Fun(?) with Chemical Secretion

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Fun(?) with Chemical Secretion

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

I've been thinking about this power lately and went back and reread it. It says that inventive GMs may choose to add new chemicals and I wondered if anyone here had some new ones.

It's one of those powers that seems like it would be more useful/dangerous in the hands of characters with higher education levels and a lot of criminal masterminds seem to go by Professor or Doctor while a henchman who barely graduated High School might have trouble with it.

It already has some powerful combat chemicals but I thought it might have other noncombat possibilities.

Glow in the dark dye/vapor (putting some on a wall could provide enough light to read by, a glowing fog would be good at Halloween, general fun at parties)

Colorful dyes (non glowing finger paint for marking directional arrows on walls or simply spray painting something a different color, maybe quick hair color change?)

Insect repellent (a cloud to keep the mosquitoes or magical/mutant/enlarged insects at bay)

So have you guys (or your GMs or players) come up with any others?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Fun(?) with Chemical Secretion

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It's already more dangerous than most notice.

in Palladium/HU "Acid" as in APS Acid, for some reason, won't hurt people. It's like getting water squirted in your eyes or something. It'll melt non living things but living things are fine.

The stuff from Chemical Secretion flat out is lethal.

While.... a being that is 100% made up of acid... is not.

But to answer your question, yes it could get much worse, depending on what a GM allowes and how much work someone wants to put into it. Thing is, it is pretty strong -as is- so adding more would need to be carefully watched, least it becomes OP

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's already more dangerous than most notice.

in Palladium/HU "Acid" as in APS Acid, for some reason, won't hurt people. It's like getting water squirted in your eyes or something. It'll melt non living things but living things are fine.

This is why I always change APS Acid so it does damage to organic flesh. The official power as written makes not a lick of sense. I should probably post a revised version in the New Powers thread so others can enjoy it the way I do.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's already more dangerous than most notice.

This is why I always change APS Acid so it does damage to organic flesh. Whe oficial power as written makes not a lick of sense. I should probably post a revised version in the New Powers thread so others can enjoy it the way I do.

I totally agree. It's like someone looked at APS Acid and went 'Oh that's going to be BAD if we let it do... what it's supposed to do. Make it "Acid" but.... for Disney.... G rating.'

It makes not a lick of sense the way it's written.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's like someone looked at APS Acid and went 'Oh that's going to be BAD if we let it do... what it's supposed to do. Make it "Acid" but.... for Disney.... G rating.'

It makes not a lick of sense the way it's written.
Palladium sometimes tries to tone down superpowers to make them less lethal. I prefer a level of realism though. BTW You did a revised version of APS Acid already. http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... Revised%29
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yep. For this exact reason.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”