Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 am

Adventurer

Axelmania wrote:
Orin J. wrote:
at this point they're held together by being magic. stones come apart, ceases to be a stone pyramid.

would be neat for them to go into detail how one enchants individual SDC bricks to become a collective MDC structure

like if stone masters spend an amount of PPE/time doing so

Caster: "magic, this is a pyramid" Magic: "okay,we work as pyramid"

Caster: *moves a stone block* Magic: "okay pyramid broke we're done, BYE"

magic behaves a little wonky and doesn't really have a reasonable "logic" to it overall. sometimes magic has to be told a bunch of little things are one thing to understand its job, and sometimes magic slaps you in the face for saying several things are one thing.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 am

Adventurer

Comment: They/Them
That pyramids have a MDC total suggests that isn't the case. Given the descriptions of Stone Masters in WB2 and DB15 it seems unlikely that there would even be bricks in a magical pyramid, but stone that is molded into a solid piece for which the smooth appearance of casing stones originally covering Egyptian pyramids were a crude later approximation.

I'd really like to get a look at Rifts:Antartica, to see how Icecraft describes the construction of buildings. I like how most magical construction methods outside of Stone Magic are comparatively ephemeral, which would be useful in limiting the number of ruins left from an Ancient Rifts Earth setting. Crystal and Cloud Magics can't make permanent structures, and Line Drawing only can with a substantial sacrifice. The former two could have a fun house ruled interaction, perhaps lifting a couple of spells from Star Magic or those of the Laser Mage. I waffle, however, on if the Permanency Line Drawing ritual should maybe have a lower cost in a Rifts 15,000 BCE game. I get how having to effectively sacrifice a person to construct a building is in keeping with Precolumbian societies, but wonder if maybe a forgotten, ancient OCC where burned out Line Makers are made into something like a Rune Warrior might be more engaging.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Champion

Orin J. wrote:
Borast wrote:
As several people have said...ensure the ground is stable and able to support the mass of all that stone...and then some!
(A geological engineer would be a great thing! ;))

If you're concerned about people trying to take it over, you can always try to build into a hill... Nothing I can remember says that the pyramid has to be above ground!

what's the cutoff between pyramid and crypt, i wonder?.....

The point you start placing dead bodies in ceremonial niches...ah, screw it...as soon as you start leaving them laying around like dust in the halls! :twisted:
(Unless you're composting... Composting makes it alright! :angel: )

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.