MY first created Race, the Vixen Fox GIrls

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

MY first created Race, the Vixen Fox GIrls

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

This is my first attempt at creating a new race so be gentle 8)

Vixen
By Emerald MoonSilver

The Vixen are a race of geneticially engineered Fox Girls created by the great and perverted Gene Splicer Ataru Moroboshi. His original idea was to create an attractive slave race that could be sold to all that were interested, unfortunately, for him, things did not turn out as planned. The original goal was to create a meek and submissive creature with average intelligence and strength of will at best.
What he got instead was a highly intelligent and strong willed creation with a strong sense of justice and honor. They were still quite cute though.
Before he realized his mistake, the “poor gene slicer” found himself overpowered by almost 150 new Vixens and literally thrown and “zapped”, more on that later, instead his ship’s brig.
Piloting the ship proved to be a problem, the now imprisoned gene splicer refused to help, even when the ship’s warp drive was active and they found themselves hurling through hyperspace towards a familiar looking planet, Rifts Earth to be precise.
The girls managed to active the ship’s teleporter and were beamed to the surface, just outside of the city of Lazlo. The ship itself entered Earth’s atmosphere at roughly mach 20 and eventually struck the ground with such force that a 100 foot deep crater 2000 feet across was formed. The poor gene splicer did not survive.
Over the course of several months the Vixen discovered that they had several innate powers that showed up as they became more experienced in life and their chosen profession. These abilities included flight, energy projection powers, electricity, and psychic healing abilities.
They showed themselves to be quite attracted to human and various demi-human races such as elves. They did tend to be a bit on the jealous side at times. Whoa to those who purposely tried to “cheat on” their Vixen mate or girlfriend. Those who did often had a shocking experience.
In general the Vixen look like anime styled Fox Girls about 14-18 years old. They appear mostly human except for their large eyes which range in color from red to green to silver. They have small fox like ears on the top or their head and a large bushy foxtail behind them. Their hair and tail color ranges from medium orange to dark crimson red.
For those familiar with anime they look like a taller, bustier version of Holo from Spice and Wolf.
Vixen NPC and optional OCC
Alignment: Principled (70%), Scrupulous (30%)
Attributes: I.Q. 3d6, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 3d6+6, P.S. 3d6, P.P. 4d6+6, P.E. 3d6 (Supernatural), P.B. 6d6, Min 20, Remember who created them. And a Speed of 4d6
Size: 5 to 6.5 feet tall.
Weight: None of your business.
Hit Points: P.E. attribute # +10 at first level, and 1d6 per level of experience.
SDC: 35 plus those gained from skills and chosen OCC.
MDC: 10 from flight aura. (see below), and from any armor that would fit a human sized being.
Awe Factor: 12 Too cute for their own good.
P.P.E.: 5d6 plus those gained from a chosen OCC.
I.S.P. 1d6x10, plus those gained from possible chosen P.C.C. All Vixen are major psychic healers with 6 player chosen abilities from the Healing section.
Average Life Span: 85-140 Earth Years. Reaches maturity by age 14. Females give birth to their father’s race 25% of the time and their mother’s race 75% of the time. There is also a 50% chance of the mother giving birth to twin Vixens.
Natural Abilities: Vixens gain special abilities as they gain in levels. These abilities are in addition to any magic or psychic abilities gains from a chosen OCC.
Level 1: The Vixen gains the ability to generate an electrical discharge doing 2d6 MD and 1d6 MD per level of a max of 6d6. Costs 5 I.S.P. per Zap.
Level 3: The Vixen gains the ability to fly at speeds up to 250 M.P.H. for ½ hour or for 6 hours with a cruising speed of 100. Does not cost any I.S.P.
When flying over 100M.P.H. a weak energy fields forms around them to prevent them from being damaged by debris. (10 MD) forcefield.
Level 7: The Vixen gains the ability to fire off a chain lightning skill similar to the Nightbane talent of the same name. The lightning bolt can bounce 4 times striking up to five targets. The first target takes 8d6 MD with each additional target taking 1d6 MD less with the 5th and last target taking 3d6 MD.
All Vixen have superior vision, equal to 20-10 vision in Humans and have night vision out to 300 feet.
Additional Skills:
All Vixen are quite agile and have either Acrobatics or Gymnastics, (Players’ choice), at +15%. General Athletics, and either Running or Swimming skill.
Attacks Per Melee: 2 plus those gained from possible hand to hand skill. Usually 4 to start out with if HTH is taken.
Bonuses: +1 initiative, +2 dodge, +4 to roll with impact.
Psionics: Abilities mentioned earlier plus those from possible Psychic Class.
Magic: None unless a Magic OCC is chosen.
Standard Equipment: Varies depending on what character class is chosen.
Money: None when they left the ship. Lazlo gave them a small amount to establish themselves in town, equal to a few thousand credits and free barracks type lodging until they could support themselves.
Vixen will never consider cybernetics unless necessary for medical treatment. They also have no interest in Juicer or Crazy conversion. Other than that they can any OCC that interests them as longs as it doesn’t violate their sense of justice, IE Alignment.

