"invincibility"

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nuristas
Explorer

"invincibility"

Unread post by Nuristas »

I am sure I read about a power of such type in a rifter but I can't seem to find it any more...
Does anybody have a hint?

I know it was in a character description and that is the only place it showed...

Thanks if anybody wants to take the time.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Re: "invincibility"

Unread post by ITWastrel »

Invulnerability is a major power found in the Heroes Unlimited corebook. That ability renders the toon neigh invincible, invulnerable to most damage.

Invincibility doesn't ring a bell.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

ITWastrel wrote:Invulnerability is a major power found in the Heroes Unlimited corebook. That ability renders the toon neigh invincible, invulnerable to most damage.

It does for me.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Powers Unlimited 3 has the Major Power Indestructible, which lets the character make something else indestructible by touch. There are bunch of Immunity powers across the setting's books, as well. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Beast wrote:
ITWastrel wrote:Invulnerability is a major power found in the Heroes Unlimited corebook. That ability renders the toon neigh invincible, invulnerable to most damage.

It does for me.

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the post.

I think there are a few characters in Century Station and/or Gramarcy Island that have been given some sort of magical invincibility but not sure if any of these are what you are looking for.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Nuristas
Explorer

Unread post by Nuristas »

Warshield73 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

It does for me.

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the post.

I think there are a few characters in Century Station and/or Gramarcy Island that have been given some sort of magical invincibility but not sure if any of these are what you are looking for.

Possibly.

I am 99,9% sure it's a major power with one character or another.
But for the love of me, I can't find in which book and I have been through them all.

Probably a case of reading over it due to doing it too quickly.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm way out of date on my Rifters, but I can't think of what you are thinking about either. To add what was mentioned earlier, maybe Monstrous Form or Massive Damage Capacity from PU3?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

There is an “Impervious” power in Heroes of the Megaverse. It offers an AR of 18, a lot of SDC and Hit Points and a ton of other resistances.
sine yo pity on da runny kind
Achilles6
Newb

Unread post by Achilles6 »

Nuristas wrote:I am sure I read about a power of such type in a rifter but I can't seem to find it any more...
Does anybody have a hint?

I know it was in a character description and that is the only place it showed...

Thanks if anybody wants to take the time.

"Invincibility" or "Indestructibility"?

if it's the later, it's in Rifter #12 pg 62.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Achilles6 wrote:
Nuristas wrote:"Invincibility" or "Indestructibility"?

Which means it's not canon and will need GM approval, unless of course you are GM, but it pretty much looks the same as "Invulnerability + teh Cooler" with the very brief description of the character only being affected by certain magic and psionic powers and then only lists two spell/power possibilities. It's basically someone's version of Invulnerability + a bunch of free extra immunities for the munchkin who can't be bothered to stop for the two minutes it might take them to recover after they stomp someone who CAN affect them.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

fbdaury wrote:
Achilles6 wrote:
Nuristas wrote:"Invincibility" or "Indestructibility"?

Which means it's not canon and will need GM approval, unless of course you are GM, but it pretty much looks the same as "Invulnerability + teh Cooler" with the very brief description of the character only being affected by certain magic and psionic powers and then only lists two spell/power possibilities. It's basically someone's version of Invulnerability + a bunch of free extra immunities for the munchkin who can't be bothered to stop for the two minutes it might take them to recover after they stomp someone who CAN affect them.

Its not a munchkin stuff, it's what invulnerabilty should be. Some GM's can't handle PC's having any power, so the very vulnerable "invulnerabilty" is for them. Don't knock stuff just cuz you don't like it.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”