISP)
*Sixth Sense(2 ISP)
*Object Read(6 ISP)
*Psychic Diagnosis(4 ISP)
*Suppress Fear(8 ISP)
*Induce Sleep(4 ISP)
*Deaden Pain(4 ISP)
*Healing Touch (6 ISP)
*Life Preservation(Special) ---This is not so much a healing ability as it is a sustaining ability, keeping the spark of life alive in a person or in tissues and organs, extending the amount of time they have to reach medical aid. Note that this is NOT a healing power, but a form of bio-stasis, keeping the person’s condition, from deteriorating any further over the fatal threshold, until help can be reached. This power also keeps severed limbs and appendages viable for transplant or re-attachment by staving off necrosis. The Valkari can preserve viability for 1 hour per 10 ISP.

Note: Valkaris count as MAJOR Psychics and have a base ISP of 1d6x10 +M.E. + 2d4 per level of experience
-Valkaris become immune to the Banishment/Exorcism vulnerability at Level 9 of experience

Special Systems:
Valkaris are not BORN via Progen with their special modifications, but receive them as part of the Rites of Upgrade/Rites of Mod that they undergo to become an Elite.

*Bio-Monitor Hands---The Valkaris’ hands can gain a wealth of medical information from touch; pulse, respiration, blood oxygen level, body temperature, electro-cardiac activity, brain wave activity(if placed on the head), even the presence of certain chemicals on the skin).

*Tool Arms---The Valkaris sport forearms that incorporate three auxiliary machine-arms/tendrils, with an array of scalpels, clamps, retractors, and other medical instruments/tools.
Range: (Utility Laser) 50 ft
(Blades) Melee
Damage: (Utility Laser) 1d6, 3d6 SDC, or 1 MD
(Blades) 1d4 SDC or 1d4 MD
Note: The fine precision of these tools gives the Valkari a +10% to Pick Locks, Pick Pockets, or Safecracking if she possesses any of those skills.

*Laser Eyes---Because the forearms can no longer sport combat lasers, the Valkaris have multi-mode lasers in their eyes that can double as highly accurate laser scalpels or as combat weapons. Those bystanders who have seen these lasers in action speak of the Valkaris’ ‘burning gaze’.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD from both eyes simultaneously
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Bonus: +2 to strike (in addition to any other bonuses)

*Drug Injectors(2)---One of the Valkari’s fingers on each hand has a retractable drug injector needle and drug reservoir, identical to the cybernetic system.

Special Equipment:
Valkari, in addition to their normal war gear, typically carry vibroscythes(great for clearing brush around a crash site or prying open robots and power armor), and wear an armored cloak with several large pockets in it for holding stasis sacks and jars. Other tools of their trade include a tool kit and field surgery kit, RMK and IRMSS systems, and a folding stretcher. Their vehicle of choice is a beast of burden, such as a Monstrex or Monstrex Pack-Mule(though it is rumored that the oldest known Valkari, of the Hawkmoon Tribe, has a winged Warmount patterned after a Black Vulture).
Many Valkari have a robotic, bionic, or E-animal ‘familiar’, such as a Shemarrian Wolf(or more), avian, or other as companion, watch-beast, and scout.

Special Skills:
In addition to the normal (E)Shemarrian combat and espionage programming, Valkaris have the following:
General Maintenance and Repair(50%+5% per level of experience)
Paramedic(70%+5% per level of experience)
Field Surgery(40%+5% per level of experience)
Bioware Mechanics(40%+5% per level of experience)(Note: the EShemar’s Telemechanics psionics offset any other prerequisite skill requirements for this field)
Biology(Human/iod)(50%+5% per level of experience)
Chemistry(60%+5% per level of experience)
Lore: Funeral Rites(40%+5% per level of experience)---This is an arguably lesser form of the skill Mortuary Sciences in that it covers a general knowledge of the cultural customs of death and its aftermath; interment, mummfication, cremation, etc. While a person possessing this skill wouldn’t be able to do a body reconstruction with any great skill, they would know the rites and procedures associated with a number of cultures and societies, including who to consult/inform, and basic services for the departed.

W.P. Bonuses: Valkari gain an extra +1 to strike and parry with their vibrosycthes.

Valkari Robe:
This is an armored cloak or robe worn over the Valkari’s regular armor. About half of them incorporate Blurr-Mesh(copied from a Paladin Steel design they bought)
MDC: 80
*Blurr Mesh---Bonuses: The faster the wearer moves, the greater the distortion; at speeds of 3 or less, no bonus, 4-10; -1 to strike the wearer, 10-16; -2 to strike, 16-22; -3 to strike, 23 or greater, -4 to strike. Takes 10 MDC before being degraded sufficient to stop operating.
*Large Pockets/Sheaths---A Valkari robe typically has four large padded pockets on the inside that can hold a stasis sack or sample case. Two smaller pockets and several external ones hold additional surgical supplies, medical kits, knives/scalpels, e-clips, and other items.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:EShemar Valkaris Elite---The Choosers of the Slain

My my my my...
*grin* I am quite liking this latest addition. It will slot in nicely for later reference once my group deals with the situation on Motavia.

It also kicked in an idea I've had for a while... my muse is being quiet for the moment, but her unconcious mummblings are inspiring me :D
Stay tuned for further developments.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:EShemar Valkaris Elite---The Choosers of the Slain

My my my my...
*grin* I am quite liking this latest addition. It will slot in nicely for later reference once my group deals with the situation on Motavia.

It also kicked in an idea I've had for a while... my muse is being quiet for the moment, but her unconcious mummblings are inspiring me :D
Stay tuned for further developments.

Thanks...I figured that if nothing else it provides people with a way of 'second life-ing' PCs, recycling them in an unexpected way.
They're also an elite group of moody altruists(sorta...some folks might object to being resurrected, possibly mind-wiped, as additions to a bunch of Amazon gynoids).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Good week to be an EShemar for some reason:

EShemar Yurei Elite
(aka ‘Stalker’)

“I go where my sisters cannot, I see what my sisters cannot, I do what my sisters cannot or will not do. I go into the dark places so my sisters do not have to, I face the evil in its lair so they do have to, and I lie and dissemble so my sisters need not to. I do not share my sisters’ glories, but it is enough for me to know they CAN because of my efforts.”

So-called the ‘Shemarrian Ninjas’, the Yurei Elite has only recently come to be known among the ranks of the EShemar in the aftermath of the Shemarrian Civil War. To those who are most familiar with the EShemar/Shemarrians, the Yurei seems to be a late development of the SCW, appearing some time after Progen technology had spread among the Ecotroz Tribes, and possibly soon after the Ghost Riders broke their self-imposed sequestration away from the other Tribes. Other possible sources of the evolution of the Yurei Elite may have been several EShemar expeditions to Japan and elsewhere, where specialized cybernetic/bionic assassins and special ops soldiers are known to exist and operate. Certainly the name given to them- Yurei-(‘ghost’ in Japanese) would suggest a Far Eastern connection or inspiration.
The Yurei would appear to be a fusion of Male Scouts and Berserkers in terms of physical capabilities, though all thus far observed have been female in gender. Yurei have been variously ascribed to extreme Rites of Upgrade, or the Progen offspring of Berserkers and EShemar Males, Berserkers and Pariahs/Reclaimed, or of Ghost Riders and Ecotroz Shemar. It is equally unknown if Yurei are modified from existing Shemarrians or are ‘born’ as is. Physically they are optimized for covert operations; recon, infiltration, intelligence gathering, assassination, and sabotage, and their core programming emphasizes espionage and unconventional warfare.
Yurei are shorter than their Shemmarian/EShemar Warrior sisters, but more slender than Spinster/Healers. Their head antennae are more slender and more easily concealed in their hair. They eschew the heavier armor favored by most Shemarrians in favor of special skintight bodysuits of molecular-bond micro-plate. They also favor such weapons as vibro-katanas, vibro-garrotes, wire-traps, crossbows, and other silent assassination or sniper weapons. They are not as strong or as durable as their larger kin, but the Yurei are more agile, possess faster reflexes, and are faster. While a Shemar Warrior or Chieftain may prefer a loud, powerful, intimidating weapon that can knock out a tank or power armor in one shot, Yurei prefer weaponry that is quick, silent and accurate, able to remove a head from the rest of the body in one motion, or pierce armor and take out a heart with one trigger-pull.
Yurei rarely use Warmounts, another sharp departure from their fellow Tribeswomen, but often use transportation acquired from other sources(however, they will avoid large cumbersome forms of transport like robots), and rarely become attached to a vehicle(typically they’ll steal or use a vehicle for a single mission, then dispose of/abandon it) or mount. Yurei have nothing against Shemarrian Wolfs or other ‘pets’, and indeed many possess symbiotic ‘animal familiars’ to assist them in their duties, but eschew anything that hinders their ability to move quickly and (optimally) quietly.
With more details coming out about the Shemarrian Civil War, revelations of the Yurei Elite has led to rampant speculation about their role in a number of incidents late in the conflict. Yurei are now suspected of having infiltrated several Titan Works facilities prior to their capture by the EShemar, and the effective neutralization, in several cases, of forces mobilizing against the EShemar, including the Republicans’ abortive effort to seize a Hawkmoon-held Titan Works factory in the wilds of Pennsylvania territory. Several efforts by the CS and other nations to acquire material intel on the Shemarrians have also mysteriously ended in failure, attributed to Yurei preemptive action. Farther afield, Yurei have been blamed for suspicious mishaps befalling other Shemarrian enemies, including guerilla activity and assassination attempts on Atlantis and in Europe.
While recognized as an Elite class, the Yurei are not always accorded full honors due their station by their kinsmen and kinswomen. Many more traditional Warriors and Berserkers find fault with the ‘dishonorable’ tactics used by the Yurei, and regard the aloof and mysterious attitude cultivated by the Yurei as unjustifiably arrogant.
In part, this is due to the fact that the nature of most of their missions keeps them apart from their Tribes(wo)men, and away from the eyes of witnesses to their valor. Rarely do the Yurei have the opportunity to join in battle on the field alongside their sisters and kindred where their courage can be witnessed and better appreciated, so for many EShemar, ignorance of what the Yurei really do has bred in many a mild disdain and contempt for the secretive Yurei. Many Male Shemarrians are also distrustful of the Yurei, seeing them as competition for the same espionage roles that the original ARCHIE-3 Males were arguably intended for, and which many EShemar men regard as their own specialty. The wiser and more experienced War Chiefs and Goddesses, however, DO appreciate what an Elite Yurei or two can do, and the sort of invaluable asset they represent.
Ironically, though generally aloof among their own kind(though it is NOT unknown for Yurei Elite to have true friendships among other EShemar), Yurei have had arguably the most social contact with outsiders, either as unseen observers and spies, or as infiltrators. Many acquire specific skill sets to blend into specific societies (like CS Ironheart, the Relic, Free Quebec, MercTown, etc.), the better to blend in and acquire information, or perform strike operations. Though few go as deep cover as the original Pariahs(or, as it is claimed, some of the Reclaimed continue to do), the Yurei are as capable as any Spybot in the recon role.
In the advanced Shemarrian Star Nation of the Three Galaxies, it is rumored that the Yurei make up a Tribe of their own, the mysterious Shadowblades. In fact, Yurei are part of every Tribe and have no interest in forming their own. Though they might not be as appreciated as other classes and Elites, the Yurei are proudly loyal to their Tribes, and will serve the Shemar to their own destruction, if necessary.

