NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

MrTwist wrote:Very nice expansion on the power. Here's an idea. Shapechange and stretching should not be available at 6th level, maybe not even ever. I think any power that gives the bio-form the ability to modify it's own form should not be allowed. Or, if so, it's the creator who uses their own actions and chooses the change. So in the case of Animal Meta: Whatever, the creator of the bio-form chooses when it changes to and from the animal. Basically, it's just to keep the power a bit more balanced. The creator has to be in the vicinty then to control the more powerful aspects. Replace both powers. How about Horror Factor - 150 and Energy Shield - 100.

I like the idea of the creator changing the shape of the Bio Form instead of the creature being able to change it's own shape. How about if I put it in under the on-the-spot temporary category? I had considered making Horror Factor available but wasn't sure. Energy Shield could be cool though, hmmmm.....

MrTwist wrote:Here's an idea for an expansion.

Abilities available to bio-forms at 9th level and beyond:

AR 15 - 350
Sidestep(as power) - 250
Venomous Attack(as per minor version) - 250(up to 2x)
Size Increase 3(9-13ft) - 300
Size Increase 4(13ft-17ft) - 400
Battle Rage(as power) - 200
Un-Trackable(as power) - 250
Unnoteworthy(as power) - 250
Super Burrowing(as power) - 200
Weapon Energy Extensions(as power) - 300
Supernatural Strength(quality, not power) -350
Increased basic variables(see Note) - Various

Note: The increased basic variables is an extension of the basic abilities that can be granted to Bio-Forms. Options that can be taken twice can now be taken three more times, for a total of 5 times. SDC can be taken up to 10 times. For increased stats, the bonus drops from +5 to +3 per time bought above and beyond twice.

Seem a decent enough addition?

Wow, sounds pretty good to me. I wasn't really sure what to do for 9th Level and beyond. Thanks Twist.

[update]OK, I edited the power to make the changes you suggested. See what you think of it now.[/update]
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Energy Shield is quickly becoming a favorite power of mine. Sure, it's relatively minor. Sure, it just makes a shield and that's it. But, being able to create a totally invulnerable shield out of thin air is pretty useful. As long as you can parry it, you're safe from harm. Comes in handy.
Actually, being able to parry things gives me a good idea for a power.

Superhuman Parry(first part minor, but if both are given then it is major)
This super power gives the character reflexes that go well beyond the limits of what could ever be considered natural. When dealing with normal melee weapons and hand to hand combat, the character shows off some of their reflexes in their uncanny ability to parry attacks. When dealing with projectiles, though, the super being's true abilities shine. Normally, their hands move to parry objects with uncanny speed, sometimes so fast the eye cannot see them. When dealing with projectilesor multiple attackers, they visibly blur, leaving trails in their wake.
Duration: This power is activated at the speed of thought(less than one melee action) and lasts as long as the character is in combat.
1. Bonuses:
When dealing with normal hand to hand attacks, the character can attempt to parry with a +8 bonus, as long as their arms have a free range of motion. This can even be done in most body and power armors. Only those that severely hamper arm movement cancel these bonuses. Yes, if you don't have arms but instead have tentacles, you still get the bonuses.
Energy blasts and projectiles can be parried. Unfortunately, the minor version of this power gives no extra protection to the person. So, parrying a projectile will cause normal damage to the character. Instead of the normal rules dealing with parrying projectiles, the character can do so with only an unmodified roll(PP bonuses do apply, but nothing else). If this power is taken as a major, then the character's hands are invulnerable to all damage from which they parry, including magical weapons and psionics. Also, as a major, the character gets a +3 bonus(including PP), only, to parry projectiles.
2. Circular Parry:
The character goes almost completely on the defensive with this ability. They become totally aware of all possible attackers within 10ft. When doing this, they cannot be surprised in melee, and are able to parry all melee attacks directed at them. Unfortunately, they are limited to two attacks per melee when doing this, and cannot move(moving more than a foot or so) without deactivating this ability. This is used for dealing with multiple melee opponents. Instead of the limit of 4 attackers being able to attack without getting in each other's way, only three are able to attack this character when they activate this sub-power.
Limited to the Major version only:
3. Deflect Attacks:
The super being is fast enough that now they are not only able to parry attacks, but now can deflect them back at their origin(or others). This only applies to physical attacks, not energy blasts and such. First, the normal parry roll is made. Then, if successful, the being with this power makes a strike roll. This strike roll is made as normal for whatever type of attack is being deflected(modern weapons are treated as fired wild), but done on a straight, unmodified roll. The recipient of the attack can parry(if possible) or dodge as normal. In the case of projectiles, a -2 is applied to the strike roll. This strike does NOT take up an attack.
4. Catch Attacks:
While deflecting attacks can be impressive, even more impressive is watching someone with this power catch objects used to attack them with. When attacked, if a successful parry is rolled, the super being can opt to catch the object. For melee weapons and hand-to-hand strikes, this means a grapple will ensue. For this purpose, the character does not have the usual bonuses given by this power. Instead, the character has a +4 instead of the normal +8, and only a +1 vs. projectiles. This ability, like the previous one, can only be used on physical attacks. It is impossible to catch energy attacks.

I'm sure someone could give a better/more simplified write-up. I just thought the minor version would be a nice alternate to Sidestep. My write-up is a bit long, sorry.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Mr Scorpio wrote:
MrTwist wrote:Very nice expansion on the power. Here's an idea. Shapechange and stretching should not be available at 6th level, maybe not even ever. I think any power that gives the bio-form the ability to modify it's own form should not be allowed. Or, if so, it's the creator who uses their own actions and chooses the change. So in the case of Animal Meta: Whatever, the creator of the bio-form chooses when it changes to and from the animal. Basically, it's just to keep the power a bit more balanced. The creator has to be in the vicinty then to control the more powerful aspects. Replace both powers. How about Horror Factor - 150 and Energy Shield - 100.

I like the idea of the creator changing the shape of the Bio Form instead of the creature being able to change it's own shape. How about if I put it in under the on-the-spot temporary category? I had considered making Horror Factor available but wasn't sure. Energy Shield could be cool though, hmmmm.....

MrTwist wrote:Here's an idea for an expansion.

Abilities available to bio-forms at 9th level and beyond:

AR 15 - 350
Sidestep(as power) - 250
Venomous Attack(as per minor version) - 250(up to 2x)
Size Increase 3(9-13ft) - 300
Size Increase 4(13ft-17ft) - 400
Battle Rage(as power) - 200
Un-Trackable(as power) - 250
Unnoteworthy(as power) - 250
Super Burrowing(as power) - 200
Weapon Energy Extensions(as power) - 300
Supernatural Strength(quality, not power) -350
Increased basic variables(see Note) - Various

Note: The increased basic variables is an extension of the basic abilities that can be granted to Bio-Forms. Options that can be taken twice can now be taken three more times, for a total of 5 times. SDC can be taken up to 10 times. For increased stats, the bonus drops from +5 to +3 per time bought above and beyond twice.

Seem a decent enough addition?

Wow, sounds pretty good to me. I wasn't really sure what to do for 9th Level and beyond. Thanks Twist.

[update]OK, I edited the power to make the changes you suggested. See what you think of it now.[/update]

I'm glad my suggestion was well received. The fact I included Horror Factor was mainly for the fact that such monstrous bio-forms could be created. That power mainly reflects the fact a super could make something out of a Giger nightmare that causes even superheroes to run screaming out of sheer terror. Energy shield was included because it is a nice power that does not change the physical form in any way. What I really liked, and wanted to expand on, was the chaining of abilities. First you have basic ability, but later on for a few more points you have a better version, and so on. It shows a more experienced person with this power being able to upgrade their creation's capabilities along certain lines. Honestly, I believe more powers should have capabilities that increase per level, and not just damages and ranges. Or even more options on powers for customization. Of course, I could be biased due to my Champions experience.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Ok, I'm probably not going to be able to communicate this power idea effectively, but I'm gonna try.

