Hardware Unlimited ver 0.0.5

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Hardware Unlimited ver 0.0.5

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Revan wrote:Snake bite
A 7-10 foot long whip maid entirely of interlinked flexible metal scales that works similar to a snakes body. The whip itself does 2D6 damage but the real power is in the end. Instead of tapering off at , there are two metal "fangs" that each contain a chemical agent of some kind (usually some kind of sedative or poison). When the fangs enter into flesh or armor, the pressure put onto the ends works like a piston and forces the chemicals out and into the the body or armor. The victim must make a successful save versus toxin/poison for each dose he or she take (each fang is one dose).
Can I maybe post this to the Black Vault wiki, hmmm?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Petradust
“In about ten minutes you’ll be a pretty piece of statuary for my den! Do try to put a good expression on your face; I’ll be looking at it for a long time to come!”

Petradust is a quantum stasis nanodust that works in similar fashion to the Major Power Petrification. It was originally developed to preserve organic materials, but has since crept into criminal use.
Stored, shipped, and deployed in silver cylinders similar to dynamite sticks, Petradust is expelled by a small charge up to 6 ft. Petradust then ‘freezes’ the state of organic materials it falls upon, locking it in qauntum stasis, and transforming the material into a glossy, stony, rigid material state.
Unlike the Petrification power, Petradust ‘stoning’ has an indefinite duration, but only confers 1,000 SDC to the target(500 to snap off a limb). The state can be REVERSED by the Petrification power, various high-energy quantum unlocking gear, or a dose of reversal nanites. As with the Petrification power, beings with powers like Invulnerability, Earth Possession, Alter Phsyical Structure:(Inorganic), or who are already non-carbon based lifeforms are immune. Those who have been frozen with Petradust and later revived have no recollection of any passage of time while petrified.
The amount of Petradust deployed to ‘freeze’ a target is also important; 1 lb. of Petradust can preserve/tranform 100 lbs of organic material. Using too little Petradust runs the risk of seriously injuring the intended target(takes 1d4x10 SDC from flesh petrifying and sloathing off). Petradust remains active for 10 minutes after being deployed/activated(potentially posing a problem to anybody trying to come to the assistance of a ‘stoned’ victim and coming in contact with excess Petradust nanites).
Saving Throw: 15 or better to resist being ‘stoned’.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Revan wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Revan wrote:Snake bite
A 7-10 foot long whip maid entirely of interlinked flexible metal scales that works similar to a snakes body. The whip itself does 2D6 damage but the real power is in the end. Instead of tapering off at , there are two metal "fangs" that each contain a chemical agent of some kind (usually some kind of sedative or poison). When the fangs enter into flesh or armor, the pressure put onto the ends works like a piston and forces the chemicals out and into the the body or armor. The victim must make a successful save versus toxin/poison for each dose he or she take (each fang is one dose).
Can I maybe post this to the Black Vault wiki, hmmm?

Be my guest.

Cool.

Edit: Done. :)
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

These seem fairly common, Revan. I was hoping for more funky gadgets...
taalismn
Priest

Revan wrote:Credit card knife.
This is a normal looking credit card, just a bit thicker. Concealed in the bottom is a razor blade that is brought out and put away by pressing down on a certain point of the credit card, usually a small logo or design of some kind. The blade does 1D6 damage and can be useful when all obvious weapons are taken.

"In Russia, credit cards cut YOU up!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This is a normal looking credit card, just a bit thicker. Concealed in the bottom is a razor blade that is brought out and put away by pressing down on a certain point of the credit card, usually a small logo or design of some kind. The blade does 1D6 damage and can be useful when all obvious weapons are taken.

This is something the book already recommends for hardware geniuses to make. It is hardly original.:(
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

This is something the book already recommends for hardware geniuses to make. It is hardly original.:(

Not to mention, I've seen these for purchase - they're commonly available. Also as far as damage goes, I would think 1d6 would be a bit much - maybe 1d4, but size really matters when it comes to damage in knives - either thrusting or slashing, this sized weapon just wouldn't be enough to cause a lot of damage.
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Not to mention, I've seen these for purchase - they're commonly available. Also as far as damage goes, I would think 1d6 would be a bit much - maybe 1d4, but size really matters when it comes to damage in knives - either thrusting or slashing, this sized weapon just wouldn't be enough to cause a lot of damage.

Agreed.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Agreed.