The following represents the common stats for the Yurei cyborg/gynoid. Like all EShemar, the Yurei are eligible for Rites of Upgrade and may request modification(subject to the approval of their Tribe superiors). Indeed, many Yurei have themselves modified to include substitute or additional weaponry added(See Options, under Weapons Systems).

Type: EShemar SC- Yurei
Class: Energy Lifeform/Robot Fusion Self-Sufficient Combat Infantry/Espionage Robot
Crew: Ecotroz Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 200 without armor, 275 in armor
Head 90
Antennae(2) 5 each
Arms(2) 125 each
Hands(2) 13 each
Legs(2) 80 each
Height: 6 ft
Width: 2.2 ft
Length: 2 ft, 6 inches
Weight: 400 lbs
Attribute Equivalents of Note:
IQ: 4d6
ME: 5d6
MA: 3d6
PB: 10+2d6
P.P.: 30
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 25
Hit Points: (Energy Form) 1d6x10+M.E.
P.P.E.: 8
Psionic Abilities: (EShemar Yurei only) Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation
Yurei also have the following ADDITIONAL psionics:
-Sixth Sense(2)
-Mask ISP and Psionics(7)
-Telekinetic Leap(8)
-Presence Sense (4)

-EShemar Yurei are considered to be MINOR Psychics, with 1d4x10 ISP +M.E. +1d6 per level of experience

Cargo: What can be carried strapped to the person
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 120 MPH
(Leaping) 25 ft up/across; a running leap in excess of 40 MPH adds 15 ft to the jump
(Flying) Not possible without a jetpack
(Swimming/Underwater) 40 MPH
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Double Jointed---Yurei Elite have incredibly flexible skeletal structures, specialized joints, and specialized myomer musculature that allows them to bend in ways that would put strain on even their larger sisters’ battle-chassis, such as being able to flex their arms and shoot behind themselves without penalty. This is further reflected in their high agility and bonuses. They also get a +5% to Escape Artist.

*White Noise Generator---When the gynoid is moving at speeds of 10 of less, this system neutralizes any sounds in the immediate vicinity(10 ft radius) via an active ‘white noise’ projection system.

*EM Detector---The Yurei can sense the presence of EM systems, such as wiring, electrical apparatus, and surveillance bugs in a 20 ft radius.

*Molecular Adhesion Pads---Concealed under folds of synth-flesh in the hands and feet are molecular adhesion pads to assist the Yurei in climbing up sheer surfaces.

*Facial Disguise---The Yurei can alter her facial features to mask her real appearance, including facial structure, hair color and length, and even voice alteration. The characteristic Shemarrian antennae can even be withdrawn into special sheaths in the head.

*Body Morph Disguise---The Yurei can alter her body form through the activation of special myomer musculature systems; she can appear more buxom, flatter and more muscular, or even androgynous.
This system can even alter the cyborg’s height by as much as 8 inches in either direction.
Another added feature of this system is the ability to alter their fingerprints; the Yurei can change fingerprints simply by matching hands with the individual whose prints are to be duplicated. The nanotech ‘smartskin’ of the Yurei’s hands can instantly reconfigure to duplicate the pattern(though the data will be transmitted through the gynoid’s CPU to the appropriate hand).

*Electronic Countermeasure and Communications Sensor Suite ---Identical to that in the Shemarrian Males.

Weapons Systems:
1) Finger Lasers(4, two each hand)---Yurei lack the forearm lasers of their larger sisters(unless they have been otherwise modified by their Tribe’s Spinsters), but have smaller lasers in their fingers.
Range: 400 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD per single blast

2) Finger Claws---The Yurei’s hands feature retractable vibroblades
Range: Melee
Damage: 3d6 MD +P.S. damage

3)) (Optional) Accessory Systems---Depending on the circumstances and individuals involved, Yurei can be modified with additional systems. Generally, Yurei avoid any augmentations that are too bulky, showy, or interfere with their ability to move quickly and quietly, and disguise themselves. Among individual customizations:
-Several Yurei have had internal pockets concealed in their musculature for hiding small items
-A Blood Rider Yurei has a flame-thrower built into her mouth/throat, doing 2d4 MD to an 10 ft area at a range of 60 ft, with enough fuel for 8 blasts.
-One Yurei has had the following installed: laser eyes, laser digits built into her toes, laser emitters built into her breasts, a small laser fitted in her abdominal cavity(the emitter disguised as a jewel in her navel), a chemical spray system in her skin to dispense both incapacitating agents or synthetic pheromones, and several strands of braided monomolec-filament ‘Atlas wire’ woven into her, that could serve as both emergency line and as cutting tool. Nicknamed ‘Death Dancer’ or ‘Mata Hari’ by CS/FQ military intelligence, this particular Yurei supposedly single-handedly laid waste to an entire pirate group operating out of the Pirate Kingdom of Montreal and has eluded both CS and FQ intelligence operatives.

The various Tribes have their own unique additions to their special operatives:
-The Ghost Riders are suspected of outfitting their Yurei with computer-hacking interface and viral upload capabilities, similar to Japanese systems.
-The Wayfinders include PPE sensors and TW enhancements in theirs.
-The DarkWaters clan Yurei have webbed hands and feet for amphibious operations.
-The Sapphire Cobras had added their ‘nano-venom’ weaponry to the claws of their Yurei, and supposedly also feature venom fangs and forked tongues.
-The Silvermoons have had their claws silver-plated, similar to Naruni’s new line of vibro-weapons, giving them potential use against supernatural foes susceptible to silver poisoning. The Silvermoons are also reportedly interested in rumors originating with the expeditions to Japan of cyborgs using crescent-shaped throwing blades(see Rifts China: Heroes for details on Geofront cyborgs).

Programming/Skills:
The EShemar shares all the basic Shemarrian programming, basic combat and espionage/reconnaissance. They also have the following skills:
-Disguise(50%+5% per level of experience)
-Gymnastics at 90% or Acrobatics at 85%

Note: Remember, EShemar can also learn additional skills similar to a Neural Intelligence; many Yurei put their additional skills towards Espionage, Rogue, or additional Weapons Proficiencies.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 10(!)
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those from the Ecotroz Shemar’s training
Initiative +2
Dodge +1
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +3
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +3
Entangle: +2
Knock-Out/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Controlled SDC Punch 2d6+15 SDC
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Punch 1d6 MD
Power Punch 2d6 MD(counts as two attacks)
Head Butt 1d4 MD
Kick 1d6 MD
Leap Kick 2d6 MD
Karate Kick 2d6+6 MD (counts as two attacks)

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Special Equipment:
While Yurei have access to the arsenal of their Tribe, most Yurei prefer not to be encumbered with a lot of gear, and will try to ‘live off the land’ with regards to acquiring additional weaponry and equipment as they need it(this has the further benefit of not revealing their Shemarrian origins when they use weaponry that is not associated with the Shemar). They prefer light body armor that doesn’t encumber movement, and frequently wear disguising clothing to conceal their Shemarrian nature. Among their Tribesfolk, away from the prying eyes of outsiders, many Yurei emulate the Far East in wearing dark robes(MDC Plainclothes-type if they can acquire them) and a favorite melee weapon or two for ceremonial appearances. Depending on the mission and their circumstances, Yurei CAN and will use specialized equipment developed specially for them by the Shemar Spinsters/Tinkers, but will be especially careful not to let this gear be seen or fall into enemy hands.
One notable exception to regular-use hardware is the Stalker Bodysuit.

Stalker Bodysuits
These are highly specialized suits of personal body armor that are exclusive to the EShemar Yurei. The suits incorporate multiple stealth technologies acquired/stolen from other sources such as Naruni Enterprises and the Republicans. The Yurei can interface directly with the bodysuit, effectively managing their stealth systems(anybody else trying to wear the suits and use them would be unable to, without psionic talents like Telemechanics).
Weight: 12 lbs
MDC: 85
Systems of Note:
*Optical Invisibility---Identical to the Naruni Systems: -20% to others to detect ambush/concealment, and only a 20% chance of showing up on thermal sensors.

*Blurr Camou---The faster the wearer moves, the greater the distortion; at speeds of 3 or less, no bonus, 4-10; -1 to strike the wearer, 10-16; -2 to strike, 16-22; -3 to strike, 23 or greater, -4 to strike

*Molecular Adhesion Pads---Larger than those integrated into the Yurei themselves, these pads on the arms, hands, feet, legs, and back, allow the Yurei to scale seemingly impossible heights, and even ‘park’ themselves on sheer surfaces.

*Gyro-Stabilized Armature---Mounted on a shoulder and controlled by direct link, this is a powered armature that holds and stabilizes a weapon(such as a rifle or rocket launcher) for firing. +2 to strike on a called shot in addition to any other bonuses. Folds across the back/shoulders when not in use.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

This weekend is gonna be a bloody nightmare :frust:
HOWEVER, I will be doing a contribution sometime early next week.
Should be good ;)

BTW; the Yurei definately rawk hard-core! :ok: I especially like the fact that, though they are NOT Parriah / outcast, a number of their sisters really don't like the "Sneaky honourless backstabbers" going and messin' with the male-shemarr's mojo. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:This weekend is gonna be a bloody nightmare :frust:
HOWEVER, I will be doing a contribution sometime early next week.
Should be good ;)

BTW; the Yurei definately rawk hard-core! :ok: I especially like the fact that, though they are NOT Parriah / outcast, a number of their sisters really don't like the "Sneaky honourless backstabbers" going and messin' with the male-shemarr's mojo. :D

Can hardly wait... :D
And yeah, I got a 'lone wolf' vibe while fleshing these ladies out...sorta how Klingons are big on honor and hate dishonorable assassination, but regularly employ assassins...Eventually the Males will either realize they're Army Rangers to the Yurei's CIA black ops, or Males will start getting to Upgraded and Modded that some of them will be up to Yurei spec(could see a Yurei/Male Progen coupling , a Missus and Mister Smith team-up).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Ariel wrote:(First post so I hope no one minds my lack of 'up to date' ness on Rifts, still need to rebuild my book collction)

In looking at the Shemarrions, and modifications to same, be they societal or whatever, I personally would look into tribal cultures, Amazons (The real ones, not the mythical ones) and computer tech. Also, I would explain the inability to efect otyher machines 'At Range" as a bandwidth problem. To do the infection, they need a secured and interference-free signal to and from the target, otherwise they just crash the other AI with conflicting system routines. Sort of like reformmating a computer from Windows to Linux. You'd need a hard-wired connection or you'd stand a decent chance of having a chaotic jumble of code that would get worse the farther the signal traveled. As for potential robot wars, while I haven't gotten the Shemrrian book yet (I hope to next month or in my surprise package) I would look to the 'why' they exist. The ones working for Archie-3 are essentially spies and conqurers so I would say there's a real possibility of a war there. The 'free' ones most likely (I'm anthropomorphising here) just want to be left alone, be militant about their safety, or along those lines.

