Mutant Animals and Mutant Underground

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pad300
Wanderer

Mutant Animals and Mutant Underground

Unread post by pad300 »

I am not sure how the Genetic Mutation Tables on pg 25-32 of Mutant Underground are supposed to be used.

Do you
a) start with a baseline human, built using steps 1-6 (skipping 3, Determining Super Abilities) pg 14-24 HU2 and the roll on A1 and A2 to "animalize" the character?
b) Build a human mutant, built with steps 1-3 (skipping step 4 for super powers )pg 158-162 HU2 and the roll on A1 and A2 to "animalize" the character?
c) Build a Mutant animal, steps 1-6 pg 162-170 HU2 and the roll on A1 and A2?
d) Something else? (If so, please explain what.)

Thank You.

My personal best guess right now is c), but it results in significantly stronger Mutant Animal Characters than the original rules - In general table A1 adds some super abilities to a mutant animal...
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Re: Mutant Animals and Mutant Underground

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Mutation tables are supposed to be used for humanoid mutants. You still have powers, you just get extra features using the mutation table.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
pad300
Wanderer

Unread post by pad300 »

Gryphon Chick wrote:Mutation tables are supposed to be used for humanoid mutants. You still have powers, you just get extra features using the mutation table.

Ok, to make sure I am clear here, you think that it's supposed to be build a character using the Mutant class, powers and all, and then 1d4+2 rolls on A1 and 1d4+1 on A2? Do you do this for Mutant Animals as well as for "normal" human mutants?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

pad300 wrote: Do you do this for Mutant Animals as well as for "normal" human mutants?
No, just humanoid mutants. You have to buy features using BIO-E for mutant animals.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

This section was taken from After the Bomb 2nd edition. I would suggest A or B. Or you're making a
eugenics character (see Powers Unlimited 2).

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”