Airwalker Major Power?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Airwalker Major Power?

Unread post by Yukon »

I have looked on NMI's Black Vault, but not knowing what it might be called, it's hard to tell...
And the powers thread is a beast to look through. search is only useful when you know what you are looking for.

Does anyone know if a Major version of the Density Walking power has been made? I want a speedster that can run on air (not just smoke, clouds, etc..).
He would be able to run, walk, and just stand in place on air at whatever the running speed is. Not quite flight, because I want to use running motion and the speed the character can run at.
If it doesn't exist already somewhere, or at least if it is not known to, perhaps this would be an impetus for someone to create the power?
Thanks ahead of time.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Airwalker Major Power?

Unread post by Yukon »

Or even as a minor power, since the Density walking power is anemic anyway..(IMO)
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I did a couple of Major powers with the ability to walk on air.

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... _Walkabout

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... Constructs

Thanks. Not quite what I'm looking for, as I'd like to be able to change elevation and move at top speeds, but might give me a place to start.
I'm thinking running through air as if there is a ramp under them where ever they go that is invisible and insubstantial to everyone else.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Why not just do it as a power combo using wingless flight but say they have to be running to use it? The ability to "stand" in the air is a flight ability, as is the aility to move through the air at high speed. I'm not seeing why it needs to be more complicated than that.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Good point. The only reason I was trying to make it more complicated was so that the running speed (such as sonic speed) could be used while in the air.
But I think you've convinced me to keep it simple.
It is for an NPC, so it doesn't matter as much anyway. Just, when I make something for NPCs, I like to make at least a version that is usable as a PC power.
I must be a masochist, trying to make things harder for myself than they need to be. LOL
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Glad I could help.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Glad I could help.

and thank you.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”