Warning: Threads viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159258, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159321 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=159326 are a violation of No Conversions rule of the Palladium forums.
taalismn
Priest

Re: MY first created Race, the Vixen Fox GIrls

Unread post by taalismn »

Didn't At'ru Murub'shi realize that Ataru Moroboshi carries a curse on it? Originating from the Takahashian pantheon, with a good dose of Zeus-level electrical attraction thrown in?
Apophis could have told him something about slave races, treatment of, and of the need for good brakes on one's personal starship....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

I have posted an update to the vixen changing somethings and correcting a couple of errors. Hope you all enjoy it.

Vixen
By Emerald MoonSilver

The Vixen are a race of geneticially engineered Fox Girls created by the great and perverted Gene Splicer Ataru Moroboshi. His original idea was to create an attractive slave race that could be sold to all that were interested, unfortunately, for him, things did not turn out as planned. The original goal was to create a meek and submissive creature with average intelligence and strength of will at best.
What he got instead was a highly intelligent and strong willed creation with a strong sense of justice and honor. They were still quite cute though.
Before he realized his mistake, the “poor gene slicer” found himself overpowered by almost 150 new Vixens and literally thrown and “zapped”, more on that later, instead his ship’s brig.
Piloting the ship proved to be a problem, the now imprisoned gene splicer refused to help, even when the ship’s warp drive was active and they found themselves hurling through hyperspace towards a familiar looking planet, Rifts Earth to be precise.
The girls managed to active the ship’s teleporter and were beamed to the surface, just outside of the city of Lazlo. The ship itself entered Earth’s atmosphere at roughly mach 20 and eventually struck the ground with such force that a 100 foot deep crater 2000 feet across was formed. The poor gene splicer did not survive.
Over the course of several months the Vixen discovered that they had several innate powers that showed up as they became more experienced in life and their chosen profession. These abilities included flight, energy projection powers, electricity, and psychic healing abilities.
They showed themselves to be quite attracted to human and various demi-human races such as elves. They did tend to be a bit on the jealous side at times. Whoa to those who purposely tried to “cheat on” their Vixen mate or girlfriend. Those who did often had a shocking experience.
In general the Vixen look like anime styled Fox Girls about 14-18 years old. They appear mostly human except for their large eyes which range in color from red to green to silver. They have small fox like ears on the top or their head and a large bushy foxtail behind them. Their hair and tail color ranges from medium orange to dark crimson red.
For those familiar with anime they look like a taller, bustier version of Holo from Spice and Wolf.
Attributes: I.Q. 4d6, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 3d6+6, P.S. 3d6, P.P. 4d6+6, P.E. 3d6 (Supernatural), P.B. 5d6, Min 20, Remember who created them. And a Speed of 4d6+10
Hit Points: P.E. attribute # +10 at first level, and 1d6 per level of experience.
MDC: 10 from flight aura. (see below), and from any armor that would fit a human sized being.
Awe Factor: 14 Too cute for their own good.
I.S.P. 1d6x10, plus those gained from possible chosen P.C.C. And an additional 1d6 per level. All Vixen are major psychic healers with 6 player chosen abilities from the Healing section.
Average Life Span: 85-140 Earth Years. Reaches maturity by age 14. Females give birth to their father’s race 25% of the time and their mother’s race 75% of the time. There is also a 50% chance of the mother giving birth to twin Vixens.
Natural Abilities: Vixens gain special abilities as they gain in levels. These abilities are in addition to any magic or psychic abilities gains from a chosen OCC.
Level 1: The Vixen gains the ability to generate an electrical discharge doing 2d6 MD and 1d6 MD per level of a max of 6d6. Costs 5 I.S.P. per Zap.
Level 3: The Vixen gains the ability to fly at speeds up to 250 M.P.H. for ½ hour or for 6 hours with a cruising speed of 100. Does not cost any I.S.P.
When flying over 100M.P.H. a weak energy fields forms around them to prevent them from being damaged by debris. (10 MD) forcefield.
Level 7: The Vixen gains the ability to fire off a chain lightning skill similar to the Nightbane talent of the same name. The lightning bolt can bounce 4 times striking up to five targets. The first target takes 8d6 MD with each additional target taking 1d6 MD less with the 5th and last target taking 3d6 MD. Cost: 15 ISP per big zap.
All Vixen have superior vision, equal to 20-10 vision in Humans and have night vision out to 300 feet.
Additional Skills:
All Vixen are quite agile and have either Acrobatics or Gymnastics, (Players’ choice), at +15%. General Athletics, and either Running or Swimming skill.
Attacks Per Melee: 2 plus those gained from possible hand to hand skill. Usually 4 to start out with if HTH is taken.
Money: None when they left the ship. Lazlo gave them a small amount to establish themselves in town, equal to a few thousand credits and free barracks type lodging until they could support themselves.
Vixen will never consider cybernetics unless necessary for medical treatment. They also have no interest in Juicer or Crazy conversion. Other than that they can any OCC that interests them as longs as it doesn’t violate their sense of justice, IE Alignment.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