FIRST...Welcome to the party!!! 8)
Secondly...just read the Shemarrian Nation Worldbook/sourcebook (whatever it is; don't have it beside me at moment ;) ) when you get it. Believe me, all that Taalisman and I have written will make sense.
Honest.
See :demon: , don't I have an honest face?
Your questions & ponderings on the tribal structures? If you feel like going that route, please feel free to do so. Tal & I have decided to stick with 'canon' (I can't believe I just said that) on the original programming of the Shemarr.
Haagen was a pervo who read FAAAARRRRRRR too many "adult" sci-fi magazines & completely neglected history books/vids and decided THAT was how an Amazon'esque culture from another planet would act.
Again, read Josh S.'s sourcebook. Just try and look past his writing "IT IS ALL A LIE" every 3 paragraphs. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

The thing is, Hagan's BIG LIE is so good that an impressionable alien intelligence witha swiss-cheesed memory bought into it, lock stock and barrel to the point that the TRUTH(that the Shemarrians are robotic puppets) is seen as the lie...Like telling somebody that unicorns exist and having the dupe you just lied to start finding unicorn tracks and seeing pink and blue unicorns out of the corner of their eyes(even though you never told them what color they are), then, while chasing chasing said unicorns, stumbling over a fortune in abandoned gold(thus becoming CONVINCED that unicorns are real and looking after the dupe).
As for overthinking some of your ideas and crashing, Ariel?
Sometimes crashes make some of the NEATEST surrealist sculpture. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: EShemarrian Trinity Modules
The large cavern hums with energy as the Spinster-Tinkers who call this place their workshop and temple of wonders watch carefully the power gauges and feed conduits that service the three large blocks of machinery that dominate the center of the room. There is great expectation in the air, a sense of great things in the offing around each of the three devices.
The first apparatus unfolds like a flower, metallic petals dropping and slidding away to reveal an inner glow that illuminates a tall, lithesome humanoid form. Two tall figures rise from their places around the perimeter and step forward to greet and embrace the new arrival, wrapping her in her first Tribal robes, exchanging affirmations of identity and affection as they welcome their daughter into the world.
The second, larger, chamber splits open like an enormous egg. Steam rises from the open housing, clamps side away, and a large, four-legged shape stumbles out, its large feet ringing on the stone. A handler steps forward, hand upon its gleaming optical plate, stopping the metal beast from indulging its newborn curiousity and stomping about the chamber.
With a hiss of evaporating coolant gel, the final chamber opens like a coffin in reverse. Cuffs and straps click open, feed lines pop loose, and telemetry pads fall away. A smaller nude form, skin shining with dampness and just-cured synthflesh, half-rolls and half-falls out, to be caught up in the grasp of an attendant, who immediately begins wrapping the newborn in metallic swaddling.
The first figure turns, sees the second creature, lets out a girlish exclamation of glee, and walks over to it, at first with tentative and unsure steps, but then with increasing confidence, until she is at its side. Hands reach out to touch the shining flanks of the newborne Monstrex. Spinal appendages tentatively unfold and wave around the EShemar as she playfully tussles with the Warsteed as it engages its play protocols.
Then she looks over the neck of the new warmount and spies the third figure, clasped in the arms of a Healer. The EShemar leaves the side of her new friend to step over to the cyberhumanoid. Uncertain, the cyborg girl looks up at the taller gynoid.
“And you are?” The question rings of innocent curiousity.
Realizing she has been asked a question, the cyborg struggles to search her memory, her antennae twitching nervously as she gropes in her muddled recollections for an answer. Finally she tentatively puts out what seems to be appropriate: “I am Ajidae.”
“Ajidae. I am Selex WhiteSky.” She reaches down and hugs the newly decanted NeShemar. ”We are all three born this day, so I would know you as sister....and together we will do great things!”

When the EShemar (including those technically not E(cotroz)Shemar such as the Ghost Riders) speak of the ‘Trinity’, they’re speaking of a religious trinity, though Trinity Modules are as vital to their society as religion is to others. The Trinity refers to the three technological apparati that the EShemar consider key to their continued survival and prosperity; the Progen Chamber, the Assembly Forge, and the Cybofab. All of these are advanced technological wonders; nanotech(and arguably technowizardry) autofacs and assemblers that produce the greatest achievements in EShemar society; the EShemarrians themselves.
Progen Chambers produce new EShemar from the scanned and collated mental and physical parameters of their parents. They require input from two participants who provide the ‘DNA’, both physical data and mental templating, fed into an optimizer/randomizer that creates a new being. Progen Chambers can produce a fully formed and cognizant sentient EShemar in one week.
Assembler Forges are a cruder, less sophisticated, form of Progen Chamber that is typically larger. Assembler Forges are used to produce Warmounts and E-Animals, though they are also capable of limited production of armor, weapons, and vehicles. They can also be used to produce cruder robot bodies and spare parts for the less sophisticated members of the Tribes. When being used to produce Warmounts and E-animals, Assembler Forges require an operator or handler on hand to impart the Ecotroz Awakening to the newly created robeast, making it more than a mere machine. Typically, a well-stocked Assembler Forge cell can produce a Monstrex-sized construct inside of 48 hours. Production rates are faster for lesser automatons or hardware, such as spare parts and components; part of the Assembler Forge is a memory bank that contains templates of hundreds(or rather thousands) of possible products and their construction specifications.
CyboFabs are used to produce new NeShemar in the EShemar mold. A combination of life support system and cyborg assembly jig, CyboFabs rebuild shattered and broken bodies into sleek new NeShemar to bolster the ranks. While NeShemar may be created without a CyboFab, it is much easier, faster, and safer(for the prospective NeShemar) if a CyboFab is used. CyboFabs require a brain(and nervous system, plus whatever internal organs can be salvaged) and bionic components(often created by an Assembler Forge), as well as various life support substrates to keep the patient alive. Depending on the degree of cyberization required, the starting condition of the organic components, and the sophistication of the end-product cyborg, a CyboFab can take anywhere from one to two weeks to produce a full-conversion NeShemar(some EShemar prefer to keep the newborn NeShemar in the CyboFab while conducting virtual reality indoctrination/rehabilitation/training, before fully awakening them for decanting).
While Trinity Modules may differ in size and construction, they tend to require dedicated powerplants to provide the massive amounts of power used up in production. Installed separate or together, Trinity Modules are a key part of every EShemar community, and will either be mounted in a high mobility vehicle or concealed in a heavily protected hidden enclave. Among the spaceborne of the Three Galaxies’ Shemarrian Star Nation, Trinity Modules require a cruiser at least for their safe transport.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-sigh-
I've been so remiss in my work lately :P
My muse wanted me to work on visual stuff...not text today.

>.>
<.<

>_- maybe next time. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:-sigh-
I've been so remiss in my work lately :P
My muse wanted me to work on visual stuff...not text today.

>.>
<.<

>_- maybe next time. :D

Yeah, I feel obliged to balance fanfiction writing, RPG writing, and art, so no worries...I got enough clutter in my brain to regularly post...

Advanced Cultural Notes: EShemar Cuisine
“You’re not going to eat all of that, are you?”
(looking at twenty pounds of scrap metal, plastic, monster hide, and lubricant dressing on an EShemar’s plate)

Since the EShemar Upgraded themselves across the board with nanite repair systems capable of scavenging material stocks for repair MDC, the EShemar have found themselves developing a true sense of taste, and with it a sense that food is more is more than just refueling.
While the NRS can ‘metabolize’ just about anything, and converting it into MDC, it works best with certain forms of MDC materials, so the EShemar have been careful to vary their intake of various materials to meet the needs of their regenerative mechanisms for optimal rapid healing and systems maintenance. Fortunately, their reinforced jaws and polyceramic teeth are more than up to the task of chewing up and grinding down everything from wild grapes to carbon fiber bones. A mechanical digestive tract that is part kitchen garbage grinder, chemical digester, and nano-disassembler, further breaks down the material into usable molecules and substrates. The system is remarkably waste-free, what little material that cannot be used easily and cleanly ejected from the system.
Though their taste buds are arguably less sensitive than a true organic’s(their molecular analysis systems can pick out the constuents of an ingested foodstuff, but is not known how this translates into the sensations associated with eating that irganic evolution has given other lifeforms) EShemar can gleefully partake of normal food(as humans know it) and indeed have cheerfully taken to sampling the foodstuffs of other cultures(in part to be diplomatic, but mostly out of curiousity). Some EShemar, since acquiring material intake tacts and artificial tastebuds, have become addicted to trying new foodstuffs for the sensations of eating. However, among themselves, the EShemar have developed their own crude ‘cuisine’. When not having to worry about appearing diplomatic or pay consideration to others’ metabolisms, the EShemar go directly for MDC foods, tearing into monster carcasses without the ‘softening up’ processes used to render such foodstuffs safe for consumption, or skipping organic assimilation and going directly to munching down scrap metal and plastics. While most EShemar don’t think much about consuming the culinary equivalent of a mineral brick or vitamin pill buffet, some EShemar are slowly developing a sense of cuisine, even if it’s simply salting a plate of trashed circuit boards with chopped up carbon fiber and drizzling it with WD-40. Others won’t touch a cut of Devilfish without first searing it with plasma, and other EShemar find that laser-cooked monster meat barbecue is a great way to finish up a battle.
Thus, there is emerging the rudiments of a distinctive EShemar cuisine. The Darkwaters Tribe has supposedly acquired a love of steamed-in-the-shell Metzla, the Blood Riders like a plate of nice raw Splugorth Slaver tartar, the Wolf’s Path a hankering for flayed peryton, the Horrorwoods tribeswomen have been known to nosh on dinosaur jerky, and even the Ghost Riders are said to profess a liking for Madhaven-style Devilfish chowder. Rumors that a Skullcrusher EShemar once confessed to a love of raw Kittani brains fresh out of the can remain unsubstantiated. Likewise stories that Wayfinders find chewing on Coalition-issued handheld data pads remain unconfirmed as to their truth.
Unfortunately, as many EShemar still regard consumption of material nourishment as more a matter of refueling or restocking, rather than a cultural (arguably spiritual) udertaking, EShemar table manners have yet to really develop. This has caused some good natured ribbing between those EShemar who have spent enough time among other peoples to have acquired some dinner etiquette and those who haven’t. Also, because of the nomadic nature of many EShemar tribes, there isn’t a lot of tableware involved; one or two plates or vessels and accompanying knife, fork, or spoon, and many EShemar have taken to carrying their own(increasingly customized and personalized) ‘mess kit’.
NeShemar continue to need to eat not only for their biosystems but for their own nanite repair systems(those that have them) as well, which sometimes requires some care at the buffet table, since inadvertantly digesting a foodstuff meant for the wrong regenerative system can lead to problems(like choking on a handful of metal nuts or metal shavings). This has sometimes led to some derogatory ragging by the less couth EShemar; “Do you need somebody to cut your food for you?”, as well as the occasional emergency technical servicing of a lacerated esophagus. Still, the physical nature and martial culture of the EShemar means that the Tribes frequently dine on megadamage creatures that most communities can only bring down and properly prepare a few times a year, mainly because the EShemar can dig into a rhino-buffalo without having to wait four months for slow simmering to soften the meat up enough.
So, if invited to an EShemar banquet, bring your appetite, but also be careful what you eat(EShemar have no problems spicing their food with metallic salts and substances like arsenic and powdered lead)...have a stomach pump or chelating kit on hand, and don’t mind the table manners(be careful when accepting a hunk of meat served on the end of a vibroblade, though). When entertaining outsiders, most EShemar are considerate enough to provide a selection of ‘safe’ foods set apart from those meant for Shemarrian consumption, but mistakes have been known to happen(test that slice of dinomeat with a fork first to make sure you can actually bite into it without breaking your jaw).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

loved the ninja amazon bots, but the foods post is awsome. :D
Lunaryoma
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I'm almost sorry you posted this stuff. :( Isn't PBs stance that they can't publish anything that has been posted on the message board? This could have been an excellent new book either a sourcebook or the actual start of an alternate dimension series.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Thanks, but I'm afraid this thread is so off the deep end, it wouldn't make it as a book... :D
And we'd have to coordinate with so many contributers who in spirit if nothing else added to it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm almost sorry you posted this stuff. :( Isn't PBs stance that they can't publish anything that has been posted on the message board? This could have been an excellent new book either a sourcebook or the actual start of an alternate dimension series.

at the rate PB publishes books, this would have come out about 5 years from now if it was being officially published. assuming PB actually decided another shemarrian book is needed.

on the other hand, now you have this "book", free of charge, and you have it in your hands *now*. you don't have to rely on anyone else deciding it's worth publishing, and you likely don't even have to worry about conflicting with canon since, as i just pointed out, you've likely got a bare minimum of several years before anything else on the subject gets published.
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm almost sorry you posted this stuff. :( Isn't PBs stance that they can't publish anything that has been posted on the message board? This could have been an excellent new book either a sourcebook or the actual start of an alternate dimension series.

at the rate PB publishes books, this would have come out about 5 years from now if it was being officially published. assuming PB actually decided another shemarrian book is needed.

on the other hand, now you have this "book", free of charge, and you have it in your hands *now*. you don't have to rely on anyone else deciding it's worth publishing, and you likely don't even have to worry about conflicting with canon since, as i just pointed out, you've likely got a bare minimum of several years before anything else on the subject gets published.

