Random Zombie Tables (excel)

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Re: Random Zombie Tables (excel)

Unread post by Xar »

You are my new hero!

Thank you!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I don't see anything there either.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Workbook is in Excel 2007 format, and I unfortunately do not have Excel 2007. Means I can't use it. :(

Assuming you have have office 2003, you can download this office 2007 converter
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I gave it a quick look and I like what I see! It seems you've done a good job.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I like it mucho!!

Will you update it with the new zombies from Dark Places when it comes out?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I like it but I'm getting #VALUE! for all the damage "modifier" areas even when the zombie's strenght is well over 16 and should have a damage bonus... anybody know where the problem lies? Its not too hard to do it in my head but would be nice to have it right on the sheets.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

mrloucifer wrote:Will you update it with the new zombies from Dark Places when it comes out?

A good and worthy question. The only thing I like more than not having to do the work is not having to do the updates either! ;)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

tlazaroff wrote:
Thinyser wrote:I like it but I'm getting #VALUE! for all the damage "modifier" areas even when the zombie's strenght is well over 16 and should have a damage bonus... anybody know where the problem lies? Its not too hard to do it in my head but would be nice to have it right on the sheets.

Which table is this in? (type of zombie) They are all independent of each other. I can fix the error when I update it with Dark Places info.

Edit: I remember there was a #VALUE! problem when I first uploaded it. I fixed it and uploaded it again. Try downloading it again and see if that solves your problem. I just checked my copy and there are no #VALUE! errors.

They ALL have the issue and its the version you posted most recently and i just downloaded it again and it still does it.

Still great (as this is only a minor annoyance) good work :ok:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

tlazaroff wrote:
Thinyser wrote:They ALL have the issue and its the version you posted most recently and i just downloaded it again and it still does it.

I looked into it. It's probably the version of Excel you have. Apparently, in earlier versions of Excel, you can only have a certain amount of nested IF functions. I have to use a lot to get those modifiers to work correctly. Not sure of any other way to do it besides using tons of nested IFs.

Bummer yeah i have 2003 and the patch.

Thanks for looking into it.

Still, its good enough for me since I have the bonus to damage memorized its no biggie so long as their P.S. is listed I can tell what the damage bonus is.

Great work :ok:

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

tlazaroff wrote:Okay, updated again, all the tables should look a tad better now. Use the same link above. Let me know if anything needs changed or is wrong.

I get "#NAME?" all the attributes and all of the SDC by Location fields (as well as sex and age fields).

I've copied and pasted formula from the other ones and it they work now so must have been formula (they were very different when I looked at them).

Just subsitituted whatever was most appropriate for the new zombies but would be great if you could correct it with the real stats.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

tlazaroff wrote:I did change those formulas a bit. I used the "=randbetween(x,y)" formula as opposed to the "=trunc(rand(x,y-x)+x)" formula because it was easier to read. I wonder if the =randbetween doesn't work in office 2003 too.

I would say that it doesn't, but the copy and paste did the trick.

exiled_snow
D-Bee

Unread post by exiled_snow »

does this fuction without a problem in openoffice?
I want Emperor Prosek in my Happy Meal, damnit - Mephisto
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Just checked out the Dark Places additions. Still a solid piece of work, I like it!

psijudge
D-Bee

Unread post by psijudge »

This is a nice Excel sheet.
You might want to check out, office.live.com
You can sign in with you MSN account and use Office 2010 version online and you can share the sheet as well.
You do have to edit the sheet for the random numbers to generate.

Psijudge
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

So, as an update, I found that these were too small for old grognards like me to easily read.

I selected the top left 4 stat blocks, then reset the print area. Then I printed them on card stock and cut them out. Worked great for my game last night.

I've color coded them: red for slouchers, brown for juggernauts, pink for pretty, yellow for crawlers, orange for thrashers, green for fast, purple for mock and blue for thinkers. Easy, and I have a big stack ready to go.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Xar wrote:You are my new hero!

Thank you!

contra :)
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

can get copy please gm a game like use it latter
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

This site seems to be totally defunct now, and directs to an iCloud login.

I have old copies of it, was hoping it was updated for Endless Dead.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Tearstone wrote:This site seems to be totally defunct now, and directs to an iCloud login.

I have old copies of it, was hoping it was updated for Endless Dead.

Darn! I was hoping to see the Random Zombie Tables. Oh well. But anyway, I hope that someone manages to make it available. Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

anyone got copy of this excel
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Here. This is a copy uploaded to one of my google drive accounts. This should work fine for the foreseeable future. It works fine on the site. You might be able to download it. Note, this is saved for Open Office format. But again, Google Docs Sheets runs it just fine from the site. Just reload the page if you need new zombies.

Zombie Sheets

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
daddystabz
Wanderer

Unread post by daddystabz »

How do you use this sheet, please?

Is anyone working to update it?

Return to “Dead Reign™”