Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kronos
Hero

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote: Plus the latest Northern Gun book has given me a new grabbag of spare parts for the EShemar to cannibalize and knock off. :twisted:

Sadly; as in previous rants in other threads have said; in Toronto we have one, count it, ONE store in all of a city of a million+ that even deigns to carry PBooks merchandise...and they get it in "when we get it in...maybe..."
So yeah; no NG1 for me yet. :nh:

Talking about Hairy T?
Sometimes Comic Warehouse up in Brampton at Steeles & Dixie gets the new ones in, or did. I haven't been in there in awhile.

When Palladium was at Anime North I picked up new books and haven't had a chance to get any more yet.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*hijacking thread for one more post*
I don't drive; never had never will and it's kinda silly for me to spend $5 to $10 (whatever the cost is to get UP to Brampton using non-TTC transit) on-top of my metropass to go out of the Toronto core. :frust:
Sadly, the Silver Snail ditched out nearly a decade ago, and 401 games about 4 years ago. Yeah, the Hairy Tarantula is the only place in Toronto "proper" that carries the books...I put in a special order with 'em about 2 months ago for the 8.5X11 2nd. Ed. Macross sourcebook... NOTHING; and the slack-jawed yabbos they employ behind the counter now just drool at me when I ask "well; did you even put IN the order?"
Answer; their SUPPLIERS are starting to not carry PBooks materials.
Yeah.
THAT is how bad PB's reputation among the hobby-store SUPPLIERS is now; which is sad.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:*hijacking thread for one more post*
I don't drive; never had never will and it's kinda silly for me to spend $5 to $10 (whatever the cost is to get UP to Brampton using non-TTC transit) on-top of my metropass to go out of the Toronto core. :frust:
Sadly, the Silver Snail ditched out nearly a decade ago, and 401 games about 4 years ago. Yeah, the Hairy Tarantula is the only place in Toronto "proper" that carries the books...I put in a special order with 'em about 2 months ago for the 8.5X11 2nd. Ed. Macross sourcebook... NOTHING; and the slack-jawed yabbos they employ behind the counter now just drool at me when I ask "well; did you even put IN the order?"
Answer; their SUPPLIERS are starting to not carry PBooks materials.
Yeah.
THAT is how bad PB's reputation among the hobby-store SUPPLIERS is now; which is sad.

I haven't been in Hairy T in a couple of years as every time I'm in the area I'm too busy, and the last couple of years just haven't had the money at the right time.
The staff USED to be quite good. I managed to get a mint condition book in their used book section. Instead of paying 20+ bucks, I scored it for like 5 and tax.
Brampton Transit is 3.25 or 3.50.. mississauga is 3.25. If you have a Presto card you save a bit that way. However TTC are being jerks and not working with Presto. I've only seen like half a dozen subway stations with Presto access.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

(Decided that, if Paladin Steel weren’t in an EShemar worldline to rip off/copy, and Splugorth hardware were in short supply, the EShemar might well look to exploit Northern Gun as a source of Warmount spare parts and small arms.)

EcoS-K-54 StingTongue War Mount
(aka ‘frankensteed’, ‘Sneezer’, ‘Snuffer’)

“Having had my life saved from Splugorth slavers by these things while I was on my way to the Georgia territories, I can honestly say that they DO exist. Seeing that familiar profile, though, I was conflicted between being proud that our gear was being used by others, and being angry enough to threaten to sue for design infringement. Fortunately I decided to shut up and just nod appreciably to the scary giant warrior-women who’d just slaughtered an entire party of Slavers right in front of us.
I got some advice for Carmichael in Public Relations; see if you can’t somehow spin this incident into some good press for us. I dunno, like maybe emphasize that our stuff’s so good that even the mysterious Shemarrians are using it? Or don’t even mention the d-bees at all, and just claim that bigger and better Northern Gun products are proven to trounce the Splugorth threat? Nothing, though, to alienate the Shemarrians; they might be watching our ad spots, and they know at least one of our trade routes.”
----Enzo Litcomb, Northern Gun Sales Rep, on an encounter with Horrorwoods Sting Tongues.

The ‘Sting Tongue’ is a rare Warmount among the Ecotroz Shemar, as their creation-style harkens back to the ‘frankensteed’ era of early improvised Warmounts. The Sting Tongue is clearly a modified Northern Gun NG-V47 Gunbot, a popular and fairly readily available robot vehicle in North America, so much so that the EShemar have decided the design is worth their attention. Enough examples have gone missing or destroyed in various corners of the North American wilderness that the EShemar have been able to acquire enough examples(or pieces of them) to start assembling, and modifying, their own as Warmounts. These ‘frankensteeds’ have been pressed into service to make up for the slow availability or attrition of other Warmount types.
Only a relative handful of these Warmounts have appeared, concentrated mainly in the Horrorwoods Tribe. Each one is slightly different in configuration, but all share the same general improvements. The Sting Tongue is very much obviously a GunBot, making ‘feral’ versions an impossibility, but the design has clearly undergone a ‘Shemarrianization’. First off, the NG-V47 has now been skinned in a techno-organic sheathing that smoothes away the rough angles and adds some extra protection, though the new skin primarily acts as a scaffolding for a nanite regeneration system and a thermal-mimetic stealth system. The forward gunner’s cockpit has been built up and bulges up and forward, resembling an insect head with panoramic eyes. A second set of smaller cyberoptics and sensor clusters have been mounted low on the sides of the ‘nose’ , allowing for better perception in the original ‘bot’s blind spots. The driver’s cockpit has been cut back and open into a saddle, with a high back and erectable weather/camouflage cowl, offering seating for a single Shemarrian. A small mouth flanked by two small, but sharp, mandibles, now graces the underside of the torso, at the base of the gun-nose. Two longer articulated spike-limbs sprout from the dorsal side of the gun-nose, and are used for close-in melee fighting, spearing prey, and assisting the Warmount in climbing and scrambling over rough terrain. The rear shields have been expanded in size to rigid insect wing-carapace-like wings. These provide extra protection to the Warmount and the rider, but also help focus the thrust of the jumpjets, allowing for greater control and leaping distance. A long articulated tail has been added, apparently scavenged from another Northern Gun product, the NG-EX-V50 Scorpion Battler robot vehicle, but instead of ending in a gun pod, the tail ends in a sharp spade-like appendage. The tail helps stabilize the Sting Tongue in leaping, aides in climbing, and can be used as a melee weapon.
Weaponry follows the original Gunbot’s configuration; most Sting Tongues retain the NG-1010 heavy rail gun and underslung ion cannon, but where such weapons were not available, individual Tinkers have substituted other heavy weapons, such as Boomguns or even heavy CS autocannon. The side-mount missile launchers have also been retained, but many riders have made the mounting points modular, allowing the large mini-missile launchers to be swapped out for smaller, but more common, Shemarrian six-shot missile packs or energy weapons more readily available to Shemarrian Warmounts. The grenade-cannon has also seen a variety of different substitutions, mainly with other 40mm-format weapons(or, when available, the PS-made PSAGL-40B 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher or even the PS-M-82D 81mm Mortar Cannon), CS-style mini-missile launcher rifle, or, for riders wanting less dependence on ammunition supplies, another Warmount modular energy weapon.
Sting Tongues are typically used as ambush predators, lying concealed behind/under cover, awaiting their prey to come within range of their heavy weapons before sniping them to pieces, before breaking cover to retreat(often to a new ambush position) or to close in and finish the target off. Horrorwoods Sting Tongues have, for their small numbers, racked up an impressive number of kills on Splugorth and Horune raiding parties in this manner. They are also frequently used to establish antiaircraft traps, hiding themselves in known/plotted flight paths of fliers and firing on them as they come overhead.
Only a few dozen Sting Tongues are KNOWN to exist among the Tribes of Rifts Earth, and it is believed that these are all made from salvaged Gunbots, rather than built wholly new from the Assembly Forges. It is not known whether the EShemar mean to eventually produce their own, or continue to assemble new Sting Tongues from NG-produced frames, but the Tribes almost certainly have created Templates for the Forges that COULD manufacture wholly fresh War Mounts. Reports of Warmounts resembling the Sting Tongue have appeared in the Shemarrian Star Nation, though whether these are new construction or acquired from Rifts Earth remains unknown. Despite their scant numbers, however, and the adhoc manner in which they are equipped, Sting Tongues are generally well-regarded as Warmounts among the Tribes.

Changes/Modifications:
Type: EcoS-K-54 Sting Tongue
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot; any passengers would have to sit in the rider’s lap.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400
Head(takes the place of the gunner’s cockpit) 120
*Saddle Cowl(takes the place of the pilot’s cockpit) 120
Gun Nose---Upper Barrel 170
Lower Barrel 150
Upper Claw Arms(2) 55 each
Lower Mandibles(2) 30 each
Wing-Shields(2) 120 each
Legs(2) 280 each
Tail 230

-All other locations unchanged

*The saddle back and folding cowl offer partial cover to the rider, and attempts to target the rider are at -6 to strike.

Height: 18 ft, 10 inches(some individual units sport an erectable sensor/antennae crest that adds 3 ft to height when raised).
Width: 18 ft wingspan with wings fully opened up.
Length: 54 ft with added tail(+36 ft)
Weight: 13 tons, 16.2 tons fully loaded
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 75-105 MPH(Unchanged)
(Leaping) Powered leaps can now propel the War Mount 70 ft up, and 150 ft across, double that with a running start.
(Flying) Not possible; at best the Sting Tongue can attain a sustained hover for 1d6x0 seconds at the apex of a leap.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) (Unchanged)
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Sting Tongues have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Thermal-Mimetic Camouflage---Mimetic camouflage system copied from the Naruni Nomad Scout Robot(changes pattern in 1d4 melees, makes the robot -20% on Detect Ambush/Concealment rolls, and masks both IR and thermal emissions).

*MAD Probe---Hidden in the nose housing is a a magnetometer/ magnetic anomaly detector(MAD) and a short-range microwave radar for groundsearching minefields(in theory, the ground radar sound be able to detect even non-metallic mines, but takes twice as long).
Range: The magnetometer has a range of 4,000 ft and can detect vehicles and other metallic structures with 80% accuracy. Active EM sources such as charged-up rail guns and the magnetic containment systems of active fusion nuclear power systems can be detected at x3 that range.
The ground radar has a range of 3,000 ft, and has a 90% chance of detecting metal-cased mines, 60% chance of detecting non-metallic ordnance.