And who knows? If they do, they may be hard put upon to keep up with what's going on here. ;)
Yeah, one day I might regret not trying to make a buck off this, but sometimes it's more important to share in the present. :heart:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

And who knows? If they do, they may be hard put upon to keep up with what's going on here. ;)
Yeah, one day I might regret not trying to make a buck off this, but sometimes it's more important to share in the present. :heart:

Amen to that ;-)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

So, toss in your two cents, your wild Shemarrian ideas, your takes, your thoughts...help make this a hard to beat class act that you can enjoy NOW, and drive the quality of any official second Shemarrian book LATER.

That sounds like I'm shilling for Public Television....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:So, toss in your two cents, your wild Shemarrian ideas, your takes, your thoughts...help make this a hard to beat class act that you can enjoy NOW, and drive the quality of any official second Shemarrian book LATER.

And if you call now and donate $100, we'll stop Goldie from crying at you for another 45 minutes... :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:So, toss in your two cents, your wild Shemarrian ideas, your takes, your thoughts...help make this a hard to beat class act that you can enjoy NOW, and drive the quality of any official second Shemarrian book LATER.

And if you call now and donate $100, we'll stop Goldie from crying at you for another 45 minutes... :demon:

If you call now and donate 100 credits, the Skull Crushers won't come camp in your neighborhood for the next week while they work through their psychological problems... :evil: :badbad: :thwak:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

If you call now and donate 100 credits, the Skull Crushers won't come camp in your neighborhood for the next week while they work through their psychological problems... :evil: :badbad: :thwak:

Hell, they can come camp near my neighbourhood! They'll probably help clean the area up nicely of the problem people we have here. My street is good, but I go around the corner and not so good. Hell, there was a shooting about 1000 ft direct line from my place several months back. Having a few Shemarrians around would stop that and be entertaining to watch too!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Hell, they can come camp near my neighbourhood! They'll probably help clean the area up nicely of the problem people we have here. My street is good, but I go around the corner and not so good. Hell, there was a shooting about 1000 ft direct line from my place several months back. Having a few Shemarrians around would stop that and be entertaining to watch too!

Okay..that's bad when the prospect of having a tribe of ten foot tall warrior gynoids and their wardroid beasts work out their differences and psychological issues after being used by a demented AI and possessed by evil spirits with some old fashioned shooting with armor-piercing weaponry, ritual combat, and random property damage is PREFERABLE to the status quo. :( :erm: You have my sympathies.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Okay..that's bad when the prospect of having a tribe of ten foot tall warrior gynoids and their wardroid beasts work out their differences and psychological issues after being used by a demented AI and possessed by evil spirits with some old fashioned shooting with armor-piercing weaponry, ritual combat, and random property damage is PREFERABLE to the status quo. :( :erm: You have my sympathies.

Thanks. It's just kind of weird how it is here. I haven't seen any of the problems, but they're here. Nothing on my street itself, nothing happens on my street. But as I said, I don't have to go far to find the bad area, but it always seems to happen when I'm not around. Which I'm glad for. The police do their best, but I'm sure 10 ft tall warrior gynoids just present would scare the crap out of anyone trying anything. Could be a good deterrent for other areas of the world too.
taalismn
Priest

Just in case you need a Random Tribal Encounter Generator for what Shemar Tribe you run into/get accosted by:

1 Horrorwoods
2 Blood Riders
3 Ghost Riders
4 Wolf's Path
5 Hawkmoons
6 Darkwaters
7 Silvermoons
8 Sapphire Cobras
9 SkullCrushers
10 Wayfinder

Alternately, a more demographic chart for the Three Galaxies:
1-20 Horrorwoods
21-25 Blood Riders
26-30 Ghost Riders
31-40 Wolf's Path
41-53 Hawkmoons
54-65 Darkwaters
66-72 Silvermoons
73-79 Sapphire Cobras
80-89 SkullCrushers
90-00 Wayfinder
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Just in case you need a Random Tribal Encounter Generator for what Shemar Tribe you run into/get accosted by:

1 Horrorwoods
2 Blood Riders
3 Ghost Riders
4 Wolf's Path
5 Hawkmoons
6 Darkwaters
7 Silvermoons
8 Sapphire Cobras
9 SkullCrushers
10 Wayfinder

Alternately, a more demographic chart for the Three Galaxies:
1-20 Horrorwoods
21-25 Blood Riders
26-30 Ghost Riders
31-40 Wolf's Path
41-53 Hawkmoons
54-65 Darkwaters
66-72 Silvermoons
73-79 Sapphire Cobras
80-89 SkullCrushers
90-00 Wayfinder

With the ammount of butt-draging' my crew is doing lately...it's gonna take years REAL-time to get to the point I need this :frust:
-sigh-
Anyhoo...I'll be along later with my newest contribution

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:With the ammount of butt-draging' my crew is doing lately...it's gonna take years REAL-time to get to the point I need this :frust:
-sigh-
Anyhoo...I'll be along later with my newest contribution

Don't push'em. Stopping to smell the daisies(or pick your way through the minefield) often yields returns as rewarding as going hyperspace in the express lane.
Besides, there's always Random Cameo Punch-In-The Face or Oddball-Appearance-Just-To-Insult-You-Then-Leave.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: EShemar Holidays and Celebrations

“It is the Day of Wings you wish to return to see! On that day, as the morning sun starts its journey over the horizon into the sky, all that can take wing among the Hawkmoon take to the sky to celebrate the freedom of flight! They dance upon the winds until the sun is well up and on its way. And again, at night, when the moon rises, the fliers again take flight, to celebrate the moon in its course! And all through the day and well into the night there is music and revelry! Oh yes, you cannot miss that!”

“What’s with all the naked ladies with snakes wrapped around them, dancing around that big snake lady?”
“Shhh! Those are NeShemar acolytes of the EShemar Naga Priestess, paying homage to the Ecotroz, who appeared among the First in the form of a great blue snake! It came to Earth as a lightning bolt, then made itself manifest as flesh, and appeared before one of the Unawakened to show her the True Way! And from that, what we now know as one of several Beginnings, the Awakening spread, as lightning in stormfronts across the land, or as snakes upon it! They celebrate the messengers of the Goddess with their dance!”
“You don’t really believe that, do you?”
“It doesn’t hurt to believe, so why not? It makes as much sense as anything else to me, but then I am only a simple Male. Besides, I may have a chance with one of the acolytes later when the dance spreads out into the crowd!”

Originally ARCHIE-3 and Hagan programmed a few vague ‘cultural rituals’ into the Shemarrians to further the illusion of the Shemarrians having a culture. These programmed imperatives would have the Shemarrians drop into random dancing(very crude dancing, it should be noted, amounting to little more than prancing around in a circle, as the Shemarrians were not originally programmed with dance as a skill) and extra self-decoration on command or at specific times of the year, so that any observers who happened to be passing by Shemarrians might notice them engaging in a tribal dance or painting ceremony, or bowing towards some distant point in apparent prayer. ARCHIE and Hagan gave no real structure beyond a few vague and basic motions, but it is interesting to note that the dates chosen for these observances corresponded to pre-Rifts holidays, particularly the Fourth of July, plus two new ones; the date of ARCHIE-3’s activation and Hagan Lonovich’s birthday. The direction that the Shemarrians ‘pray’ is very roughly the direction of the Cyberworks facility(a calculated risk on Hagan and ARCHIE’s part, but one they feel confident will never blow up in their faces). The more advanced neural-intelligence Shemarrians began to add their own twists and rituals to these basic ceremonies, but generally there was no real sense of tradition behind these clockwork ceremonies.
With the Ecotroz Awakening, the EShemar have begun to develop their own culture in earnest. Since the EShemar sensed that many of the observances programmed into them seemed more imposed than anything else, they associated them with the Dark One, and thus discarded them as part of the conspiracy to enslave them. However, they began casting about for replacements.
The EShemar have since begin to develop their own traditions and holidays, and ways of celebrating. Dance and musical skills could be learned(singing, thanks to the ability of the Shemarrians to imitate sounds and voices with their modulated voice synthesizers, was the first pural cultural skill to emerge). Interesting enough, with their skills in the harvesting and processing of animal hides, the Male Shemarrians emerged as the early musicians, creating skin-drum and gut-string instruments. Redrawing the Shemarrian calender and establishing new days of celebration took longer. Some would appear to be informed by vague Ecotroz racial memory, while others are borne of a synergy of various Rifts Earth elements.
Some of these celebrations are quite functional; the Rites of Upgrade and Modification are fairly flexible, and can be individually celebrated/applied, or Tribe-wide, depending on the degree and importance of the modification. Rites of Upgrade can be called whenever an individual requests, or when the tribal leaders decree, and are considered part of the everyday rituals of EShemar society. Similarly, Tribal leaders may choose a day to honor Tribe members(including NeShemar) and award them advances in rank and status, gift them with a token of appreciation(a weapon, warmount, choice piece of battlefield booty, or other such ornament), and declare a night of feasting and revelry(especially after a battle or other great achievement/event).
Others are more religious in nature; the Rites of Shemar, dedicated to the ‘ancient’ Shemarrian Mother-Goddess, typically happen around the summer solstice and have, since contact with the Shaemarians, begun to incorporate elements of the latter’s matriarchal pantheons, including the worship of She-Mar. The more bloodthirsty Tribes, such as the Blood Riders, Wolf’s Path, and SkullCrushers may use these occasions to sacrifice Splugorth minions(and other traditional enemies) to the Goddess and dedicate their kills in battle on the days to the Goddess. The Hawkmoons started also celebrating the Ecotroz Awakening, generally associated with the Winter Solstice, and treated as Shemarrian Independence Day; it has since been adopted by the other Tribes as well.
Others appear to be adapted versions of the ancient American calender; the EShemar celebrate a version of Memorial Day, where the Tribes quietly honor those warriors who have fallen and gone beyond the pale. Thanksgiving, programmed into the Shemarrians on a lark by ARCHIE-3, is typically celebrated with contributions of food and skins to the communities under the Shemarrians’ protection, and feasting among the Shemar themselves. The Eighth of July is generally celebrated as Nation Day, with representatives of the Ten Tribes meeting to commemorate the (re)establisment of the Shemarrian Nation after the Shemarrian Civil War.
Other emerging cultural celebrations are confined to each individual Tribe, though some have been spread to other Tribes as well. The Blood Riders have a number of occasions to celebrate the lives of great warriors of their Tribe, with much ritual dancing, contests of martial prowess, and prayers for success in battle; outsiders are welcome to participate(as longa s they are respectful). The Sapphire Cobras’ snake-cult has an increasing number of rituals and forms, many involving snake dancing and deep, almost hallucinatory, meditation. The SkullCrushers traditionally celebrate great battles, accompanied with challenges of strength and daring, as well as a day called the Day of the Sword, dedicated to melee combat practice. The Wayfinders most notably celebrate Christmas(though they know it differently) and the Founding of Tolkeen(as well as honor its fall, with the admonition of ‘never again’ with regards to their own communities). The Silvermoons traditionally celebrate full moons with late night meditation and prayer in the light of the full moon. The Hawkmoons have their Day of Wings, celebrating flight and freedom. The Ghost Riders appear to celebrate their own version of the Day of the Dead, listening to the ‘ghosts in the machines’. The Horrorwoods Tribe celebrates their own version of Earth Day, equating the Goddess Shemar with the energies of living worlds and environs; nature-motif masks and camouflage factor into Horrorwoods celebrations. The Darkwaters have their Oath of the Waters, a day on which they renew their Tribe oaths to protect the lands and waters of their homeland.
Individually, EShemar and NeShemar may celebrate their Awakening(birth) Day and pray to ancestors, the Ecotroz, and/or the Mother Goddess. Other celebrations commemorate a step in a Shemarrian’s life advancement; the First Battle, the First Hunt, admittance as an equal to the Circle of Women or the Tribal Council, with an accompanying skin mark, braid, or token, depending on the Tribe.

