Motorcycle Armor

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KoalatT53
D-Bee

Motorcycle Armor

Unread post by KoalatT53 »

When building a motorcycle in HU, I see that a heavy bike has a weight limit of 450 pounds, but light armor weighs considerably more than that. How can a builder armor a motorcycle in game?
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Motorcycle Armor

Unread post by slade the sniper »

What book are you using? In 2nd Edition, the ground vehicle armor doesn't have a weight (left side, page 140) and passenger armor (same column) also doesn't have a weight, but is not available for motorcycles without GM approval. This is also the rule in TMNT Road Hogs.

Just build the bike with the armor you want, I would say, since it has no weight (in game).

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

slade the sniper wrote:What book are you using? In 2nd Edition, the ground vehicle armor doesn't have a weight (left side, page 140) and passenger armor (same column) also doesn't have a weight, but is not available for motorcycles without GM approval. This is also the rule in TMNT Road Hogs.

Just build the bike with the armor you want, I would say, since it has no weight (in game).

-STS

"This is the Yamaha Slab, the successor to last year's Brick."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

KoalatT53 wrote:When building a motorcycle in HU, I see that a heavy bike has a weight limit of 450 pounds, but light armor weighs considerably more than that. How can a builder armor a motorcycle in game?

As previously asked, which edition of HU are you using.

HU2E, while it does list a weight limit of 450lbs, but the vehicle armor on pg140 doesn't list a weight. So I am not sure how you came to this conclusion, unless you are using the Robot Vehicliar Body Styles to determine armor weight.

Personally I'd just assume a suitably powerful engine is in place to negate the weight of the armor (or other extras) and treat the 450lbs as the payload/passenger weight as that is what appears to be intended IMHO.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

taalismn wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:What book are you using? In 2nd Edition, the ground vehicle armor doesn't have a weight (left side, page 140) and passenger armor (same column) also doesn't have a weight, but is not available for motorcycles without GM approval. This is also the rule in TMNT Road Hogs.

-STS

"This is the Yamaha Slab, the successor to last year's Brick."

Some of these bikes are not exactly small...
https://www.visordown.com/features/top-10s/top-10-heaviest-current-production-bikes

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”