Check these out for different styles..
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/cr ... -20101222/

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/wea ... -by-boker/

http://www.canadaknives.com/product_inf ... e09d0ec8ac

I personally like this one - more of an "all-in-one" type kit that could be quite useful..
http://www.toollogic.com/default-catego ... cc1sb.html
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Rappanui wrote:What I'd like to see is a new generic Gear list that stops using 1986 prices for things and acknowledge things like blu rays, micro cds, usbs, and Pentaflop Computers without resorting to absurdisms that we see in nightbane (486s being the regular computer people use... for example).

and an implant Section so that Ninjas and Superspies gizmos get upgraded to Post 2000 Scifi levels.

And A Vehicle construction system with a Point system so that people don't build 400 MPH Heavy Bikes with Tank armor..

Sounds good :)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
PapaMambo wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Agreed.

Check these out for different styles..
http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/cr ... -20101222/

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/wea ... -by-boker/

I personally like this one - more of an "all-in-one" type kit that could be quite useful..
http://www.toollogic.com/default-catego ... cc1sb.html

I've actually got this one

I've carried it.. probably 15 years. Used it more than once too. Sadly never to stop super crime, but it's one of the two knives I carry daily. Good stuff. Just don't forget it when you go through airport security. They don't think it's funny at all.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I think the book needs have 6 categorie for gadgets,Offensive,Defensive,Movement,Sensory and Miscellaneous.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

gaby wrote:Well I think the book needs have 6 categorie for gadgets,Offensive,Defensive,Movement,Sensory and Miscellaneous.

That's 5 categories...and I would say "Utility" instead of the last one.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Sorry.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Don't be sorry, that happens to be the same 5 categories I sorted super powers into when rating them to sort them into 4 power tabl;es instead of 2...
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

here is my contribution I have never played the hardware toon before. the valkarye is based on the vid from FPS Russia (a damn fine set of Youtube vids) but with some serious up grades to it think an early skynet.

High Tech toys BY Wildfire Industries

ZEUS Electro Gauntlets
Nomex and Titanium composion body
AR 12 SDC 120 (have to beat the AR to damage the units)
They hold electrical power to send out electrical blasts at a high current power the blast has a 100ft range and does 6d6 SDC the gaultets each hold 10 blasts and the units can be fired in tandam.
Alternately the gaultets can be used to stun people or animals similar to that of a stun gun
20 stun blasts
The batteries recharge 1 per 30 mins or fully charge in 30 mins plugged into an outlet withe the built in speed chargers but the electrical bill is a killer. If the unit is damaged it takes 3 hrs to recharge properly The are solid black and are insulated to make the holder immune to electricity when holding something.

ANUBIS Force Field Belt
The belt creats a a personal force field of various strength. The belt can make a force field with 200 SDC for 10 mins before needing to be recharded. Alternately it can creat a belt with 150 SDC for 15mins or 100 SDC for 20 mins. The belt can be recharged via electrical outlets or generators recharges 100 SDC per hour. If over loaded (out of SDC) it shuts itself down which can be counter productive in a fire fight.

ICARUS Rocket Pack
This is slim build jet pack which uses a revolutionary fusion generator to charge it and can hold 8 hrs of flight time. This unit requires a flight suit or heat resistant armour to be used or you have one hot ass. The Jet thrust of the unit allows for speeds from 0 (a hover in place) to up to 224kph this will burn through the power at a rate of 4 hours. A cruising speed of 100kph allows for 8hrs of use.
AR 12 SDC 150 (have to beat the AR to damage the units) it is built from a Tuitanium, Nomex and Kevlar body.
Altitude 1000 meters (1 km)
Bonuses when in use +4 to dodge +6 when over 100kph +4 to dam for every 32kph of speed (max +28) however you need protection or your wrist will take damage

Vidicator Armour
AR 16 SDC 200 form fitting weight 16lbs is resistant to heat and fire no damage from jet packs and none from fire or heat up to 600 degrees C. Has an independant O2 supply 2hrs. Built in multi-optics band. Radios VHF 100kms range , HF 300kms range, built in encryption devices. Built in computer for remote control of vehicles and for normal computer functions (equivilant to and I12 processore and 4 tb of harddrive with 1 tb ram).