Media Manipulation(minor):
This strange power is akin to Color Manipulation and Control Others. It is quite a bit like implanting an illusion directly into their mind. The limitation is that this power only applies to the various media. This ability allows the super being to control what the victim sees when viewing written(or digitally presented alphanumeric information) media. To a limited extent, this can also affect perceptions of visual media.
Range: 100ft + 50ft per level.
Duration: Concentration.
Effects: When the save is failed, then the super being can cause any and all written, or digital(like alarm clocks and computer screens), media to seem to be composed of whatever the super being desires. They can change a memo to a threatening letter, a letter of repossession to a letter of absolution of debt, etc... The possiblities are infinite. What must be kept in mind is that only the victim sees the new information, not anyone around them. For the purpose of visual media, the broadcast or recording now is at the whim of the super being, who can make the people or events shown reflect whatever they desire.
Also, as a side note for those with questions. If the save is failed, allowing the character the ability to change the information presented, then the information that really comprises the media IS known to the character. Basically, they get a quick mental image of the original info and are able to edit it or change it to their whim.
Save: To avoid being affected by this power, the victim gets a Save vs. Psionics(ONLY ME bonuses apply to this save). If the save succeeds, then they see the media as it really is. There will be a slight blurring of it for a moment, which may give those experienced dealing with power some indication someone is using it on them. For visual media(television, projected films, VHS or DVD recordings, etc...), the save still includes ME bonuses, but is also made at a +2 due to the difficulty of confusing so many senses at once.

Hopefully, the intent of the power was obvious. I just imagine a hero staking out a villain. The villain picks up their newspaper to read the front page and all they see is "Supervillain gets smacked around like the punk they are. Arrested while crying like a 4 year old with a skinned knee." It is a lot like color manipulation; a power designed to mess with people.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:Superhuman Parry(first part minor, but if both are given then it is major)
[snip]
I'm sure someone could give a better/more simplified write-up. I just thought the minor version would be a nice alternate to Sidestep. My write-up is a bit long, sorry.

I'll have to think about it a bit more but so far I like it. Maybe give a bonus if the character has a weapon/object to parry with (at least for the minor)?

Oh, and don't apologise for the length of the power description.....I'm pretty sure I'm going for the longest power description in HU history :lol: :lol: :lol:
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

here's a few.

1) Metamorphasis: Demon

The character turns large and redish. Their features become sunken and darker, giving the character a more demonic apperance. There is no alignment restriction, though, silver and holy weapons do inflict more damage unless they give up their special features *as noted below*. Other demons and deevil will regard the character as a fellow monster, and will usually ignore the character. Unfortunatly, creatures of good will do the same and regard the creature as a monster, even if the character is of a good alignment.

Powers: claws +1d6 damage, Limited vulnerability- Normal weapons attacks do 1/2 damage; impervious to fire/heat/ cold; silver, holy, rune weapons, millenium tree weapons and demon slaying weapons do double damage, magic and psionics do full damage. Poisions, gases toxins do 1/2 damage. also roll on the following table

1-50%: small horns 1d6 damage
51-00%: Large horns 2d6 damage

1-50%: Leather wings
51-00%: Hooved feet

For either wings or hooved feet: can go 100 MPH. Can inflict +4 damge every 20mph. +2 Parry/dodge
(If player/gm wishes, can make it so character takes normal damage from silver, holy, rune millenium tree and demon slaying weapons if they give up their horns and wings or hooves)

natural abilities: See invisible, see in darkness, Strenght becomes Supernatural, and MDC. +2d6 str, +100 sdc (MDC in an mdc enviornment), +1d4 PP, +1d6 ft to hight, HF 13+1d4. Regenerate 1d6 per melee, can regenerate body parts in 1 week

-------------------------------------------

2) Metamorphasis: Dragon

The character looks to be a miniature dragon that stands on two legs with scally skin. They sometimes resemble a Gromek though having features of a dragon. Other dragons will regard the character as a non-threatening/insignifigant kin. They will be more tolerant of this character than they would a fellow "true" dragon, and held slightly higher in regard to a "mortal", but the character is still beneath them.

Powers: Strenght is concidered supernatural, fire/heat/cold do 1/2 damage. scally skin (AR 10) or if in MD enviornment +10 MDC, On MDC world take hp/sdc, add them together for MDC. Takes extra damage from dragons slaying weapons, plus roll for the following powers (1 time per group)

Group 1

Body style: (the MDC/AR is in addition to that already granted as above.)

1-20% Slender/sleak (snakelike). +4 roll with punch, +3d6 ft to hight, +1d4 PP +1d4 strenght +50 sdc/mdc HF of 14 (People with a phobia of snakes WILL concider the character more snakelike than anything and must react as if the character is a giant snake). Character can contort his body to be 1/3 the size he truely is, but is uncomfortable and -3 on all actions.

21-40% Large and bulky (Super big human with scaly skin). +2d6 PS, +2 to AR or +50 MDC +2d4 PE +1d4 ft to hight HF: 12

41-60% Spiked body (Great horned dragon like). +1d6 ft to hight +1d6 ps, +1 AR or +10 MDC, spikes do +1d6 damage to anyone attacking with an unprotected hand/foot, body, and adds +1d6 to a punch, kick, knee, bodlyblock by the dragon character. HF: 12

61-00% Humanoid (looks more like a human covered in scales than dragon): HF: 8, but can easily hide features, with long sleave shirt, mask of some sort (can possibly cover it up if have disguise skill at -10%.)

Group 2

Breath weapon

1-14% Fire: 1d6 damage +1d6 per level, 50% to set a combustable ablaze.

15-28% Cold: 1d4 damage +1d4 per level. Can be used as area affect. Can instantly freeze water.

29-42% lightning bolt: does 1d8 damage +1d8 per level. +5 strike.

43-56% petrification: Releases a cloud made up of microscopic particles that causes flesh to go numb. Can release a line of smoke that will strike a single opponent. Any part of the flesh that is caught in it will go numb and stay numb for 1d4 melees. A light grey material will cover the victom, giving them an even more 'statue' apperance. Victoms must make a save vs non-lethal poison or have that part of the body paralized completely. Petrifing 1 leg will reduce by 2/3rd, and must crawl or hop. 1 arm may not impose any penalties, but cannot use 2 handed weapons and the arm is limp, and is -40% on any skills that require 2 hands. the partical material has a life-expectancy of 1 melee round, so trying to "brush it off" with an unprotected hand will cause that hand to go numb. The penalties are non-accumulative, but everytime 'struck' by the dust, the timer starts over. Range is 10 ft +3ft per level +4 strike.

(Note: A blast to the characters chest/main body will make that area numb, but there is no real affect other than not being able to feel wounds which could be a problem in and of itself. A shot to the head may make it difficult to eat and talk but no real big effect, except of course not being able to feel damage in the face).

57-70% acidic spit: 1d6 damage. Every level after 1st, the acid will "eat" away any material it's on for the next melee round, doing an extra 1d6 damage. (so 2nd level it will do an initial 1d6 damage, and then the next melee round it will do an additional 1d6 damage).

71-80% Poison breath: releases a poision gas that does 1d6 damage. Every level after 1st it will continue to poison doing another 1d6 damage the next melee round. So at 3rd level the initial strike does 1d6, the next melee round it will do another 1d6 and on the third melee round it will do another 1d6.

81-90% No breath weapon, but is immune to fire/heat/cold.

91-00% Has 2 breath weapons, but do not roll on the next special ability table

Group 3

Special ablitily:

1-10% Regeneration: 2d6 per minute. The character does not scar.

11-20% Super Skin: AR of 15 (or is an MDC being with +150 MDC).

1-30% Dragon Face: Has the face that looks more like a dragon, allowing a bite attack (2d6) also has claws +1d6 damage

31-40% Flight: wingless (60 mph)

41-50% Flight: winged, Leather (60 mph)

51-60% Supervision: See invisible, in total darkness.

61-70% Resistant: To gases, toxins, poisons, all do 1/2 damage and is never fatal. (If HP/MDC drops below 0, concider the character to have 5 HP, and and will continue to do so until effects have passed, will not heal normally until then)

71-80% Magic and psionic protection: +3 save vs magic and psionics. Impervious to mind control of any kind.

81-90% Dragon Strenght: +6 str. Min of 18 strenght.

91-00% Turn Invisible at will. Lasts 5 min per level. 3 times per day per level.

--------------------------------

3) Metamorphasis: Fairy

This character tends to resemble a fairy. Though not as strong and has no magic, their small size and hyper actions make the character act as fairy like as any. As such, most fairy will regard this character as a real fairy and will regard the character as a friend.

