Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

89er wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Shemarazahd Firemane (Col-Taros; Hawkmoon Tribe); *putting down the letter* "Is he familiar with a certain Humae male by the name of Herecles and his 11 labours?" :angel:

Name them and Hoyt will make it happen.

Pray the EShemar have NOT, in their dimensional travels, discovered a universe-sized cesspool...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Still waiting on those labors to complete.

How would the Eshemar/SSN deal with the sudden discovery of NEXUS and Splicers?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Still waiting on those labors to complete.

How would the Eshemar/SSN deal with the sudden discovery of NEXUS and Splicers?

I'm still trying to catch up from my vacation...I have a half-dozen Warmounts in the 3D printer and so much else to do.

But the quick answer on Splicers? I'll repost part of an earlier post on the Ecotroz and other machine intelligences:

Splicers---Given the particular nature of the world of the Splicers, the lack of magic, and the environment hostile to PPE- and ISP-dependent entities, it is unlikely that the Ecotroz would arrive on that blighted world as it did on Rifts Earth. Unlikely, but not impossible. If the Ecotroz was able to make its way to the world of Splicers, it would find a ready array of possible bodies to infect and inhabit.
Note, however, that the pure Ecotroz would assume identities in their new bodies based on impressions gathered from the machine bodies. Ecotroz-infected NEXUS’bots would not automatically be Humanity’s friends, in fact, they might, for a time, be even more efficient killers. It is possible that NEXUS-Ecotroz might construct a false impression that the Humans are the historic oppressors of the machines, and behave accordingly.
However, with time, the Ecotroz will become more independent, and seek to establish themselves as a separate culture away from NEXUS. This could well lead to a situation similar to the Ecotroz-Shemar and ARCHIE-3, with the Ecotroz spreading among NEXUS’s robotic legions like a virus.
If the Ecotroz-Shemar were somehow to make their way to the Splicer world, they too could infect the NEXUS robots in a fashion similar to how they ‘corrupt’ and convert robots on Rifts Earth. In this case, the converted robots would be more likely to assume a loyalty to the Shemar first, and follow the general directives of their culture from the get-go, rather than go solely on the impressions they get from their robot bodies.
NEXUS will still be able to take over Ecotroz-infected machines(but not alien machines like the Ecotroz-Shemar), in a battle of wills, but such a fight is likely to result more often in the destruction of the ‘bot in the process. Even if successful, NEXUS will be unable to learn anything about why the ‘bot behaved as it did, where it went, and who it dealt with, as most of that information would be contained in the Ecotrozs’ psionic component.
Once the Ecotroz manage to spend some time customizing their new bodies and cutting out communications and systems overrides used by NEXUS to take control, the threat of takeover is removed.
It is possible that an independent Ecotroz presence among the NEXUS’bots might eventually become friendly to Humanity, but Humans are unlikely to be easily convinced of the truth of that friendship. An Ecotroz-Slicer’bot is NOT going to be regarded as very trustworthy, no matter WHAT it says.
The Ecotroz CANNOT convert any of the sub-personalities of NEXUS.

Example: Honest 1110111
‘Honest 1110111’(but he also goes by ‘Bob’) is an artifical intelligence mated to a large hover utility vehicle that is both his body and his mobile place of business. ‘He’ is an itinerant mechanic by trade, hailing from an unknown alien world where it’s presumed he was built(he has little to say about his origins). He is a more than competent mechanic, honest as claimed, straightfoward, and cooly to the point, though the longer one associates with him, the more friendly and ‘human’ his personality becomes.
Splicers Humans would be shocked to observe Honest 1110111; he’s a NEXUS Repair Barge, but one infected by Ecotroz-Shemar. How that came to be, 1110111 ain’t saying. Honest 1110111 is the ‘protege’ of the Spinster Calia ‘Lefty’ Sinestra, who repaired and converted him(of his conversion, Honest 1110111 only says that ‘the Goddess(Shemar) is a much better boss than the gang of witches I used to work for’). Though nominally still part of the Ghost Rider Clan as a NeShemar, Honest 1110111 has been allowed to strike out on his own as a freelance mechanic, in part to gather information and cultivate contacts useful to the Ecotroz-Shemar.
Honest 1110111 is most often found in Phaseworld’s Center, typically hanging around Naruni’s Robot Arena on Level Four, where he manages Team Shemar, a robot racing team, and does repair work for a fee. His team consists of Troya Sinestra-Steelbender( second-generation Spinster and Progen-daughter of Calia Sinestra), Amee and Tana(identical twin NeShemar acting as technicians, security, and ‘race queens’), Klaus Rynochec(partial-conversion cyborg ex-NGR robot pilot and the crew’s test pilot), Alco Kanne( a Kremin cyborg, who doubles as a pilot and security), Zu Blackrunner and Eng Metalhunter(two Ecotroz-Re’mar who often scrounge the lower levels of Center looking for interesting salvage), three NG light labor drones, and Busbee(an ex-Mechanoid Hunter-Killer Probe who acts as security and as a mobile observation platform during races). Honest 1110111’s ‘small’ shop(though large enough to accommodate the 80-ft long robot) also acts as a temporary residence/safe house for any Ecotroz-Shemar(and affiliates) passing through Center.

Overall? The SSN might regard NEXUS as being just as, and perhaps even more, evil as the Dark One/ARCHIE-3. X-3 was out for DOMINANCE, while NEXUS is out to enslave and ultimately EXTERMINATE, depending on which personality is in charge. In fact, NEXUS might be the sort of enemy the Ecotroz and ARCHIE might set aside their differences, at least temporarily, to fight as a common enemy(though the circumstances would HAVE to be unusual/desperate). At the very least the SSN would see NEXUS as an mad machine intelligence that needed to be contained and curbed, especially before it takes nanotech to more extreme heights of nastiness.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and remember; just because the E-Shemarr may not be hostile to humae (humans) and other organics, doesn't mean they are your FRIEND automatically.
Okay, so the Ghost-Rider like nifty code and gadgets and are willing to trade and do "cultural media exchange", the Sapphire-Cobra are willing to let you sit in or even join a "dance" or two and the Hawkmoon are all-in-all tollerant and accepting...the majority of the other tribes may be more inclined to just K/O a human who is where they shouldn't be and then drop 'em off in a remote place with half their memories erased and their auto-mapper wiped clean of the last weeks travel.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

...and maybe a barcode or two tattoo'ed in an less-than-obvious place... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-bump-

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Getting closer to more posts, almost finished with the stats on the latest round of Warmounts...starting the pictures. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I've got half of a new elite stated. Then another elite to work on.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I've got half of a new elite stated. Then another elite to work on.