Valkarye drones
Quadcopter air drones 1m by 1m holds either a 10 gauge shat gun, a 45ACP sub machine gun or a a grenade launcher. Head up display to monitor of controller10 km range.
AR by location
Rotors 50 each(can fly with only 1 working loses 25% of spee per rotor lost)
Main body 100
Camera 50 (called shot to hit -4 to hit)
Weapon 75 SDC
Range 100KM or 2 hours of use at slow speeds
Speed 0-100kph
Payload
1. 10 gauge shotgun rounds 30 6d6
2. 45 ACP 200 can single shot or burst short (6 rounds) or long (20 rounds)
3. 20 MM Grenades 30 single shot 6d6 to a 3m radius
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Rappanui wrote:What I'd like to see is a new generic Gear list that stops using 1986 prices for things and acknowledge things like blu rays, micro cds, usbs, and Pentaflop Computers without resorting to absurdisms that we see in nightbane (486s being the regular computer people use... for example).

In my campaigns, I allow characters to use whatever tech site they prefer to come up with prices for these types of things. Want an apple macbook 17"? Go to apple and find the price. Blu-Ray player? Hit sony or best buy.

Although I do agree that book prices are way outdated. Which is why I let people use what's currently available in the real world for prices.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Was looking for this post earlier today. Found it and decided it could have a good home here in this thread.

Originally created by Wayne Breaux. The following material had been mentioned by Wayne previously on these boards.

Target Verification System: The original application of this system was in the military as a vehicle or robot targeting computer designation and acquisition program, but assassins and bounty hunters use it the way special forces do, without changing its operation, they change the application and use it to target humans and other ‘soft' targets. The software is tied into mini-computers on the arms, hips, or in backpacks then feeds to a display unit that shows images and known statistics on a specific person. The basic software package simply displays information as it is called up by the user. Displays can be projected onto helmet face plates, the screen of wrist or palm computers, bionic eye displays, or in some advanced races 3-D holographic display systems. This allows the hunter to readily identify his target, for he has a picture of them right there in front of him, often quite literally as the image floats before him on a helmet HUD or bionic eye.

The advanced versions of this system are even more impressive. Specialized hardware can be bought for both palm and arm computers that have scanners. These scanners will sweep an area and search for the target currently in the attached computer's data banks. If a match turns up, the system alerts the user with an audible or vibrating warning and displays a map-like grid showing where the contact was. More expensive units have a non-damaging laser targeting beam that indicates the quarry when it is noticed, but the most effective use of this software is when it is combined with cybernetics. A cybernetic eye can be programmed to scan for the unit and the eyes own targeting sight (or one provided by the software) will track the target once it is located. Cyber arms can be programmed to draw a weapon and fire on the target the instant confirmation is acquired. Additionally, for those without the benefit of cyber-ware, the software package can be linked to a weapon outfitted with H&M micro comps. In this case, the weapon can alternately be used to scan for the target and programmed to fire upon confirmation.

Bonuses: The base system +3 to perception rolls or +10% to intelligence to streetwise rolls when attempting to locate a target in a nearby area. When coupled with the scanners, the system either adds +20% to the same rolls or provides a base 60% to scan on it's own (Yes, you can make two rolls, one for your skill and one for the scanner's base percentage, though the latter should be made by the game master). The scanner system also adds a +1 to strike with aimed shots. The fully integrated bionic system with the auto targeting arm has the same bonuses as the scanner, but it is +2 to strike with and aimed shot and adds +2 to initiative.

Cost: Base unit (either palm or arm mounted): 1200 credits. Unit with scanners and notification systems: 6000 credits. Unit with scanners, notification, and cybernetic or weapon integrating software (Including H&M Micro-comps and exoskeleton systems): 18,000 credits.

Note: that and exoskeleton rig can be worn to support the bionic auto aim system for characters without bionics.

Full Mobility Combat Armor: This is a suit of specially designed hard armor plates over a mobile armored mesh. It is very maneuverable and preferred by the bounty hunters who must be as flexible and adaptable as possible. A helmet that can be sealed to the armor provides limited environmental capabilities, and when combined with a jet pack, the user has a light, versatile armored suit that affords good protection and great mobility.

A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 100.
Bonuses: +1 to parry and dodge.
Cost: 6000 credits.

Full Mobility Flight Pack: Light, but limited jet pack that is little more than a souped up jump jet system. It can only fly for 5 minutes at a time at speeds up to 160 mph. It can cover about 13 miles with each short flight or engage in aerial combat for 20 melees. It holds enough fuel for 10 flight periods. Between each flight period, the pack must cool for 5 minutes. It is possible to make almost continuous flights by resting more frequently. Such measured hops would result in the pack covering about 100 miles in an hour with a maximum range of 130 miles. The greatest strength of the pack is not extended flight, however, but fast, maneuverable combat.