Powers: Shrink to 2d6+4 inches. Retains all physical attributes except speed which is reduced to inches. All fairies have Flight: Winged: Insect (normally butterly like wings). MPH = to speed * 2 + 10 mph per level. They also have an auto dodge while in fairy form and flying. Does not count while standing, must be in the air..

Penalties: Hyper-matabolism and while in fairy form must eat a great deal. 4x's more than a nomal human. While in human form, they have no reaction to salt, but when in fairy form, they are alergic to salt. They will break out and itch while in contact with salt for 1d4 melees, they are -1 strike, parry dodge and lose 1 attach per melee.

bonuses: +2d6 PP, +1d6 MA, +2d6 SPD, +2d6 pb, +3 save vs magic, +3 dodge, has Auto dodge while in fairy form. Awe factor: 8

on MDC world character is a minor MDC being. HP = MDC (no SDC bonus)

-------------------------------

4) Natural Physical Absorption: (minor) the character can Absorb a certain amount of damage. The attack hits but leaves no visible damage. In game terms the character can obsorb 1d4 points of damage +1d4 every other level after first. This also includes things such as acid/poison. If no damage is sustained for a melee round, the poison, acid is concidered defeated/nulled and no subsequent damage is sustained. Can only absorb 1/2 from magic/psionics.

For example a third level character Joe can absorb 2d4 points of damage. He is striked by a weapon that does 2d6. The weapon does a total of 8 points. Joe rolls 2d4 and rolls a 4. The attack does 4 pts of damage instead of it's 8 total. If the weapon was magic, joe rolls a 4 then divide it by 1/2 so he would have only been able to absorb 2 pts of damage rather than 4.

Note: On MDC world, character is not an MDC being. But, all attacks are reduced to SDC equivilant to the character. 1d4 MDC shot will do 1d4 sdc.

5) Natural Physical Absorption: (Major) The same as the minor power other than the character automatically absorbs 4 points of damage per level as opposed to 1d4 per every other level including magic and psionic attacks.

---------------------------

6) Natural Resistance: (major)

At 1st level The character is naturally resistant to all forms of attack. Has a +6 save vs poisons and they do 1/2 damage and last 1/2 as long. All physical damage is 1/2ed and the character heals twice as fast (Double the normal healing speed) and fatiuges 1/2 speed. Magic and psionics still have full effect. Unfortuantly he is also resistant to helpful drugs. He also has a +15% vs death/coma. In MDC world is concidered a minor MDC monster HP+sdc = MDC

At 2rd level the character is concidered a minor psionic and needs only a 12 to save with a save vs psionics. Any effects last 1/2 as long with the character as well as physical psionic attacks do 1/2 damage. The character also has the equivlant of a Mind block and 6th sense. As well his aura is hidden away, Presense sense will not reviel the character, nor will sense evil or any other type of psionic detection. On the con side, Psionic healing is also 1/2 as effective. +2 save vs psionics

at 3th level he gains a resistance versus magic and the character has a +3 save vs magic and/or the character only takes 1/2 damage from physical magic attacks and effects last 1/2 as long.

At 4 level he gains resistance vs negitive chi thus the character take half damage from chi attacks and chi effects with a +2 vs chi and are 1/2 effective. Character also has a "chi" clerity that allows them to see through most chi illutions at +5. Dim mack has a temporary effect lasting only 7 days.

At 6th level the character's body begins to distinguish helpful drugs from harmful, thus, Helpful drugs have full effect (Player choses which drugs have full effect) also, character heals 1d6 per hour and does not fatiuge.

at 7th level the characters mind begins to distinguish helpful psionics vs harmful, thus, helpful will have full effect.(Player choses which psionics have full effect). Choose a physical psionic ability. +2 save vs psionics

At 8th level the characters spirit begins to distinguish helpful magics vs harmful, thus helpful magics have full effect.(Player choses which magic have full effect). The character gains a +3 save vs magic.

At 9 level the characters chi is better apt at distinguishing helpful chi vs harmful, thus helpful chi has full effect.(Player choses which chi spells/abilities have full effect). Double existing chi. +2 vs chi

At 11th level the character's body begins to produce helpful drugs, thus helpful drugs have double the normal potency.(Player choses which drugs have double full effect). Heals 1d6 per minute.

At 12 level the characters mind begings to channel the body with helpful energies to help psionics, thus helpful psionics have double the normal affect.(Player choses which psionics have double full effect). Gains +15% to save vs death/coma. +2 vs psionics

At 13 level the characters spirit begins to channel the body with helpful magics, thus helpful magics have double the normal effect.(Player choses which magics have double full effect). +4 save vs magic.

At 14 level the character's chi begins to flood the character with positive chi, thus helpful chi has double the normal effect. (Player choses which chi abilities/magic have double full effect). Double normal chi. +2 vs chi

At 15th the character reaches a level of immortality. can be killed if dropped to -100 hp/mdc and head is cut off and burned in separate fires. At 0 hp character is 1/2 attacks per melee, 1/2 speed.[/b]
Last edited by dark brandon on Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Mr Scorpio wrote:
MrTwist wrote:Superhuman Parry(first part minor, but if both are given then it is major)
[snip]

I'll have to think about it a bit more but so far I like it. Maybe give a bonus if the character has a weapon/object to parry with (at least for the minor)?

I figured either with a weapon or without one, the character can parry just as fast. Of course, some weapons are well desgined enough to give even more bonuses to parry. And, of course, since they can parry energy blasts and bullets it might be a good idea to carry something to parry them with. Well, I think I'm gonna test out the power on my players this Monday. I'm gonna go with the major version.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well, DarkBrandon, the powers seem interesting. I do like the Natural Physical Absorption. The Natural Resistance seems a bit off. Some of the bonuses seem a bit too quick. For instance, with the bonuses to save vs. psionics and magic, maybe you should spread them out a bit more over the levels.
The Meta: Demon seems a bit powerful. Sure, it's a major power and all, but that's quite a bit of bonuses. It blows Lycanthropy right out of the water. The Dragon one is about the same power level, depending on what stuff you roll up. Oh, BTW- You may want to change the 81-90% in the special powers table. According to your description, they already have Supernatural strength. The Fairy one is pretty cool, but if I wanted to play a fairy creature I'd just use the one in PU2.

All in all, pretty decent stuff. Keep it coming.
dark brandon
Knight

MrTwist wrote:Well, DarkBrandon, the powers seem interesting. I do like the Natural Physical Absorption. The Natural Resistance seems a bit off. Some of the bonuses seem a bit too quick. For instance, with the bonuses to save vs. psionics and magic, maybe you should spread them out a bit more over the levels.

hum...probably will do that, at least the bonuses (not the effects). fixed them

The Meta: Demon seems a bit powerful. Sure, it's a major power and all, but that's quite a bit of bonuses. It blows Lycanthropy right out of the water. The Dragon one is about the same power level, depending on what stuff you roll up. Oh, BTW- You may want to change the 81-90% in the special powers table. According to your description, they already have Supernatural strength.

I went ahead and rolled up a few for dragon. I really couldn't create a super-powerful character. At least nothing that compares to say invulnerability. In a play test, the dragon and demon character werent all that much stronger. I did intentionally make them stronger than a lycanthrope but not as strong as say a APS, which is what I concider this to be more of.

The Fairy one is pretty cool, but if I wanted to play a fairy creature I'd just use the one in PU2.

All in all, pretty decent stuff. Keep it coming.

hum...have to look through the PU2 book again, it's been a while. thanks.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

no offense fellas but most of these powers can be duplicated using the HU2 MB and a little GM/player imagination... and IMO outside of the Matter Emission powers in PU1 the rest of the book struck me as rather redundant. but thats just my opinion.

now that said here is one for ya'll to try and dope out...

Extraordinary IQ.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Here are a couple other new powers (minor) for MAs and mages.