Weapons Systems:
1)Main Gun(s)---Most Sting Tongues retain the over-and-under combo of heavy rail gun and ion cannon. The ion cannon, however, is modified with a dual ‘spray mode’ that allows it to inflict 6d6 MD over a 15 ft wide area, but reduce the range to 900 ft.
Alternatively, the main cannon has been seen replaced in other Sting Tongues with the following:

a)RG-14 Boomgun, obviously taken off a Glitterboy.
Range: 11,000 ft
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per shot
Sonic shock effects remain unchanged.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 180 rd drum

b) Heavy Laser Cannon--Apparently scavenged from a Coalition States IAR- Skull Smasher robot.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

c) C-144 Autocannon---Another prize from a Coalition robot; in this case an IAR-2 Abolisher. The rider of this particular ‘mount, however, is reportedly having trouble acquiring supplies of ammunition.
Range: 6,000 ft, 10,000 ft maximum, but -2 to strike targets at over 6,000-7,000 ft, and -4 to strike beyond that.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per shell, 15 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Twice per melee round
Payload: 40 rounds

d) Heavy Plasma Cannon----This variant has earned the name ‘Fire Tongue’.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EPCHH

e) ‘Goddess Hammer’ Gatling Cannon--- One of the few sightings of the Sting Tongue in the Three Galaxies reportedly mounted this in place of the heavy rail gun; the specific Warmount’s Tribal affiliation could not be identified. This weapon consists of six rail gun barrels(adapted from the Shemarrian ‘carbine’) in a gatling arrangement, set for rapid-fire, trading range for sheer volume of fire. At full auto, the damage spread of this weapon is devastating and has been known to shred robot vehicles and smash down fortifications in a single melee! The devastation the ‘Goddess Hammer’ can dish out is matched only by the thundering racket it makes spitting out rounds. Supposedly, after seeing this weapon in action, the reformed SkullCrushers immediately petitioned the Wolf’s Path for its schematics as part of the post-SCW Reconciliation between the Tribes. The Wolf’s Path held off the petition for over a decade, leery of handing such a weapon to the trigger-happy SkullCrushers, even reformed ones.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per round, 4d6x10 MD for a three shot burst, 8d6MDx10 for a six shot burst(!)
Payload: 820 shot drum

2) Modular Flank Hardpoints(2)----The large mini-missile launchers have been retained, but have been modified to be compatible with Monstrex-style modular weapons pods. simplifying Tribe logistics.

3) Grenade Cannon---This is frequently substituted with a longer-ranged 40mm AGL(5,000 ft range), CS-style mini-missile rifle(with coaxial light laser), recoilless rifle, or another Monstrex-style modular weapons pod.

4) Claw Spikes(2)---These are taken from the Monstrex’s articulated spines, and each has a 12 ft reach. They can stab for 1d6 MD each.

5) Mandibles/Bite----The Sting Tongue’s new mouth is small and not intended for combat; it is mainly intended to mulch and take in raw material to feed its nanite regenerative system. For those unlucky enough to be get close enough to be speared by its mandibles and shredder teeth, it can still inflict a nasty 1d4 MD.

6) Tail----The long(36 ft) articulated tail can swat/punch for 4d6 MD, and the vibroblade spade at the end can stab for 4d6+1 MD.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Programming is identical to that of the Monst-Crane.
Typically has, in addition to its regular programming, the following:
Camouflage 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Sting Tongue intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Automatic Dodge +4
Strike +5 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry(w/ wings, nose, or tail) +2
Pull Punch +2
Roll +2
Critical Strike on Natural 19-20
Spine Stab 1d6 MD
Bite 1d4 MD
Tail Lash 4d6 MD
Tail Stab 4d6+1 MD
Swat w/ Nose 2d4 MD
Kick 2d8+4 MD
Leap Kick(2 APMs) 4d8+8 MD
Power Leap Kick(with Boosters)(3 APMs) 1d4x10+12 MD
Trample 2d4 MD(targets of 6 ft tall or smaller)
Leaping Stomp(3 APMs) 1d4x10+12 MD and -2 to strike
Body Block/Ram 2d6 MD, plus 566% chance of knocking down targets of equal size or smaller, +1d6 MD at maximum running speed, and +1d6% to knockdown chance. Victims lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up.

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Sting Tongue an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Sting Tongue has an observed personality similar to a well-trained bird or stalking predator; patient and observant, especially when waiting in ambush, but decidedly twitchy and quick to jump in combat. The Sting Tongue ‘speaks’ with a combination of chirps, tweets, whistles, and grunts.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-48 Quetzal Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘Skywyrm’, ‘Rainbow Warrior’, ‘Spectral Serpent’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img364_zpsab850b54.jpg

As the great winged serpent, its scales practically glowing in the sunlight, reflecting the azure sky and the green jungle around it, descended into the village, cheers rose to greet it and its comrades. The EShemar rider clapped a hand on the shoulder of the passenger seated ahead of her, amidst the ruff of plumage, now drawn back and opened up, behind the great serpent’s golden head.
“T’is truly a joyous occasion to return home victorious, no matter how minor the victory, no? And such a beautiful day for it, you agree, no?”
The Sapphire Cobra Berserker’s captive could only grunt and glare as she tried to spit the gag out of her mouth and struggle out of her bonds. It was no joyous occasion to HER to have had her raider party ambushed by the very people THEY were supposed to be rudely surprising. Having a dozen giant flying snakes topped by shrieking sword- and spear-swinging maniacs dropping on top of her command and wiping them out in short order, sending them fleeing into the wilderness or taken prisoner was an AWFUL thing to happen, and hardly MINOR to her! And to make matters worse, to be taken alive, stripped, bound wrist and ankle, and tied across the front of this snake-loving harridan’s saddle atop her flying monstrosity, to be paraded and displayed before the alien tribesmen like a trophy catch! No, she was having a simply HIDEOUS day, no thank you!
“Tonight we celebrate! You will, of course, be participating in our festivities! Guest of honor placing, even!”
The captive’s eyes nearly bugged out, mouth suddenly dry behind the gag, ice sinking in her belly, skin already beading with fear-sweat. She’d heard rumors about how the snake-worshippers CELEBRATED....
Suddenly, being ripped to pieces or burned to ashes by a giant flying serpent didn’t seem so bad a fate after all...

The Quetzal Feathered Serpent Warmount is a Sapphire Cobra aerial Warmount that came about from dealings between the Sapphire Cobra and Horrorwoods Tribes. Eager to expand their arsenal, particularly with regards to aerial combat coverage, the Sapphire Cobras had received offers of template data from the Hawkmoons for various variants on the BattleHawk, but it was the Horrorwoods’ Shredwing that held the most appeal for the Cobras. With the assistance of Horrorwoods Tinkers, the Sapphire Cobras modified the basic design to something that fit closer to the Sapphire Cobra vision. What has emerged is arguably a Sapphire Cobra ‘super-Warmount’, similar in concept to the Skullcrushers’ Draxos and the Hawkmoons’ Cyroc.
The resulting Quetzal is slightly longer and heavier than the Shredwing, but arguably just as maneuverable, more heavily armored, and more heavily armed. True to its name inspiration, the Quetzal is an enormous winged serpent plated in iridescent scales. Multiple thrusters and low-powered antigravity systems loft the Warmount and endow it with amazing aerial agility, assisted by the many precise-control airfoil wings and controlled airflow over the many individual scales. The Quetzal exhibits an almost hypnotic grace dodging, weaving, and flowing across the sky, adroitly maneuvering between obstacles and avoiding enemy fire.
The thick ruff of synthetic feathers and fan-plates around the head and neck provide partial cover for the rider and passengers, and can be raised or lowered for their visibility(or line of fire). Another ruff or crest behind the saddle serves to provide cover from behind. Multiple active and passive countermeasure systems provide additional protection to the Warmount and its riders.
The Quetzal packs an amazing amount of weaponry in its frame; from the head lasers, to the claw-mounted light guns, nanite injectors, and wing-blades, to the multiple weapons stations, the Quetzal comes equipped to handle just about any role from ground attack to air intercept.
The Quetzal is also one of the few Warmounts that comes standard with faux-magic abilities. Ironically, a common Upgrade is often fitting with Technowizardry PPE generators and real spell abilities, acquired from the Wayfinders. It is also something of a psionic powerhouse, having a range of innate psionic sensitive powers, making it an ideal overwatch and heavy scout Warmount.
The Quetzal is used primarily by the Sapphire Cobras(where it is becoming quite popular), though a handful of examples appear in the ranks of the Hawkmoons, Silvermoons, and Horrorwoods. Though favored as a high-status steed for Warchiefs and Elites, the Quetzal is assigned in more egalitarian fashion among the Sapphire Cobras to rising stars and exceptional individuals, even if they have not Upgraded to the eladership and Elite castes.

Type: EcoS-K-48 Quetzal
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence(Awakened)
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 470
Head 190
*Saddle-Ruff 100
Wings(11) 100 each
ForeClaws(2) 95 each

*The Saddle-Ruff counts as partial cover to the rider and passengers; Armor Rating 11.

Height: 12 ft (wings can raise up to 36 ft)
Width: 36 ft wingspan
Length: 65 ft
Weight: 12,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Speed: (Running) Crawls at 15 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 550 MPH, maximum altitude of 35,000 ft
(Space) CAN fly in space at roughly Mach 2
(Underwater) The Quetzal CAN swim at 25 MPH, maximum depth of 1,000 ft.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Quetzal have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Folding Wings---The Quetzal’s wings fold for easy concealment in forest hangars and bunkers, and for dive maneuvers.

*Laser Resistant Armor---The Quetzal’s iridescent scales aren’t as effective as mirror-chrome in deflecting lasers, but they still manage to reduce laser damage by 1/3. Note that some Quetzals upgrade to FULL laser-resistant chroming( lasers do HALF damage).

*Radar Jammer ---5 mile range. Jams radars and radar targeting systems with 60% effectiveness. Radar-guided weapons are -6 to strike. Note that this affects friendly systems as well unless they are set to specific, per-arranged, non-jammed frequencies(that it may be possible for the enemy to discover).

Weapons Systems:
1) Eyeball Lasers(2) ---Standard robotic eyeball lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) Weapons Modules(2-6)----The Quetzal can mount up to four modular weapons, similar to those available to the Monstrex. Up to four can be mounted around the head, with an additional two hardpoints on the midpoint tail node(the tail can fire these backwards or curl forwards to fire forwards).
In the alternative, the four head hardpoints can each mount a three shot SRM pod, or a single medium range missile. Or two can be sacrificed for a single 19-shot aviation mini-missile pod.

3) Claw-Guns(2)---The foreclaws can each be fitted with a light weapon:
a)Pulse Laser---Modified versions of the She-LPP80 Laser Pulse Rifle
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per pulse-burst

b) Ion Blaster
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast

c) Plasma Cannon---Modified versions of the She-PLR25 Plasma Rifle
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast

d) Particle Beam Cannon---Modified versions of the She-PB20 Particle Beam Rifle:

4) ’Serpent’s Kiss’ Nanite Attack---The Quetzal can deliver either an armor-piercing fang bite which injects material-destroying nanites, or it can spit a stream of nanomachines. These nanites can be set to devour only metal(or other specific materials) or can be preprogrammed to be more indiscriminate and destroy whatever they land on, depending on the situation.
Range: Melee or Spit 100 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD damage per melee, for 1d4 minutes.
If delivered in a ranged spitting attack, the nanites do slightly less damage, doing only 4d4 MD for 1d4 minutes
Payload: 50 doses of nanites can be stored inside the Quetzal, before it needs recharging.