Bonuses: When worn by a skilled pilot (one that has the sill Pilot: Jetpack), the flight pack provides the wearer with a +1 to strike with hand held weapons or fists, +2 to parry, +4 to dodge, and can perform stunts with a +10% bonus to the roll. Those without the piloting skill only receive a +1 to dodge. Note that the flight pack can not hover in place like the flight super abilities and must obviously fly, though it may shift position within a small area to meet those requirements (approximately a 8-10 foot globe of movement; can't be used in most indoor areas).

Cost: 12,000 credits
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
taalismn
Priest

Retinal Mimic Cyberoptics
These are cyberoptic eyes that are set up to be able to scan another person's eyes and then reproduce the retinal pattern in themselves, in order to fool biometric retinal scanners. In order to accomplish this, the implantee must get close enough to the to-be-mimicked victim to successfully scan their open eyes(they don't have to be conscious, however, just the eyes have to be open). The scanning process takes 1 melee, though the pattern can be erased and reset for re-use in a moment. No other enhancements can be made to the eye(like thermal imaging optics, or low-light, etc.) though the eye can be made modular.
Cost: 35,000 credits
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Was looking for this post earlier today. Found it and decided it could have a good home here in this thread.

Originally created by Wayne Breaux. The following material had been mentioned by Wayne previously on these boards.

Target Verification System: The original application of this system was in the military as a vehicle or robot targeting computer designation and acquisition program, but assassins and bounty hunters use it the way special forces do, without changing its operation, they change the application and use it to target humans and other ‘soft' targets. The software is tied into mini-computers on the arms, hips, or in backpacks then feeds to a display unit that shows images and known statistics on a specific person. The basic software package simply displays information as it is called up by the user. Displays can be projected onto helmet face plates, the screen of wrist or palm computers, bionic eye displays, or in some advanced races 3-D holographic display systems. This allows the hunter to readily identify his target, for he has a picture of them right there in front of him, often quite literally as the image floats before him on a helmet HUD or bionic eye.

The advanced versions of this system are even more impressive. Specialized hardware can be bought for both palm and arm computers that have scanners. These scanners will sweep an area and search for the target currently in the attached computer's data banks. If a match turns up, the system alerts the user with an audible or vibrating warning and displays a map-like grid showing where the contact was. More expensive units have a non-damaging laser targeting beam that indicates the quarry when it is noticed, but the most effective use of this software is when it is combined with cybernetics. A cybernetic eye can be programmed to scan for the unit and the eyes own targeting sight (or one provided by the software) will track the target once it is located. Cyber arms can be programmed to draw a weapon and fire on the target the instant confirmation is acquired. Additionally, for those without the benefit of cyber-ware, the software package can be linked to a weapon outfitted with H&M micro comps. In this case, the weapon can alternately be used to scan for the target and programmed to fire upon confirmation.

Bonuses: The base system +3 to perception rolls or +10% to intelligence to streetwise rolls when attempting to locate a target in a nearby area. When coupled with the scanners, the system either adds +20% to the same rolls or provides a base 60% to scan on it's own (Yes, you can make two rolls, one for your skill and one for the scanner's base percentage, though the latter should be made by the game master). The scanner system also adds a +1 to strike with aimed shots. The fully integrated bionic system with the auto targeting arm has the same bonuses as the scanner, but it is +2 to strike with and aimed shot and adds +2 to initiative.

Cost: Base unit (either palm or arm mounted): 1200 credits. Unit with scanners and notification systems: 6000 credits. Unit with scanners, notification, and cybernetic or weapon integrating software (Including H&M Micro-comps and exoskeleton systems): 18,000 credits.

Note: that and exoskeleton rig can be worn to support the bionic auto aim system for characters without bionics.

Full Mobility Combat Armor: This is a suit of specially designed hard armor plates over a mobile armored mesh. It is very maneuverable and preferred by the bounty hunters who must be as flexible and adaptable as possible. A helmet that can be sealed to the armor provides limited environmental capabilities, and when combined with a jet pack, the user has a light, versatile armored suit that affords good protection and great mobility.

A.R.: 12 S.D.C.: 100.
Bonuses: +1 to parry and dodge.
Cost: 6000 credits.

Full Mobility Flight Pack: Light, but limited jet pack that is little more than a souped up jump jet system. It can only fly for 5 minutes at a time at speeds up to 160 mph. It can cover about 13 miles with each short flight or engage in aerial combat for 20 melees. It holds enough fuel for 10 flight periods. Between each flight period, the pack must cool for 5 minutes. It is possible to make almost continuous flights by resting more frequently. Such measured hops would result in the pack covering about 100 miles in an hour with a maximum range of 130 miles. The greatest strength of the pack is not extended flight, however, but fast, maneuverable combat.