Ex chi--(PE+form+level(1d6/L))X10+100/L

ExPPE--PE+level (1d6/L)x10+50/L

These are a a few powers for the MA super heros.

trasform PPE into chi--1 to 6 rato take 15 sec to do

chi burst--1d6 sd per point of chi invested(for every 100sd it dose 1md) range100'/L
aural Chi burst--1d6 sd per point of chi invested(for every 100sd it dose 1md) range1'/L

chi flight(wingless flight)-100mph(must have chi equale to, and more than body weight )[must have chi =to total weight lifted]{to go faster then 200mph must have twice the body weight/total weight}
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

ZEN wrote:I am writing up Kinetic Control, I will post it as soon as I get my books back from a friend.. gotta compare some power stats..

[snip]

Anyway, I'll see how I can wrangle these abilities and post them here shortly.
8-)

Well, you've got my attention. It'll be interesting to see how this one works out.

Damian Magecraft wrote:no offense fellas but most of these powers can be duplicated using the HU2 MB and a little GM/player imagination... and IMO outside of the Matter Emission powers in PU1 the rest of the book struck me as rather redundant. but thats just my opinion.

Extraordinary IQ.

I've seen a couple of versions of Ext. I.Q. floating around the web but maybe someone will have a new take on it. I used to have someone's version around here somewhere. Now where did I put it?........

Ben Quash wrote:Here are a couple other new powers (minor) for MAs and mages.

Ex chi--(PE+form+level(1d6/L))X10+100/L

ExPPE--PE+level (1d6/L)x10+50/L

I don't have much experience with Chi but I have gamed with a guy who was running an Enchanted Object character and extra P.P.E. would have come in real handy. Maybe you could add some kind of P.E. bonus (even if it's only 1D6 or something).
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Great job ZEN :D Keep up the good work.

While I'm posting thought I'd make a power request. I've been trying to figure out an enhanced senses power. I'd like to see a Minor power that enhanced all 5 senses. The bonuses for each sense shouldn't be anywhere as good as any of the Heightened Sense of... powers but should still give the character an edge over those with even very sharp normal senses. I think it's just one of those powers that's been missing, a way to add the right flavor to a character with out having to use 5 Minors.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

thagema wrote:
Super Matt wrote:I have got my unoffical powers unlimited 3

to get you hand on one :
e-mail me and i'll give it to you.
it's a word document

my e-mail is: supermatt99@hotmail.com

Did you get my email??

How about mine? Sorry, I know you probably take the weekends off but like one of Pavlov's dog I start salavating when I hear Powers-Unlimited-number-anything. I'll try to be patient :shock:
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Guys,
I love the work. I was wondering if you wanted to see some more powers? But I also thought that most of you have already seen my work and crtiqued it, which make me wonder if I should post my power here too.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Damian Magecraft wrote:no offense fellas but most of these powers can be duplicated using the HU2 MB and a little GM/player imagination... and IMO outside of the Matter Emission powers in PU1 the rest of the book struck me as rather redundant. but thats just my opinion.

Extraordinary IQ.

Honestly, you're correct about these powers being duplicated by using cannon powers. That's the thing though, instead of GM's and players wasting time creating these variations on common themes, someone else is doing the work for them. A few of the things I've posted are just based on powers already in existance. But, I've saved other people the time and effort by doing it for them.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Here's a concept I've been tossing around. I see it as the major version of Lightning Reflexes or Extra PP. Problem is, I can't figure out how to do the bonuses.

What I'm thinking of is along the lines of Sonic Speed and Natural Combat Ability. I wanna call it Sonic Reflexes. I'm thinking of, in terms of speed, someone who can run a bit faster than average, maybe twice as fast. For combat bonuses, I think it should be rather on the high side. A hero who can catch bullets, someone who can chop/fillet/dice a full meal in under a minute, etc... Natural Combat Ability just never sat well with me. Sure, decent bonuses, but I never liked the whole 'fighting at the other guy's ability' thing. I'd rather someone with great hand to hand abilities on their own, without resorting to a 'combat Mimic' type power.

So, if anyone can come up with a decent power based off that short desc, it would be appreciated.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

New powers for those who are interested. Disruption field
The character can projects a field of disruptive energy from the pores of his skin. This field sizzles and crackles as the disruptive energy sears apart air molecules on contact. While organic substances and living beings suffer little for contact with this character, an extra 1d4 on contact, inanimate objects suffer a great deal more. Any object handled by this character loses 1 AR every round and 4d6 SDC every round. In combat, every strike by the character inflicts an extra 3d6 damage and ignores the AR of unnatural substances, making the character much more deadly against characters with APS stone and metal. Obviously the disruption field can be turned off.
Other notes
-20% prowl when the field is up.
+2 PE +4d6 SDC

Wrap
The character can project an animate ‘blob’ of substance that wraps around the victim to make a cocoon. This blob is +2 to strike. Any victim so wrapped becomes blinded unless he has some way to see through the wrap. Victims are also cut off from other outside sensations. Hearing and touch are muted and smell and taste are of course gone. And then there is the matter of oxygen, characters so wrapped begin suffocating. A wrap has 30 SDC but takes ¼ damage from tearing, stretching and pummelling and half damage from sharp attacks. The wrap is semi animate, and attempts to hinder the character, lowering the character’s initiative, strike parry and dodge by 2 (in addition to any blindness penalties). Furthermore, the wrapping has one attack every round used to apply a squeeze attack inflicting 2d4 damage. Attacks from the outside run the risk of hurting the character. Energy attacks inflict full damage to the wrap. Blunt attacks do no damage to the wrap, but transfers half that damage to the victim. Cutting and tearing attacks inflict 1/3rd damage to the wrap and 2/3rd to the victim. Grabbing the character and then tearing the wrap inflicts ¼ damage but only to the wrap itself.
The Wrap can be projected out to 30 feet +5 feet per level. A character can maintain a maximum of 1 wrap per level at any one time, and can produce as many wraps per day as his PE, +2 per level. Executing such a ‘wrap attack’ takes 2 actions. It is feasible for the character to wrap himself. Such a wrap does not hinder the character’s actions, nor does it inhibit the senses or breathing (but it still dampens touch)

Forge Link
The character may forge a biological link with as many people as his level. By touching them, he forces them to make a save vs this link (14+ PE applies. Victims may choose to fail)
The character gains the following benefits with regards to the link.
· The shock and pain of injury gets transferred throughout the link. Up to half the damage received from any attack may be transferred to other participants in the link. Unwilling targets may save (14+) to not receive the damage. If other targets in the link take damage, then the character may choose to absorb up to half that damage himself.
· HP may be shared freely from any willing participants in the link.
· Each member gains +1 to save vs powers, chemicals or viruses that affect the character or his nervous system. (aids against nerve gas, but not smoke inhalation. Aids against disruptive touch and mental stun but not direct damage attacks). This bonus increases by 1 per extra person in the link
· Each character can feel where the others are, and can gauge their mood and feelings. This sensing range is very broad and shallow, and maxes out at a limit of 500 feet per level.

Body mastery
The character can exert his will over his body to produce a number of variable effects.
· The character heals at 4 times normal rate.
· The character need only meditate for 4 hours a day instead of sleep
· The character can exert control over his heart rate, breathing and other autonomic systems, adding +2 to save vs disease and poison. By slowing his metabolism right down, he slows his body functions by a factor of 10
· The character may mute or heighten his body odour. He may add or subtract up to 30% from attempts to track him by scent
· Body alteration. The character may accelerate his hair growth by a factor of 10, or slow it by the same. He may heighten or lower his metabolic rate, gaining or losing up to 2 lbs per day (fat)
· The character has an inordinate resistance vs pain. +6. in addition, psychic attacks that affect the body enjoy a +4 to save.
· The character gains functional control over his health. +1d4PE +2d6 HP.

Catalytic control:
The character can encourage or discourage chemical interactions by simple concentration. The character can increase fuel consumption by up to 50% (with a proportionate effect) or cancel it down to nothing. Unattended chemical reactions drop by 5% every action the character concentrates over a 20foot radius (though only one actual reaction can be controlled at a time). Reactions that are stopped may not restart after concentration ceases. A fire stays out if extinguished, but nuclear rods go back to emitting if unattended. If stopped reaction may restart, it does not do so for 3d6 minutes. Needless to say, this is a boon to demolitions experts everywhere. If a chemical bomb (and almost all of them are) is reduced to 0% it cannot be detonated for those 3d6 minutes (plenty of dime to simply dismantle the damn thing.
Normal chemical reactions that can be affected include the following. Combustion, Oxidation, The effects of acid, freezing, carbonation, chemical combining, fermentation.
The character can also use this power to defend himself from fire and chemical attacks. If aware of the impending attack, the character can dismiss roughly half the damage, by attempting to instantly dampen the effects. If he has an action to spare, he may perform this feat for others as well. He may also neutralise chemical reactions (such as poisoning) inside his own body (half effects)
Offensively, this power has a whole range of effects. The damage from fire and chemical attacks can be increased by up to 50% (but not his own attacks, he cannot maintain the concentration to both launch an attack and increase it’s effect) The delicate nature of a human organism is reliant on a whole plethora of body chemistry. A victim of this power can make a PE saving throw (14) to resist taking 1d4+1 damage direct to HP.

