Kaiju building?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Kaiju building?

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

What would be the best way to make a Kaiju/Godzilla type monster with it being to weak or to over powering?

Is there a write up on how to make such a monster?

Thanks for your input.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
RockJock
Knight

Re: Kaiju building?

Unread post by RockJock »

I don't think I've ever seen anything about giant monsters.

Using something like Growth combined with a few other powers like Extraordinary PE, etc(and a liberal GM) you can get in the 60ft range. If you apply that line of thinking to a mutant animal I think you can get something that comes close to a Kaiju type.

A quick example: Mega Mutant with 1 majors, 2 minors being Growth, Extraordinary PE, and Hardened Skin. Build with a low IQ, good PE, and animal features you want. Say a prehensile tail, and fur to resemble a giant monkey. If you end up with a 30 PE, which isn't out of the realm the character can hit 60ft. If your GM will allow Giant to be thrown in there on top of the Growth power you can get a little taller. For Mega abilities Tremendous SDC and Tremendous PS fit the bill. If your GM is liberal enough you might be able to get even taller since the giant is getting nothing from the Mega boost for ranged powers. Not perfect, but a workable building sized monkey.

If I was a GM and wanted to do something like this I would be happy to up the size, and even PS/SDC if it fit the game. As a player character, probably not.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

Kargan3033 wrote:What would be the best way to make a Kaiju/Godzilla type monster with it being to weak or to over powering?

Is there a write up on how to make such a monster?

Thanks for your input.

How big do you want your monster, K?
CES
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

RockJock wrote:I don't think I've ever seen anything about giant monsters...

Rifter 44 has some giant monsters in it, at least two have a HU setting write-up.
MarissaLH2112
D-Bee

Unread post by MarissaLH2112 »

Are you wanting a low end King Kong-sized kaiju or something bigger,? Kong was originally in the neighborhood of 18 feet tall. The biggest he’s been so far is about 146 feet tall in King Kong vs. Godzilla.

At the upper end of the kaiju scale, there’s the anime Godzilla at 1,033 feet tall, a deep desert Arrakis Sandworm at 9,121 feet long, and the grown Clover Beast from The Cloverfield Paradox at somewhere around 6,500 feet tall.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The Beast wrote:Rifter 44 has some giant monsters in it, at least two have a HU setting write-up.
I'll have to try and find a copy.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”