5) Chemical Sprayer----The Quetzal’s long body conceals multiple chemical sprayer outlets. These are used to generate smoke clouds or to lay down swathes of incapacitating inhalant and skin absorption gases.
Range: (Spray) 200 ft, and covers a 25 ft wide area.
Damage: Varies by chemical agent.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: Carries enough chemical agent for 20 aerial sprayings.

6) Wing Blades---Concealed among the flaps and pinions of the wings are a set of wing blades that can be used to deliver a flying slash.
Range: Melee
Damage: 1d6 MD glancing blow, 3d6 MD +1 for every 20 MPH of speed from a full strength slicing attack(+30 MD at maximum speed).

7) Foot Claws---Like the Monst-Crane’s, the Quetzal’s feet are fully equipped with long curved claws that can deliver a flying kick or landing stab.
Damage: 3d6 MD

8 ) Laser Aerosol Mister----A separate sprayer system is used to dispense an anti-laser aerosol as a foggy mist. This is typically sprayed over an enemy as the Quetzal flies by overhead, the fog settling over the enemy and hampering the effectiveness of laser weapons.
Range: 100 ft; covers a 50 ft radius
Damage: None, but lasers fired through the cloud do HALF damage, and laser targeting/ranging systems’ bonuses are negated. Depending on local wind conditions, the cloud can persist up to four melees(1 minute) before dispersing
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 50 uses before needing reloading.

9) (False Magic)---Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems(see Rifter #53, Damon Sutton, pgs 40-43), The Quetzal adds to its already impressive capabilities with an array of ‘faux magic’ effects. Additional ‘spells’ may be added later as Rite of Upgrade awards.
---Multiple Image---The Quetzal can use a holographic laser system to produce several moving images of itself(up to 4, at a distance of 80 ft) in the so-called ‘roil of serpents’. This system only works if the Quetzal has time to spray a mist ‘screen’ around itself, or under conditions of fog/smog/smoke.

----Thunderclap---Actually an artificially generated sonic attack or bellowing roar; similar to a Boomgun’s sonic blast, everyone within a 100 ft radius of the Quetzal’s head, without hearing protection, will be deafened for 2d4 minutes; -8 to initiative and -3 to parry and dodge. Those in light EBA will only be deafened for 1d4 minutes. Can be performed once per melee.

----Wind Rush---Actually jetstream from its concealed thrusters, directed by the wings; small objects are blown away 20-120 ft, people must roll under their P.P. to avoid being knocked over and bowled away(lose initiative and one APM getting back up, and possibly 1d8 melees gathering up loose items). Range 150 ft, 25 ft wide area.

----Energy Field---Actually a forcefield, based on copied Naruni technology; 180 MDC

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the same programming as for the Monst-rex and Monst-crane, plus the following:
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience)(for maneuvering purposes).
50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Quetzal intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Automatic Dodge +5, +6 in flight
Roll +3
Parry +2
Pull Punch/Strike +2
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20
Bite 3d6 MD
Power Bite(2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Claw Slash 3d6 MD
Power Talon Strike(2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Wing Slash 2d6 MD
Body Slam/Whip(2 attacks) 5d6 MD, plus 50% chance of knocking targets over(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up).
Tail Whip 3d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Quetzal an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Quetzal comes across as quite intelligent for an animal, takes direction well, and possesses an animal cunning and strong instinct for hunting. The creatures are also incredibly graceful, twining in sinuous curves and coiling/uncoiling when not streaming across the sky. Quetzals are also said to possess a teasing sense of play, akin to otters. The Quetzal has a high animal intelligence, roughly equal to a dolphin or elephant(I.Q. of 12).
In addition to other Ecotroz characteristics, the Quetzal has the following psionics, at NO ISP cost, all equivalent to 5th level with regards to range and proficiency:
*Presence Sense
*Sixth Sense/Danger Sense
*Sense Magic
*Sixth Sense
*See Aura

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:EcoS-K-48 Quetzal Aerial Warmount

YES! Something like this has been long awaited for the Cobras!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Art should be up by Tuesday. :bandit:

Now to get cracking on something(s) for the Ghost Riders. They've been rather under-represented in the Warmounts department.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Now to get cracking on something(s) for the Ghost Riders. They've been rather under-represented in the Warmounts department.

They've been under-represented in general. Although I did give them a new elite awhile ago.. and I need to get working on the other elite (I think it's more Nightmare tribe than any other).

Hmm.. maybe I should come up with some Ghost Rider equipment..
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

They've been under-represented in general. Although I did give them a new elite awhile ago.. and I need to get working on the other elite (I think it's more Nightmare tribe than any other).

Did my bit with presenting a few "named" individuals / war-band for the Ghosts... I just haven't felt any mojo for creating toys for the girls *shrug*
Mayhap someone could play around with a "Wild-Weasel" Monstrex?
Just a thought. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Did my bit with presenting a few "named" individuals / war-band for the Ghosts... I just haven't felt any mojo for creating toys for the girls *shrug*

In a way... I almost see the Ghost Rider's using less animal based warmounts.. or maybe.. far more robotic looking.. like.. I want to say something kind of like the dino-bots or beast wars before the techno-organic stuff kicked in.. or something. Hmm..
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:\

Just a thought. :D[/quote]

Well, aftere reading through NG1, I've toyed with the idea of the Ghost Riders collecting various big robots from Triax, Northern Gun, the CS, and a few from other sources, modifying them, giving them AIs and personalities, and building a 'Heavy Reserve' somewhere in the NYC area.

Also got to work on a few big atmo-transports for the Hawkmoons...things ideal for transporting raiding and exploration parties of (E)Shemarrians around the world. Figure the Darkwaters(and later the Horrorwoods) handle marine transport, while the Hawkmoons handle aerial transport.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:\

Well, aftere reading through NG1, I've toyed with the idea of the Ghost Riders collecting various big robots from Triax, Northern Gun, the CS, and a few from other sources, modifying them, giving them AIs and personalities, and building a 'Heavy Reserve' somewhere in the NYC area.

Also got to work on a few big atmo-transports for the Hawkmoons...things ideal for transporting raiding and exploration parties of (E)Shemarrians around the world. Figure the Darkwaters(and later the Horrorwoods) handle marine transport, while the Hawkmoons handle aerial transport.[/quote]
:ok: X twenty!

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

BTW; saved out the 'Quetzel' to my archive. 57 pages and counting at 10pt. font size. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Currently I have the 'Blackbird' as a dedicated Ghostrider Warmount, but I'll see if there are any other good giant flying monsters to draw inspiration from....Right off the top of my head, the Zavor(giant flying zombies) looks like a good bet.. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-YOINK!-

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:

-YOINK!-

"We're either being attacked by those crazy Shemarrian snake-women....or we're about to be molested by a rogue Mardi Gras float."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

-YOINK!-

"We're either being attacked by those crazy Shemarrian snake-women....or we're about to be molested by a rogue Mardi Gras float."

With the Sapphire Cobras, I wouldn't put it past to be both XP
taalismn
Priest

Sapphire Cobra: "We're going to parade you past the Tribe, cover you in beads, get you sideways drunk, then afterwards the FUN begins." :D
Captive Renegade Amazon: "...nermpf!!!!" :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*BUMP*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Been recovering from a vicious cold(we meat-bodies are SO susceptible to viruses). Fortunately I've had good company in recovery; James Turner's -Rex Librus- (volume one)...which tells the tale of the Head Librarian(and thousand-year-plus-old last survivor of the Library of Alexandria) of the Middleton Library, a repository of knowledge open to all on a powerful leyline nexus. Besides helping little old ladies navigate the labyrinthine stacks, Rex Librus recovers and acquires valuable texts from across time/space(Shangri-La is worth the trip for the book sale), he's responsible for going after overdue library books(he once tried to recover one from teh Red Baron, but failed on account that 1) he didn't speak German, and 2) he learned you cannot fly an RFC biplane simply by reading the manual). Oh, and his boss is Thoth. THE Toth(now bemoaning that the Monotheism franchise has locked him out of being worshipped again). It's straight-edged cubistic art, smart, quirky humor that often slides off into tangents, and tosses off one-liners and zingers like sparks off a musket flint(before the big boom). Too bad the series only ran for three years, but the collections are library gold if you like the idea of mash-ups(like Indiana-Jones-Meets-Doctor-Who-Meets-The Incredibles-and-Unshelved).
One could easily see the Middleton Library having a back door to Unseen University's Library or the Lazlo Library. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Wayfinders in the stacks or over by the copying machine, xeroxing the pages from some ancient tome.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Been recovering from a vicious cold(we meat-bodies are SO susceptible to viruses). Fortunately I've had good company in recovery; James Turner's -Rex Librus- (volume one)...which tells the tale of the Head Librarian(and thousand-year-plus-old last survivor of the Library of Alexandria) of the Middleton Library, a repository of knowledge open to all on a powerful leyline nexus. Besides helping little old ladies navigate the labyrinthine stacks, Rex Librus recovers and acquires valuable texts from across time/space(Shangri-La is worth the trip for the book sale), he's responsible for going after overdue library books(he once tried to recover one from teh Red Baron, but failed on account that 1) he didn't speak German, and 2) he learned you cannot fly an RFC biplane simply by reading the manual). Oh, and his boss is Thoth. THE Toth(now bemoaning that the Monotheism franchise has locked him out of being worshipped again). It's straight-edged cubistic art, smart, quirky humor that often slides off into tangents, and tosses off one-liners and zingers like sparks off a musket flint(before the big boom). Too bad the series only ran for three years, but the collections are library gold if you like the idea of mash-ups(like Indiana-Jones-Meets-Doctor-Who-Meets-The Incredibles-and-Unshelved).
One could easily see the Middleton Library having a back door to Unseen University's Library or the Lazlo Library. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Wayfinders in the stacks or over by the copying machine, xeroxing the pages from some ancient tome.

Meanwhile the Bloodrider & Darkwaters would be over "boozing" it up over at the Broken-Fist Merc. bar & saloon; based on Spider Robinson's Calahan's Cross-time Saloon, where stepping into the washroom is an adventure on its own ;) .

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

My colds these days...1-3 nights of fever hallucinations...I even woke up one night thinking I WAS a cyborg, and wondering why the hell I had stomach cramps.
On top of which, my voice now sounds like I'm gargling gravel...and I'm attracting nuts, my first day back at work. Even got some woman offended because I used the word 'decrepit' to describe the way I sounded...Mind you, she wasn't offended that I described MYSELF, but that I would use such a horrible word to HER. Cue awkward librarian-tongue-waggling as I tried to explain that it was a fine old word. She know has my name. And names have power. I'm beginning to wonder if the aversion of many primitive peoples to letting others know their true names ISN'T proof positive of some earlier super-civilization that had its equivalent of the internet and collapsed under rumor-mongering, flaming libel, and identity theft.
*Sigh* :roll:
If I ever find out who's doing this to me(and it CAN'T be a coincidence), my next hallcination nightmare, I'm going to try to see if I can't do some lucide dreaming and lead a (E)Shemarrian war party (I haven't decided which Tribe(s)) to do some razing of my own.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:If I ever find out who's doing this to me(and it CAN'T be a coincidence), my next hallcination nightmare, I'm going to try to see if I can't do some lucide dreaming and lead a (E)Shemarrian war party (I haven't decided which Tribe(s)) to do some razing of my own.