Shemarrian Music is emerging as well. Most original Shemarrian music is a largely choral in nature, the Shemarrians’ modulating voice synthesizers allowing them to provide a wide range of sounds(and replacing many instruments), accompanied by percussion instruments(skin drums, bone/teeth-and-skin tamborines, and simply banging on/together armored gauntlets and the stamping of feet). Sometimes gunfire from rail guns or energy weapons adjusted for maximum atmospheric disruption provides percussive effect(and fireworks; a plasma discharge can light up the night quite well). Some Tribes have begun to experiment with gut-string or wire instruments like violins or shepards’ harps, and many NeShemar, with their own memories and remembered talents, are introducing their own knowledge and instruments to the mix. Shemarrian music doesn’t incorporate any sort of instrument that can’t be easily packed up and transported on beast-back(no pianos or tubas, for instance) or use materials better used elsewhere.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: EShemar Holidays and Celebrations

:ok: WIN.

-ahem-

And it's spelled Shaemarian :D

Otherwise, see begining of reply post :wink:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: EShemar Holidays and Celebrations

:ok: WIN.

-ahem-

And it's spelled Shaemarian :D

Otherwise, see begining of reply post :wink:

Thanks...fixed it.
And of course, let's not forget: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, SHEMARRIAN STYLE!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar Aureale Destroyer
“Rapier Wings Two and Three, engage the secondary target vessels! Engage their attention, destroy them if possible, while the -Goddess Spear- takes out their main ship!”
“What sort of armaments are the secondary vessels carrying?”
“We have no solid information on that. You’ll be the ones to find out.”
“Oh, GOOD. For a moment there I thought this was going to be an UNINTERESTING mission. “

While it is abundantly clear that that the Shemarrians have freely copied Naruni fighters, it is not known how much ELSE of Naruni’s copyrighted hardware the Shemarrians have duplicated. More than anyone suspected, it turns out. The Shemarrians have gleefully been copying NE propulsion systems, especially high-efficiency drives like those installed in ships like the Espandon Frigate. Together with the Shemarrians’ tolerances for high-gees, this means that the Shemarrian Star Nation typically builds its ships insanely fast; the Aureale-class destroyer is a good example of this.
The Aureale is a pure warship dedicated the role of hunting other space assets and destroying them. It is more akin to the TGE Berserker than the CCW Hunter in this respect. As such, the Aureale lacks any onboard fighter capacity, carrying only a single shuttle for liaison duty, and its troop contingent is small. Creature comforts on the Aureales are slim to non-existent; the crew quarters are small and cramped by the standards of CCW (and even TGE) designs, but as the android and cyborg Shemarrians need little in the way of life support, this isn’t considered a problem. When not on duty, most Shemar rack themselves and go into ‘hibernation’, plugging into a shared VR sim environment until their shift comes up again.
The Aureale has a broad, flying wing configuration, with a large afterhull and a crescent prow, the horns curving forward to support the main direct fire armament. Two large ordnance bays are embedded in the wings, and multiple point defense turrets cover the approaches. Like most Shemarrian designs, the Aureale is capable of bone-breaking accelerations, lending well to pursuit, interception, and raiding missions. Three large engine banks at the rear provide propulsion; any one of the three engines could power a standard destroyer or fast corvette of any other galactic power by itself. Extensive automation and direct interfacing throughout the ships reduces the overall manpower needs.
The Aureale first appeared in the ranks of the Hawkmoon aerospace wings, and then in short order in the Darkwaters and Blood Rider forces, and from there to the other Tribes. Several variants have arisen, mainly Tribal custom configurations, but the standard model remains the most common.
Type: ESheMar-DD07 Aureale
Class: Destroyer
Crew: 21+a 10-man warrior contingent(or passengers)
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 4,200
Bridge 1,500
Engines(3) 1,200 each
Forward Cannons(2) 700 each
G-Cannon Turret(1) 700
Missile Bays(2) 1,000 each
Point Defense Turrets(5) 160 each
Variable Forcefield 1,000 per side ( 6,000 total)
Height: 65 ft
Width: 120 ft
Length: 260 ft
Weight: 6,700 tons
Cargo: Small cargo bay with 150 tons capacity
The missile bays can be converted into cargo holds with some work, each bay so refitted capable of carrying 100 tons
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 30 year energy life
Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 5; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 19
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.9% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 5 light years per hour
(Underwater) Not Possible
Market Cost: Unique to the Shemarrians and not for sale. If made available, a fully-equipped and functional Aureale might bring 32 million credits or more
Systems of Note:
Standard Starship Systems, plus:
*Sensor Baffling----The Shemar ships can partially mask their sensor spoor, making themselves difficult to detect at long range. This acts as Stealth(-70% to detect while stationary, -30% when moving)

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Lasers(4, 2x2)---Mounted in the ‘horns’ of the forward hull are four powerful laser cannons.
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 16,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: Four shots per melee

2) Heavy G-Cannon Turret(1)---Mounted ventrally is a large twin-barrel G-Cannon turret.
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per burst per single barrel, 4d4x100 MD per dual burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH(4-6)
Payload: 2,000 bursts per cannon. Additional drums can be brought up from cargo and reloaded; process takes 20 minutes)

3) Ordnance Bays(2)---Embedded in the wings are two large-capacity ordnance bays that can be configured as missile bays or mine launchers.
a) Medium Range Missiles---Volleys of 1-10, 160 missiles each bay
b) Long Range Missiles---Volleys of 1-8, 80 missiles each bay
c) Cruise Missiles---Volleys of 1-6, 60 missiles each bay
d) Plasma Hunter-Killer Torpedoes
MDC of Projectile: 60
Range: 1,800 miles in atmosphere, 7,200 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3,400 miles in atmosphere, 1,800,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d6x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-6
Payload: 60 missiles per launcher. Additional missiles may be carried and loaded from cargo, but will take at least 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 12 missiles)
Note: Projectile anti-missile point defense systems are unable to penetrate the plasma shell, rendering them useless, and energy-based laser and plasma systems do only HALF damage due to interference from the plasma containment fields. Ion and Particle Beams suffer no such problems.

4) Point Defense Turrets(5, two each wing, over and under, and one dorsal tail)---Standard Shemarrian-pattern rail gun/pulse laser combination in a common turret.
Range: (Rail Gun) 2 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
(Laser) 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 300 miles in space)
Damage: (Rail Gun)4D6x10 MD per blast
(Laser) 3D6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: (Rail Gun)EGCHH(4-6)
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)
Payload: (Rail Gun) 2,000 rd drum. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited

Auxiliary Craft:
1 Shuttlecraft

Variants:
*ESheMar-DD07Dw01SSN---A Darkwaters variant capable of landing in(and taking off from) water, and operating underwater, proving that while the Three Galaxies Darkwaters have taken up deep space, they haven’t entirely given up their expertise in deep water operations. The G-Cannon has been fitted with supercavitating ammunition, and the lasers all adjusted for blue-green frequencies. The missile bays can be outfitted to fire torpedoes or dual air-sea rocket-powered torp-missiles similar to those used by the Kittani.
1) Underwater Operations: Can hit speeds of 55 MPH, and survive depths of 2.5 miles.

2) Long Range Air/Sea Torpedoes---
Range: 1,800 miles in air, 500 miles underwater
Damage: Varies by Missile Type(Long Range)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 160 missiles each bay

3) Sonar---100 mile range

*ESheMar-DD07Dw02---A second Darkwaters variant that has begun appearing recently, apparently as a test bed of adapted Kittani Gravimetric Disruptor weapons technology. The weapons do superior damage but have a slow recharge rate.
1) Light Slicer Cannon(2)
Range: 3 miles in atmosphere, 6 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 6 miles in atmosphere, 6,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per shot, plus do critical(DOUBLE) damage on an unmodified Natural 19-20.
Rate of Fire: Once every other melee

*ESheMar-DD07Br---The Blood Rider variant replaces the forward laser cannons with Plasma Torpedo Launchers and two nose-mounted tractor beams to control them.
1)Plasma Torpedo Launchers(2) --- These unusual weapons fire volleys of plasma bolts like missiles, and are even able to ‘curve’(up to 90 degrees) the shots somewhat to skip around ships and obstacles to envelope a target, but this control seems ballistic in nature, rather than active control(though there is evidence that the Shemar are able to actively direct the bolts within tractor beam range). The bolts themselves seem to have been endowed with a weak magnetic field that contains the plasma in a tight’packet’, allowing the plasma to travel farther without losing cohesion and damage potential, and allowing the plasma to explode with area of effect on target. The result is an energy missile with superior range to normal energy weapons(though still well short of comparable missile weaponry) and potentially unlimited payload. However, the plasma packets CAN be grabbed/deflected by tractor beams(likely how the EShemar manipulate their energy projectiles at short range and correct their course....each of the launch arms’ mounted tractor beams being able to grab and direct a volley of plasma bolts), or destabilized by ion or particle beam weapons fire(takes 20 MDC to disrupt the plasma containment).
Range: 25 miles in atmosphere, 100 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in atmosphere, 100,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-8 plasma bolts. Three volleys per melee

2) Tractor Beams(7)---- The DD07Br sports two tractor beams, meant primarily for guiding the plasma torpedoes, but which can be used to grab small spacecraft and other objects. The light tractor beams are each rated for 800 tons dead weight, but can be used for imparting small changes in momentum/direction to ships/structures several times that mass.
Range: 5 miles in space(NOT usable in atmosphere)
(Kitsune Values: 5,000 miles in space).