The work continues. The Nation grows. :D 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"Exxxxxxcellllllent..."
Meanwhile I'm gonna hurl the crew face first back into the UN-civil war and deal with a few more clues as to who / what is behind it. ;)
Plus I really should bring Ava back in again... that lady is just far too much FUN.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:"Exxxxxxcellllllent..."
Meanwhile I'm gonna hurl the crew face first back into the UN-civil war and deal with a few more clues as to who / what is behind it. ;)
Plus I really should bring Ava back in again... that lady is just far too much FUN.

You're welcome. She was fun to create. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

Sadly, I'm going to have to leave the "Twins" from the Sapphire Cobra over in the Tri-Gal for the moment... otherwise Timey-Wimey-Fiddle-Fiddle-BOOM may occour. :shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Sadly, I'm going to have to leave the "Twins" from the Sapphire Cobra over in the Tri-Gal for the moment... otherwise Timey-Wimey-Fiddle-Fiddle-BOOM may occour. :shock:

Paradox Play?
"OHMIGOD! I'M MY OWN GRANDFATHER!!!!"
Rifts Rednecks, now with temporal genetics.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-46 Aquilon Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘Airray’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img385_zps0c26296c.jpg

“Even a sting can hurt. A swarm can kill.”

“The smallest of knives can strike the deepest of wounds if it is aimed right, at the right moment, when the target least expects it.”
---Cavalus Shadowbite, Darkwaters Male Scout

The Aquilon is a light air/sea hover warmount developed originally by the Darkwaters Tribe, but has since appeared in at least three other Tribes, the Hawkmoons, Wayfinders and the Horrorwoods.
The Aquilon is rumored to be based on a pre-Rifts Earth design study by an Adam Scot for a manta ray-shaped aquatic robot for lifeguard duty around the waters of England and Australia. The open-backed robotic submersible was intended to patrol hazardous waters, responding to swimmers in distress by surfacing under them, cradling them in a central stretcher and carrying them to safety. Other design influences have included TW wingboards and the Mechanoids’ ‘skimmer’ robots. The Shemarrians have taken these basic concepts and combined them with more sophisticated technology and Ecotroz Awakening into a much more capable and versatile light Warmount able to both fly and swim with the best of them.
The Aquilon has a flat, broad, manta ray design, with a crescent-shaped body plan, twin eye-booms protruding from the leading edge of the body-wing, and a pointed tail. The design influence of the Mechanoid Skimmer can be seen in a pair of robotic claws tucked into the underside of the body. The pilot lies prone in a shallow cavity on the topside of the body(if acting autonomously as a stretcher-bearer, the Aquilon can carry a single patient, supine, in this cavity). Though normally open to the elements, the cavity can be covered by a light weather enclosure(30 MDC).
The Aquilon flies by the use of a small, but powerful, antigravity system and propulsion jets. Underwater, the Aquilon uses powerful hydrojets.
The Aquilon isn’t well-armed or armored, and is intended mainly as a scout or fast raider, relying on its speed and agility to escape damage.
EcoS-K-46s are frequently deployed in numbers, with a manned leader often riding herd over a hunting pack of semiautonomous ones. True to their original design, many serve as stretcher-bearers, carrying damaged Shemarrians and injured NeShemar back to the Healers, while others serve as light pack-animals, carrying small cargo loads to and fro. Occasionally, the Shemarrians may set ‘bloodhound’ packs to track down fugitives, apprehend and stun them, and carry them back to the Shemarrians.
The Aquilon first appeared in the ranks of the Darkwaters. Being an aerial Warmount, it immediately garnered the attention of the Hawkmoons, who acquired the Assembly Forge Templates for it from the Darkwaters, and the type has begun showing up in the ranks of the Hawkmoons’ own aerial stables. Because of its many handling similarities to TW wingboards, the Wayfinders also adopted the design. Finally, the Horrorwoods, sharing amphibious operations command with the Darkwaters, have begun ‘breeding’ Aquilons in their own Assembly Forges and distributing them to their scouts.

Type: EcoS-K-46 Aquilon
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Eyeball Lasers(2) each
Legs(2) 36 each
Height: 3 ft
Width: 20 ft
Length: 14 ft
Weight: 2,500 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 22
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) Can only crawl along at roughly 2 MPH on its leg claws.
(Flying) Hover to 650 MPH, maximum altitude of 10,000 ft
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) 70 MPH, maximum depth of 10,000 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Sonar---Because of its amphibious nature, the Aquilon sports a small sonar array(8 mile range).

