Defensive Immunity quick question, I think.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Defensive Immunity quick question, I think.

Unread post by Yukon »

I went looking with search, and found a few things about this power from PU3, but still not sure on one part..
When you adapt to the first attack, it doesn't seem to say outright whether that first attack actually does damage or not.
Do you adjust to an attack before you get hit with that first attack and it does no damage?
Do you adjust to an attack after the first one hits, and therefore get damaged by it?

I am thinking that as long as you see an attack, you can adjust to it before it hits you. The first time you adjust in a fight, it takes no attacks. In the same fight, if you get attacked by something else, you can adjust to that, but you use up an attack. The way it sounds, is as long as you have attacks to switch to, and see everything coming (helpful for this is Radar, Heightened sense of awareness, Danger sense, Supervision: circular vision, among others) nothing will actually hit/hurt you. I'm not sure if that is right. It honestly sounds a little cheap, but what I want to know is if my interpretation of it as written is agreed on.
Thanks.

PS. It does say something about "will begin working automatically the first time the character is exposed or attacked by it in combat, adapting to that first assault against him, before that attack can do any further damage against him (making him temporarily immune to it)."
The bold emphasis is added by me.

It seems to me, that it should either automatically adapt as you are hit, whether you see the attack or not, because you just experienced it by getting hit... Or you should be able to adapt before you are hit, by seeing the attack. But, I guess neither option is mutually exclusive and it could be both? .....
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Defensive Immunity quick question, I think.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It says you adapt to any further attacks. That indicates to me that you take damage from the first hit.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”