Talk to Hope and Nerys; they both have repressed agressions & stress to take out on some hapless mooks. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[
Talk to Hope and Nerys; they both have repressed agressions & stress to take out on some hapless mooks. :demon:

"Hello, General Dismal.No, don't bother getting out of the tub; we really don't need to see ALL of you. And you may be wondering what the hell Shemarrians are doing in your personal bathroom, 35,000 light years from the nearest known incursion of Shemarrian space. The answer is simple: we are here to beat the (scatological reference) out of you. Why? Because we think you're a total (gross anatomical refererence) richly deserving of a beating. Why here? Because it's where you'd least expect it, and frankly we're feeling in a particulary nasty humor right about now. So, you might want to grab that floating drink holder, because you'll be wanting to use it as a neck float so you don't drown..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-49 Thunderbeetle Warmount
(aka ‘Ragepede’, ‘Ragnarok Bug’, ‘Chariot-bug’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img370_zpsced3afee.jpg

“If you can see the glint off their multiple eyes, it’s already too late for you. Make your peace with whatever gods you hold dear.”

“The sound...the sound of all those legs scrabbling on hard concrete or metal debris, it’s maddening, worse than fingers on slateboard or automatic metal shears. Hearing just one of those things roaming about looking for you can drive you twitchy. The sound of a whole PACK of the damn things at the charge can induce madness even in hardened men.”

Although both ‘feral’ and ‘cyborg’ Fury Beetles were seen in EShemar encampments and ranks during the Shemarrian Civil War, these were by and large captured and turned examples acquired from ARCHIE-3’s legions, rather than new construction by the rebels. The type didn’t catch on as a Warmount with the Eshemar as much as other types, and independent production of new ones assumed a low priority. Outside Tribes such as the Silvermoons and Skullcrushers, Fury Beetles were typically assigned to second echelon warriors, NeShemar, and transport/haulage duties. It wasn’t until very late in the War that the EShemar finally came out with their own major variant of the robotic Fury Beetle, the Thunderbeetle.
The Thunderbeetle has the general body shape and features of the Fury Beetle, but the head is longer and more pointed and the body longer and sleeker. The foreclaws are longer and larger, with a better reach and a ‘guillotine chop’ punch. The back shell scallops to form a sort of boat cockpit(sometimes called a ‘Shemarrian orchestra pit’ by some wags) where several Shemarrians can stand, protected by the bulk of the ‘beetle’s body. The Thunderbeetle also sports an interesting ‘turkey fantail’ of long spikes around its hindquarters that can be raised and lowered to counter attacks from the rear and offer partial cover to the riders.
Armament is heavy; the Thunderbeetle precedes close combat with its striking array of jewel-like opto-lasers, but the real heavy hitters are heavy weapons mounted on the ‘beetle’s back. Though not possessing the same arc of fire as a proper turret, the back-mounted heavy weapons can still wreak havoc as the Thunderbeetle turns and charges with surprising agility on its multiple legs. In close combat Thunderbeetles are even more deadly than their organic ancestors, able to claw, bite, and impale anybody unwise enough to attempt melee battle.
The Thunderbeetle has sometimes been confused with the EcoS-K-18 Tuin, another ‘turtleback’ Warmount carrying heavy weaponry on its back, but whereas the Tuin is a standoff artillery platform, the Thunderbeetle is more of a close-in tank-destroyer. Faster and more heavily armored than their Fury Beetle ‘ancestors’, Thunderbeetles use their ranged weaponry to shatter an enemy while the Warmounts charge in, before chasing down and dismembering individual enemy units at close range. The positioning of their main armament means they are less effective in retreat, however, and a savvy Shemarrian commander will hold a reserve of lighter units with more flexible weaponry to cover the flanks of a Thunderbeetle frontal assault, then move up to provide covering fire while the ‘beetles make a high speed retreat, rear spokes raised to cover their riders, from the battlefield.
Thunderbeetles first appeared in the ranks of the Horrorwoods Tribe, but they have since appeared in in the stables of both the Skullcrushers, Silvermoons(who have their own variant), and the Bloodriders(not normally known to favor the Fury Beetle, but apparently willing to make an exception for the Thunderbeetle).

Type: EcoS-K-49 Thunderbeetle
Class: Robotic Warmount, Ground Assault
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-2 passengers in the ‘cockpit’
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1,200
Head 560
Eyes(13) 15 each
Forepaws(2) 160 each
Small Legs(32) 55 each
Spikes(60) 50 each
(Optional) Dorsal Heavy Weapons(1-2) Typically 200-300 each

Note: The Thunderbeetle does NOT have a vulnerable underbelly. In fact, the EShemar deliberately reinforced it against land mine explosions. Reduce Main Body damage from explosive attacks directly UNDER the Thunderbeetle by HALF due to the shape of the armor.

Height: 12 ft (15 ft with tail spikes fully raised)
Width: 15 ft
Length: 22 ft
Weight: 20 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat ‘cockpit’ area for a few personal possessions and sidearms, as well as a few footlocker-sized bins for spare ammunition/ e-clips, grenades, and loose rounds of main weapons ammo.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Speed: (Running) 150 MPH
(Jumping) Not a good jumper; can manage a 6 ft straight up/8 ft across leap; increase distance by 50% with a running start.
(Climbing) If the surface can accommodate the weight, the Thunderbeetle is a surprisingly effective climber, using its massive long forelimbs and many smaller legs(and sometimes its back spikes) to find purchase and haul itself up steep grades, even small cliffs and buildings, with a climbing proficiency of 75%.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) 25 MPH running on bottom; maximum effective depth of 1,000 ft(normally doesn’t like this, though)
Systems of Note:

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Thunderbeetles have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye-Mounted Lasers(12)---The Thunderbeetle sports no less than TWELVE eyeball lasers(the thirteenth eye is a dedicated sensor). These are configured to produce an area of effect fan blast ahead of the ‘beetle, allowing it to clear obstacles in front of it as it charges forward. As one Male Shemarrian put it; “lightning precedes the thunder”.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 2d6x12 MD if all twelve eyes are firing on one target simultaneously. Typically fires in ‘fan mode’ doing 2d4 MD to everything in a 45-degree arc ahead of the Warmount.

2) Heavy Gun Mount---Mounted on the back is a heavy weapons hardpoint that can accommodate one or two heavy weapons, typically manned by the passengers in the ‘chariot seating’. Each weapon has 45-degree arc of fire side-to-side, and 90-degree elevation. Heavy rail guns such as the ‘Longstryke’ are the most common, though other weapons, such as the Black Hammer gunpod, are also popular. The following are a few of the more popular weapons mounted on the Thunderbeetle:
a) ‘Longstryke’ Heavy Rail Gun
Weight: 2 tons each
MDC: 250
Range: 11,000 ft in atmosphere, 22,000 ft in space
Damage: 3d6x10+10 MD per single shot.
Payload: 12 shot clip, or 36 round heavy drum
Special Features:
*Laser Targeting(+1 to strike)

b)’BlackHammer’ Laser/Missile Cannon
Weight: 1.2 tons each
MDC: 300
Range:(Laser)6,000 ft(triple in space)
(Mini-Missiles) 1 mile (double in space)
Damage:(Laser) 2d6x10 MD per blast
(Mini-Missiles) Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire:(Laser) ECHH
(Mini-Missiles)Volleys of 1-4
Payload:(Laser) Effectively Unlimited linked to a nuclear power plant. Otherwise, has a 25 shot onboard battery or a 20 shot regenerating powercell that recharges at 1 shot every 30 minutes.
(Mini-Missiles)30 rd drum
Special Features:
*Laser Sighting(+1 to strike)

c) Heavy Rail Gun---Glitterboy-style rail gun.
Range: 12,000 ft in atmosphere
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per 30-rd burst, only fires bursts.
Payload: 200 rd drum

d) Heavy Particle Beam Rifle---Orbital-style
Range: 11,000 ft in atmosphere, 22,000 ft in space
Damage: 4d6x10 MD per blast
Payload: 25 blasts, recharges at a rate of 1 blast per minute

e)Heavy Pulse Laser---Adapted from the Glitterboy No. 7 of South America
Range: 8,000 ft in atmosphere, 16,000 ft in space
The Silvermoon version of this weapon has a 9,600 ft base range, owing to superior Silvermoon photonics.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

f)Slayer Quad-Laser Cannon---Copied from the PS-RFL-40.
Range: 6,000 ft(60,000 ft in space)
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 2d4x10 MD short burst (four shots, one from each barrel), 4d4x10 MD medium burst (eight shots, two from each barrel in sequence), 4d6x10 MD long burst (takes two attacks), or 6d6x10 MD full melee burst (takes three attacks).
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: Effectively unlimited

g)60mm Gun-Mortar--Based on the pre-Rifts designs for dual-mode smoothbore direct-and indirect-fire weapons that can be either breech or muzzle-loaded.
Weight: (Basic weapon) 165 lbs
Range:(Direct Fire Mode): 6,000 ft
(Artillery Mode) 12,700 ft
Damage:
(Riot)---Combination flash-bang and rubber pellet charge---Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, -1 to initiative, and lose 1 APM for 1d4 melees. Rubber pellets do 1d4 SDC damage, but have a 60% chance of knockdown for any human-sized, or smaller, beings, caught in a 10 ft blast radius.....lose initiative and 1 APM for that melee(cost: 80 credits)
(Fragmentation-SDC) 2d4x10 SDC to 40 ft blast radius(cost: 200 credits)
(Fragmentation-MD) 3d6 MD to 50 ft blast radius(cost: 560 credits)
(High Explosive) 6d6 MD to 20 ft blast radius(cost: 720 credits)
(Anti-Armor HEAT) Very heavy projectile( Does 3d6x10 MD to a 2 ft diameter area(shaped charge)(cost: 900 credits)
(Plasma/Micro-Fusion) 1d6x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius (cost: 800 credits)
(Incendiary) 2d6 MD flash damage to 24 ft blast radius, plus does 1d4 MD per melee for 2d6 melees(cost: 710 credits)
(Acid)---4d6 MD to a 5 ft radius, then diminishes in strength by 1d6 each melee(lasts about 4 melees)(cost: credits)
(Chemical) Effects vary, but contains enough chemical agent to cover a 15 ft radius
(Illumination) Can loft to an altitude of 600 ft, and illuminate a 500 ft radius for 4d4 melees. (cost: 15 credits)
Note: Additional grenade types, including TW munitions, are constantly in development.