*’Lamprey Pad’----This is a molecular adhesion pad on the underside of the Warmount that allows it to secure itself to a larger object, such as a submarine or starship, or stick a cargo pannier to its bottom.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Aquilon have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1)Optical Lasers(2) ---Standard robotic combination optical sensors/lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Ion Shock Cannon---This is a multimode weapon that puts the ‘sting’ and the ‘ray’ in ‘stingray’. This weapon provides a range of capabilities, from a painful stun to armor-smashing megadamage strike.
Range:(Ion Beam Mode) 1,700 ft
(SDC Beam) 2,000 ft
(Ion Bolt Mode) 3,000 ft
(Lightning Zapper Mode) 500 ft
(Shock-Zap Mode) 1-3 ft
Damage:(Ion Beam Mode) 4d6+2 MD per single shot
(SDC Beam)1d6 SDC shock-burn. Plus, victims must make a save of 14 or better, or be -8 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2d6 melees. A savings throw versus non-lethal poison means the person is unimpaired. 25% chance of knocking out unshielded cybernetics for 1d4 melees, and a 75% chance of permanently frying nanotech devices(like Armor-dissolving nanites or RMK/IRMSS systems).
(Ion Bolt Mode) 2d4 MD to 5 ft radius, 55% chance of knocking out unshielded cybernetics for 1d4 melees.
(Lightning Zapper Mode) Does stun damage similar to SDC beam through metal armor and light power armor.
On an unmodified roll of 18-20, it causes unshielded BIONICS and robots to spasm for 1d4 melees(Cyborg is at HALF bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, roll, and is -3 to initiative. Reduce speed by HALF).
This weapon does 1d4x10 EMP damage(no physical damage) to a 10 ft radius. The resulting percentage of the target location MDC is the chance of shutdown/disablement. All damage is cumulative. Damage in excess of 50% target MDC will require repair to make it functional; 75% or more damage will require replacement of the entire electrical system. Does double damage to non-shielded civilian systems. Bionics are -1 to dodge, roll, and strike for the affected limb/system, lasting 1d4 melees, non-cumulative, before the system resets itself.
(Shock-Zap Mode) Similar to a Shock Rod; 5d6 SDC, plus 55% chance of stunning humans, d-bees, and small animals for 1d4 melees, 15% against large or inhumanly powerful beings. Cumulative effects same as for Electro-Stunner(see pg 50 of Coalition: Lone Star).
Rate of Fire:(Ion Beam Mode) ECHH
(SDC Beam) ECHH
(Ion Bolt Mode) Four times per melee
(Lightning Zapper Mode) Can fire only one Zap every melee(takes fifteen seconds to power up)
(Shock-Zap Mode) ECHH

3) Wingblades(2)----The leading edge of each wing sports a retractable vibroblade. These blades can be used for ramming and sideswipe attacks, but they are more often used to clear foliage and obstructions from the Aquilon’s flight path.
Range: Melee
Damage: +2d6 MD to a sideswipe or ram

4)(Optional) Underwing Hardpoints----Additional ordnance can be mounted under the wings, albeit at the cost of drag and a reduction in speed

5)(Optional) Articulated Tail Blade---The Aquilon can be fitted with an articulated tail roughly 11 ft long, with 50 MDC, and sporting a vibroblade at the end. It is flexible enough to strike both above and below the Aquilon’s body. Roughly 30% of Aquilons sport this addition; the others feel the extra length and drag(-10% to maximum speed) substantially curtails the Aquilon’s greatest defense, its speed and agility.
Range: 11 ft (Melee)
Damage: 3d6 MD on a stab or slash

6)(Optional) Weapons Clamps(2)---A Shemarrian warrior can mount her ranged weapons in clamps on either side of her prone body, and remotely fire them in a fixed-forward position.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the same programming as for the Monst-rex and Monst-crane, plus the following:
Underwater Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Track and Hunt Sea Animals 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience)(for maneuvering purposes).

The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Aquilon intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3 underwater, +7 in flight
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Pull +2
Restrained Punch 2d6+7 SDC
Full Strength Punch/Claw 1d6 MD
Flying Ram/Wing Swipe 2d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Aquilon an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Aquilon is quiet, patient, and steadfastly loyal, especially to its rider. It works very well in packs and autonomously, and can be characterized as having a crow-like personality; cunning and perceptive, and flock-oriented.
In addition to other Ecotroz characteristics, the Aquilon has the following psionics, at NO ISP cost:
-Sixth Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Chameleon Holo-Camouflage---Projects a false image about the machine, and also allows it to mimic its surroundings, similar to Naruni Enterprises invisibility cloaking. The Holo-Optical camouflage is a favorite of the Male scouts, especially if they have to lie still(or doggo’) for long periods of time.
Bonuses: -30% for others to detect, +5% to prowl. Effectively invisible to infrared and thermal emissions

Variants:
*EcoS-K-46F---’Feral’ variant, dressed up with a rubbery faux-flesh covering and more flexible wings. This variant has 50% less MDC and retains only the eyeball lasers.

*EcoS-K-46Dw---Space-adapted version with more powerful thrusters(Mach 3 in space) and a fully enclosed cockpit canopy(80 MDC). The K-46Dw also has enhanced ‘black body’ characteristics(20% chance of being spotted by radar, infrared, or thermal imaging systems. It is also unusually quiet, courtesy of sound muffling, and has NO prowl penalty based on sound) and an integral EW suite similar to the Male Shemarrians’ own:
-EW Jamming System---A more sophisticated version of the ‘black box’ system used on the Bandito Arms ‘Wild Weasel’ SAMAS. This system has a 01-80% chance of jamming all civilian band communications, and a 01-70% chance of jamming military bands within its 3 mile radius of effect
The target jamming aspect of this system means that in automatic mode missiles and sensor-guided weapons systems are normally -2 to strike the power armor. If the pilot chooses to devote an APM to defense per attack, he or she, using their Electronic Countermeasures skill, can raise that to -6 for a volley, or -9 if they elect to focus their efforts on one missile/weapon for that action.

-Electronic Cloak:
In the alternative, the system can be used as an electronic cloak, to mask the armor from detection, by creating enough backscatter and sensor ‘fuzz’ to mask the exact location and nature of the intruder. A sharp enemy EW officer will know that something is out there, but he just won’t be able to tell the WHAT and the WHERE. This system is essentially a scaled-up version of the Juicer ‘Scrambler’ electronic cloakers, powered up and improved to shield the larger and more complicated(in terms of sensor signature) power armor.
Under the protection of the Cloak, the Warmount has only a 20% chance of being detected by standard thermal optics, motion detectors, and radar. Laser targeting systems have NO bonuses(lose lock-on), and missiles are -2 to strike(Conventional jamming CANNOT be activated simultaneously with this...the increased EM ‘noise’ will blow the cloak).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Note to everybody: the Palladium Forums posting engine does not appear to like the phrase 'e-y-e lasers'(go ahead, try posting it without the hyphens), though 'eyeball lasers' seems to slip through.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Could you update the codex? Oh and nice new warmount.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Sweet cyber-beast... weird about the 'E.L.' being filtered. I think the forum engine has popped a few bytes along the way; OR the sysadmin was on drugs.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Could you update the codex? Oh and nice new warmount.