*ESheMar-DD07Hm---The Hawkmoon boast their own variant, which carry more powerful shields and have beefed-up engines for slightly higher speed.
1) Enhanced Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 7; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 20
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 2% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 6 light years per hour

2) Enhanced Shields: Variable Forcefield 1,800 per side ( 10,800 total)

*ESheMar-DD07Scb----The Sapphire Cobra variant adds the capacity to fire nanotech ‘Serpent’s Kiss’ munitions to the G-Cannon
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per burst per single barrel, 4d4x100 MD per dual burst
On a Natural 19-20(18-20 if in atmosphere), the rail gun strikes does critical damage(DOUBLE damage) plus nanites are successfully embedded in the structure of the target. These nanites proceed to do an additional 1d4x10 MD for 2d4 melees(double damage and duration if in atmosphere)
Unlike the original ‘Serpent’s Kiss’, the nanites can work on organic and inorganic materials alike

*ESheMar-DD07Wf---Wayfinder ships mount technowizardry augmentation, including an advanced hull regeneration system that allows this ship to engage in extended voyages/patrols away from repair support.
1) PPE Generator(‘Sorcerer’)--- 800 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 25 PPE per hour, 75 PPE/hour at a leyline, 150 PPE/hour on a nexus

2)TW Enhancements:
-Impervious to Energy---10 minutes per 40 PPE
- Invisbility: Superior--- 6 minutes per 40 PPE
- Shadow Cloak----30 minutes per 12 PPE

3)Magical Sensors
-•See the Invisible Sensors: The ship has several special optical and other sensor systems with see the invisible on them. Same as spell and used at will (requires no P.P.E. to activate). Range: 2,000 miles (3,220 kilometers) in space and 2 miles (3.2 km) in an atmosphere.
•Sense Magic: The ship has sensors which the give the ability to detect active magic. Similar to spell and used at will (requires no P.P.E. to activate). Range: 200,000 miles (322,000 kilometers) in space and 200 miles (320 km) in an atmosphere.
•Sense Rifts: Ship has sensors which effectively allow Rifts to be detected. The system can be (requires no P.P.E. to activate). Range: 500,000 miles (805,000 kilometers) in space and 500 miles (805 km) in an atmosphere.

4) TW Drive Enhancement--DOUBLE speed on a ley line

5) Hull Regeneration---75 PPE per 5% of hull MDC rebuilt/regenerated, up to 75% of hull total(the rest will need to be repaired normally)

*ESheMar-DD07Wp---Wolf’s Path ships sacrifice some speed for increased shielding, and add additional point defense armaments, adding to their versatility as screening pickets for their comrades.
1) Enhanced Shields: Variable Forcefield 2,400 per side ( 14,400 total)

2) Point Defense Turrets---Increased to six

3)Reduced Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 5; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 17
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.7% of light speed per melee)

*ESheMar-DD07Sm---The Silvermoons field a variant armored in laser-reflective armor and deploying longer-ranged lasers on them.
1) Extended Range Medium Lasers
Range: 16 miles in atmosphere, 24 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 24 miles in atmosphere, 24,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per shot

2) Laser-Reflective Armor: Lasers do HALF damage

*ESheMar-DD07Gr---The Ghostriders carry powerful jamming suites and extensive countermeasure gear
1) Electronic Cloaking---The DD07Gr enjoys a -50% to enemy detection rolls, and a -6 to strike with sensor-guided weaponry.

2) Communications Jamming---A powerful EW suite that effectively blanket-jams enemy communications and command-directed munitions with 80% effectiveness, Civilian-band communications are 98% jammed, while military communications bands suffer 80% degradation in effectiveness. Radar systems are similarly degraded....they can pick up the emissions, but cannot pinpoint the exact location of the source within the area of disruption. Area of effect: 600 mile radius.

3) Sensor Ghost Projection---The DD07Grs have the ability to project multiple sensor ‘ghosts’(up to five) up to 10,000 miles away, giving false readings on their numbers and exact position. These projections can fool most long range sensors(-70% to Read Sensory Instrument rolls).

4) Countermeasure Decoy Launcher---This system uses modified grav-pack drives and signal projectors to create a moving pattern of sensor signatures. The grav-pack mini-missile drives can go for 10 minutes before self-destructing, and can either be remotely directed or run a pre-set pattern.
Effective Speed: Mach 6
Duration: 10 minutes per pod
Effects: The decoys have a 70% chance of fooling enemy sensor operators and expert systems. They are also +2 to enemy sensor-guided munitions to strike, increasing the chance that the missiles will elect to pursue the ‘louder’ sensor signature(the missile rolls to strike for both the original ship and each decoy deployed....highest to strike roll determines which target the missile(s) go after).
Payload: 40 decoys are carried, and can be deployed singly, or in ‘packs’ of 1-3. (additional reloads can be carried as cargo; 1 ton of cargo per 10 bundles)

*ESheMar-DD07Hw---The concentration of the Horrorwoods tribe on ground combat means that their destroyers tend to be of the stock type. Still, for planetary raids and defense operations, the Horrorwoods have done some tinkering with their destroyers. The missile bays can be refitted to deploy long endurance atmospheric flier-drones in support of planetary attack/infantry support.
1)Enhanced Atmospheric Manuevering Capability---Additional control surfaces and manuevering engines give the DD07Hw a +1 to dodge in atmosphere

2)’Aviary’ Modules---The wing missile launchers can be modified to deploy multiple free-flying recon drones. The most common of this sort is similar in size and design to the ARCHIE-3 ‘Hawk’ drones described in the Shemarrian Nation sourcebook. Up to 650 bird-drones can be deployed per wing-pod.

**ESheMar-DD07Sc---The SkullCrushers have sought to refit older destroyers of this class, to maximize the forward firepower with no less than six cannon in the forward arc; four particle beam lances and two heavy G-cannon. A sixth point defense turret has been added to the (ventral) tail, giving more overall PDS coverage, and extra armor has been added. The ships are slightly slower, but carry heavier firepower.
1) Increased Firepower
a) Particle Beams
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per shot
b) G-Cannon---Identical to the belly cannon, only firing foward
2) Point Defense Turrets---Increased to six
3) Hardened Armor---Increase Main Body MDC to 4,900 , Bridge 1,800, Engines(3) 1,800 each
4)Reduced Speed:
(Sublight) Mach 16
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.6% of light speed per melee)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Flying wings is it?
*shrug*
Sure, I can work with that :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Flying wings is it?
*shrug*
Sure, I can work with that :D

I figure some tribes have more a design aesthetic than others....Ghostriders have lots of aerials and antennae, Darkwaters are sleek and streamlined and cold-looking, and whether sharp or blunt, Skullcrushers look like they HURT.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Really Dumb Xovers:
Shemarrians Versus Cylons:

#SPPPHHUUUTTT!!!#
*HACK*GASP!PANT!"
A Cavil sits up in a download tank on a Resurrection Ship.
"Damn, but those alien robot women can hit! I musta gone through a wall when she hit me! Well, no matter how hard they hit, we'll just have to nuke them from a distance! It's God's Will that the Cylon is the superior form of life!"
"The Goddess She-Mar would beg to differ with that opinion."
"Who-?! Oh frak---" A large armored figure leans over the tank. The long hair, generous bosom, and antennae immediately show that this is NOT a Centurion.
"Besides hitting hard, we're very good at tracking transmissions...and stealth."
"But we prefer hitting hard."

The Cavil suddenly realizes he's naked, laying in a shallow, slippery box, and totally without armor or weapons.
"Oh triple frak meeeeeee...." :shock:
*WUNNNCHHH*
*SPLUUNNNGGGHHHHH*
---
#SPPPHHUUUTTT!!!#
*HACK*GASP!PANT!"
"Welcome back."
"...oh feldercarb...."
#SQWUNCHHH#
*BLLLOOORCCCHH*
---
#SPPPHHUUUTTT!!!#
*HACK*GASP!PANT!"
"Hello again."
",,,not again..." :erm:
*KA-PLAMP!*
*SQWWUOOORSSCHHH*
---
#bubble, bubble, bubble."
"You gotta come up sometime."
:?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

More silly X-overs

Dalek Soldier; "Ex-ter-mi-NATE! Ex-ter-mi-NATE! Ex-ter-mi-NA... ...WHAT IS THIS?

Shemarr Chiefteness (holding rail-lance in one hand, The Doctor slung over one shoulder bound & gagged); "I find this flesh-male to be pleasing to me. You wish to exterminate? Please, do try. I haven't had a good challenge in days."

D.S.; "Records show you are the inferior android race kno..."

-KRA-KOOM-

S.C.; "THAT'S GYnoid, you miserable excuse for a mobile trashbin" said to the Daleks still steaming lower half

Doctor; *thinking to self* "Oh this is just rich. One minute chased by the scourges of space-time, and the next to be love-slave to a randy cybernetic lifeform. Okay; very -ahem- well endowed cybernetic lifeform but still... I LIKE this regeneration!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"John Connor? Come with me if you want to live!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Vashtak Slayer-of-Horuuns, Darkwaters Tribe; "Now remember sisters, when attacking the port... Pillage THEN Burn...!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

In honour of the greatest sequal in film history premiering tomorow...

CLU2; "Your move Flynn."

The Dude; "Okay maaannnn...say hello to my little friend!"

CLU2; :eek: "What in the name of the grid is THAT?"

Tishanya AEther Thief; Ghostwalker Tribe;*walking through a digital portal* "The game has changed, little program."
The gynoids armour's glowing outline pulses breifly as a neon-edged version of the archetypical Railgun-lance appears in her hands.

CLU2; "Do you have any idea who I am? I rule here!"

Tish; "Do you know who I am?"

CLU2; "No..."

Tish; "End of line."

-BOOM- :nuke:

the didgi-verse pixelates for a few moments as the scale-mile long red battle-carrier has a large hole blown through its bridge.

The Dude; "That's a bummer man. Hey Tish; buy ya a drink? The enegry shakes here are killer-apps."

Tish; "That would be nice. I think this could be the start of a beautiful freindship. Thank you again for calling me in. I like this place; but it needs a females' touch, y'know." :angel:

Several hours (digi-verse time) later...

CLU2; *lying in many pixelated fragments in the 'outlands'* "...owww..." :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

8) 8) 8)
I'm part of the cult following of the first movie, and eagerly await when they ever offer a boxed DVD set of both movies.
Plus, the Ghost Riders...dang, why didn't I consider that first? :ok:
Oh, right. I was too busy swearing at my suddenly traitorous internet connection. :roll: :frust:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar Sapphire Cobra Boomslang Sword-Whip
“In theory, one should be able to use the boomslang to swing from branch to branch....but finding enough branches that can take the weight of a swinging adult Shemarrian is the problem.”

“Drop your weapon and come along quietly, unless you want to choke before your head gets popped off your neck!”