maybe edit the new post with color to show what you changed....
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Not-a-rogue-scholar
D-Bee
Comment: Rifts, Robotech, and Palladium Fantasy - in that order

Unread post by Not-a-rogue-scholar »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:I have posted an update to the vixen changing somethings and correcting a couple of errors. Hope you all enjoy it.

Vixen
By Emerald MoonSilver

Attributes: I.Q. 4d6, M.E. 4d6, M.A. 3d6+6, P.S. 3d6, P.P. 4d6+6, P.E. 3d6 (Supernatural), P.B. 5d6, Min 20, Remember who created them. And a Speed of 4d6+10
Awe Factor: 14 Too cute for their own good.
I.S.P. 1d6x10, plus those gained from possible chosen P.C.C. And an additional 1d6 per level. All Vixen are major psychic healers with 6 player chosen abilities from the Healing section.
Level 7: The Vixen gains the ability to fire off a chain lightning skill similar to the Nightbane talent of the same name. The lightning bolt can bounce 4 times striking up to five targets. The first target takes 8d6 MD with each additional target taking 1d6 MD less with the 5th and last target taking 3d6 MD. Cost: 15 ISP per big zap.
Additional Skills:

The vixen looks new and fresh.
I drew an unfinished sketch for it. Not sure if the eyes or the tail are what you envisioned. But I added the psi lightning in her left hand. I put an official gun, the wa-30, in her right.

Here is the image:[url][Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/vE2mSF8.png)[/url]
TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

Not-a-rogue-scholar wrote:
I drew an unfinished sketch for it. Not sure if the eyes or the tail are what you envisioned. But I added the psi lightning in her left hand. I put an official gun, the wa-30, in her right.

Awesome work up. I like what you did. Need to keep you on my list if I need to hire an artist.
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)
Not-a-rogue-scholar
D-Bee
Comment: Rifts, Robotech, and Palladium Fantasy - in that order

Unread post by Not-a-rogue-scholar »

TheEvilDM wrote:
Not-a-rogue-scholar wrote:

Awesome work up. I like what you did. Need to keep you on my list if I need to hire an artist.

Glad to render science fiction and or fantasy concepts. Its refreshingly welcome.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

That's a quite nice representation of a cyber-kitsune/kumiho. This site could use an art subforum, perhaps, or at least a thread linking to deviantart pages for artists. I'd be interested in hearing what fields in general interest you, in case I or others are looking to commission people.