Aquilon removed from WIP status.
Only 54 more Warmounts to go before we make one hundred. ;) :D :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Picture of the Aquilon now up.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Tylax the mink; "But why burn the rum!?"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Tylax the mink; "But why burn the rum!?"

I think she runs on a more potent form of alcohol fuel..... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

4000 proof high-octane. :ok: :nuke:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

4000 proof high-octane. :ok: :nuke:

Shemarrian Moonshine...part wood alcohol, part kerosene, and a few 'special' ingredients. Drink fast before it volatizes and ignites.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

‘Yashi’ TekTree
(aka ‘Cyrad’, ‘Nang’,’Nag-Tani’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Terror-Treemg372_zpsd0ec42aa.jpg

She remembers little of what happened; only bright hot light and attendant agony, softened only by the black comfort of unconsciousness, broken by rude awakening back into pain. Yet somehow she gets the impression of movement, of being CARRIED, each sway and jolt sending fresh waves of suffering through what she realizes with a growing coldness of heart, must be a grievously injured body. She regains a semblance of consciousness with the awareness of being set down on the ground. What little she can see through swollen eyes suggests a low darkness hanging over her, constant movement in her fogged vision making her dizzy and sick. She would scream from agony and embarrassment if she could as what remains of her clothing is quickly stripped from her, in the process taking swaths of burnt skin and strands of charred flesh with it.
She feels her shattered body lifted, pushed up against something. What little feeling she still has in her limbs registers discomfort as thorns poke her skin, bindings wrap around her arms, legs, and torso, holding her up. She would protest at this treatment, but she is too weak to even lift her head; that is done for her as more windings go around her head and her neck. All over she feels the indignity of more prickers biting into her abused skin. There is a momentary choking sensation as something finds her lips, invades her mouth, forcing itself in and down her throat. Something else, like a hundred little insect bites, stings her at the back of her head in the neck. Her half-open eyes barely make out the sight of tendrils burrowing into her arms and chest like large maggots feasting. She would cry from those half-open eyes if she could at the continued desecration of her body.
Then, unexpectedly, there is a sense of warmth, of an almost wet flowing down over her body that carries the pain away.
“There, there,” a voice seems to coo in her mind. “I’ve just met you and already I love you. And I won’t let anything bad happen to you.”

This creation of the Lost Eclipse is often mistaken for one of ARCHIE-3’s Shemarrian Wryding Trees(See Damon Sutton’s article in Rifter # 53, pgs 35-37). In reality, the Tektree is a wholly artificial entity, the EShemar having discontinued the cruel practice of grafting robotics into living trees.
The Yashi-Tree resembles some sort of mutant mangrove with a thick trunk, large, thick roots, thick twisted branches, and multiple vines. The vines and branches can become manipulatory appendages, and the Tree can actually uproot itself and walk, albeit slowly, from location to location.
The monstrous Tektree is often mistaken by outsiders for an instrument of torture used by the Nightmares. Indeed, the sight of vine-enwrapped beings, many of them only partially intact, trapped among the vines and fronds of the gnarled and twisted tree, would seem to indicate that the tree is some sort of demonic parasitic lifeform draining the life from captured victims.
The reality is that the Tree is really a life support and repair station for the Lost Eclipse. TekTrees are cyber-’living’ factories that gather and refine energy and minerals for use as repairs for both robotic and cyborg Shemar alike. The integral programming of the Yashi Tree is similar to that of the VatFathers’, but the emphasis is primarily on REPAIR and HEALING, rather than RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT.
That having been said, the Tree IS on occasion used to hold and interrogate prisoners, especially those that need medical care or special considerations(such as bio-monitoring during questioning to keep a steady read on the prisoner’s mental and physical state). The use of mental engram readers and drugs to induce prisoners into spilling their secrets is primarily what is responsible for the Yashi-Trees’ reputations as ‘torture trees’.
Other rumors hint that the Yashi-Trees are the female equivalents of the VatFathers and that those female mad geniuses that the Tribe captures are sentenced to a sort of living purgatory trapped inside the Trees. In reality, the core of the Trees are Acolite/Pariahs or certain NeShemar, still in their cyberhumanoid bodies, but merged(the synth-flesh skinned back from their arms and legs) with the Tree. So interlinked, the Acolite becomes the ‘spirit’ of the Tree, and such is considered by many to be the closest to an Elite class for the Acolites. In a true crisis, the core cyberhumanoid can still separate from the Tree and escape, but such an action is a jarring and arguably traumatic experience for the Acolite.
Yashi-TekTrees are NOT combat-rated, though they have heavy armor and have some ability to defend themselves. They have a surprising number of attacks per melee for ‘pacifistic’ members of the Tribes, but given their lack of mobility, the ability to fend off multiple attackers can prove invaluable to their survival. That having been said, they rarely would be left to fend off attackers alone; they are typically stationed in major Shemarrian facilities or secret enclaves with plenty of potential defenders and defenses nearby. They often play host to retinues of smaller robots(such as ‘Chitterlings’) that serve as both assistant laborers and bodyguard contingents. They most often work in conjunction with Tribal Tinkers and Seeresses.
First seen with the Lost Eclipse, the Yashi-Tektree has since been adopted by the Horrorwoods Tribe and the Wayfinders have evinced an interest in them as well. It is not known if any other Tribes have adopted the caste-class design.