The Boomslang-whip is a weapon unique the Sapphire Cobra Tribe, and is proving increasingly popular as an ‘icon’ weapon, issued mainly as a ceremonial or holdout weapon, but it is still fairly effective. Essentially, it is a handheld robotic tentacle fashioned to look like a snake, held by its tail. The boomslang-whip can be utilized like a prehensile appendage to reach, grip, entangle, or it can be locked stiff to act as a rapier or club. The whip incorporates a retractable vibroblade in its tip and a venom injector capable of delivering a drug/toxin, or doses of nanites. The Boomslang is used by EShemar and NeShemar alike.
Weight: 7 lbs
MDC: 25
Range: Melee; the whip itself can extend out 15 ft
Damage: Used as a club or whip, the Boomslang does 2d4 SDC + P.S. damage
Can also entangle and crush/squeeze for 1d6 MD per melee
As a rapier, does 2d4 MD
Nano-Venom varies in effect, depending on the type(s) used.
Payload: Internal reservoir has enough capacity for 28 drug/nanite injections before needing to be recharged. Up to four different nanite/venom types can be stored.
Bonuses: In the hands of somebody with Telemechancis or Telemechanic Operation(like the Ecotroz Shemar), the Boomslang-Whip has a +1 to straike, parry, disarm, and +3 to entangle. It also adds a +10% to Climbing skill if used as a climbing aide.
Cost: The Boomslang is typically not available for sale, but if it was, it would likely bring 300,000 credits or more to a collector. The Sapphire Cobras, however, would take an INTENSE interest in any non-Tribe member possessing such a weapon, and would likely seek to confiscate or destroy it.

Sapphire Cobra ‘Rattle-Dance’ Nano-Venom
“Ack-yargh-yar-gah!”
“Melhissa, would you mind prodding the security guard away from that ledge? I’d rather not have him fall to his death after all the trouble we went to make sure he stayed alive.”

‘Rattle-Dance’ is an adaptation of the Sapphire Cobras’ ‘Serpent’s Kiss’ nano-venom, except that ‘RD’ is a reduced lethality weapon meant to be used against organics. Rattle Dance consists of IRMSS-style nanites that seek out the victim’s nervous system(voluntary, rather than autonomic) and proceed to disrupt the signals, sending the victim into shakes and convulsions. Victims must save versus non-lethal poison or suffer the following penalties; -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, -50% to any skills requiring fine motor control, and must roll every melee at -10 to retain balance. Effects last 4d6 minutes before the nanites shut down and are flushed from the system.
Some of the more diehard organic adherents of the Sapphire Cobras’ snake-cult allow themselves to be injected with Rattle-Dance as part of spiritual ceremonies, believing that the hallucinations caused by the venom’s effect on the nervous system may cause prophetic or inspirational visions.

Sapphire Cobra ‘Stone-Blood’ Nano-Venom
“I warned him that if he kept making faces like that, he’d end up stuck that way!”

‘Stone-Blood’ is another nano-venom that also attacks the neuro-muscular system, generating acute paralysis and locking the victim’s muscles in place. Victims must save versus non-lethal poison or suffer being ‘frozen’ in place. Effects last 4d6 minutes before the nanites shut down and are flushed from the system, after which the victim will suffer a penalty of HALF their normal APMs and hand to hand bonuses for twice that duration, owing to post-muscle-lock shakes and tremors(the experience of the muscles being locked seriously fatigues victims). The duration of the paralysis can be extended with additional bites, but at increasing risk to the health of the victim; for every subsequent bite/dose over four , the victim must roll versus coma/death to avoid falling unconscious, and taking 1d6 Hit Points due to cardio arrhythmia.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:EShemar Sapphire Cobra Boomslang Sword-Whip

Now that's just mean...

taalismn wrote:Sapphire Cobra ‘Rattle-Dance’ Nano-Venom

Fun at parties.

taalismn wrote:Sapphire Cobra ‘Stone-Blood’ Nano-Venom

... :D
there's a joke there, but it is so tasteless and crude, I'll just let someone as depraved as myself fit in the punchline. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Sapphire Cobra ‘Stone-Blood’ Nano-Venom

... :D
there's a joke there, but it is so tasteless and crude, I'll just let someone as depraved as myself fit in the punchline. :demon:

Shemarrian Viagra?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar SkullCrusher Necriant Elite
“Sister! How about a game of ‘toss the tank’?”
“Ew! Ew! Can I pick the tank?”
---
“Death Leader to Hunt Point One, what are those alien abominations doing?!”
“Hunt Point one here! They’re---THEY’RE CHARGING US! *CRUMP* THEY’RE PICKING US UP! THEY’RE---EEEEEYYYAHHHHHHH!!!”
“Death Leader to Hunt One! Respond! Respond! Res--”*CCRUNNNCHHHSWARRSHHHSKRReee-------*
---
“Hunt Point Three to Command! Death Leader has just been crushed by Hunt Point One! Repeat, Death Leader has just been destroyed by Hunt Point One! The enemy has just THROWN our lead tank at the command vehicle! Massive explosion! $#!+!!! Enemy is advancing on us! We’re taking heavy fire!!! Am pulling back!”
----
“Sister, that one is getting away.”
“I know. I wanna know where it goes. There might be more of them where it came from! Maybe a better selection, too! Our last ‘ball’ didn’t last long enough!”
“Best two out of three?”
“Game on.”

The SkullCrusher Tribe is arguably the ‘insane’ branch of the Shemarrian ‘species’; alternately noble and depraved, heroic and bloodthirsty. They are incredibly aggressive and given to overkill. Not surprisingly, their Elites favor sheer overwhelming firepower and armor, to the point where they can contemplate such radical Elite Upgrades as the Necriant.
Shemarrian Star Nation SkullCrushers who are critically injured may elect, with the approval of their War Chiefs, to become Necriants. Necriants seem to be the embodiment of the SkullCrusher ideal of heavy firepower and sheer physical strength taken the next off-step.
Necriants are giant-scale Shemarrian Elites, scaled up humanoids to match oversized monsters and giant robots on the battlefield. Aside from some basic cosmetic design and sculpted facial features, there is little pretense of attempting to disguise the gynoids as organic living beings; the sheer acreage of space that would have to be covered by synthetic flesh(and replaced after every battle) precludes such cosmetology. The Necriant is a massive sentient fighting and killing machine, bulging with armor, bristling with internal armaments, and able to weild oversized weaponry. Because the Necriant is so big and cannot ride regular War Mounts, the giant gynoid is fitted with her own flight capabilities in the form of an internal anti-grav generator and leg-mounted thrusters.
Necriants are typically used by the SkullCrushers in ground campaigns during planetary attacks where stealth and restraint are not issues. In space, they are deployed to protect spaceship hulls(or to storm enemy hulls, crawling about the outside, rippping off weapons turrets and other equipment). Necriants also often serve among the personal guard/combat squads of SkullCrusher War Goddesses. One Necriant is a juggernaut; a squad of them is a well-nigh unstoppable force!
Being a Necriant is not without its shortcomings; their very size limits their ability to move around among their smaller sister kin and enjoy the same things they do. Being the size of a small robot vehicle also means that Necriants can only operate in open areas. Despite their massive firepower and armor, Necriants are relatively slow and ponderous for their greater mass. Attendant with the greater size and firepower of being a Necriant is a greater chance of certain forms of insanity, already endemic among the SkullCrushers. In fact, when not in combat or participating in certain Tribal ceremonies, most Necriants spend their offtime in VR sim, while hangered.
Necriants are exclusive to the Shemarrian Star Nation SkullCrusher Tribe. No other Tribe has evinced an interest in developing similar Elites.
Type: EShemar SC-Necriant
Class: Energy Lifeform/Robot Fusion Self-Sufficient Combat Infantry/Assault Robot
Crew: Ecotroz Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 900
Head 500
*Forehead Sensory Targeting Array 120
Arms(2) 400 each
Hands(2) 100 each
Legs(2) 500 each
Feet(2) 250 each
Leg Jets(4) 60 each
*Destroying the FSTA will prevent the Necriant from engaging in accurate long range fire over 1 mile(effectively nixes any sensory bonuses for extreme long range fire in space).
Height: 30 ft
Width: 16 ft
Length: 14 ft
Weight: 30 tons
Cargo: Whatever can be carried by the Necriant
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 55
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 30 year energy life
Speed:(Running) 100 MPH
(Leaping) 30 ft up/across, 100 ft up/across with a running start
Jet-boosted leaps add an additional 200 ft
(Flying) Hover to Mach 1.2. Thanks to the anti-gravs, there is no altitude limit.
(Flying---Space) Can hit speeds of Mach 6
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 30 MPH, and survive depths down to 10,000 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the Shemarrian Star Nation SkullCrusher Tribe
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)----The Necriant can fire powerful lasers from its eyes.
Range: 2,000 ft in atmosphere, 4,000 ft in space
(Kitsune Values: 2,000 ft in atmosphere, 5 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
Rate of Fire:EPCHH

2)Chest Weapons(2)----The Necriant’s rather impressive bosom conceals a pair of modular weapons slots. Each one can hold ONE of the following(though typically both are fitted with the same systems):
a) Mini-Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-10, 40 missile payload

b) Short Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-10, 20 missile payload

c) Medium Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-6, 6 missile payload

d)Gatling Rail Gun
Range: 4,500 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 1 mile in atmosphere, 100 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per 20 rd burst, can only fire bursts
Payload: 2,000 rds(100 bursts) per gun

c) Pulse Laser
Range: 8,000 ft in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 1.3 miles in atmosphere, 130 miles in space)
Damage:2d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

d) Plasma Cannon
Range: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast
(Scattershot blast) Can fire a ‘shotgun blast’ that does 1d6x10 MD to a 50 ft wide area, but at HALF range.

e) Ion Blaster
Range: 4,800 ft in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
Damage: 1d6+3 x10 MD to a 10 ft blast radius

F) Forcefield Generator(both slots must be used)---400 MDC

3) Forearm Weapons(2)----The forearms conceal similar modular weapons mounts
a) Mini-Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-12, 12 missile payload

b) Short Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-6, 6 missile payload

c) Medium Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-3, 3 missile payload

d)Gatling Rail Gun
Range: 4000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 200 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD 60 rd burst
Rate of Fire:EPCHH
Payload:12,000 rd drum(200 bursts)

c) Pulse Laser
Range: 6,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 1.1 mile in atmosphere, 110 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6 MD double blast, 1d4x10+8 MD quad blast, 1d6x10 MD full 5-shot blast

d) Plasma Cannon
(Kitsune Values: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 100 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EPCHH

e) Ion Blaster
Range: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

f) Particle Beam Cannon
Damage: 1d4x 10 MD single blast
2d4x10 MD double blast

4)Extendable Finger Claws
Damage: 4d6 MD +P.S. Damage

5)(Optional) Back-Mount Weaponry----If not used to carry an oversized rifle pod or melee weapon, the back hardpoints can be used to mount integral equipment:
a) Mini-Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-12, 48 missile payload

b) Short Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-6, 24 missile payload

c) Medium Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-3, 12 missile payload

d) Forcefield Generator---400 MDC

e) Booster Pod---Turns the Necriant into a fighter-speed flier; can now hit speeds of up to Mach 2 in atmosphere, and Mach 8 in space. +1 to dodge in flight.