Pls let me know what you think. I'm tossing up the majors/minors clasifications for them.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

gwa1965 wrote:Here's my first, I hope you lik it...

linked vision

Someone w/ linked vision can target any human, humanoid, or animal larger than mouse within 10 feet. The hero can then see everything the target sees from the target's point of view. The range is 100 feet +20 feet/level. The hero can also take advantage of any special vision powers the target may have, but control of the special vision remains w/ the target (if he doesn't look inside the safe w/ x-ray vision, the hero won't know what's inside). If the hero also has any special vision powers, he can piggyback them, but the target won't know what the hero sees. Duration is 1hr + 15 mins/level. While having linked vision, the hero takes normal penalties for blindness for dealing with his immediate environment (you can't fight the ninjas in front of you while your target's looking at the safe across the street).

So how'd I do?

Wow I'm impressed. Brings a whole new meaning to blind man kung fu. Say can you use any energy expulsion powers though your targets?
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

gwa1965 wrote:I'm sorry Zenvis, I didn't explain myself well. This is only meant to be a sensory power. Special vision powers was to mean telescopic vision, nightvision, etc. But thanks for the compliment.

Besides including remote viewing, is there a domination (of sorts) of your target? Can you have multiple targets?

You've heard of soround sound now you can have soround vision. Ta da.... :eek:
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

gwa1965 wrote:You're asking some good questions I never thought about. No domination is involved, the target must want to look or be trained to look at the object.

I hadn't thought of multiple targets, but if you did, the hero would either need multitasking or take a hefty (-5?) penalty to ME per targets

The reason why I ask these questions is that theres that possibility that with a domination of, say animals, that the character could in essence get a stereo view of the "problem" without being seen.
Personally I would do the domination thing but for only as long as you got the mental power to do so (ME in melees) and cut the duration each time you add a animal to the "assimilated collective". Bump the power to a major and allow eye beams and other sensory powers. Each melee have your targets do a control roll.
Zenvis

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Zenvis »

Cardiac wrote:Some, if not most, of these I borrowed from other players, but here are a few of the "non-cannon" power I use in my game.

Extraordinary Speed
NOTE: The old Extraordinary speed power is now called SUPERHUMAN SPEED.
The character can run at speeds mush greater than humans, typically equal to typical ground vehicles or the fastest animals. The character is also much quicker and more agile.
Bonuses:
Multiply normal speed attribute by 2D4 times (minimum of 30) and the character accelerates at twice the normal rate.
The character fatigues at half the normal rate when running.
Add +20 to S.D.C.
+1D4 to P.P. attribute.
+1 attack
+2 to initiative
Automatic dodge (only has bonuses if P.P. bonuses or other auto-dodge bonuses are available).
+2 to roll with punch, fall or impact.
+1 damage for every 5mph of speed. The best a standing still attack can do is +4 damage.

Awsome!!! You know me and a freind of mine were talking about a super human speed vs. super natural speed vs sonic speed vs. extrodinary speed. It was just a thought runing though our minds.... You did it. That is so cool!!
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

gwa1965 wrote:I don't know, I'm going to have to think about it some and get back to you.

Frankly, I just wanted a sensory power, not an attack mode...

You do that. I really have an interest in what is going to tanspire with that power.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

gwa1965 wrote:Here's my first, I hope you lik it...

linked vision

Someone w/ linked vision can target any human, humanoid, or animal larger than mouse within 10 feet. The hero can then see everything the target sees from the target's point of view. The range is 100 feet +20 feet/level. The hero can also take advantage of any special vision powers the target may have, but control of the special vision remains w/ the target (if he doesn't look inside the safe w/ x-ray vision, the hero won't know what's inside). If the hero also has any special vision powers, he can piggyback them, but the target won't know what the hero sees. Duration is 1hr + 15 mins/level. While having linked vision, the hero takes normal penalties for blindness for dealing with his immediate environment (you can't fight the ninjas in front of you while your target's looking at the safe across the street).

So how'd I do?

You did rather well. But,a I do suggest a more cannon approach to power design. Not in thought, but mainly in how it's presented. Give us a range, minor or major category, duration, etc... When powers are posted, I for one find it much easier to grasp when presented in the same form as HU2 or the various PU books.

Also, this power being posted, once again in a different form, does lead me to believe it is something that many fans would love to see. Maybe PU3 should be more of a fan-created book(with some SERIOUS editing), seeing as how the PU books have already dealt with the main parts. Of course, we also have the Rifter for those of us willing to work out fully fleshed out details.

I did post a power very similar to this a while ago.

Supervision:Other People(minor)
This ability allows the superbeing to see out of the eyes of someone else within line of sight range. None of the superbeing's other vision powers can be used while looking through someone else's eyes, although if they have vision powers or other modes of vision the altered vision is what is seen. This can also be used against people in power armor or exoskeletons along with animals, aliens, and insects.
Range: Line of sight.
The char can also memorize 1 person+ 1 additional person per level. The people memorized are people the char can see out of even if out of sight. Range is limited to 1 mile per level with imprinted people. It takes one melee round of concentration to imprint someone.

As a poster of new powers, I have found it's best to go back and read all submissions to avoid duplication. Although, even duplicating, if you have a better way to say/write it, then do so. Still, it is a good job of a first time power submission. Keep those ideas flowing.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

So, I was looking at a couple powers the other day in PU1. Energy Claws and Claws. Sure, energy claws take time to build up in power, but why would you waste a minor on a power with no future? Claws stays the same every level. Well, wingless flight has a major version(Mega Wings, which is actually a really nice power), so I figured Claws should have some kind of major counterpart. I read comics a lot, and am a fan of a certain Marvel wild-man-turned-hero.

Mega Claws(major):
This power gives the hero claws, on each hand, worthy of fear. The appearance of the claws, physically, is up to the player. They can be visibly composed of bone, steel, rock, or even mistletoe for those fans of
mythological stories(tell me if I'm wrong on the plant that killed a Norse God, so I can edit this post). Regardless of the composition, these weapons of destruction strike fear into the hearts of those who know what they are.
Range: These claws extend about 9 inches beyond the knuckles of the hero. They extend from the wrist forward.
Damage: 3D6 at first level, plus 1D6 per each additional level. After 3rd level, this damage can be divided by the number of claws used(there are three per hand. Divide by the appropriate amount, rounded up, depending on claws used. 2 claws means 2D6 + 1D4 per additional level. 1 Claw means 1D6 + 1D2 per additional level).
Duration: These claws stay out as long as the hero wants them to. Since they are retractable, they will disappear back into the character's body with a thought.
Penalties: These claws do damage to the character every time they are extended or retracted. When initially unsheathed, they do 1D6 damage per hane direct to hitpoints. When retracted, they do 1D4 damage per hand, also direct to hitpoints.
Notes: These claws are so strong they can parry any weapon. In effect, like lesser rune weapons, they are indestructible. They can parry even magical weapons without a chance of damage.
In regards to damage vs. creatures immune to damage. Creatures that are only damaged by magic weapons are not affected by this power, unless this power is granted by magical means. For invulnerable characters, this power can even damage those considered without physical worry. For this purpose, calculate all damage from the claws themselves, not including PS bonuses. This damage affects the invulnerable character, but at 1/4 the damage rolled.
Bonuses:
+1D6x10 to SDC
W.P. Paired Weapons(claws only)
+2 to strike with claws, +1 every 3 levels(3,6,9,12,15)
+1 to parry with claws, +1 every 2 levels(2,4,6,8,10,12,14)
And thanks to Zenvis- Armor Piercing. Similar to armor piercing bullets, these claws are so strong and sharp they reduce the AR of an opponent by -3 at first level, pllus another -1 at levels 3,6,9,12,15. That means a 6th level hero with this power going against a creature with a Natural AR of 16 only has an AR of 11 for purposes of determining whether or not the claws bypass the armor. Note that this armor piercing is only for claw attacks the hero with this power makes, and not some permanent modifier to any AR.

