How would you advance Century Station into the 2020s.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

How would you advance Century Station into the 2020s.

Unread post by Cobalt-Blue »

It's been twenty years since Cetury Station was published. If you were starting a new campaign, how would you project the city into the present? What happened with Alpha Prime? What of Mayor Zardonna's plan to restore the city? Has it continued to slide into decay, or was it pulled out of the tailspin? I'm curious as to other's ideas.
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: How would you advance Century Station into the 2020s.

Unread post by The Beast »

Aside from updating what and how tech is used I don't see much of a need to update it. So stuff like smartphones, delivery drones and ride shares would be more commonplace, and things that Palladium thought were cutting-edge at the time (aside from the standard superhero stuff) would be... ignored maybe. I guess I'd have to look through on case-by-case basis as to whether something still seems high-tech or not.

As for the plotpoint stuff, that's something that should be handled on an individual basis for each GM's game, dependant on both what story the GM wants to tell (ie: how does the mayor's plans for the city go), and on how the players interact with the world (are they helping, hindering, or ignoring what the mayor does?).
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Beast wrote:Aside from updating what and how tech is used I don't see much of a need to update it. So stuff like smartphones, delivery drones and ride shares would be more commonplace, and things that Palladium thought were cutting-edge at the time (aside from the standard superhero stuff) would be... ignored maybe. I guess I'd have to look through on case-by-case basis as to whether something still seems high-tech or not.

As for the plotpoint stuff, that's something that should be handled on an individual basis for each GM's game, dependant on both what story the GM wants to tell (ie: how does the mayor's plans for the city go), and on how the players interact with the world (are they helping, hindering, or ignoring what the mayor does?).

Thank your for taking the time to read and reply. I appreciate the input. I'm curious, however, how YOU would advance the plot points, assuming that Zardona's plans are carried out. I'm not wanting to start the story where it is as stated in the book, but advance it from there as 2000, to where it would be today at 2020. How would YOU handle that?
Who are we?! We're the North Ashwood first string football team and cheering squad! Prepare to get your butts kicked!"

South Ashwood? Nah we wouldn't go there. They have too much of a problem with roving boy-bands having dance offs.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Zardona failed. The Feds stepped in and things went downhill again quickly, making the city essentially an occupied warzone. The Council of Industry floundered and destroyed itself with its infighting. Midtown has devolved to be as bad as Brisby was, Brisby has devolved to be as bad as the Labyrinth was, and the Labyrinth is an independant community ruthlessly run by The Minotaur, and expanding into Brisby. Modulus eventually made a bid for mayor and won, and has mostly reatored the Society Hill section of the city to its former self over the last 8 years. All superhuman activity is illegal except what the Feds allow, and they've allowed many of the former criminals to earn clemency by joining this peacekeeping force. The Centurions disbanded and most of the surviving old heroes are working underground, led by the returned former Centurion Joan of Arc. Modulus is currently executing a presidential campaign.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

Glistam wrote:Zardona failed. The Feds stepped in and things went downhill again quickly, making the city essentially an occupied warzone. The Council of Industry floundered and destroyed itself with its infighting. Midtown has devolved to be as bad as Brisby was, Brisby has devolved to be as bad as the Labyrinth was, and the Labyrinth is an independant community ruthlessly run by The Minotaur, and expanding into Brisby. Modulus eventually made a bid for mayor and won, and has mostly reatored the Society Hill section of the city to its former self over the last 8 years. All superhuman activity is illegal except what the Feds allow, and they've allowed many of the former criminals to earn clemency by joining this peacekeeping force. The Centurions disbanded and most of the surviving old heroes are working underground, led by the returned former Centurion Joan of Arc. Modulus is currently executing a presidential campaign.

Thank you. I"m working from something similar.

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I've never really played a moved forward CI as a major part of my game, but a few obvious things that could be thrown into the history:

The Minotaur orchestrates a prison break from GI, wiping out most of the cities heroes, and the push to save the city along with it.

The power behind GI's Warden turns out to be political, and pushing for an entirely robotic police force that turns CS into a controlled police state without heroes.

Bounties were put on the heroes, and leaders of the city by powers still unknown. The Syndicates and Color Gangs get discounted equipment upgrades and go on a bender.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Cobalt-Blue
Megaversal® Ambassador

RockJock wrote:I've never really played a moved forward CI as a major part of my game, but a few obvious things that could be thrown into the history:

The Minotaur orchestrates a prison break from GI, wiping out most of the cities heroes, and the push to save the city along with it.

The power behind GI's Warden turns out to be political, and pushing for an entirely robotic police force that turns CS into a controlled police state without heroes.

Bounties were put on the heroes, and leaders of the city by powers still unknown. The Syndicates and Color Gangs get discounted equipment upgrades and go on a bender.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”