Converting Phase World to HU2

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Explorer
Comment: Eternally Sleepy

Converting Phase World to HU2

Unread post by 1970 »

I know the Phase World Sourcebook (Dimension Book 3) had suggestions for dropping Aliens Unlimited into the Phase World setting, but what about the reverse? I wasn't a big fan of AU, so having other space settings to pull from to supplement my HU2 universe will hopefully work out. Right now I've got Phase World and some of the sourcebooks for it, plus Manhunter and the TMNT Guide to the Universe. If anyone has any advice on how to balance a MDC setting to a SDC world would be appreciated. Thanks!
Formless Faceless and Free
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Converting Phase World to HU2

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Start, unless you really hate HU GG completely I would use the basic geography laid out on page 10.

For Phase World my suggestion would be to use DB2 Phase World and DB 12 Dimensional Outbreak and I would just add in Phase World, the cosmic forge and Cosmo Knights into the milky way. No CCW or TGE or any of that. Depending on how you are doing FTL you might want to skip the phase gates or have each gate linked to a matching gate at a specific spot in the galaxy. Phase Transceivers are great for 3 galaxies spread out in a very high tech environment but in this setting it my be disruptive. I would put it near the core between the TGE and FAR space so it is near enough to Earth to be relevant but not so near that again it is disruptive. If you are using Armageddon Unlimited with the Minion War you can tie it in as well.

I wouldn't bother bringing any of the PW races into AU as AU and AUGG have plenty of aliens already. You will want the Prometheans and maybe phase powers / tech but I would do a direct MDC to SDC conversion and just play around with the AR.

Now I love the Trceritons, I even briefly had an MDC triceritons that invaded Rifts Earth so they are great. When I use them in HU / AU I always put them on the outer rim of Ilta. They are a threat to earth but not an immediate one and you get a border between them and the Atorians that would just be an amazing CF.

Just what popped into my head when I read your post, hope it helps.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Explorer

Unread post by 1970 »

I have to admit, I have a love of the Triceritons as well. In fact, the entire TMNT Guide to the Universe is gold as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind adding in some Phase World races, since the major thing I really don't like about Aliens Unlimited is the huge number of redundant races. To be honest, I didn't like a lot of Phase World either, which is why I'm looking to merge the two into something I do like.

As for your other suggestions, I'm still on the fence for what to do with Phase World's dimensional gates. I don't now how I feel about having my heroes jumping from dimension to dimension, but if I do I've got Transdimensional TMNT to help, plus the Megaverse Builder, though it's been ages since Ive really given it a look.

I definitely don't want to overdo the galaxy with too many factions, I just have to pick and choose which ones I really want without stepping on each other's narrative niche.

You've given me some really interesting stuff to think about. Thanks for your response!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I agree about not filling the galaxy with factions, you need empty spaces. That is why I suggested the locations I did for Triceritons and PW. If you put them there you still have half of Liloqua and Ilta unclaimed and most of Titrana. Also don't forget that you can put some races in extra galactic clusters.

Truthfully the gates I was talking about were the giant ship gates that allow ships to travel instantly to PW from anywhere in the Three Galaxies. I really never gave much thought to the Dimensional gates. I think in a AU setting I would limit the gates to a few places and have them largely unused. Something where the people of PW are more worried about what might come through one than they are about trading with what does. The PW book does describe a few dimensions you could use and of course Hades and Dyval. I would avoid the Splugrth and Naruni. Replace the Naruni with TGE and replace the Splugorth with something else or maybe have an SDC splugorth but use races in AU for his servants.

As for AU races being redundant, that is sort of the point. You don't use all of them you just pick and choose the ones you like and populate your galaxy with them. Since most of the races are only on one planet it is actually easy. If you bring PW races over be careful. Most everything about them is designed to fit in an MDC game and in the geopolitics of the Three Galaxies so any that you bring over will need close to a full rewrite.

From your OP I got the impression that you wanted to bring the planet PW into the HU galaxy, which would be a lot of work on it's own, but if you truly plan to merge the two that is basically creating your own universe from palladium parts. Good luck.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Explorer

Unread post by 1970 »

Thanks, I may need it.

I've mentioned the TMNT Guide to the Universe twice now, and it occurs to me that I should probably be using that as a base instead of Aliens Unlimited. I'd update them a bit, add Phase World proper, replace the Splugorth with the Naruni (because I love the Uteni), add few more races and factions (but not too many) and I'm off.

Thanks again, Warsheild73, you've been a big help!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”