I figured that might be a nice addition. The armor piercing is the main gist of the power, and it might be broken. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by MrTwist on Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Loki persuaded blind Hod to make a dart of Mistletoe and throw it at Baldir. The mistletoe dart promptly killed him.
I'll have a good look over the stats for the claws and get back to you.. looks like fun though.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

And that was exactly the legend I was referring to. Couldn't remeber if the plant was right. Thanks.
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

MrTwist wrote:So, I was looking at a couple powers the other day in PU1. Energy Claws and Claws. Sure, energy claws take time to build up in power, but why would you waste a minor on a power with no future? Claws stays the same every level. Well, wingless flight has a major version(Mega Wings, which is actually a really nice power), so I figured Claws should have some kind of major counterpart. I read comics a lot, and am a fan of a certain Marvel wild-man-turned-hero.

Mega Claws(major):
This power gives the hero claws, on each hand, worthy of fear. The appearance of the claws, physically, is up to the player. They can be visibly composed of bone, steel, rock, or even mistletoe for those fans of
mythological stories(tell me if I'm wrong on the plant that killed a Norse God, so I can edit this post). Regardless of the composition, these weapons of destruction strike fear into the hearts of those who know what they are.

Range: These claws extend about 9 inches beyond the knuckles of the hero. They extend from the wrist forward.

Damage: 3D6 at first level, plus 1D6 per each additional level. After 3rd level, this damage can be divided by the number of claws used(there are three per hand. Divide by the appropriate amount, rounded up, depending on claws used. 2 claws means 2D6 + 1D4 per additional level. 1 Claw means 1D6 + 1D2 per additional level).

Duration: These claws stay out as long as the hero wants them to. Since they are retractable, they will disappear back into the character's body with a thought.
[
b]Penalties:[/b] These claws do damage to the character every time they are extended or retracted. When initially unsheathed, they do 1D6 damage per hane direct to hitpoints. When retracted, they do 1D4 damage per hand, also direct to hitpoints.

Notes: These claws are so strong they can parry any weapon. In effect, like lesser rune weapons, they are indestructible. They can parry even magical weapons without a chance of damage.
In regards to damage vs. creatures immune to damage. Creatures that are only damaged by magic weapons are not affected by this power, unless this power is granted by magical means. For invulnerable characters, this power can even damage those considered without physical worry. For this purpose, calculate all damage from the claws themselves, not including PS bonuses. This damage affects the invulnerable character, but at 1/4 the damage rolled.

Bonuses:
+1D6x10 to SDC
+2 to strike with claws, +1 every 3 levels(3,6,9,12,15)
+1 to parry with claws, +1 every 2 levels(2,4,6,8,10,12,14)
Armor Piercing. The claws can ignore AR up to 10 at first level. They can ignore higher AR at higher levels. Add 1 to the AR they can ignore at levels 3,6,9,12,15).
Any AR below this level is ignored. Any AR in excess of what the claws ignore is treated thus; for every AR above 10 that can be ignored, add +1 to strike roll ONLY to determine whether or not the attack bypasses the AR. E.G. The defender rolls a 12 to dodge. He has an AR of 17. The attacker, level 9, rolls a 13 total. He hits, unfortunatly, he is below the AR of his target. Including the AR penetration bonus, the strike roll is a 16. Since it is still below the AR of his target, all damage is done to the armor. If his roll(including bonuses) was 2 higher, he would've penetrated the AR and done damage to the person inside.

I figured that might be a nice addition. The armor piercing is the main gist of the power, and it might be broken. Let me know what you think.

Nice, Very nice.
I would do some changes so as to keep it form being over powering.
~~ A.R. thing: I would recommend a -3 to A.R. and then the bonuses as they appear.
~~ The verbage on the A.R. thing is kind of confusing I would re-read it and clean it up a bit.

I still like the power though. :-P
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

When I get a chance to re-read it and edit it, I will. I was quite a bit drunk when I wrote it. Made sense to me at the time.

I do like your suggestion of a negative, initially, to AR, then more over time. Of course, added together with the strike bonus, sooner or later an opponent's AR is going to be useless. But then again, that's why I kept the damage on par with an EE power and made the power a Major one.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Like I said before, I was rather drunk when I wrote it. So, it wasn't perfect. Since I don't own a GMG, I really wasn't aware of those Penetration Value rules. Nice. So, with everyones' suggestions taken into account, I'll try to(sober) make an updated version.

Mega Claws(major)
This power is an extension of the minor power of claws. With this power, wickedly sharp and durable claws extend from the character's hands. The exact point of exit can be determined by the player. They can extend from the wrist, between the fingers, back of the hand. There are always three claws on each hand though.
Range: The claws are between 9-12 inches long.
Duration: The claws stay out as long as the character wants. They can be extended or retracted with a thought, and doesn't count as an action.
Damage: 3D6 + 1D6 per level. After third level, this damage can be regulated to be 1/3 or 2/3 due to only 1 or 2 claws being extended.
Bonuses:
+1D4x10 SDC
+2 to strike with claws, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15
+1 to Parry with claws, +1 at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14
Armor Piercing: These claws are very, very sharp. For those using the optional Penetration Value rules, treat the claws as initially having a P.V. of 6. This P.V. increases by +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12. For those not using these optional rules, treat the claws as being armor piercing(reduces AR of target by 2). This reduction in AR increases by +1 at levels 3, 7, 10, and 14.

Hopefully that's a little bit better. If not, well at least I tried.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

thagema wrote:Its getting better but I would modify the power in the following ways:

1. change the damage gained with experience to 1D6 every other level
2. allow some other uses for the power, like being able to propel them causing the equal damage minus PS bonus. Have them regrow almost instantly (within one melee round)
3. lower the SDC bonus, it seems rather high and isn't really justified. That is a lot of extra SDC for just six claws.

As it stands now, the power really is the equivelant of a minor EE power, albeit a powerful one. It needs more to be a major than just armor penetration. Just some thoughts...

Reducing damage to every other level would put this power as weaker than an EE. The SDC bonus is just a way of bumping the power to the level of a major. I figured the bone structure is most likely what anchors the claws in plce, and would have to be substantially stronger in order for the claws not to snap off when parrying, striking super hard substances, etc...

Now shooting the claws, well, just seems out of the area of what the power is designed for. It's meant to be just for melee combat, not ranged also.

I'm sure there is some way of increasing it's power so it's more on par with certain other majors, but then again some powers are stronger than others. Maybe including some kind of secondary attack, such as an all-out claw fury kind of atack might be useful. If you can think of another subpower that would fit into the concept, go for it. Or maybe a few select subpowers, like ten or so, but only a few can be chosen. Sort of like giving the power a bit more customization. Things like shooting them, extra damage, increased length, looking so menacing they give a HF, etc..

This power is easily combined with various other powers. Various powers which can create toxins/poisons can poson the claws to allow a much quicker effect due to reaching the blood faster. Enlarge body parts would most likely add 1D6 or 2D6 to the damage. When you get your claws in someone, Conduct Electricity would just hurt a lot. Of course all this can be said with the Claws minor power.
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

the drunken werebear wrote:Energy Expulsion De-Energizing:
This power turns of Alter Physical Structure or Copy Physical Structure in a limited spot. The recourse is the rest of the body burning or getting electrocuted or freezing from the terrible temperatures etc.
that is painful to the transformed part of the body. The character has as many blasts as they have attacks.

Damage: Equal to the victims own regular energy expulsion. This damage comes off S.D.C’s first then the H.P.’s.
Range: 200 feet (+100 feet per level of experience).
Duration: The transformed part of the body remains flesh and blood for one melee per level of the characters experience.
Diameter: Diameter of the blast is 1 foot per level of experience.

can some one please explain to me what this power does
feeble little brain does not comprehend this power

Look though the stuff that I submitted. You'll find a fleshed out power that does just that (page 8 ).