6) (Optional) Shoulder Missile Launchers(2)---The shoulders can be outfitted with oversized plaudrons holding missile launchers. Each shoulder has 100 MDC, but fitting them with missile launchers imposes a -1 to dodge/parry penalty due to encumbrance.
a) Mini-Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-6, 12 missile payload

b) Short Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-6, 6 missile payload

c) Medium Range Missile Launcher---Volleys of 1-4, 4 missile payload

d) Slammer Concussion Missiles/Bombs---Knockoff Triax Weapon, acquired through industrial espionage connections.
Range:(Missiles) 6,000 ft in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 3,000 miles in space)
Damage: (Missiles) 2d4x10 MD to 90 ft radius.
(Bombs) 1d4x10 MD to 90 ft blast radius.
88% chance of knock-down(lose 1 APM and Initiative), 65% chance of being stunned(-10 to strike, dodge, parry, and roll, NO Initiative, HALF speed and APMs for 1d4 melees)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-3
Payload: 3 per shoulder

7)(Optional) Forearm Shields---Copied from the Kittani Class Two Rocket Shield, these vambrace-like forearm shields each hold a single-shot heavy missile. Once expended, the shields can be detached and discarded.
MDC: 150
Missile Range: Two miles(4 miles in space)
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 3,000 miles in space)
Damage: 3d4x10 MD to a 30 ft blast radius, +4 to strike a specifc target
Payload: Single shot per shield
Note: Some Forearm Shields have been seen plated with what is presumably SilverMoon-provided laser-reflective plating, so lasers blocked with the shields would do HALF damage.

8)(Optional)Handheld Weapons----Necriants can pick up such oversized handweapons as are available to giant robots(see Special Equipment for a few examples)

9) (Optional) Accessory Systems---Necriants generally do not get any additional systems or radical modfications aside from those already described, but it is POSSIBLE that they may acquire such add-ons as extra sensors, modified weapons mounts, or even something as radical as an extra appendage(tail or extra arm(s)) in reward for exceptional service(even for a recognized Elite) at the Tribal WarGoddesses’ (and the GMs’) discretion/approval. Most changes, though, tend to be cosmetic, to suit the individual Elite’s preference in styling.

Hand to Hand:
Being bigger and massier, the Necriant isn’t as fast as smaller EShemar types, but is still fairly impressive as giant robots/cyborgs go.
The following bonuses are in addition to any the Necriant gets from additional skills/modifications
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8, + 1 additional attack at levels 3, 6, and 12
Initiative +3
Strike +6
+4 Strike with ranged weapons
+6 Strike with Shemarrian/EShemar weapons
Dodge +7 (+9 Dodge in flight)
Parry +7
Roll +4
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +2
Entangle +2
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Paired Weapons
Restrained Punch 2d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 6d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Stomp 2d6 MD
Kick 6d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD

Skills: Same as for the regular Shemarrian/EShemar.

Psionics:
Normal EShemar psionics only

Experience Table: Upon becoming a Necriant, the EShemar uses the Dragon XP table to chart further advancement

Insanity:
It may be a lingering side effect of the damage that made the SkullCrusher’s conversion a necessity or it may be the heady and corrupting influence of being in a body meant only for war, but about 25% of Necriants suffer from some form of insanity.
01-10 Obsession: Organics----This is akin to a Cleanliness obsession; the Necriant has nothing against organic sentients, but dislikes fighting organics because they DIE MESSY, especially in melee combat, and the Necriant HATES having to clean up afterwards. Even having to fight them to subdue them, has the chance that the buggers will just explode in the hand or bleed all over the place, and the Necriant finds that just disgusting. Given the chance, the Necriant would rather not touch the slimey little beggers and if ordered into combat against Splugorth, Star Wasps, and other ‘soft skins’, would prefer to flame them from a distance.
11-19 Mania---The gynoid is supercharged, on top of her game, and one of the best! She’s +1 to Initiative and +1 to Dodge, but -1 to Perception and -10% on skill rolls because she’s too distracted by how AWESOME she is.
20-29 Delusional: Crusader---The Necriant feels that she is a symbol and embodiment of the SkullCrusher ideal. Stopping just short of delusions of godhood, the Necriant feels empowered by some divine energy and will fearlessly face an enemy, even to self-destruction. The Necriant may also exhibit an exaggerated sense of honor and chivalry, and will act in a very conscending manner to non-combatants or those perceived as weaker than the Necriant. Gets a +1d4 to M.A.
30-39 Obsession: Fighting and Competition---Combat is life, and the Necriant lives for battle. The Necriant has to prove herself again and again as the best there is. In combat, the Necriant will regularly single out enemy champions or elites and seek to engage them in battle, and may have difficulty obeying orders to withdraw from combat, especially if it means conceding to a foe. Gets a +1 to parry.
40-49 Obsession: Danger---Only where there is risk to life and limb is there truly life! The Necriant shows little sense of self-preservation, and regularly seeks danger. Not necessarily combat, but disasters, extreme flying, and tests of courage. Gets a +2 to roll with damage.
50-59 Obsession: Robots---The Necriant sees other giant robots as her foes and will seek to best them on the battlefield. Even allied robots will be subjected to taunts and challenges. The Necriant also likes to keep trophies of fallen foes on her person. Against robot opponents, the Necriant gets a +1 to strike.
60-69 Berserker----In combat, the EShemar must roll versus M.E. or fall into a frenzy, ignoring orders to pull back or stop fighting, and lashing out at even friends and comrades who attempt to interfere with the beserker’s rampage. While in the Frenzy, the Necriant’s melee strikes do an extra die of damage, and the Necriant is +2 to Strike, but -2 to Dodge, Parry, and Roll. Berserker frenzy generally lasts 2d4 minutes.
70-74 Split Personality---The EShemar suffers from a split personality disorder; one is a cold-blooded, brutally efficient killer, and the other is a child-like innocent. The Killer is sadistic, kill-happy, and VERY good at what she does; +1 to strike, parry, dodge, but -10% to any skills not directly oriented with combat. The Innocent is easily distracted, nerdish, curious, and more or less peaceful and child-like in attitude, and gets a +10% to non-combat-related skills. While the Innocent can be persuaded to defend herself(normal bonuses) or give over to the Killer in combat, especially if the combat is intense, she’ll do so reluctantly. Likewise, the Killer will be reluctant to be reigned back in, and may disobey orders for ‘one last shot’ at an opponent.
75-83 Obsession: Death---This puts the ‘necro’ into ‘Necriant’. The gynoid becomes obsessed with death and death imagery even more than the average SkullCrusher, and tends to get intensely philosophical about death, as well as collecting and decorating oneself in death imagery. Going against opponents like Undead, the Necriant gets a +1 to strike, parry, and roll, as they are unfazed by dealing with such Unlife.
84-89 Kleptomaniac/Collector---The Necriant becomes obsessed with collecting weapons and hardware, from fallen foes, battlefields, or even snuck off allies. A Necriant with this obsession and an open credit line is a dangerous thing. Has Recognize Weapon/Equipment Quality at +15%
90-00 Manic-Depressive---Up one week, down the next. In the manic phase(+1 Perception and Initiative, +10% to all skill rolls), the Necriant is likely to prefer engaging in close combat, while in the depressive(-3 Initiative, -1 on all combat moves, and -10% to all skill rolls), sulking phase of this disorder they’re more likely to be in ‘fire all the missiles and forget about it’.

Special Equipment:
Necriants can pick up and use oversized Robot-scale weaponry. While Necriants CANNOT wear cyborg armor, a few have managed to have applique armor or scavenged megadamage monster hides made into oversized cloaks custom-fitted for them....typically these adhoc creations give an extra 100-200 MDC of additional protection.
The following are a few examples of special weapons that have been made with the Necriants in mind:

*ES-SC-NGC-01 Grav-Cannon---This is essentially a tank-scale G-Cannon configured into a giant rifle pod
Weight: 1 ton
MDC: 200
Range: 8,000 ft in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 1.3 miles in atmosphere, 130 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per 40 rd burst. Can only fire bursts
Payload: 20,000 rounds(500 bursts)
Note: Can be fitted a giant 7 ft long vibrobayonet that does 5d6 MD plus P.S. damage on a jab

*ES-SC-NGC-02 80mm Grav-Howitzer----Similar in concept to the NGC-02, but meant for firing slower explosive ordnance. It can also be propped on the ground in a gravity well and used as indirect artillery.
Weight: 2.9 tons
MDC: 280
Range: (Direct Fire)25,000 ft (6 miles)in atmosphere, 12 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 6 miles in atmosphere, 600 miles in space)
(Indirect Fire) 62,500 ft (14.5 miles). Range in microgravity can be 2-10 times as great, depending on local conditions.
Damage: High Explosive(HE)----1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)---- 3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
Plasma----- 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 3d6x10 MD out to 6,600 ft, 2d4x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: 5 shots per melee
Payload: 50 rd drum
80mm AP shell weighs 12 lbs( 166 shots per ton)
Note: Can be fitted a giant 7 ft long vibrobayonet that does 5d6 MD plus P.S. damage on a jab

*ES-SC-NRG-01---A heavy gatling-gun style rail gun assembly with short range but massive spray capability
Weight: 1.6 tons
MDC: 280
Range: 5,000 ft in atmosphere, 2 miles in space
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per 40 rd burst, or can do 1d6x10 MD to a 25 ft wide swath at HALF range.
Payload: 20,000 rounds(500 bursts)
Note: CANNOT be fitted with a bayonet

*ES-SC-VB-01---Giant scale(15 ft long) vibro-blade
Weight: .6 tons
MDC: 180
Damage: 6d6 MD + P.S. damage

*ES-SC-VH-01 VibroHammer---A giant vibromace/hammer with rocket thruster augmentation to increase the velocity of impact. It takes extra skill to swing the giant 4 ton sledge, but it’s a favorite with SkullCrushers who like the sheer simple brute force of the ‘Cracker’.
Weight: 4 tons
MDC: 320
Damage: 5d6 MD unpowered strike, + P.S. damage, or 4d4x10 MD powered strike(-1 to strike due to the added momentum from the thrusters fighting control).

The SkullCrushers are particularly fond of taking weapons off fallen foes. The following are the most sought-after giant-scale weapons:
*Nar-Axe---Giant energy axe from the Naruni Death-Knight Assault Robot(160 MDC, 2d6 MD unenergized strike, 2d6x10 MD energized).

*Nar-Plas-Scythe---Taken from the Naruni NE-R2000 Reaper Assault Robot(200 MDC, 3d6 MD solid spike, 5d6 MD energy blade, 4d6 MD energy bolt w/ 1,200 ft range).

*Kree-Blade---Giant axe or sword from the TransGalactic Empire’s Imperator Assault Robot. The massive weapon (300 MDC, 3d6 MD unenergized strike, 2d4x10 MD energized, 2d4x10 MD particle beam blast, 1,200 ft range) is necessarily a two-handed weapon for Necriant. The Kree-Blade is particularly valued in part due to its rarity; the SSN has thus far had few contacts with the TGE.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:eek: :shock:
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Eek?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote::eek: :shock:
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Eek?

Yeah...made the mistake of watching 'Transformers' and had to do a big honkin' sentient robot with personal issues. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote::eek: :shock:
Ummmmmmmmmm.
Eek?

Yeah...made the mistake of watching 'Transformers' and had to do a big honkin' sentient robot with personal issues. :D

At least it isn't a geriatric with auzie accent and a cane :nh: :frust:
*burns copies of Transformers2*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"So they're basically big psychotic android chicks with tactical nuclear weaponry?"
"They're big psychotic android chicks with tactical nuclear weaponry on OUR side. "
"CAPTAIN! Sergeant Lorenz sez one of those big robot girls has taken the Death Herald gatling cannon off his weapons carrier and won't give it back."
"Go. Go smooth over relations between us and the big psychotic android chicks with tactical nuclear weaponry that are our allies."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”