-Another few minutes and the plague would have completely corrupted their immune systems. At that point the only solace you could offer them would be death. As is I have had to use a modified Vada-nanite program to remedy the situation. They will be changed from what they once were, but they will still be themselves, not mindless distort-zombies.-
“So it IS a xeno-mutagen doing this?”
-A form of viral nanotech affecting biological systems. It has made an attempt to convert me as well.-
(Indication of worry)“Should we be concerned?”
(Shades of smugness) -Not at all. For all its effects, the mutagen is stupid and unsophisticated. It is no match for a true warrior of life. I have defeated it easily. -

Type: Shemar
Class: Robot Cyberoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Vine-Tentacles(many) 5 each
Branch- Arms(10-12) 100 each
Vibro-Blade Branches(20) 50 each
Spines(20-40) 50 each
Leaf Canopy* 1d6x100
Root-Legs(8) 120 each
Main Body 800

*The Leaf Canopy effectively acts as Splinter Armor for attacks from above; effective Armor Rating of 14; if an attack’s ‘To-Strike’ roll exceeds that, the magic attack bypasses the shielding altogether and strikes the main body of the target. However, it still has some effectiveness as defeating missile attacks; on a ‘To Strike’ roll of 6-7, Armor-Piercing missiles bash themselves on the obstructing leaves, doing only 1d4 MD, and on a 8-10, do only HALF damage due to premature detonation or redirect of their kinetic force.

Height: 30-40 feet
Width: 9-12 ft feet trunk diameter, branches can spread out as far as 35 ft
Length: 9-12 feet trunk diameter, branches can spread out as far as 35 ft
Weight: 10 tons.
Power System: Nuclear, supplemented by solar and wind power.
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 35, PP. 24,.
Cargo: Only what can be held and concealed in the branches. Also has several (1d6) concealed compartments in the truck(roughly equivalent to cyborg chest compartments).
Speed:
Running: Can ponderously walk along at about 5 MPH
Jumping: Not possible
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Has no problems crawling along the bottom at a slow 3 MPH, but cannot swim.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Molecular Analyzer---The Tek-Tree constantly samples the air, soil, and other materials brought near for chemical analysis. Also useful for detecting forest fires.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that is now standard through the reformed Shemarrian Nation. Those in the Tektrees are juiced up, not only to repair the Cyrad herself, but to also repair those attached to her. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 300 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*ManufacTree Systems----The Yashi-Tektree has the capability to manufacture repair nanites(both MDC repair and SDC medical nanites).
The same systems also draw water, nutrients, and minerals through root tendrils(that can extend as far as 150 ft).
If well-fed with minerals, the Tree can manufacture the equivalent of 10 IRMSS or RMK kits an hour. It can also create and refine basic drugs and chemicals(the equiavlent of 15 doses of aspirin or 10 gallons of antiseptic an hour) , delivering them in plastic ‘fruits’ hanging from its branches.

*Water Filtration---The Yashi-Tree can draw and purify water through its root system, and deliver it in plastic ‘fruits’ hanging from its branches. It can process up to 80 gallons an hour in this manner.

*Stabilization Bore-Pylons----Inspired by the Glitterboy’s laser-drill leg pylons, only each root-leg can extend a laser-pylon down 20 ft, firmly anchoring the Tree against all but the most catastrophic winds and shockwaves.

*Nanobot Repair/Injection Systems----The Yashi-Tree can inject SDC or MDC repair nanites into patients. Typically has 60 doses of each type on hand at any one time.

*Somatic Restraints---Prisoners and aggressive patients can be held by somatic restraints(vine-tentacles) with a Robotic PS equivalent of 30.

*Life Support Systems---Those attached to the TekTree can be intubated and connected to the equivalent of a full cyborg life support system, including heart-lung machine, IV feeding, and dialysis. Depending on the degree of care necessary, up to six patients can be handled at a time.

*Concealed Surgical Suite----The vines and branches of the Yashi-Tektree conceal an array of medical tools the equal of any good emergency room.

*Leaf Cocoon----This is simply wrapping a patient or prisoner in a sheath of megadamage plastic fabric(leaves). The cocoon has 1d4x10 MD.

*Molecular Reconstruction---TheYashi-Tree can ‘decay’(using a combination of mechanical, chemical and nanotechnological means) materials to be re-used, absorbing them for the use of the internal manufactories. See the ‘Rust’ Faux Magic for the recycling of MDC materials and metals.

*Holographic Projection System---The bark and leaves of the Yashi-Tree conceal a holographic projection system that can be used to distort the outlines of the Tree, project data to audiences, or produce a virtual avatar of the Tree’s central intelligence(usually a glowing face or nymph-like humanoid). Effective range of 60 ft.

Weapons Systems:
1) Utility Lasers(10)---These are variable mode tool lasers that can act as laser scalpels, welders, cutters, and, at higher power levels and focus-strength, laser blasters.
Range: 1 ft to 300 ft
Damage:(SDC) 1d6-3d6 SDC
(MD) 1d4-3d6 MD

2) Vibro-Cutters(20)---Razor-edged branches that can slice and dice.
Damage: 1d4 MD per blade

3) Spines(20-40)---Similar to those mounted on the original Monstrex Warmounts, these articulated and sharpened branches can stab with great force. They are often inlaid with real wood for use against supernatural creatures vulnerable to such.
Damage: 1d6 MD on a thrust

4) Chemical Spray System---Concealed sprayers in the branches and trunk can dispense a variety of different chemicals, usually sedatives, irritants, or fire retardants.
Range: 100 ft
Damage: Varies by chemical; typically uses tear gas/mace-like agents, soporifics, or anti-laser aerosols.
Payload: 100 doses of up to 10 different chemicals

5) Leaf Shuriken---In extreme situations, the Yashi-Tree can hurl sharpened metal or hard plastic leaf-blades at opponents, typically as a distraction.
Range: 80 ft
Damage: 1d4 SD or 1d4 MD
Rate of Fire: ECHH, and can be ‘thrown’ in batches of 1-10
Payload: 50-60, and the Yashi-Tree can regrow them at a rate of 10 per hour for SDC blades, or 1 per hour for MD blades.