Zenvis wrote:35 – Energy Expulsion De-Energizing – Minor:
This power turns of Alter Physical Structure or Copy Physical Structure in a limited spot. The recourse is the rest of the body burning or getting electrocuted or freezing from the terrible temperatures etc.
that is painful to the transformed part of the body. The character has as many blasts as they have attacks.

Damage: Equal to the victims own regular energy expulsion. This damage comes off S.D.C’s first then the H.P.’s.
Range: 200 feet (+100 feet per level of experience).
Duration: The transformed part of the body remains flesh and blood for one melee per level of the characters experience.
Diameter: Diameter of the blast is 1 foot per level of experience.
dark brandon
Knight

Here's a power I've been wanting to create, but don't have much time to flesh it out or balance it (IE: play test it). Anyone's free to give it a shot.

Annalize (major)
This character is able at a glance to guess fairly well the physical nature (and sometimes more) of an enemie. At a touch the character can accuratly guess the physical nature of an enemie as well as get vivid insight as to any potential weaknesses or strenghts it may have.

At sight:
Character can guess between 1-3 points of how strong (PS) a creature is (does not reviel supernatural/superhuman/extra. strenght). He/she can also do the same for PP and SPD. Can also guess if this person is under some sort of mind control

At touch:
Character knows the exact nature of his enemies strenght, PP SPD as well as PE. He/she also knows if this is a Supernatural creature with enhanced strenght as well as any weaknesses or potential strenghts it may have. Can also tell what kind of creature it is if they have the appropriate lore, otherwise just the information about how to hurt it/what makes it strong will be available.

Upon talking to a person for a few minutes (1d4) the character can make an acurete guess on this persons Mental capabilites as well as general alignment and possibly motives.

Bonuses:
Something that gives a bonus or defence to detect lies
Something that allows the character a bonus in being charmed possibly possesed.
A bonus in skills like Intellegence, streetwise, and a few other of these skills where "knowing your prey" could be important.

Bonuses.

+2 IQ
+ 1 ME/MA
+2 strike/parry/dodge an enemie he's annalized by sight.
+4 strike/parry/dodge an enemie he's annalized by touch.

+10% on all lore skills, as well as intellegence and subterfuge skills.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Actually I thought about your suggestions quite a bit thagema. I just disagreed with them. But then again, I think it may be a good idea to scrap the Mega Claws power. Just can't seem to get it right. By the way, the powers you had posted before were always good. I think you should give it another shot.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Hey thagema, MrTwist is right. You should stick around because I can use all the help I can get :D I'd like you guys to help me with my power: Emulate Super Abilities. I posted it on the first page of this thread and I'd like to fix it up enough so that it might have a chance of getting on ZEN's list but I'm not sure where to start. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Iczer »

gadrin wrote:
Iczer wrote:I can post any of the following if you really want.

Major

Entropy manipulation:

ExoMorph

Holographic sheath.

Homunculus

Inner Magician:

Instant Upgrade:

yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the above.

Neither would I :)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

ZEN wrote:[snip]

As for Emulate super abilities.. if you want that added to the page, make it a whole lot less similar to Mimic, as one of the reasons powers don't get added to the page is because they basically clones of other existing powers.. things like Nigh Invulnerability are ok because its an alternative, low powered version of Invulnerability.

[snip]

I'll take another look at Emulate, but as it is, no, I probably won't be adding it to the page.
I still hold out hope that you can bring me a version I can add though.
8-)

Ah, less like Mimic.....hmmmm. I'll give it a shot but that seemed the easiest route to get it where I wanted it. If I don't get it right away maybe you could check it out again later.

Hey what about a list of Evil Powers? For villains only? Do you think that would be cool/handy or not?
8-)

I think it would be handy. Besides, I'm curious about what would make the list of Evil Powers. Well I'm off to think up more powers (maybe even some evil ones!).
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I really liked the spatial distortion powers. Nice work. Sensory avatar is interesting. It seems like a 'astral projection for the astrally inept' kind of thing though. Might want to leave that to the psychic characters.
shadowknight

Unread post by shadowknight »

I have 3 Major Powers.

1. Godlike I.Q.
2. Godlike P.P.
3. Godlike P.E.

Why these 3 powers while enhance I.Q., enhance P.P. and enhance P.E are nice powers there should be a higher version of those powers. Just like theres enhance P.S and Superhuman Strenght and Supernatural Strenght there should also be a more powerful version of enhance P.P an P.E.
dark brandon
Knight

ZEN wrote:Yeah, thats what I think to.

Ah well, there goes those powers which are completely evil..

New powers added to the page by the way, as well as a couple of little pictures by me (I might add quite a few, I tend to take a break from editing and sketch something I thought of as I was writing).. gimme a break though, they are only five minute doodles!
8-)

Not everyone plays heros in the game. Most of my characters are anti-hero/borderline villain...so I wouldn't mind seeing the power.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Chamalkan wrote:It needs some polishing up but I did my best to lay down a solid premice and set up good boundaries for the ability.

What do you think?

Looks like a good idea to me. Good job.

Here's one more from me. It still could use a little work but I like the basic idea so far. Probably a little too close to Ambient Energy Blast but here goes......

Power Battery (Minor)

The character possesses a Minor Super Ability which is powered by an internal battery which must be recharged from some external source. The character has the ability to recharge this battery by absorbing the energy he/she needs from almost any available source. This makes the character completely immune to attacks from the type of energy he/she needs to absorb (even after the character's internal battery is full).

Battery Points: The character can absorb damage from attacks (or from coming into contact with large amounts of energy) and store it as energy for a limited time within his/her body. To determine the character's Battery Points (simply the amount of energy the character can absorb) multiply the character's P.E. by 10. For example: a character with a P.E. of 14 would have 140 Battery Points.

Power Cost: The character must spend 6 Battery Points per die of damage (or 6 points per melee that the effect lasts) to power the Super Ability.

Type of Energy: Roll on the following table (or choose one) to determine what type of energy the character needs to absorb and then roll (or choose) which Minor Super Ability the character has that is powered by the battery.

1-15 Cold ( 1-50 E.E.: Cold 51-100 E.E.: Icy Mist)
16-30 Electricity (1-50 E.E.: Electricity 51-100 E.E.: Electrical Field)
31-50 Fire/Heat (1-50 E.E.: Fire 51-100 E.E.: Flame Ring)
51-60 Kinetic Energy (1-50 E.E.: Force 51-100 Power Channeling)
61-75 Light (1-50 E.E.: Light 51-100 Glow Bug)
76-85 Radiation (1-50 E.E.: Microwave 51-100 Glow Bug*)
86-100 Sound (1-50 E.E.: Directed Sound 51-100 E.E.: Ultrasonic Screech)

* Any one who stays within 20 feet of a character using Radiation powered Glow Bug for more than a melee or two has a 01-15% chance of contracting radiation sickness.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Power Battery does look interesting. I'm not sure whether to consider it a limitation on a power, or an improvement. It gives an immunity to a specific attack form, but at the same time requires you to "charge" a power before it can be used. You run out of Battery Points, and the power becomes useless. The thing is, I only see one advantage to this power; the immunity. A few things on your list are actually covered, as immunities, in PU1(I think, I don't have my copy handy). Being immune to kinetic energy is rather powerful though.

I do see this working much better as a major power. Keep the immunity and the battery points. Maybe include some way to 'super-charge' a power to have a greater effect, more damage, etc... Maybe even a way to seriously over charge a power with some risk to self(percentage chance of all powers failing for a limited time, damage, etc..., like the Nova blast sub-power).

Of course, these are just suggestions. Honestly, this power seems somewhat like the Imbued power category. Something triggers/powers your abilities. The added immunity bonus is nice though.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Harmonic Attunement is similar to an idea I once had, but could never get fleshed out enough to post; a power that lets you damage the things you normally could not. Nice.

As always, just giving a few suggestions here. Drop the melee round concentration requirement. I believe there was a power posted on this thread, or maybe on a website(can't remember which, and don't feel like going through all the pages of this thread to find out) that gave an immunity to attack forms continually used. I think it was that the first attack did full damage, second did 1/2, third did 1/4, and fourth did absolutely no damage. Kind of like the invulnerability power taking time to get used to the attack.