Rate of Fire: Must be manually breech-reloaded; a well-trained gun crew(and Shemarrians effectively count as an automated gun system) can fire up to four times per melee
Payload: Up to 50 rounds can be carried in the ‘cockpit’.

h) Heavy Plasma Cannon---Based on copied mechanoid technology.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast

i)M-Ion Cannon----A copy of the Triax TX-8841 Ion Cannon(sans MRM launchers).
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area.
*Ion Booster Module---Another mod that boosts the range of the ion bolts, albeit with a small reduction in damage capability. Reduce damage to 1d4x10 MD, but boost range to 7,000 ft.

j) ‘Goddess Hammer’ Gatling Cannon---This weapon consists of six rail gun barrels(adapted from the Shemarrian ‘carbine’) in a gatling arrangement, set for rapid-fire, trading range for sheer volume of fire. At full auto, the damage spread of this weapon is devastating and has been known to shred robot vehicles and smash down fortifications in a single melee! The devastation the ‘Goddess Hammer’ can dish out is matched only by the thundering racket it makes spitting out rounds. Supposedly, after seeing this weapon in action, the reformed SkullCrushers immediately petitioned the Wolf’s Path for its schematics as part of the post-SCW Reconciliation between the Tribes. The Wolf’s Path held off the petition for over a decade, leery of handing such a weapon to the trigger-happy SkullCrushers, even reformed ones.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per round, 4d6x10 MD for a three shot burst, 8d6x10 MD for a six shot burst(!)
Payload: 820 shot drum

k) ‘Sun-Tor’ Heavy Plasma Projector----Introduced by the Bloodriders for their Thunderbeetles, the ‘Sun-Tor’ is actually an adapted starfighter weapon, copied from the Bushido Federation’s Katana-class Starfighter. The enormous amount of damage these cannon(and two can be mounted) do is balanced by their slow rate of fire and extremely short range; the Bloodriders have to get up extremely close to cut loose with these cannon. This isn’t normally a problem for the gung-ho Bloodriders who sneer at personal danger, but wiser(and less hotheaded) Warchiefs will allow their assaulter squads to mount only ONE Sun-Tor per Thunderbeetle, pairing it with a longer-ranged weapon(like the HPC listed above), allowing the Thunderbeetle crew to keep a distant enemy under fire while closing to deliver the heavy plasma executioner’s strike at what is effectively pointblank range.
Range: 600 ft
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Twice per melee

3) (Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Thunderbeetle has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

4)Bite----The Thunderbeetle’s jaws are larger and more beak-like than the Fury Beetle’s, and can do more damage.
Damage: 6d6 MD with a bite.

5) Foreclaws(2)----Similarly, the Thunderbeetle’s foreclaws are longer and farther-reaching than the Fury Beetle’s relatively stubby ones. The Thunderbeetle loves to bring its razor-edged forearms crashing down on fleeing prey, pinning them and dragging them back into range of the sharp beak to be dismembered.
Restrained Forearm Strike 1d6 MD
Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Claws(Extended)+3d6 MD

6) Tail Spikes---The ThunderBeetle sports a fan of tail spikes similar to the articulated climbing spikes of the Monstrex. These sprout from the Warmount’s sides and rear, and can be angled up and down to provide a veritable hedgerow of sharpness to impale any attackers unwisely attempting to grapple from the sides or rear. They can also be angled down into the ground to brace and anchor the Warmount against shockwaves and attempts to flip it over. They effectively count as ‘splinter armor’ protection to passengers riding in the ‘cockpit’ of the Thunderbeetle; effective Armor Rating of 14; if an attack’s ‘To-Strike’ roll exceeds that, the attack bypasses the shielding altogether and strikes the main body of the target. In ‘full tom’ mode, fully extended and swept forward, that armor protection increases to A.R. 16, however, at that point, the spikes get in the way of the riders being able to shoot at anything not directly in front of them(where the guns provide some protection) or coming at them along the curve of the shell(-3 to strike trying to fire out through the welter of spikes). However, the ‘thicket’ has some effectiveness at defeating missile attacks; on a ‘To Strike’ roll of 6-7, Armor-Piercing missiles bash themselves on the cage bars, doing only 1d4 MD, and on a 8-15, do only HALF damage due to premature detonation or redirection of their kinetic force. All other missiles do normal damage.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. The Thunderbeetle has an effective animal-I.Q. of 11.
Typically has the same programming as for the Monst-rex and Monst-crane. It’s something of a smart brute, but a brute nevertheless.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the ThunderBeetle intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Dodge +6(+7 to dodge when running in excess of 75 MPH)
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Parry +6(+7 with spikes)
Pull Punch/Claw/Bite +4
Critical Strike on an Unmodified 19-20.
Bite 6d6 MD
Restrained Forearm Strike 1d6 MD
Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Claws(Extended)+3d6 MD
Forearm Chop 6d6 MD plus a 60% chance of knocking down humanoid-sized targets for a pin.
Full Speed Ram(2 APMs) 1d8x10 MD
Trample 4d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Thunderbeetle an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Like its organic inspiration, the Thunderbeetle is normally calm and collect, unless provoked, in which case it goes berserk, running down and smashing the source of its irritation. Thunderbeetle riders must rein their mounts with a firm hand, as the temperamental beasts are prone to cause large amounts of collateral damage in mad careens across the battlefield.

Variants:
*EcoS-K-49Sm---(aka ‘Moonbug’) Silvermoon variant, armored in either silver or gold laser-reflective chrome(lasers do HALF damage). Furthermore, the optical lasers are improved; 1,250 ft range and each does 4d4 MD each(or 4d4x12 MD for all twelve eyes firing simultaneously).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"To all employees of Mad Scientist Scientific Supply, I am Hoyt Sparks and I am your new Chairmen. The council is still intact, but I will no longer tolerate any petty bickering over titles or funding. They can fight each other, just behind closed doors, and off company time.

The rest of you may experience some shifts in policy, this is necessary given our line of work. Morals will still be shades of gray, but with more safety features. I have experienced what is out in this Megaverse and beyond, and if we are to survive and thrive, we must be smart about our dealings, to avoid any focused attention. The changes will be shown in the new company manual coming soon, both physical and digital.

Some may question my experience with the Alliance of a certain Rifts Earth. You are welcome to question our suggestion boxes, in both accelerated aging and spatial shredding colors, I am all about transparency. End Transmission."

To translate, Hoyt is now the head of M3S, but is secretly working for Interdee, Paladin Steel, the Eshemar, and other Alliance parties.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Some may question my experience with the Alliance of a certain Rifts Earth. You are welcome to question our suggestion boxes, in both accelerated aging and spatial shredding colors, I am all about transparency. End Transmission."

"Damnit! That means he's perfected his Perfect Invisibility Cloak! He could be spying on us right now and we're never know about it! So much for planning our own interoffice takeover coup!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Art for the Thunderbeetle up: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img370_zpsced3afee.jpg

And yah! That makes fifty different new War Steeds!
Halfway there to 89er's desire to see a hundred new ones!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The villagers assembled behind the fortifications of their community eyed the well-armed party that emerged from the surrounding wilderness. The older residents, having seen this before, watched with interest, but not any great undue anxiety. Newer residents, adopted refugees, and immigrants were not so comforted by familiarity, and the newer militia members nervously clutched their weapons, running mental ssessments of how much damage the approaching column could do them.
With an exchange of flags of truce, a greeting party went out to parlay with the newcomers. The tall bald man with the antennae growing from his forehead and the tattoos covering his arms greeted the older man from the village.
“Hoy, Chief Lenard of Maughinville, the elders of Tribe Wolf’s Path bid you greeting and good health!”
“Greetings, Tucsett of Tribe Wolf’s Path! Tell the elders we return their greetings and inform them we are indeed all in good health. And what business brings you to our simple community this time of season?”
“T’is the season of giving thanks, and our larders overflow with recent events. The elders bid we share out our bounty with our neighbors! So have, and join us in giving thanks for this year’s prosperity!”
“We thank you for the security you bring our lands and for the gifts you bestow on us, though we have little to offer in return for such.”
“T’is enough that you offer not shelter to our enemies. Shall we share out what we have brought then?”
The village headsman signaled, and the gates to his village opened, villagers moving up to assist the Shemarrian men with unloading their beasts of burden and giant wolves. Dressed carcasses of venison, skins of various animals, pre-cooked and plastic-wrapped slabs of fury beetle, peryton, rhino buffalo, and dinosaur, shell, bone, and skin of same, coils of treated monster sinew, a parcel of e-clips, a barrel of electronic components, and several barrels of distilled spirits were soon on their way into the village. The villagers would indeed be eating well for the near future.
As both parties began to drift apart to return to their respective communities, the village elder took a change and called out to the Shemarrian party leader.
“Tucsett, will you and your people not join us in celebratory feast? You have made much of this possible, cannot you stay and share in the merrymaking?”
Tucsett turned and grinned. “Nay, no offense meant to the hospitality of Maughinville, but we hurry back to our own feasts. Even now the village acolites are preparing boiled Metzla and plasma-softened Creax with iron oxide dressing! And this year I aim to get an axel! And drink myself deep on Insecton reactor coolant! Enjoy in our absence, Chief Lenard, but fear not for our own enjoyment, for our feasting and company will be as merry as your own, I warrent! Good day to you, Maughinville!”
Chief Lenard smiled as he watched the Shemarrian party disappear back into the woods, before turning back to the business of getting the Shemarrians’ gifts properly sorted and lardered away. ‘Get himself an axel’? Drink reactor coolant? He honestly didn’t know when the Shemarrians were pulling his leg. Not that it mattered; for patroling the wilderness and helping feed his village, he would gladly put up with either quirky Shemarrian humor or strange Shemarrian biology.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote: Chief Lenard smiled as he watched the Shemarrian party disappear back into the woods, before turning back to the business of getting the Shemarrians’ gifts properly sorted and lardered away. ‘Get himself an axel’? Drink reactor coolant? He honestly didn’t know when the Shemarrians were pulling his leg. Not that it mattered; for patroling the wilderness and helping feed his village, he would gladly put up with either quirky Shemarrian humor or strange Shemarrian biology.

"Just don't ask what the stuffing is made of..."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote: Chief Lenard smiled as he watched the Shemarrian party disappear back into the woods, before turning back to the business of getting the Shemarrians’ gifts properly sorted and lardered away. ‘Get himself an axel’? Drink reactor coolant? He honestly didn’t know when the Shemarrians were pulling his leg. Not that it mattered; for patroling the wilderness and helping feed his village, he would gladly put up with either quirky Shemarrian humor or strange Shemarrian biology.

"Just don't ask what the stuffing is made of..."

Fiberglass insulation, steel wool, and ground up ceramic insulator mostly :D :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian ‘Shyger’ Aerial Raptor Drone
(aka ‘Catbird’ , ‘Shemarrian Giant Parrot’ )
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img405_zps4b9a1f91.jpg
“They’re not much to look at, and they look kludged-up as hell, but there’s a certain animal ferocity inside them, even the ones not Awakened, that comes through when they’re in combat. And the thruster shriek of a full wing of them pouncing on a target? That’s pure battle song, sung by simple hearts that appreciate combat.”

“I hate those damn things. Every one of them can whittle down my armor and my soldiers, while every shot I waste on them is a shot I’m NOT using to shoot down those accursed Hawkmoon harpies. And the Shemarrians know it, otherwise they wouldn’t be making so many of the damn things and throwing them at me. Damn cursed Shemarrians.”