6) Optional Use of Handheld Weaponry---It’s rarely done, but if absolutely necessary, the Yashi-Tree can use its arm-branches to pick up and use handheld weapons, using the core EShemar’s relevant W.P. skills. One very lucky(or unlucky) Splugorth raiding party that had managed to stumble across a Lost Eclipse staging camp with its guard down was treated to the horrifying sight of a giant tree shooting at them with several rail guns caught up in its branches(the raiding party was completely obliterated with no survivors).

7)(False Magic)---Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems, the Yashi can seemingly cast various spells. Rather than use a PPE generator and technowizardry system, most Yashis use technological systems, cunningly formatted to look like magic(though rumored Wayfinder Yashis are said to have ACTUAL magic, especially those who were Elemental Warlocks or Elemental Fusionists in their ‘first’ lives).

*Befuddle---A directed sonic effect, caused by ultra low frequency noises that affect the inner ear of most beings. Those caught in the area of effect must save vs non-lethal poison(16 or better) or be come increasingly dizzy and disoriented; -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, HALF APMs, and -15% to skills. Beings with acute hearing suffer DOUBLE these penalties. Range is 80 ft and covers a 25 ft wide area. Those with hearing protection(or without audio hearing) are unaffected.

*Summon and Control Insects---What look like a swarm of 1d4x100 gnats summoned by the Yashi Tree are really the flying equivalent of RMK button drones. The tiny robots can do little other than buzz around, land on objects and people, and generally behave as pests. They can bite, but their bite does no real damage and is more like a horsefly’s stinging bite(though some Yashis have experimented with envenoming the bite). They can land on targets and act as tags(show up as passive reflectors to an active radio ‘ping’). Have a flying speed of 20, and a battery life of 20 minutes before needing to land on the Yashi Tree and recharge via induction. Other variants include ‘fireflies’ with LEDs, ‘squitos’ with blood-drawing capability(does minimal damage, but can acquire blood samples), and ‘buzzers’ which emit a harsh buzzing sound.

*Windrush----Actually accomplished through high-pressure air fans hidden in the branches.
Range: 100 ft
Damage: 1d4 SDC on impact, and roll an 18 or better or be knocked off one’s feet 1d4x10 ft downwind. Lose initiative and 2 APMs getting back up. Even on a successful save, the targets will be unable to advance advance against the wind blast. Characters of 300 lbs weight or heavier have only a 45% chance of being knocked down, but will have trouble making headway(reduce speed by HALF). Small light objects may be scattered up to 150 ft away.

*Extinguish Flames---With a wave of its branches the Yashi-Tree can cause flames in its vicinity to go out. In reality, this is nothing more than a concealed fire extinguisher, pumping out a colorless, odorless, inert gas that suffocates combustion. This is a separate system from the aforementioned chemical sprayer network. Range of 80 ft, 100 applications.

*(False Magic) Rust---This is simply the application of specialized nanites that break apart metal, same as the metal-dissolver nanites used in Japan. This is part of the Yashi-Tree’s mineral absorption system for reducing scavenged materials and recucling them.
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 10 ft square area
Damage: Reduces the MDC of metal-based body armors and light power armors by HALF, heavy power armors and light vehicles by 30%, and heavy robots and vehicles by 10%. Damage takes 4 melees/1 minute, and is obvious by acute discoloration and flaking of the armor. Other effects identical to those of the Japanese nanites(which they were probably based on to begin with).
Payload: 100 applications

*Create Leaf Armor---This is really just the rapid weaving of light megadamage plastic fronds into crude(non-EBA) armor akin to a tunic, poncho, or cape. These suits have weigh about 5-10 lbs and have 1d4x10 MD, and typically have no to -5% prowl/movement penalty. It takes the Yashi-Tree about 1d6 melees to weave a suit around a cooperative recipient. Each use of this power subtracts MDC from the Leaf Canopy until it is regenerated.

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian (Pariah) skill programs, plus:
Medical Doctor 85%*
Cybernetic Medicine 85%*
Botany 85%*
Biology 85%*
Robot Mechanics 85%*
Nanotechnology 85%*
Recycle 85%*
Mechanical Engineer 85%*
Chemistry 85%*
Artificial Intelligence 80%*

(*plus any I.Q. bonuses)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 10
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 2
Dodge : No Dodge
Parry +6
Strike +4 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +1
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +2
Entangle +6
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Slap with Tentacle 6d6 SDC
Constrict with Tentacle 1d4 MD
Slap with Branch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch w/ Large Branch 1d6 MD
Power Punch w/ Large Branch(2 APM) 3d4 MD
Stab with Spike Branch 1d6 MD
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Repair shop/hospital trees, that will work.

What is the Celestar Elite?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Repair shop/hospital trees, that will work.

The Celestar is going to be a cross between a Prism Warrior and a Celestial....Big crystal wings and laser absorption/reflection capabilities.
The art for it's going to take some time.
Art for the Yashi-Tree should be up by next Tuesday. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Repair shop/hospital trees, that will work.

The Celestar is going to be a cross between a Prism Warrior and a Celestial....Big crystal wings and laser absorption/reflection capabilities.
The art for it's going to take some time.
Art for the Yashi-Tree should be up by next Tuesday. :bandit:

Looking forwards to seeing the gestalt between the Hawkmoon & Silvermoon :D :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Meanwhile....

"EX-TERM-IN-NATE! EX-TERM-IN-NATE! EX-TERM-IN-NATE!"
"Oh, do take that thing off your head, Sister Foemocker!"
"Why? I AM A DAL-LEK!"
"Because you look and sound stupid, that's why." :roll:
"Oh, all right...." :(
(male voice)"What do you want me to do with this, Sister Doombringer?"
"Empty it out, cut out the damaged midsection, and we can use the bottom as a wastebasket. The rest? Slop them out, feed them to the Warmounts."
"Okay" #Flumph"*plop*
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:Meanwhile....

