What happens to the dog

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mia_Pow
Newb

What happens to the dog

Unread post by Mia_Pow »

If say a player or Npc is a hound master and the hound master is killed or passed away what happens to the dog or dogs, I couldn’t find the rules for this particular instance? Is it basically a judgment call or is there something I’m missing?
Axelmania
Knight

Re: What happens to the dog

Unread post by Axelmania »

They would probably mourn their master, but if they had grown close to other PCs they might still follow you around. Be harder to command, hopefully you have dog skills too.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: What happens to the dog

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i would presume that the dogs would enter another persons care. ideally another hound master. they'd have to be retrained to some degree to recognize their new master, but that should go faster than normal since the really tough bits, the role training, already exists and they just have to adapt to a new human calling the shots.

if no hound master is present in the group or survivor community, i would presume they'd latch onto a non-hound master as far as care goes, probably someone they were already familiar with. but that person wouldn't be able to command them, though some of the behavior might happen anyway due to conditioned responses.

if there are no humans around to take care of them i'd assume they'd wander as a wild pack.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Dead Reign™”