Bonuses: When worn by a skilled pilot (one that has the sill Pilot: Jetpack), the flight pack provides the wearer with a +1 to strike with hand held weapons or fists, +2 to parry, +4 to dodge, and can perform stunts with a +10% bonus to the roll. Those without the piloting skill only receive a +1 to dodge. Note that the flight pack can not hover in place like the flight super abilities and must obviously fly, though it may shift position within a small area to meet those requirements (approximately a 8-10 foot globe of movement; can't be used in most indoor areas).

Cost: 12,000 credits

Any chance we can get permission to post these to the Black Vault wiki?
I took the liberty of posting your Retinal Mimic Cybereoptics there, Taalismn. I have not been keeping up on this thread enough to have noticed if there is anything else of yours that can be posted there.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Go ahead and post them Stone Gargoyle. I had permission back in the day to host the info on one of my other, now defunct sites.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Go ahead and post them Stone Gargoyle. I had permission back in the day to host the info on one of my other, now defunct sites.
Will do when I have time. Now I have my laptop back working I have more internet time to spend on such efforts.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Rappanui wrote:i hate to mention this, but this sort of thing was covered in Rifter 49 in the stage magic unlimited option.

Not everyone has Rifter 49! ;)
Do you have a unique invention, gadget or weapon to share with us? :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rappanui wrote:I would, but then they wouldn't be secret anymore.

So that would be a "no". Anything you claim to have created but refuse to post is irrelevant.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Alright, alright, play cool.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

How about making chemical based in the form of Gass and Liquids.
taalismn
Priest

Kitty-Booties ---These soft-wear boots look like oversized cat feet(complete with spread toes) that slip on over a person's feet. Their soft padding and large footpads distribute weight better, and give a +5% to Prowl, while the non-skid surface and small claws on the toes give a +5% to Climbing skills. The minus side of these boots is that their large clumsy size deducts -1d6 from a person's running speed, and the padding reduces kick damage by 25%(the claws are too small to inflict any damage by themselves).
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:*****-Boots ---These soft-wear boots look like oversized cat feet(complete with spread toes) that slip on over a person's feet. Their soft padding and large footpads distribute weight better, and give a +5% to Prowl, while the non-skid surface and small claws on the toes give a +5% to Climbing skills. The minus side of these boots is that their large clumsy size deducts -1d6 from a person's running speed, and the padding reduces kick damage by 25%(the claws are too small to inflict any damage by themselves).

I would add this to the Black Vault Wiki, but I don't think the name would be appropriate. Any chance of changing the name to one less potentially offensive, like Cat-Boots?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:*****-Boots ---These soft-wear boots look like oversized cat feet(complete with spread toes) that slip on over a person's feet. Their soft padding and large footpads distribute weight better, and give a +5% to Prowl, while the non-skid surface and small claws on the toes give a +5% to Climbing skills. The minus side of these boots is that their large clumsy size deducts -1d6 from a person's running speed, and the padding reduces kick damage by 25%(the claws are too small to inflict any damage by themselves).

I would add this to the Black Vault Wiki, but I don't think the name would be appropriate. Any chance of changing the name to one less potentially offensive, like Cat-Boots?

Wow....shouldn't have posted last minute at night, otherwise I'd have spotted that screwup...the original name was Puss-Boots(but I thought that would suggest pirate-style knee-wadders) and thought myself clever for adding a 'y' to suggest the phrase ' coming in on pussycat feet'.
I'm going to go with Kitty-Booties. :-D Then force Captain Super-Stupendous ask for them by name when he requisitions equipment from the Warehouse. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Wow....shouldn't have posted last minute at night, otherwise I'd have spotted that screwup...the original name was Puss-Boots(but I thought that would suggest pirate-style knee-wadders) and thought myself clever for adding a 'y' to suggest the phrase ' coming in on pussycat feet'.
I'm going to go with Kitty-Booties. :-D Then force Captain Super-Stupendous ask for them by name when he requisitions equipment from the Warehouse. :D

LOL. Thanks, I'll get that posted over now.
taalismn
Priest

Revan wrote:Poker Chip Bombs

Small bombs made to look like poker chips, these little devils are deadly and versatile. Small amounts of C4 are cased in plastic and painted to look just like normal poker chips that only feel slightly heavier then a standard chip. The center of each chip has a small blasting cap, disguised by the design. All that needs to be done is that both sides of the center of the chip have to be held down with force for three seconds and throw. The fuse time depends on the color. White will have a standard three second fuse, Blue will have a ten second fuse, green will be thirty seconds, and finally red will be a full minute. Each chip will do 3D6 damage each.