"Why? I AM A DAL-LEK!"
"Empty it out, cut out the damaged midsection, and we can use the bottom as a wastebasket. The rest? Slop them out, feed them to the Warmounts."
"Okay" #Flumph"*plop*

i think the second Empire might get along pretty well with the EShemar tribes.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:[

The Daleks seem to have a love of lava-lamps.... :lol:

And I love the Ultramarine Daleks in the WH40K shoutout... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

glitterboy2098 wrote:

"Why? I AM A DAL-LEK!"
"Okay" #Flumph"*plop*

The page doesn't work for me..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

"Why? I AM A DAL-LEK!"
"Okay" #Flumph"*plop*

The page doesn't work for me..

Worked for me last night...now it doesn't...Try googling 'Second Empire, Daleks'....maybe it's at their end.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

The Golden Emperor's ship blowing up Xenol's HQ?
Ye gods, but that's killing two parodies with one shot in one picture. Priceless.... :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i love the current page of the comic. "he would have to be insane to detonate that thing in here"

..that commander doesn't know Science Officer Yttral very well, does he?

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:i love the current page of the comic. "he would have to be insane to detonate that thing in here"

..that commander doesn't know Science Officer Yttral very well, does he?

Yeah...when you see the words 'atomic' and 'mine' in a webcomic, you just KNOW what's going to happen...It's Chekov's Nuclear Artillery Piece. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I need to get my butt in gear and finish the two elites I've got going right now. One is mostly just finishing a few stats and coming up with another feature. The other is still just concept of idea and list of basic abilities.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I need to get my butt in gear and finish the two elites I've got going right now. One is mostly just finishing a few stats and coming up with another feature. The other is still just concept of idea and list of basic abilities.

No worries, 'mate, fine wine and cheese take time, and even the Spitfire and P-51 Mustang had long development times before the iconic war-winning designs finally emerged.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:I need to get my butt in gear and finish the two elites I've got going right now. One is mostly just finishing a few stats and coming up with another feature. The other is still just concept of idea and list of basic abilities.

No worries, 'mate, fine wine and cheese take time, and even the Spitfire and P-51 Mustang had long development times before the iconic war-winning designs finally emerged.

True true. I also gotta find the previously established equipment that has the stats I need for a few items, so when I have time to sit and hunt, I can get 50 to 75% of what's left of the one done.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

True true. I also gotta find the previously established equipment that has the stats I need for a few items, so when I have time to sit and hunt, I can get 50 to 75% of what's left of the one done.

Yep, it's nice to have a body of established components and stock parts you can pull from, which allows you to focus on the new stuff. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Included here is the Wraith-Squad; named after famous female soldiers / warriors or just general kick-a$$ women in vid-games & movies. :D

The Wraith-Squad.
-War-Chefiteness: Kusanagi Motoko of the Lance (purple haired and speaks like she's reading from a grocery list even in the middle of pitched combat.)
-Co-Leader: Duenen Minion-Slayer (Blonde haired and rather excitable...cocky and boastful, but she really IS that good.)
-Warrior: Trudy Rayne (Raven-haired and wears a long pontail, speaks with a california hispanic accent. Tends to get shot-up a lot by being in the vanguard postion [by choice].)
-Warrior: Argentum Vulpæa (White haired, has a eastern European accent [Russian maybe?]. Tends to preffer sniping at targets with a custom rigged Shemarrian rail-lance.)
-Warrior: Vazquez Stormbolt (Black-haired & wears bandana around forehead, also speaks with hispanic accent. Very aggressive and tends to preffer "More Dakka!" in her combat style.)
-Warrior: Jhadia (Lady) (Mismatched eyes [one red, one blue] and tends to be more stand-offish in comparrison to typical Shemarrians. Uses modified SHE-PB20 with; bayonet, grapple-gun w/ whinch & line and single-shot concussion mini-missile tube. Wears a skirt made of E-clip holders. )
Last edited by DhAkael on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Included here is the Wraith-Squad; named after famous female soldiers / warriors or just general kick-a$$ women in vid-games & movies. :D

The Wraith-Squad.. [/i])
[/quote]

Yep....Any enemy with an esoteric knowledge of Terran pop culture is REALLY gonna be confused and shocked by this...up until they get sliced open and blown apart. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

So besides being watched by Interdee and ZOT as a "hazard of value", how would Hoyt get out of his cage, aside form getting over his own depression, remorse, and fear of himself?

Do the Eshemar bring him out on any occasion?

Speaking of which, something that keeps Hoyt occupied is rediscovering the magic/science of the Three Galaxies Elder races.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:So besides being watched by Interdee and ZOT as a "hazard of value", how would Hoyt get out of his cage, aside form getting over his own depression, remorse, and fear of himself?

Speaking of which, something that keeps Hoyt occupied is rediscovering the magic/science of the Three Galaxies Elder races.

They bring him out on Bastille Day. :
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:So besides being watched by Interdee and ZOT as a "hazard of value", how would Hoyt get out of his cage, aside form getting over his own depression, remorse, and fear of himself?

What is that and what role does he serve? It it tag with a orbital sniper or run from the angry raptor ladies?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:
taalismn wrote:

What is that and what role does he serve? It it tag with a orbital sniper or run from the angry raptor ladies?

Sorry; different culture and pop reference...Bastille Day is a French holiday commemorating the storming of the old Bastille Prison in Paris. It's generally regarded as the ignition point of the French Revolution.
In Saturday Night Live's 'The Coneheads' skits, the alien Coneheads pass themselves off as being from France, During a parody of 'Family Feud' when asked by FF's actual host Richard Dawson, Dan Ackroyd, as the Conehead patriarch, answers the question 'Name a National Holiday', "Bastille Day'. Other answers, 'Name something you chew on?' "A trapeze', 'Something you eat with eggs', 'Fiberglass', 'A popular vacation place', 'The moons of Mur".
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Fringe Tribes:
Clan Megalilith

(aka ‘Gia-Striders)

“They...from....depths! Mud oceans do----They follow! They follow! We’re barely holding on! (muffled sounds of banging equipment, heavy activity)-ull retreat from the envirodomes! Main compound is fully in flames, can still see it from here! All surviving mobile units rallying- (crackle of heavy weaponry)-coming closer! (sounds of heavy activity, shouting over vocal membranes) -pov Es’trob attempting...his cruiser....-tract us! Show them no--- (sound of rising engines? Heavy naval weapons fire?)Coming in no---(screech of engines. Sudden concussion)-ssynthyth’s teeth! They’re flying?! Gods of darkness! Pull up! Pull up! (massive explosion) Port engin-(muffled thunder) -it’s ripped away the entire -IT’SCOMING DOWNGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!!!(rolling explosions)”
----Portion of intercepted Splugorth datastream from the Thundercloud Core.