The Hawkmoons are the professed ‘Sky Tribe’ of the Shemarrian Nation, and they employ the largest number of Avyet(Shemarrian cyber-hawks) of any of the Tribes. However, as enraptured as the Hawkmoons are of their ‘little friends’, even the most diehard ‘featherheads’ of the Tribe admit that the best of the Avyet ‘breeds’ just don’t have the same firepower of some of the companion-cyberanimals of the more ground-based tribes. Freeflying marauding flocks of Ayet just lack the raw destructive power of a Kantaran(Shemarrian Wolf) pack in full unleashed rampage mode. And simply adding wings or flight systems to their own Kantaran compaion-mechs just wasn’t an option for the Hawkmoons. Hawkmoon Tinkers have thus been fishing about for a more satisfactory solution.
One of the more interesting experiments that has emerged from this quest is the ‘Shyger’, an obvious ‘frankensteed’(robot pieced together from the bits and pieces of existing equipment) development made by Sister Emili Featherforger, a Tinker known to frequent the upstate New York regions of the Hawkmoon range. Since the Hawkmoons there frequently came into contact with forces beholding to the Free Quebec Coalition State, the Tribesmen were quite familiar with the equipment of Free Quebec and had scavenged a good bit. Thus the ‘Shyger’ is readily recognizable as being based on the QV-229 ‘Bobcat’ Hover Cycle, modified with various odds and ends.
The ‘Shyger’ retains the bullet-shaped body of the ‘Bobcat’, but the cokcpit windshield has been removed, the cockpit itself fared away, the tail fins replaced with more articulated(if still stubby) wings with forward sweep, and two powerful robotic legs, resembling those of a bird of prey(but also resembling those of the ‘Gekker’ robeast), mounted underneath. This allows the ‘bot to engage in close raking attacks with its new claws. Performance is roughly equal to that of the ‘Bobcat’, but the ‘Shyger’ is slightly more maneuverable and agile, especially when it comes to flight maneuvers that would cause a living pilot to black out.
Armament also follows the original ‘Bobcat’ configuration, with the exception of an added nose turret and the leg-mounted vibroclaws.
In place of a crewman, the hybrid hover cycle/robot has been modified with an installed robot intelligence. Multiple concealed sensors installed on the body frame keep the robot A.I. up to date about its sorroundings, without giving opponents an obvious ‘head’ to snipe at(the blunt parrot-like fuselage ‘head’ holds some sensors and the small laser turrets, but not the AI housing). The A.I. is also occasionally ‘Awakened’ with an animal-intelligence Ecotroz Essence fragment, but roughly sixty percent of ‘Shygers’ are kept as robotic drones.
Once regarded as an interesting experiment, the ‘Shyger’ has begun appearing in greater numbers with Hawkmoon forces as a force multiplier. ‘Shygers’ are used by the Hawkmoons as attack animals, rather than personal companions. They are often used to shadow Shemarrian forces, escort caravans and slower-moving aircraft, and to scout ahead and draw fire. ‘Shygers’ are also deployed in semi-autonomous packs or flocks, set loose to attack targets of opportunity. Besides the Hawkmoons, the Ghost Riders are the only other Tribe known to use Shygers.
No ‘feral’ version of the ‘Shyger’ exists, as the cybernanimal is quite obviously a robot lash-up.

Type: EShe-AA31 ‘Shyger’
Class: Robotic Animal, Attack
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 180
Nose Turrets(2( 35 each
Mini-Missile Launchers(2) 45 each
Rail Gun(1, undercarriage) 50
Directional Jets(10) 15 each
Side/Rear Main Jets(2) 75 each
Wings (2) 40 each
Tail Fins(2) 40 each
Legs(2) 90 each
Height: 4 ft
Width: 4 ft, 8 ft w/ wings at full extension
Length: 13.3 ft
Weight: 1,450 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 25
Speed: (Running) Awkward on the ground: 20 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 440 MPH, maximum altitude of 2,700 ft.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 50 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---About 25% of all ‘Shygers’ have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Nose Turrets(2)---- The ‘Catbird’ mounts TWO nose turrets to the ‘Bobcat’s’ one. The turrets are also modular, allowing for several different weapons types to be mounted
a) Double-Barreled Laser Cannon
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 6d6 MD per dual blast

b) Double-Barreled Ion Blaster
Damage: 2d6 MD single shot, 4d6 MD per dual blast

2) Rail Gun(1)---This weapon, slung under the main body, is unchanged from the original. The standard fit-out is not terribly remarkable; the weapon is recognizable as the venerable C-40R SAMAS rail gun. Occasionally, though, the Shyger has been seen mounting the Shemarrian Assault Rifle with shorter range, but greater damage.
Damage: 1d4 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD per 40 round burst.
Payload: 4,000 round drum

b) Assault Rifle
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD per 12 round burst.
Payload: 4,000 round drum

c) Missile Launcher----Occasionally the gun is done away with entirely and replaced with either two rails for short range missiles(2 SRMs) or a mini-missile launcher(volleys of 1-5, 10 total).

d) EW Pod---Rather than mount a direct fire weapon, the Ghost Riders sometimes dispense with the under-fuselage gun and mount an EW jamming pod, either an electronic targeting jammer, or a communications jammer.
-ECM Module---electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -4 to strike the drone. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 15 mile radius(-2 to strike)
- Jammer-----A mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius.

3) Mini-Missile Launchers(2)----Unchanged from the original; these launchers slide out of the sides of the cyberanimal
Range: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-missile)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-missile)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-5
Payload: 10 per launcher, 20 total

4) (Optional) Self-Destruct---Fully robotic A.I. Shyger-drones are sometimes fitted with powerful self-destruct packages, especially if they are being sent on one-way suicide missions.
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected (some of) the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. The robot has an effective I.Q. of 12, and exhibits a personality similar to that of a well-trained bird of prey. The ‘bot can patiently wait to be unleashed on a target, but tends to fidget and flex for flight/combat, and in combat is wholly dedicated to hitting the target/destroying the enemy.
Typically has the following:
Radio: Basic 96%
Radio: Scrambler 96%
Navigation(Air) 90%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Read Sensory Instruments 75%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Math: Basic 96%
Track 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Pilot: Fighter(for maneuvering purposes) 96%

The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Shyger intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Dodge +5 (Automatic in flight)
Parry +5
Roll +2
Claw-Kick 1d4 MD
Flying Claw-Rake 4d6 MD
Wimg Sideswipe 1d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Shyger an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: The NeR’Mar(Expanded)

“I own myself; I have the receipt from my parent to prove it. I work to make enough to start my own family clan. The ship I found; the work I did myself with materials I acquired working under my parent. Together my parent and I search the Nebula for what the Eshemar and the ausida* will pay us for. My parent works to make me brothers. I work to make enough to start my own family clan.”

(*ausida-R’Mar for ‘outsiders’; non-R’mar, and non-R’Mar/Shemar in general)

As mentioned before in previous Cultural Notes, the R’Mar ‘aliens’ effectively constitute a symbiotic species with the greater Shemarrian Nation. Regarded within the Ecotroz cultural mythos as fellow sufferers of the machinations of the Dark One, the R’Mar enjoy a sort of protected status with the EShemar, in part due the perception that their society has fallen farther than that of the Shemarrians, and has much more to rebuild.
Indeed, even with Ecotroz Awakening, upgrades to Nueral Intelligence, and various other upgrades, the (Ne)R’Mar have never shared the same drive, enthusiasm, and innovative spark that the EShemar have had. Their numbers have not grown at the same speed, nor with the same lust for self-improvement and technological and cultural diversification. The modern NeR’Mar would still be recognizable as the original AA-72 Raw Materials Acquisition Robot ARCHIE-3 put out, in terms of overall capabilities and configuration. Nor have they moved much from their original role as wandering scavengers and junk men.
However, SOME progress is inevitable, and even the stodgy R’Mar show some signs of diversification and cultural evolution. Chassis-wise, NeR’Mar are all nueral intelligence A.I’s, Awakened with an Ecotroz Essence or Quickened with a Ghostrider kernel-spark, while their bodies have been fitted with regenerative nanite systems similar to those in the EShemar themselves. NeR’Mar also display a wider variety of facial features.
The NeR’Mar are akin to gypsies or the mountain men wilderness scouts of early American history; nomadic, largely solitary, and self-dependent. They prefer to wander the Three Galaxies in small groups, unobstrusive and under the notice of others, living off what they find and can salvage. They occasionally return to established enclaves(typically in Shemarrian space) where they share information, trade for goods, update each other, and contribute to new generations of R’Mar. The NeR’Mar have their own versions of Rites of Upgrade, but with much less pomp and mysticism attached, or they may simply purchase Upgrades through trade.
The R’Mar have been offered the use of Progen, but they have demurred, in favor of simplier technologies such as the Assembler Forges. NeR’Mar do not show the same degree of ‘sexual identity’ as the Shemarrians, and do not make distinctions of ‘male’ and ‘female’ among themselves, though they tend to favor masculine references. They do not consort ‘sexually’ for pleasure as many Shemarrians do. NeR’Mar reproduction is more business-like and economics-driven. When a NeR’Mar feels a need for a new R’Mar crewmember or to grow a ‘back up’ or ‘replacement’ (against megaversal attrition of R’Mar numbers), they gather sufficient resources to make a new one(or else acquire the equivalent value) and go to their enclave’s Assembler to commission an offspring. If the ‘parent--to-be wishes to include a particular skill set in the base programming of their offspring, they may advertise for it to other waiting ‘parents’, and may negotiate a trade(or series of trades) to acquire the wanted Upgrades, both hardware and software. The Assembler then builds the new R’Mar to order, installs the baseline programming sets in the neural intelligence, then Awakens the ‘newborn’. The new R’Mar then typically spends an apprenticeship with its commissioning ‘parent’ and ‘family’. If it so wishes, the new R’Mar may seek to strike out on its own, after acquiring an equivalent sum in goods and services to its birth-price and paying off its ‘parent’(the base cost of a R’Mar’s ‘birth’ is public knowledge among the R’Mar).
Despite a general tendency towards conformity, there ARE growing physical differences within the R’Mar ‘bloodline’. Though there are no official ‘elite’ or ‘caste’ classes (as with the Shemarrians) among the R’Mar, some general somatotypes have begun emerging amongst the mechano-species:

01-60% ‘Standard’ R’Mar---These are the standard-build baseline R’Mar(as described in Shemarrian Nation, pgs 78-82).
61-70% ‘Skinny’---These R’Mar are more slender and attenuated, with lighter, taller, builds; 6’7” to 7’ 9”, reduce weight by 30%, reduce Robotic P.S. to 25, and reduce MDC to main body and limbs by 25%. They can run at 100 MPH, and are +1 to Dodge
71-80% ‘Strongman’---These R’Mar tend to be taller, heavier, and more muscular; 6’ 8” to 7’ 8”, increase weight by 25%, and increase MDC to all body parts by 50%. Robotic Strength is upped to 35. They also reduce speed by 10 MPH.
81-90% ‘Fatman’---These R’Mar are immensely heavier and more muscular, but also much slower. Overall MDC to all locations is increased by 150%, while weight DOUBLES. Robotic Strength is upped to 40. Maximum running speed is 50 MPH.
91-00% ‘Shorty’----Smaller-build R’Mar, roughly 5 ft tall, 50% lighter, but also reduce Main Body MDC by 30%. Running speed is increased to 110 MPH.

