Supernatural Being

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nuristas
Explorer

Supernatural Being

Unread post by Nuristas »

Greetings,

From my understanding a Mega-Hero would detect as a supernatural being.
is there a power which would prevent for example a psi-stalker or a dog-boy or a being with the power detect supernatural to sense such a being?

I didn't really find anything, so it seemed like a good idea to ask.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Supernatural Being

Unread post by Glistam »

The Invisible Haze super psionic power should work for that - that would be my ruling as a G.M.. Other than the worse/cheaper version in Powers Unlimited 1, there's nothing Incan think of that would do it. There is a price for power - becoming supernatural and suffering all the drawbacks that entails psychically and magically is the price for this power.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Alter aura....maybe.

There are artifacts in the NB;Nightlands book that hide the true aura of the wearer. As ether as a human or NB. Or as a Null Aura.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Both Rune items and artifacts can generate a Null aura.
A ring that did just that and was indesctructible as a lesser rune item would be an artifact.
Which ever Rifts book has rules for Rune weapons should have the rules for Null aura if you don't have the Nightbane book with the artifacts in it.
I Am imagining a smooth dull looking ring, or perhaps a bracelet or armband worn beneath clothing.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Nuristas
Explorer

Sir_Spirit wrote:Both Rune items and artifacts can generate a Null aura.
A ring that did just that and was indesctructible as a lesser rune item would be an artifact.
Which ever Rifts book has rules for Rune weapons should have the rules for Null aura if you don't have the Nightbane book with the artifacts in it.
I Am imagining a smooth dull looking ring, or perhaps a bracelet or armband worn beneath clothing.

So basically magic items are not detected by the dog boy/psi-stalker? it's only high PPE/ISP/Supernatural nature which is detected?
I have always seen it played that magical items were sniffed out too but if that is true, that would work like a charm regarding this problem.

Are we sure about this? I'll also check it once I get home in my RUE book.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Show an example of a Rune item/weapon that does this. In other words, quote your citation for this.

Sir_Spirit wrote:A ring that did just that and was indesctructible as a lesser rune item would be an artifact.

Only in the archeology sense of the word artifact. But not how you are using the word.
The NB magic Artifacts are different from the PF standard for Rune items/weapons and different from PF standard for the Holy Weapons. (Rifts follows the PF standards for rune stuff and holy weapons.)

Sir_Spirit wrote:Which ever Rifts book has rules for Rune weapons should have the rules for Null aura if you don't have the Nightbane book with the artifacts in it.

Again quote your citation for this.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nuristas
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Show an example of a Rune item/weapon that does this. In other words, quote your citation for this.

Sir_Spirit wrote:A ring that did just that and was indesctructible as a lesser rune item would be an artifact.

Only in the archeology sense of the word artifact. But not how you are using the word.
The NB magic Artifacts are different from the PF standard for Rune items/weapons and different from PF standard for the Holy Weapons. (Rifts follows the PF standards for rune stuff and holy weapons.)

Sir_Spirit wrote:Which ever Rifts book has rules for Rune weapons should have the rules for Null aura if you don't have the Nightbane book with the artifacts in it.

Again quote your citation for this.

Hello Drewkitty,

The Ability you refer to is indeed a Nightbane ability. It does however also appear in the Dragons & Gods book as a rune weapon ability (p.232) (which I found out by using the search button on the forum 8-) )
It is the only place where this could be found. Hopefully that is enough.

And that nightbane ability/runic weapon ability might do the trick :-D

Thanks guys!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I see the Null Aura inPFL D&G looks to be a Copy & Paste if the Greater Artifact power in the NB: Nightlands book. (giving the org. to that which was published 1st. also the use of artifact in the text points to that it was copied from the NB:NL book.) Thank you for the citation.

Further commentary..... the D&G Speed Doubler is just an edited version of what is in the NL book.
However, the other rune item powers look to be org. to the D&G book. Even if the Shape-changing power idea may have been taken from the Artifact text also.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Nuristas wrote:is there a power which would prevent for example a psi-stalker or a dog-boy or a being with the power detect supernatural to sense such a being?

Sure, SA2 has "create ley line".
Just learn a spell of legend and permanently sacrifice some PPE bro.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Even if the Shape-changing power idea may have been taken from the Artifact text also.

I think I recall something like that in the magic weapons section of PF2 prior to D+G though that could've been taken from Nightbane too...

I guess the question is if there's any 1st-ed Palladium RPG books that have size-changing weapons.

Or wait... wasn't that something Magic Weapons from HU could do even in 1st ed?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Axelmania wrote:I think I recall something like that in the magic weapons section of PF2 prior to D+G though that could've been taken from Nightbane too...

I guess the question is if there's any 1st-ed Palladium RPG books that have size-changing weapons.

Or wait... wasn't that something Magic Weapons from HU could do even in 1st ed?

PF2 magic marbles and Transforming weapons. Both of which are not rune weapons.

Since magic weapons are not the current topic being talked about in this thread what you are doing is avoiding (deflecting from) acknowledging that I'm correct in my assessment of where/when the text For the specific artifact/rune power being talked about came from. Instead of trying to not having to avoid acknowledging other are correct, the better way to not appear to be a part of the Alpha Heta greek house, is to acknowledge the other person is correct and then the conversation can move on.

As for the HU2 Enchanted Weapon (which is specifically said to be HU's form of ""rune weapon"" in the HU2 text) have no transformation ability in the text. Thou, due to the nature of the HU text, it is possible for the GM to write a transformation ability (like shrinking down to a pendent sized version of itself) into a character's weapon's text.

Bringing a ""may-be"" reference from a De-canonized book as if you are typing a train of thought is just more of the same being in the Alpha Heta greek house trying to not to acknowledge someone else is correct about what the text says.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”