Information on this ‘tribe’ is scant, surprisingly, given the reported dimensions of its members. Fist , and primary, information comes from a number of intercepted communications from a Kydian fleet on a coreward incursion in the Thundercloud Galaxy and their efforts to colonize(settle with slaves and exploit) a heavy-gravity ‘superEarth’-type planet, when they were attacked by ‘giant Shemarrian warriors’. Additional reports are fragmentary, but depict the Splugorth force’s utter annihilation at the hands of their giant opponents. Several blurry images in the datastreams show hints of giant humanoids savaging a Splugorth ground force, as well as a close-up of an insignia showing what appears to be a Shemarrian warrior outlined on a giant claw or paw. Gauging from the Minions’ own hurried estimates and what few visual images show any sort of scale, the giant humanoids that attacked the Splugorth group(s) were in the range of some two hundred human feet tall(or between sixty and eighty meters tall).
The Shemarrians encountered by the Splugorth Core expedition have been dubbed ‘Clan Megalilith’ by the CCW. It is unknown exactly where the planet(or planets; the Splugorth message stream mentions several planets they were invested in when they were hit) the tribe claims are located.
Motif: A dark silhouette of a female Shemarrian warrior superimposed on a giant hand/gauntlet.
Numbers: Unknown; based on the Kydian report anywhere from 50-200 ‘giants’ were identified
Composition: The Kydian reports seem to depict a tribe of fairly standard Shemarrian composition, judging from the ratio of ‘female’ and ‘male’ giants encountered. It is unknown if Clan Megalilith has corresponding castes and which, if any, castes are represented.
Society: Again, scant information hints at a standard Shemarrian arrangement, with females predominant.
Notable Technology:
Obviously Clan MegaLilith’s giant bodies and the means to construct them. Whether they constructed them themselves or with the aide of found xenotechnology is unknown. What can be gleaned from the Splugorth datastream suggests massive armor and flight capabilities akin to the CCW’s Battleram robot, mounting capital starship-class weaponry.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Fringe Tribes:
Clan Megalilith

(aka ‘Gia-Striders)

“They...from....depths! Mud oceans do----They follow! They follow! We’re barely holding on! (muffled sounds of banging equipment, heavy activity)-ull retreat from the envirodomes! Main compound is fully in flames, can still see it from here! All surviving mobile units rallying- (crackle of heavy weaponry)-coming closer! (sounds of heavy activity, shouting over vocal membranes) -pov Es’trob attempting...his cruiser....-tract us! Show them no--- (sound of rising engines? Heavy naval weapons fire?)Coming in no---(screech of engines. Sudden concussion)-ssynthyth’s teeth! They’re flying?! Gods of darkness! Pull up! Pull up! (massive explosion) Port engin-(muffled thunder) -it’s ripped away the entire -IT’SCOMING DOWNGETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!!!(rolling explosions)”
----Portion of intercepted Splugorth datastream from the Thundercloud Core.

Information on this ‘tribe’ is scant, surprisingly, given the reported dimensions of its members. Fist , and primary, information comes from a number of intercepted communications from a Kydian fleet on a coreward incursion in the Thundercloud Galaxy and their efforts to colonize(settle with slaves and exploit) a heavy-gravity ‘superEarth’-type planet, when they were attacked by ‘giant Shemarrian warriors’. Additional reports are fragmentary, but depict the Splugorth force’s utter annihilation at the hands of their giant opponents. Several blurry images in the datastreams show hints of giant humanoids savaging a Splugorth ground force, as well as a close-up of an insignia showing what appears to be a Shemarrian warrior outlined on a giant claw or paw. Gauging from the Minions’ own hurried estimates and what few visual images show any sort of scale, the giant humanoids that attacked the Splugorth group(s) were in the range of some two hundred human feet tall(or between sixty and eighty meters tall).
The Shemarrians encountered by the Splugorth Core expedition have been dubbed ‘Clan Megalilith’ by the CCW. It is unknown exactly where the planet(or planets; the Splugorth message stream mentions several planets they were invested in when they were hit) the tribe claims are located.
Motif: A dark silhouette of a female Shemarrian warrior superimposed on a giant hand/gauntlet.
Numbers: Unknown; based on the Kydian report anywhere from 50-200 ‘giants’ were identified
Composition: The Kydian reports seem to depict a tribe of fairly standard Shemarrian composition, judging from the ratio of ‘female’ and ‘male’ giants encountered. It is unknown if Clan Megalilith has corresponding castes and which, if any, castes are represented.
Society: Again, scant information hints at a standard Shemarrian arrangement, with females predominant.
Notable Technology:
Obviously Clan MegaLilith’s giant bodies and the means to construct them. Whether they constructed them themselves or with the aide of found xenotechnology is unknown. What can be gleaned from the Splugorth datastream suggests massive armor and flight capabilities akin to the CCW’s Battleram robot, mounting capital starship-class weaponry.

Could they be a whole clan formed of, or descendants of Jotun elites? But through Progen or other means, obtain larger sizes or large size for greater times...?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[q

Could they be a whole clan formed of, or descendants of Jotun elites? But through Progen or other means, obtain larger sizes or large size for greater times...?

Or they saw 'Pacific Rim' too many times. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”