The Vixen Fox Girl is a fine representation of a flying electrokinetic RCC to be strapped onto other OCCs in a somewhat higher-powered game. The high PP is likely abusable. Perhaps one could take from the mythological basis referenced above, and have the character gain additional tails upon gaining access to higher-level abilities. Similarly, one could create additional sets of abilities to go along with the electrokinetic set, whereupon the individual track a character has genetic access to is selected upon character creation. Finally, I could see value in making it not as explicitly anime-oriented, since for a lot of us that's a turn off.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Excellent drawing posted above, not quite what I had in mind, but good never the less. The Vixen is in my mind was meant to be a slightly taller version of Holo from the Spice and wolf anime. My next race, to be posted in a couple of days will be based in a Well known cheetah girl from a popular 1980's cartoon. Guess who that is..... :twisted: 8)
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Just thought of a few classes the Vixen could be used for quite well. For psychic classes, a Psi-Druid or Psi-Warrior would work quite well. For non psychic class, given the Vixens dexterity, a Cyber-Knight or special forces character from Rift's Mercenaries would be scarily effective.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

tl;dr: It's too furr-fect.

In terms of the mechanics of what you've created, I don't see any major errors. The write-up is complete enough that one could roll up a character of this type without any issues, and there's nothing in the rules that make your creation impossible. That said, I would not choose to play this or include it in a Rifts game if I were the GM, at least not the way it's written. Part of this is personal preference, but I think there are some thematic inconsistencies between what you've written and what Rifts is generally about.

Let's start with their species' origin story. They're foxes genetically engineered to be sex slaves to rich humanoids with an underage furry fetishes, but they accidentally turned out to be both universally good and super-powered/psionic creatures who managed to overpower a gene-splicer and seize control of his ship. Realizing it was about to crash, they figure out how to use its teleporter and moments before the ship pastes itself into the Earth at mach 20, they pop themselves into Lazlo, one of the only places in the world where they would be welcomed/accepted.

In general, Rifts characters get power at some kind of a cost. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but it's generally true. Even races that have no intrinsic mechanical drawbacks (True Atlanteans, demigods, godlings, dragon hatchlings) tend to have some sort of setting-related disadvantages and enemies in their history. While gene-splicer rules don't demand this, they strongly indicate it, and all gene-splicer creations presented thus far have something about them that's grotesque and/or debilitating, and they tend to be victimized as much as they are empowered.

Your Vixen Fox Girls are universally good, as more beautiful as elves, psionic, and super-powered to boot. They live twice as long as humans, and they can breed with basically any human-ish species. That's half a dozen idealized or special traits without any intrinsic flaws, drawbacks or weaknesses. Races like that in Rifts usually have someone trying to kill/capture them, but these don't. Since their creator was their only enemy and he's dead, and since they conveniently landed in Lazlo, your Vixen Fox Girls have no enemies or nemesis faction trying to hunt them down. Even the Coalition isn't their enemy, since it likely has no idea they exist, and C.S. patrols might think of these as some type of free-born dog boy (which they don't kill on sight, unlike many other creatures).

Now let's look at the mechanics. Their stats are above those of humans except for their P.S., and their P.E. is supernatural. Their average P.P. is 20, which will give them a huge advantage on most combat rolls. It's unusual to have an S.D.C. creature with supernatural P.E., but not against any rules I know of.

They get a big intrinsic S.D.C. bonus over humans. They get a hit point bonus at first level, which is unique. They get extra P.P.E., extra I.S. P., and the nice lower saving throw threshold of a major psionic against psychic attacks (to which you may well add bonuses for high M.E. attributes, since that has a higher base roll too). They get bonuses to initiative, dodge, and roll with impact on top of what their extremely high P.P. gives them.

Then there are the super powers. They get a mega-damage attack for 5 I.S.P., which is cheaper than any other psychic MDC attack other than the Cyber-Knight's psi-sword ability. At level 3, get to fly for 6 hours at a time at no cost and get a free M.D.C. force field to go with it. Why the time limit if it costs them nothing? Do they just need to touch down before starting another 6-hour flight? Does touching down refresh their force field too? This isn't rule-breaking or anything, but it seems very exploitable. Then at Level 7, they can shoot lightning M.D.C. attacks that hit up to five targets in a single strike for 15 I.S.P. This is not too bad for an R.C.C. that's light on skills, but this race can take any O.C.C.!

The ability to take an O.C.C. on top of all these advantages means that you have all the versatility of playing a human or human-ish character with none of the vulnerabilities. This isn't unique or new, but most races that have potent advantages over humans come with some kind of drawback. I see none here.