R’Mar are not big on innovation, but are excellent at improvization; about 75% of the R’Mar in the SSN possess the Jury-Rigging skill at 75%. They rarely have any exclusively R’Mar technologies, but zealously acquire and recycle the technology of others, especially vehicles and starships. While they eschew the use of big bold shiny Warmounts and similar robotic beasts, they have nothing against utilitarian robotic beasts of burden such as robotic horses and creatures similar to those described in Rifts Black Market. Smaller robotic animals are also favored as companions, scouts, and watchbeasts. For the most part, though, they prefer vehicles in order to get around, and R’Mar vehicles, even if acquired brand spanking new, quickly acquire a hard-worked, utilitarian look, adorned with tool boxes, carry racks, salvaged materials, and the odd adhoc weapons mount or two.

Though generally seen by outsiders as a race apart living in a murky coexistence with the Shemarrians, the R’Mar are actually very close, though closer with some Tribes than others. It is not uncommon, for example, for R’Mar to be adopted as proper (Ne)R’Mar in Wayfinder, Horrorwoods, Lost Eclipse, Ghostrider and (interestingly enough) Silvermoon Tribe families. Other Tribes, such as the Skullcrushers, Bloodriders, Sapphire Cobras, and Hawkmoons are, not hostile to the R’Mar, but give them their space. They are often mistaken for Light Machine full conversion cyborgs by those not familiar with the Shemarrians, an error that the R’Mar often use to trade in regions of space where the Shemarrians are not known.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Early christmas gift, finally finishing some art for some of the previously posted Shemarrian Elites.

Bit of a tentacle theme today:

First, s Sapphire Cobra Medusa( and Sailor Pluto's unexpected nightmare).
Caution: bit of a Minoan snake-priestess dress-theme going on...
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/ShemarrianMedusaElite_zpsb8d94ce2.jpg

And now we have the Dark Waters Scylla:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/ShemarrianScyllaElite_zpsb2fc65d5.jpg

Will eventually update these pictures to their respective original posts for newcomers to see imemdiately what these girls look like.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Early christmas gift, finally finishing some art for some of the previously posted Shemarrian Elites.

Bit of a tentacle theme today:

Thank you Santa-Taali... Santa C'thulhu thanks you too. :D

In side note; sorry I haven't contributed much but *shrug* well you know my reasons for no more 'Phoenix force' updates, and as for the Grrrls? Sadly the campaign hasn't had them show up much :-( ... though I think since the crew is in Madhaven there will be Ghostrider shennanigens in the near future.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

S';right; I've slowed down myself, spending time on RL things that need taking care of, and getting around to stuff I owe people.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Where Are They Now?(wherein we check up on some NPCs)

Fasteners came free, straps slid loose, magnets disengaged, and with series of dull thuds, battle armor fell to the floor in an untidy heap.
Astre-Martial Third Imari slouched forward, tiredly kicking off her boots, oblivious to the sounds of the Acolites rushing to pick up her discarded armor and weapons. Naked but for the metal shower sandals she managed to find and slide her feet into, she somehow made it into the ionic shower, feeling the tingle of the ion beams flow over her skin. She just parked herself in its flow and let herself go blank. Though her body was a tireless fusion-powered robot frame, her soul was still subject to fatigue, and right now she felt as if she had the weight of a planet on her neck.

Imari shuddered and shivered as memory played back the events of her long day. It was supposed to be an easy assignment, a simple mission to further blood the new metal, to train the new warriors up and habituate them to combat. Drop on an infestation of chupacabra demons, wipe out the pestilential beasts, and secure the area. Easy, right?
Except they found themselves in the middle of a much better organized encampment of enemies....something calling itself ‘Deathspike’. Vampires and their protectors, and smart ones at that. An out-dimension training camp for the creatures and their servents.
The Wayfinders were equipped for vermin extermination, not vampire staking, but they improvised, holding open the landing zone while awaiting better-equipped Silvermoon reinforcements. Local trees were scythed down and immediately converted into stakes. Technowizardry systems were hastily reconfigured for fighting the undead. And the warriors used brute force to hold back the hordes that threw themselves at the Shemarrian lines.
She had caught glimpses of some of her fellow NeShemar in the melee. Sister Rose, who she knew as having escaped from the same hell that had held her, and like her now living again in hard cyberoid flesh, advancing into the fray, defiantly screaming some prayer or divine condemnation upon her enemies, her Chainsaw of Light a spinning galaxy of white hot light above her head, showering cowering demons with sparks that burned them. Then she’d lost sight of her companions as a rush of enemy pushed them back and separated them. Imari had found herself cornered, futily pumping laser blasts into vampiric flesh that smoked and smoldered, but refused to come apart, and refused to STAY DOWN.
Panicked, she had momentarily forgotten her hard training, and had slashed blindly, without any style or technique, with her vibrosaber. Fortunately cyberoid strength and the intense power of vibrofield technology carried the day, as her wild swings cleaved through the mass of minor demons, and giving them pause. The merely mortal ones actually died, and some peeled off in search of easier prey, but it still left Imari in a bad place.
She found herself killing the same madly-grinning woman several times over, slicing her to pieces only to see the vampire stand back up, undead flesh knitting back together, and lunging for Imari, hands elongating into armor-ripping claws. The woman’s maniac look would have unnerved Imari, had she not already spent an eternity in hell on the edge of madness herself. Fortunately, even the disciplined Deathspike soldier was susceptible to rage-lust, and so preoccupied was she with backing Imari into a corner that she didn’t notice when Sister Fullcharge bulldogged in and shoved a sharpened log in through the hole in the woman’s armored vest that Imari had previously punched through front to back. A little wiggling, and somehow the withered remains of a heart were found and the vampire soldier went quiescent. A quick beheading and a flash cremation with a plasma rifle quickly followed, and both Shemarrians quickly made it back to the relative safety of their lines.
The rest of the ‘day’ had been a case of hard-fought mutual pin-down; the out-numbered Shemarrians not giving an inch or retreating, the revenge-hungry vampires not wanting their enemies to get away, but also unable to escape themselves as the cyberoids regularly bombed the perimeter of the enemy’s own lines. Imari ahd stoood shoulder to shoulder with unfamiliar comrades as they held the line against the enemy. Living machines clashed with the living dead, with both sides taking losses, but few permanent ones; ripped-apart Shemarrians continuing to fight, even drawn and quartered, while torn apart corpses regenerated and rose again, to be cut down once more in combat. Hand and claw, blade and jaw, the fighting was close and personal. Improvized weaponry and Wayfinder magic had given the Shemarrians an edge in the melee against the supernatural. The enemy’s own modern weaponry had worn down even Shemarrian armor, but had painted itself quite nicely for retaliatory strikes, and after a while, the enemy had quit firing, either because they’d run out of weapons, or because they were saving them for a later push once the Shemarrians were worn down.
A push that had never come. Just as Imari had felt ready to fall apart when the heavens thundered again, and a silver wave had washed over the battered Wayfinder formation. The Silvermoon reinforcements poured over and around Imari’s position like a tidal wave over a shore rock, and had surged into the enemy lines, as the chromed legions brought the light of a thousand suns to bear on their targets. Even the vampires broke and ran, turning into vapor or bats to escape, before they were cut down.
Imari was too tired to cheer the turn of fortunes, however, and she wearily obeyed the command to pull back and out as the survivors of her company regrouped and retreated aboard the fresh landing transports. They tallied their losses and licked their wounds and gave thanks to their deities and equipment, and returned to the starships in orbit.

Imari was suddenly broken out her revere as an arm came around her shoulders and pulled her out of the ion shower.
<<Best not to fall asleep in the shower, Sister. Others may want a turn>> Astre-Martial First Gara Bastetdoter smiled and steered the younger girl into a robe. << Come, there’s food to be had, to recharge you. You did well, today, Imari, very well, and you are well on your way to earning a battlename, from what I heard.>>
At that point, Imari didn’t really care about battlenames. She felt drained and blank, something Bastetdoter must have picked up on as she walked the younger warrior to the rejuve bay, where the others were gathering for nanite sustenance and recharge, and unhurried banter among comrades bonded in combat.
<< You will grow familiar with this, and you will learn to deal with the stress. You have acquited yourself well today, and you survived. That, if nothing else, is worth celebrating.>>
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Have to do a few fluffy-texts with 'The Twins' from everyones favorite Blue-Snake-Cult tribe, our intergendered angel on a quest for righteous retribution against a certain psychopathic torture monger, and of course... The Mink *shudder* :eek:
I'll get off my butt once the absolute last of the Hole-ee-daze insanities finishes off. :frust: :ok:
See everyone in 2014!

P.S.; nice one Taal. THAT is how I always envision a Shemarrian assault team having to deal with the vamps un-expectedly (re; no previous intel so anti-undead weapons are few and far between). :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

And I hope to bring to bear my full powers to bring MORE Warmounts(shooting to reach 100) and Starships and madness! And inspire others to add to it!
Oh my, I'm not done with the girls yet!
My word, we're only 47 pages!

See you all in 2014!!! :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

New Year, New Warmount! And this marks #51 of new Warmounts! We’re on our way to the big 1-0-0!

EcoS-K-53 Edselator Cavalry Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img420_zps10e022f7.jpg

“This ‘Henry Ford’ must have been a pre-Rifts witch, consorting with dark forces, if he inspired something so evil as what we faced that night! Metal monsters stinking poisonous fumes, snapping gleaming teeth coming at us out of the darkness, the glare of hell in their eyes!”
----Anonymous bandit survivor of an encounter with Clan Motron

“Could you hit the windshield wipers, Sister Corvette? I can hardly see the road through that last leechman we hit.”

