Super-Invention: Running shoes/sneakers (1 Major, 2 Minor).

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snowtiger
Adventurer

Super-Invention: Running shoes/sneakers (1 Major, 2 Minor).

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Let's assume someone has created a few pairs of ordinary-looking running shoes/sneakers, which bestow one Major and two Minor powers to the user, and the powers should be related to each other. I'm having trouble thinking of a second minor for the first pair, suitable to this set of powers.

Pair One:
- Sonic Speed (Major)
- Enhanced Leaping(Minor, PU1)
- Sidestep (Minor, PU2)

You can also post your own powersets, using the setup I've given above. Remenber, I haven't got my PU3 yet, so please include short descriptions of any PU3 powers you use.
Last edited by Snowtiger on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

sidestep
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:sidestep

Sidestep it is, then. I don't think I even looked at it as a potential for this set.

- Snowtiger
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

i like adhesion as the extra minor
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Super-Invention: Running shoes/sneakers (1 Major, 2 Mino

Unread post by leonmallett »

Snowtiger wrote:Let's assume someone has created a few pairs of ordinary-looking running shoes/sneakers, which bestow one Major and two Minor powers to the user, and the powers should be related to each other. I'm having trouble thinking of a second minor for the first pair, suitable to this set of powers.

Pair One:
- Sonic Speed (Major)
- Enhanced Leaping(Minor, PU1)
- Sidestep (Minor, PU2)

You can also post your own powersets, using the setup I've given above. Remenber, I haven't got my PU3 yet, so please include short descriptions of any PU3 powers you use.

A great idea. I may have to 'borrow' this...
HU2 fan.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

leonmallett wrote:A great idea. I may have to 'borrow' this...

And you're free to do so, as are all of you guys out there.

- Snowtiger
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Here's a few suggestions for footware like powers

Density Walking
Gravitational Plane
Immovability
Super bounce
Power Stomp (PU 3 Minor . . . it lets you stomp on the ground and cause a line of devistation, and to do power kicks, like a comicbook character I can't mention without getting the thread locked ;-))
Rocket Charge (PU 3 Major . . . Short bursts of super human speed, good for hitting people)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I'd use the Immune to High Speed Impacts (not the actual powers name though its something like that) plus sidestep and Sonic speed.

Or go the other way, use XO Speed, and Sidestep as minors and save your big power for Vibration, A Time power, or Control Kinetic Energy.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

I was thinking of a ‘biofeedback’ bit — something about glands and nerves and heartbeats and twitching muscles and the immune system, plus everything from adrenaline to pain perception to skin conductivity all being consciously reprogrammed by the brainwaves of a hero getting the best reflexology pseudoscience can manage — so you’re constantly charging up your organs with the energy to shrug off injuries as you zip around at high speeds, with a side effect of perceiving how electrical fields and the rest weakly flicker around ‘mere mortal’ organisms who lack a full-on new-age aura blazing like some kind of forcefield.

So . . . Invulnerability, Wingless Flight, and Living Anatomy?
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Gndrei20 wrote:That's an interesting share! I purchase my gear quite carefully and never compromise with the looks as well. Recently my cousin suggested the beautiful floral running bare yoga sets and I am thinking to purchase at least one to amp up my summer fitness wardrobe.

That's an equally interesting share! I also purchase my gear quite carefully and I also never compromise with the looks. I mean, with a face like mine, why ruin it with substandard wardrobe, you know????? Your cousin has a real knack for suggesting beautiful floral yoga sets. Does he/she have natural fashion sense or does he/she have to work at it? Either way, I think I'd look stunning in that summer fitness wardrobe spam, er, I mean, suggestion you posted. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the insightful post in response to a thread that died 12 years ago! Cheers!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”