I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of furries. I like Dog Boys and the mutant animals in Rifts as they're written up: tragic slaves to the Coalition who either buy into their role as anti-supernatural trackers/cannon fodder or rebellious mutants who get more freedom at the price of being an enemy to most of their own kind. I find the concept of sexualized anthropomorphic animals who look like underage teenage girls and who want to mate with men to be distasteful. Setting aside my personal visceral reaction, the inclusion of an "awe factor" of 14 because they're just so "cute" seems wrong to me. Standards of what is "cute" vary widely and cute sights aren't likely to sway one's immediate actions in a "shoot/no shoot" decision moment at the outset of combat.

Mostly, though, I just don't see anything here I could use as a story element in an adventure. Your creations are idyllic creatures in a place perfectly suited to them with no enemies. They have no quirks, no foibles, no personality traits beyond being universally good and fiercely monogamous. They have no history; they just blinked into Lazlo. Even worse, their power and their success seem utterly unearned. They were created in vats and have no O.C.C.'s or skills or experience, yet still they overpowered a Gene-Splicer in his own ship, figured out how to use the teleporter, found the perfect place to land, and teleported there, where they are free to do as they like. How? No idea! What did it cost them to win their freedom? No idea! There's nothing here to build on here, and that's a problem.

Characters and the cultures they come from are compelling not because of their chosen ideals but by how they uphold those ideals in the face of struggle. Your species won its freedom in its infancy at no cost. That's just not interesting to me as a player, GM, or reader. After reading the description of this species, I want to roll up a C.S. dog boy squad dedicated to hunting them down (fox hunting!). I want to roll up a Splugorth minion that enslaves/mutilates them with bio-wizardry. I want to add something to their backstory to make these vixens tragic, threatening, monstrous, insane, or something other than an idealized creation in a world that is supposed to be dark, post-apocalyptic, dystopian setting.

Otherwise, it's fine. I did have a little chuckle over the "Weight: None of your business." line.

P.S. The name is very redundant. A vixen is a girl fox. So calling them "Vixen Fox Girls" is like saying "Hen Chicken Girl" or "Stallion Horse Man." I'd call them "Vixenites" or some variation on the word "Vixen."
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

I see your points hotrod, and I admit that they are more powerful than your average human or elf, my fault really for belonging to the CJ Carella school of character design. :twisted: Compared to the flying cats and battle cats of the South America books, not to mention the meta humans in SA2 I believe or even the new cyber knight zen combat, I think the vixen aren't bad. I am worried now about the new cat race Im creating. The are definitely more "boosted" than the vixen. OH well I'll post them later and see what everyone thinks.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:I see your points hotrod, and I admit that they are more powerful than your average human or elf, my fault really for belonging to the CJ Carella school of character design. :twisted: Compared to the flying cats and battle cats of the South America books, not to mention the meta humans in SA2 I believe or even the new cyber knight zen combat, I think the vixen aren't bad. I am worried now about the new cat race Im creating. The are definitely more "boosted" than the vixen. OH well I'll post them later and see what everyone thinks.

Your creation's power isn't the problem. There are plenty of powerful races in Rifts that I like just fine. There are two problems I see with your creation:

The lack of any kind of drawback, price for their power, tragic flaw, sworn enemies, et cetera is the first problem. You mention CJ Carella and the mutant cats of South America. CJ Carella followed this guideline; his creations weren't always well-balanced against the broader setting, but their power always came with some drawbacks, checks, and threats. The flying cats and battle cats of South America are surrounded by hostile forces, and each performs a specialty role, many of which have serious drawbacks. They have sworn enemies, a caste system with race-defined roles, and a society with a developed history and character.

The sense of un-earned power and position I get as I read it is the second problem. The Vixens won their freedom from a Gene-Splicer as newborns with no skills or experience, apparently because they're just awesome. They figured out how to use an advanced teleportation device without training, skills, or experience, apparently because they're just awesome. They found and selected Lazlo (or just had astronomically good luck) despite never having set foot on Rifts Earth, apparently because they're just awesome. They get awesome stats, psionics, good alignments, and super powers, even though they were designed to be sex slaves, apparently just because they're awesome. Interesting races tend to have some kind of reason for existing and being the way they are. They tend to have some kind of story that explains why they are the way they are. Your Vixen Fox Girls don't. They accidentally turned out to be perfect. That's just not plausible.