The product of a Fringe Splinter Tribe of the Nightmares, Clan Motron, the Edselator was recognized by the Shemarrian Nation as a proper Warmount breed when examples began to appear with the Lost Eclipse. The Edselator shows clearly the Fringe Tribe’s obsession with ancient pre-Rifts automobile culture, which initially confused many observers as to the exact nature of the metal beasts that started appearing in the Great Lakes region. Only when Shemarrians were seen clearly interacting with, and riding in, the auto-beasts did it become clear that they were yet another new wrinkle in the Shemarrian mystery.
The Edselator looks like the nightmarish offspring of a Monstrex and a pre-Rifts Edsel, writ twice the original’s size. Splindly-legged with long legs that have both paws and wheels, the Edselator can crawl over urban debris and negotiate wilderness terrain with ease. Rather than sitting in an open saddle, its rider(s) enjoy the comfort of an armored ‘bathtub’ pod held high in the back that affords both a good high view and also partial protection. An armored windscreen(using polyglass formulae found in the remains of Old Detroit) and erectable ‘hardtop’ give additional protection from the elements and enemy fire. The Edselator can lower itself to available level and firm ground and engage its four rotary wheel-appendages, allowing it to speed along like an automobile. The Edselator can then spring back to its quad-leg configuration to clear obstacles or pounce on opponents.
Armament and armor are relatively light, but the Edselator is still an agile and fierce Warmount. Most of its armament is focused up front, though it can also spew super-slippery oil-like lubricants and thick choking smoke from its rear pipes to cover its retreat. A pair of hardpoints on either side of its front windshield allow for the mounting of supplemental weapons packs of the type common to most Shemarrian Warmounts. Clan Motron uses the Edselator like a cavalry mount, for fast strike-and-fade attacks or drive-bys.
The Edselator appears primarily in the ranks of Clan Motron, but has also begun appearing with the forces of the Nightmare Tribe, and at least one has been sighted with a party of Wayfinders(though whether this was an attached Lost Eclipse member or a trade to the Wayfinders remains to date unknown).
The Edselator; where once there was derision, there is now FEAR.

Type: EcoS-K-53 Edselator
Class: Robotic Warmount, Cavalry
1 rider/pilot, and room for 3 Shemarrian-sized passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Head 180
Laser Headlights(4) 20 each
Passenger Pod* 180
Front/rear Windshields(2) 50 each
Side Windows(4, 2 each side) 26 each
(Optional) Hardtop 100
Wheels(4) 30 each
Legs(4) 130 each

*The partial protection afforded by the ‘pod’ means that riders are at -6 to strike.

Height: 8 ft (116 inches) in vehicular mode; in ‘beast’ mode, it stands some 12 ft tall.
Width: 12.8 ft (154 inches)
Length: 34 ft(410 inches)
Weight: 3.2 tons
Cargo: If not carrying passengers, the front ‘shotgun’ seat and rear seats can be used to hold cargo. Small glove compartment in the crew cabin, and a 6 ft-wide, 2.5 ft deep truck space is located at the rear of the passenger pod.
Speed: (Running) 70 MPH
(Leaping) Powered leaps can propel the War Mount 30 ft up, and 50 ft across, double that with a running start.
(Wheels) 119 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible(limited to driving/running along extraterrestrial surfaces)
(Underwater) Amphibious. Can swim at roughly 15 MPH.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range), radar detection, molecular analyzer, and other standard power armor-equivalent/ Shemarrian Warmount systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Edselators have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Smartskin Camouflage---The Edselator’s skin is surfaced in a nanite-matrix ‘smartskin’ that can change color and texture to camouflage the Warmount quite effectively. A favorite tactic is to take on the appearance of centuries of rust and decay and lie doggo in plain sight, looking like one among thousands of abandoned pre-Rifts vehicles rotting away on the landscape. A color change can take place in 1d6 melees.

Weapons Systems:
1) Laser Headlight Eyes(4)----The Edselator’s four headlight-eyes conceal powerful lasers that can scorch a path of destruction ahead of the Warmount.
Damage: 3d6 MD single blast, 12d6(or 1d6x12) MD if all four eyes are firing on one target simultaneously.

2) Oil Spray----The Warmount can spray a swath of super-slippery lubricant liquid behind itself, making landborne pursuit somewhat more difficult.
Range: Each application covers a 30 ft area
Effects: Anyone trying to move across the slick must make a roll under their Physical Prowess at -8 or go out of control at full speed. Vehicles, power armors, and light robot vehicles traveling in ground contact across sufficiently large patches of slickspray will be at -15% to their piloting rolls...failure means the vehicle goes out of control and takes on the characteristics of a giant hockey puck. Depending on the hardness of the surface(must be a hard surface, not a permeable surface like dirt or gravel), certain heavy vehicles and robots(like the Triax Devastator) will be unaffected, as they simply stomp the affected surface into the subterranean. Hovercraft are NOT affected either.
Payload: 50 shots can be carried in internal reservoirs. Regenerates them at a rate of 1 shot every four hours(30 minutes if fed petrochemicals).

3) Smog Dispenser---The Edselator can spew a dense, choking, corrosive vapor from its rear tail pipe(s) to inconvenience pursuers and cover its retreat.
Range: Each blast covers a 100 ft area.
Damage: Anyone caught in the cloud of thick, obscuring smoke is unable to see, except with thermal optics. Inhaling, or exposure through unprotected soft tissues like the eyes, the vapor does 1d6 SDC/Hit Points per melee of exposure, and victims are -4 to dodge, strike, and parry, even for 1d4 melees after being removed from the cloud.
Smoke persists for 1d4+3 melee rounds.
Payload: Has enough smoke-matrix for 12 clouds. Regenerates them at a rate of 1 every six hours(1 hour if fed petrochemicals).

4) Power Jaw---The Edselator sports a large and powerful set of jaws for biting into opponents.
Damage: Bite 2d6+4 MD, Power Bite 4d6+7 MD

5) Retractable VibroClaws---Each foot sports an array of five vibroblades that are used in slashing and pouncing attacks, or to help traction when scrambling over debris.
Damage: 4d6 MD on a slash

6) (Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Edselator has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

7) (Optional) Pintle-Mounted Weapons---The passengers can roll down their windows and use any personal weapons they have, or, if the passenger pod is uncovered, an un-powered pintle mount can be used on the roll bar to steady a crew-served weapon, like a rail gun or recoilless rocket launcher.

Programming:
Typically has the same basic programming as for the Monstrex, plus the following:
Pilot Automobile(with regards to pulling stunt maneuvers while in wheeled configuration): 93%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Edselator intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Dodge +5(+8 when traveling over 75 MPH)
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +5
Roll +3
Pull Punch/Bite +4
Bite 2d6+4 MD
Power Bite 4d6+7 MD
Claw 4d6 MD
Kick 4d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 6d6 MD
Stomp 2d4 MD
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Edselator an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Edselator tends to be temperamental and intolerant of being taunted or provoked, and it will readily chew on anybody annoying it. They are enthusiastic predators who revel in the chase, and they particularly like harassing enemy convoys and caravans(such as transport trucks and hovertrains). They also show a liking for guzzling and lapping petrochemicals, and chewing on rubber, as treats.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 2d6 hours after such exertion.

Options:
*Mandible Jaws---Rather than a single unit lower jaw, 30% of Edselators have a split mandible jaw. These do less damage(Bite 2d6 MD, Power Bite 4d6+3 MD), but can extend and have a better chance(+1 to strike with a bite) of grabbing hold of a target to chew on.

*Chrome Plating---Clan Motron doesn’t have the resources for mass-producing Glitterboy-style laser-reflective ‘Glitterchrome’ armor, but they can produce and scavenge enough for limited coverage of their Warmounts(no more than 1d4x10% total coverage---roll percentile for coverage, then roll percentile again when an enemy is attacking with lasers to see if the fire strikes a chrome-plated section, then reduce the laser damage by HALF), typically on the front and back.

*Engine Soup-Up---Adds a more powerful powertrain for the wheeled mode. The Edselator can now hit speeds of 150 MPH on a straight-away.

*Flame-thrower Exhaust---The exhaust pipe can spew fire, up to 25 ft away to the rear of the Warmount, doing 1d4x10 SDC per blast. Add 6 ft to Leaping distance as well. If the Warmount also possesses the Engine Soup-Up Upgrade, increase range to 50 ft and damage is now 2d4x10 SDC per blast. Also add 8 ft to jet-assisted leaps.

Variants:
*Mini-Edselator----A ‘lite’ version of the Edselator, about half the size(bringing it to about the size of the original Edsel), with half the MDC as well. This variant is apparently meant for the smaller-statured NeShemar of the Tribe(though many of the NeShemar profess to LIKING big cars).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:New Year, New Warmount! And this marks #51 of new Warmounts! We’re on our way to the big 1-0-0!

“This ‘Henry Ford’ must have been a pre-Rifts witch, consorting with dark forces, if he inspired something so evil as what we faced that night! Metal monsters stinking poisonous fumes, snapping gleaming teeth coming at us out of the darkness, the glare of hell in their eyes!”

“Could you hit the windshield wipers, Sister Corvette? I can hardly see the road through that last leechman we hit.”

Loving the fringe/non-standard clans getting some love. I've kind of had an idea for a splinter group based on the Ghost Riders, only obsessed with mechs, armour.. Need to give it more thought, and still finish the other Elite I've got started
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:New Year, New Warmount! And this marks #51 of new Warmounts! We’re on our way to the big 1-0-0!

Loving the fringe/non-standard clans getting some love. I've kind of had an idea for a splinter group based on the Ghost Riders, only obsessed with mechs, armour.. Need to give it more thought, and still finish the other Elite I've got started

Well, if you ever finish up your rolling pillbug Warmount, * EcoS-K-50 Trogladilium is your reserved parking spot(name can always be changed either way...many Warmounts, after all, have 'aka' nicknames in addition to their primary reporting name). But whatever you come up with very welcome. :D :D :D

I've got a Ghostrider Warmount to do, and some kludged-up Wolf's Path conversions from existing 'bots coming in the future as well.

I'll have the art for the Edselator up on Monday.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Well, if you ever finish up your rolling pillbug Warmount, * EcoS-K-50 Trogladilium is your reserved parking spot(name can always be changed either way...many Warmounts, after all, have 'aka' nicknames in addition to their primary reporting name). But whatever you come up with very welcome. :D :D :D

I've got a Ghostrider Warmount to do, and some kludged-up Wolf's Path conversions from existing 'bots coming in the future as well.

I'll have the art for the Edselator up on Monday.

Yes, I still gotta do my pillbug. I get distracted by attempting to sleep and reading.. two Shemarrians I NEED to work on. Pillbug first, THEN the other elite.. THEN the new ideas can be worked on.
The only problem will be will there be anything big and strong enough to carry one of these things.. Well once I get final size set, we can work that out.. Shemarrian version of an HAFV/PC
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[

The only problem will be will there be anything big and strong enough to carry one of these things.. Well once I get final size set, we can work that out.. Shemarrian version of an HAFV/PC

Oh, I might have a few ideas in the works to handle that particular problem... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Art for the Edselator up:

Furthermore, updated the Codex(page 1) to reflect works-in-progress.(teasers) :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Art for the Edselator up:

Furthermore, updated the Codex(page 1) to reflect works-in-progress.(teasers) :D

It has a nice and shiny Killer Grill !!!!
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:Art for the Edselator up:

It has a nice and shiny Killer Grill !!!!

Stainless, too. Has to be, for easy washing off of roadkill splatter.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Animatronic drones used to protect endangered wildlife, based off African mammals. This make me think of you ladies.

http://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/gallery/45289435
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Animatronic drones used to protect endangered wildlife, based off African mammals. This make me think of you ladies.

http://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/gallery/45289435

Oh yeah, serious happiness on those pages, Horrorwoods territory indeed.
Though I've got a slew of new War Mounts in the pipe, some of them kludges of existing hardware, some of them entirely new(and thus requiring the engineering of wholly new systems and ways of creating mayhem).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”