So, with that in mind. Give the first attack a damage penalty, or even no damage whatsoever. From there, give an increased damage progression until the power 'get's used to' the vulnerabilities of the foe.

Whether or not you agree, good job.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

By accident, I double posted. Hope I caught before anyone else read it.

I had an idea for a power, which I'm still fleshing out. Within the next day or two I'll post it. As with many ideas I have, it works for me, but sometimes I have difficulty converting my ideas to a form other people can coherently understand.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I like what you were getting at, thagema. Here's an idea how it might work.

Spatial Distortion Field(major)
This power creates a field around the character that distorts space in a controlled but concentrated area around them. Visually, this field makes the character within the field look like they are being seen through extreme heat distortion. Around the character, space itself becomes malleable for certain effects.
1. Damage Disbursement Field - This ability allows the character, with some concentration, to reduce the damage dealt to them by all attacks incurred. The distortion effect redistributes part of the force of the blast elsewhere.
Range(applies to all sub-powers): The field only extends outward from the character at a range of a foot.
Duration(applies to all sub-powers): The field lasts only as long as concentrated upon.
Damage Ignored: Due to spatial redistribution of damage, some of the total damage is ignored. Any attack is reduced by 1D6 + 1D6 per level. Also, any extra damage because of PS bonus is only half. This damage reduction even applies to magical weapons. Upon GM discretion, even psionic sources of damage could be affected by this power
Effects: Use of this sub-power reduces all combat bonuses by -4, and APM is reduced by 1/2.
2. Reflection Field - As opposed to focusing on all incoming sources of damage, the character instead configures their field to focus on extreme velocity attacks. When this field is active, ranged attacks suffer a disadvantage.
AR: AR 14(+1 at levels 3, 7, 10, 14) vs. projectiles only.
Effects: Any attack involving projectiles has a chance of the attack being redirected to the attacker.A projectile attack must make two strike rolls against this character. The first strike roll is to determine whether the AR was penetrated, and the second strike roll is an 'in case' roll. If the first roll hits, but does not exceed the AR, then an ally of the attacker is struck. The second strike roll is applied as a strike to the new defender, with all applicable bonuses to dodge or parry. If the first strike roll is a natural 1-4, then the second strike is a strike roll against the orginator of the attack. In that case, only PP bonuses are applicable, or Auto-Dodge.
3. Combat Field - Instead of focusing on specific areas, the character distorts space on a more general level. This hybrid approach gives a more generalized benefit.
Effects: When this field is in active, a combination of the above two fields is in effect. First, the character using the power has a natural AR of 13(+1 at levels 4, 8, and 12). Any attack that hits, but does not exceed the AR requires percentile dice to be rolled.
1-30 - The attack is reflected without harm.
31-45 - An innocent bystander is hit by the attack. Resolve damage and consequences accordingly. Damage is only 1/3.
46-65 - An ally of the attacker has been hit(if no allies, treat as harmlessly reflected). Damage is halved.
66-86 - The attack is reflected back upon the attacker, but at half damage.
87-97 - An ally of the defender is struck. Damage is halved.
98-100 - An ally of the defender is struck(and if no allies, a bystander. If none of either, the attack is ignored). Full damage.
Along with the AR, the character has a minor attack disbursement field in effect. All attacks which do hit are reduced in damage by 1D6 at level 1, plus another 1D6 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15. This reduction is not rolled as an absolute, but instead is a reflection of the amount of dice used to roll the damage of an attack. Also, in HTH, PS bonuses to damage are reduced based on the character's level. At level 1-2, PS damage is applied fully. Level 3-5, PS damage is 3/4 normal. Level 6-9, damage is 1/2 normal. 10-12, damage is 1/4 normal. 13-15, damage derived from PS is reduced to 0.

Ok. So it's not quite what I imagined when I first started writing it, and most likely not quite what thagema was thinking of. But, it was worth a shot.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks for the feedback guys. My original idea for the power was for the character to be able to supercharge it to do more damage but when I posted it I sort of forgot to add that in. :oops:

I think I've managed to work it out a little better. Let's see what you think now. I'll even upgrade it to a Major if you think it's that powerful.

Here we go again.......

Power Battery (Minor)

The character possesses a Minor Super Ability which is powered by an internal battery which must be recharged from some external source. The character has the ability to recharge this battery by absorbing the energy he/she needs from almost any available source. This makes the character completely immune to attacks from the type of energy he/she needs to absorb (even after the character's internal battery is full).

Battery Points: The character can absorb damage from attacks (or from coming into contact with large amounts of energy) and store it as energy for a limited time within his/her body. To determine the character's Battery Points (simply the amount of energy the character can absorb) multiply the character's P.E. by 10. For example: a character with a P.E. of 14 would have 140 Battery Points.

Power Cost: The character must spend 6 Battery Points per die of damage (or 6 points per melee that the effect lasts) to power the Super Ability. Because the character has full control of the energy that has been absorbed it is possible to direct more of it into a single attack allowing the character to “super charge” that attack. The character is able to increase the power of an attack up to 50% without causing him/herself any harm. For Example: a 3rd level character with E.E.: Electricity would be able to super charge his attack allowing him to do 9D6 points of damage instead of his usual 6D6.

It is possible to increase the power of an attack by even more than 50% however the character runs the risk of loosing control of the Power. Anytime a character increases an attack by more than 50% there is a chance (equal to the percentage of the increase –50) that he/she will loose control of the Power causing a Super Nova like blast. This Nova blast causes damage to the character as the power erupts from within him/her and everything within 10’ radius + 2’ per level. For Example: the 3rd level character decides to double the power of his E.E.: Electricity attack (for a whopping 12D6!) and runs a 50% chance of causing a Nova blast that would do 12D6 points of damage in a 16’ radius (including the character!).

Type of Energy: Roll on the following table (or choose one) to determine what type of energy the character needs to absorb and then roll (or choose) which Minor Super Ability the character has that is powered by the battery.

1-15 Cold (1-50 E.E.: Cold 51-100 E.E.: Icy Mist)
16-30 Electricity (1-50 E.E.: Electricity 51-100 E.E.: Electrical Field)
31-50 Fire/Heat (1-50 E.E.: Fire 51-100 E.E.: Flame Ring)
51-60 Kinetic Energy (1-50 E.E.: Force 51-100 Power Channeling)
61-75 Light (1-50 E.E.: Light 51-100 Glow Bug)
76-85 Radiation (1-50 E.E.: Microwave 51-100 Glow Bug*)
86-100 Sound (1-50 E.E.: Directed Sound 51-100 E.E.: Ultrasonic Screech)

* Any one who stays within 20 feet of a character using Radiation powered Glow Bug for more than a melee or two has a 01-15% chance of contracting radiation sickness.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

thagema wrote:Mr. Twist:
No, that wasn't really what I had in mind, but that is a nice take on it. I didn't see as a spatial distortion type of ability. When I get the chance I will post my own version, at least partial, of how I imagined it.

Oh. Sorry. I took a look at the abilities and just tried to combine a few things. Of course, my mind has been swiss cheese since I haven't really slept since Fable came out. Trying to find a way to make it worth the money I spent on it.
Last edited by MrTwist on Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I got a question about the Power Battery. Is it a power above and beyond the minor ability it powers, or is the minor ability it powers included in the power?
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:I got a question about the Power Battery. Is it a power above and beyond the minor ability it powers, or is the minor ability it powers included in the power?

Hmmm, the way I see it is it's basically a different take on the Minor Abilities. I gave it a new limit (not being able to provide the basic energy for the power) and then added a new bonus or two (making the character impervious to the energies needed for the power). So, yes the Power Battery does include the Minor Ability.

I've been thinking that I should reduce the immunity to the energy type down to half damage (after the battery is full). I'm thinking that might be more balanced especially with the ability to super charge the power. Sound about right?

[EDIT]

Hey ZEN, I just checked out your site and saw that you had added Power Battery to the list. You should add your name to the power. Thanks for the editing, btw. I have good intentions but I'm no writer...

[/EDIT]
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I like the new power thagema. The Aura Dispersion subpower is rather nice. I'm glad you put in the one melee round limit, otherwise it could get out of control at higher levels. I know it's a stupid question, but how does the fire aura affect the user? Not their body, but what they are wearing. Are their costumes and equipment affected by the extreme heat?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”