On a purely personal level, I'm also creeped out by these being anthropomorphic animals genetically-engineered to be sentient sex slaves who resemble underage teenage girls and who want to mate with men. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are into this kind of thing (furries, anime, and pokemon make up like 85% of DeviantArt and rule 34 is strong with all of them), and I'm not inclined to judge them. I just find the whole concept kind of icky. Even if you addressed the need for some kind of drawbacks and wrote up a rich and more compelling backstory, I probably still wouldn't want to use them.

Still, I hope you found my feedback useful, and I hope to see more creations from you. I would encourage you to try creating some interesting and compelling characters in addition to your new race creations.
Last edited by Hotrod on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I have to agree with Hotrod that as a species, the Vixen-Girls are lacking in a substantial culture. That can be excused by them being artificial beings who are in the process of creating their culture from scratch and using examples around them. Unfortunately, that also raises the issue of how, as an artificial species, did they acquire their grand morals and ethics? Did they have a tutor? Did their creator mentally imprint them with the mental engrams of some paladin whose sense of nobility overpowered whatever loyalty programming was installed in them? Did some god-being interfere with their development(and will be expecting something in return)?

Having created some similar perfect(or TOO perfect) species of my own in the past, it's easy to create a themed species as a platform for superpowers and gloss over the rest because you don't want your charismatic PC and his/her kin to get sqkecked, or wind up producing the next Darth Vader or cosmic Attila the Hun. However, throwing some wrenches in the works, writing some character development, some unfortunate habits, or some twists and dark clouds can add considerable color to a species.

Try looking at some other fan creations: https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68194
There's some good, bad(I'll admit to both of them) and just plain crazy over the years.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are some miss usage of the term OCC in this text, but that is easily corected with editing. You sgould read my coments on your other one also. Before editing this one.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

taalismn wrote:I have to agree with Hotrod that as a species, the Vixen-Girls are lacking in a substantial culture. That can be excused by them being artificial beings who are in the process of creating their culture from scratch and using examples around them. Unfortunately, that also raises the issue of how, as an artificial species, did they acquire their grand morals and ethics? Did they have a tutor? Did their creator mentally imprint them with the mental engrams of some paladin whose sense of nobility overpowered whatever loyalty programming was installed in them? Did some god-being interfere with their development(and will be expecting something in return)?

Having created some similar perfect(or TOO perfect) species of my own in the past, it's easy to create a themed species as a platform for superpowers and gloss over the rest because you don't want your charismatic PC and his/her kin to get sqkecked, or wind up producing the next Darth Vader or cosmic Attila the Hun. However, throwing some wrenches in the works, writing some character development, some unfortunate habits, or some twists and dark clouds can add considerable color to a species.

Try looking at some other fan creations: https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68194
There's some good, bad(I'll admit to both of them) and just plain crazy over the years.

Im working on a new race with a rather long and tragic history, and they even weren't created a perverted gene splicer. :lol:
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Forgot to add earlier...big shock...... that if they vixens choose a scholar and adventurer class, they are eligible for super powers if the d.m. allows it.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Forgot to add earlier...big shock...... that if they vixens choose a scholar and adventurer class, they are eligible for super powers if the d.m. allows it.

You're referring to people born on Rifts Earth having super-powers, per Conversion Book 1, p43. This also includes the specific restriction, "Note: Characters with super abilities can not have psionic powers too." All of your Vixen Fox Girls are psionic. Therefore, no, they aren't eligible. In any case, Between their stats bonuses, and special abilities, they already have the equivalent of 7 minor super powers.

If the GM directs otherwise, of course, you can throw these rules out, but per canon rules, this isn't allowed.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Hotrod wrote:
Emerald MoonSilver wrote:Forgot to add earlier...big shock...... that if they vixens choose a scholar and adventurer class, they are eligible for super powers if the d.m. allows it.

You're referring to people born on Rifts Earth having super-powers, per Conversion Book 1, p43. This also includes the specific restriction, "Note: Characters with super abilities can not have psionic powers too." All of your Vixen Fox Girls are psionic. Therefore, no, they aren't eligible. In any case, Between their stats bonuses, and special abilities, they already have the equivalent of 7 minor super powers.

If the GM directs otherwise, of course, you can throw these rules out, but per canon rules, this isn't allowed.

Good point, I forgot about that. Oh well Ill just create another race I give super powers to. :twisted:

Return to “Rifts®”