Where is the Galaxy Guide's Alien Education and Skill Table?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Where is the Galaxy Guide's Alien Education and Skill Table?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

The 2E HU corebook references this table in the Alien creation section. The Galaxy Guide 2E references it as "that follows" on p190, 2nd column, last paragraph. It doesn't follow. Did it get cut by accident, was it released somewhere else, or am I missing it?

"Alien Education and Skill Table" only turns up once in the Galaxy Guide.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
green.nova343
Adventurer

Re: Where is the Galaxy Guide's Alien Education and Skill Ta

Unread post by green.nova343 »

thorr-kan wrote:The 2E HU corebook references this table in the Alien creation section. The Galaxy Guide 2E references it as "that follows" on p190, 2nd column, last paragraph. It doesn't follow. Did it get cut by accident, was it released somewhere else, or am I missing it?

Nope, you're right, it does seem to be missing in action. Granted, even without it you can still use the existing HU2 table (with the addition of the new skills), or pick one of the AU:GG skill programs instead. The only thing missing from that on the latter is having any secondary skills. My suggestion would be either give them a set number (9), or make it a dice roll (I would recommend 1D6+6).
thorr-kan
Adventurer

green.nova343 wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:The 2E HU corebook references this table in the Alien creation section. The Galaxy Guide 2E references it as "that follows" on p190, 2nd column, last paragraph. It doesn't follow. Did it get cut by accident, was it released somewhere else, or am I missing it?

Nope, you're right, it does seem to be missing in action. Granted, even without it you can still use the existing HU2 table (with the addition of the new skills), or pick one of the AU:GG skill programs instead. The only thing missing from that on the latter is having any secondary skills. My suggestion would be either give them a set number (9), or make it a dice roll (I would recommend 1D6+6).

I did notice most of the skill programs have a section roughly "If this is your profession, here's all the skills you get" including Secondary. Makes them into mini-OCCs, sort of.

I just wanted that table! :)
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

thorr-kan wrote:
green.nova343 wrote:

I did notice most of the skill programs have a section roughly "If this is your profession, here's all the skills you get" including Secondary. Makes them into mini-OCCs, sort of.

Crap, I was skimming too much & not reading closely enough..
thorr-kan
Adventurer

green.nova343 wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:
green.nova343 wrote:

Crap, I was skimming too much & not reading closely enough..

We'll completely ignore the fact that it took me two read-throughs to notice those sections...

Snide remarks are left as an exercise for the student. :)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”