Immortal in Nightbane (Crossposted)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Immortal in Nightbane (Crossposted)

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Greetings,

I am going to participate in a Nightbane game as an Immortal from Powers Unlimited 2 (specifically fallen godling), either as a wizard or with super powers. Given that as a R.C.C. Nightbanes have a lot of abilities (extra stats, regeneration, a lot of P.P.E., Talents) I would like to pick the spells or the powers that let me contribute to the party, I would love some help with the selections.

What would be stronger as a starting/long-term character?

a. Wizard Supreme: 20 spells from levels 1-10, 6 +1D6 spells from levels 11-15, about 225 P.P.E starting. (For versatility nothing beats magic, theoretically I could learn all the HU2 and Nightbane spells).
    b. Super Powers: 3 Majors and 1 minor. (I was thinking of versatile powers since those will be my only powers during the whole game: Energy Conversion, Force Manipulation, Transmutation, Healing Factor).

Any suggestions?

[I crossposted this in the Nightbane forum since I am not sure where would be better to ask]
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:00 am, edited 18 times in total.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: Immortal in Nightbane (Crossposted)

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

If you're looking for some power/durability as well as versatility then you might want to also look at 71-75% - Super Abilities & Magic: One Major, One minor plus 8 spells from 1-5 and 7-9 to pick from.

That being said honestly it depends on what you're looking at to play. None of those powers 'speak' to me, but I'm also not sure on one, where is Force Manipulation?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Daniel Stoker wrote:If you're looking for some power/durability as well as versatility then you might want to also look at 71-75% - Super Abilities & Magic: One Major, One minor plus 8 spells from 1-5 and 7-9 to pick from.

That being said honestly it depends on what you're looking at to play. None of those powers 'speak' to me, but I'm also not sure on one, where is Force Manipulation?

Daniel Stoker

Thanks for the answer. The powers are from Powers Unlimited 3.

I want to be able to contribute in a Nightbane game, either as a combatant or as an intelligence gathering asset. If a combatant, the idea is to have force multipliers and battlefield control capabilities.

I was thinking of going Wizard and purely investigative/support spells (Amulet, Carpet of Adhesion, Words of Truth, Remove Curse, Love Charm, Charismatic Aura, Anti-Magic Cloud, etc) given that a Wizard Supreme starts with a lot of P.P.E. and many high level spells, it opens many possibilities as a force multiplier (Amulet creation, weaponry enhancement with Charm Weapon/Temporary Ritual/Enchant Weapon, a portable Protection Circle: Superior, improved mobility with Fly as the Eagle/Superhuman Speed, infiltration with Invisibility: Superior, combat improvement with Superhuman Strength/Speed, et cetera).

Spell recommendations would be appreciated, so far:

Level One: See Aura (6), See the Invisible (4), Sense Evil (2), Sense Magic (4)
Level Two: Mystic Alarm (5)
Level Three: Invisibility: Simple (6), Telekinesis (8)
Level Four: Carpet of Adhesion (10), Charismatic Aura (10)
Level Five: Eyes of Thoth (8)
Level Six: Compulsion (20), Tongues (12), Words of Truth (15)
Level Seven: Fly as the Eagle (25), Invisibility: Superior (20), Life Drain (25)
Level Eight: Love Charm (40)
Level Nine: Havoc (50)
Level Ten: Metamorphosis: Superior (100), Mystic Portal (60)
Level Eleven: Anti-Magic Cloud (140), Create Magic Scroll (100+), Remove Curse (140)
Level Twelve: Amulet (290+), Summon & Control Entity (250)
Level Thirteen: Protection Circle: Superior (250), Sanctum (390), Talisman (500)
Level Fourteen: Restoration (750)
Level Fifteen: Resurrection (2,000)
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Wizards are more work in terms of the numbers involved but you get more versatility. Superpowers are more limited in versatility but not reliant on PPE.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

How odd, when I looked on Friday I couldn't find that power in PU3 to save my life. That being said I found it now and I can see that being useful but still yeah, all that is going to require you to hang back more to make sure you don't get squished, though I can see it being useful for your group.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”