Literally gambling with your life if you accidentally activate these while in play....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

taalismn wrote:
Revan wrote:Poker Chip Bombs

Small bombs made to look like poker chips, these little devils are deadly and versatile. Small amounts of C4 are cased in plastic and painted to look just like normal poker chips that only feel slightly heavier then a standard chip. The center of each chip has a small blasting cap, disguised by the design. All that needs to be done is that both sides of the center of the chip have to be held down with force for three seconds and throw. The fuse time depends on the color. White will have a standard three second fuse, Blue will have a ten second fuse, green will be thirty seconds, and finally red will be a full minute. Each chip will do 3D6 damage each.

Literally gambling with your life if you accidentally activate these while in play....

:lol: Yeah, thats for sure
The Dragon Has Spoken
GlitterKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GlitterKnight »

gaby wrote:How about making chemical based in the form of Gass and Liquids.

I had that idea last night, as a whole new Hardware Genius category.

Hardware Chemistry!

You could make things like acids, glues, capture foam, fire fighting foam, super lubricants to trip people up, incendiaries for flamethrowers and fire bombs, maybe a little home brewed explosives stuff with a penalty, as that should mostly be a weapon category thing. You could also specialize in gas weapons, making super mace and tear gas, and knockout gas, or poison gas for a villain.

You could also whip up poisons, drugs and medicines. Maybe some low scale combat drugs to give you a boost in battle, and knockout and paralytics to use against enemies. Poison has always been under-utilized in PB games, I feel. The few examples I ever see are just a tiny amount of damage, that affects once.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hardware: Chemical Genius was written up by Zenvis some time ago.

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... cal_Genius

There are other new Hardware categories he wrote up in the Black Vault Wiki as well.
taalismn
Priest

Then what is needed by the Chemistry Genius is a portable laboratory....a wearable outfit of harness gear, probably worn over a chemical protection suit, that carries the necessary equipment(altered through MAD or SUPER science) to allow the character to do on the spot chemical analysis, or harvest raw materials and produce small batches of tailored chemicals on the spot...complexity and quantity determining how quickly the stuff can be made(producing hydrogen gas or pure oxygen is relatively easy from available air....making cryogenic liquid gases rather more difficult....and producing complex chemicals like an aspirin or LSD on the spot might not be possible without extra ingredients and more time. Perhaps a modular reconfigurable design to allow the CG to 'plug and distill'. Such a rig would make your (un) friendly neighborhood 'portable' meth lab look like a fixed location refinery in comparison.
But that carries its own dangers. Carrying what amounts to a mini-chemical plant wrapped around oneself isn't always a good idea, as a bad accident(or enemy action) and you're suddenly leaking acidic reagents all over yourself, or you've gone Union Carbide in a crowded space...or you just explode...so armoring might be a good idea, or self-sealing plumbing, or a quick-release catch.

Nanotechnology might be a useful way to go with this rig.

Hmmm...Gotta give it some more thought....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

New Trick Arrows:
Sealed System Bypass Arrow-
Arrowhead is a cylinder 6 inches long and 4 inches in diameter, imposing a small penalty to hit for those who have never fired one before (-2 to hit with this arrow for the first 5 times the character uses the shell) and reducing range by 10% due to added weight. The end of the arrow has three concentric rings- the outer is a powerful magnet that attaches to ferrous objects and requires a Superhuman PS of 35 or higher (or PS 25 Supernatural) to remove, the middle ring exudes a super-adhesive for the same effect on non-ferrous surfaces, and the inner ring is a Laser-honed Adamantine blade that spins outwards into whatever surface that it is stuck to, creating a 3 inche diameter hole through upto 5 inches of material (specifically robot/vehicle armor, or thin walls). Once the surface has been breached, a gas payload can then be deployed- usually a knockout gas or tear gas/irritant that covers upto a 25 ft radius within the breached object. radiating out from the point of breach.

This arrow was designed by the Hardware:Weapons hero called Avro as a non-lethal way of quickly stopping targets within power armor, robots, or armored vehicles but he also has found uses for it in defusing hostage situations in buildings with thin outer walls/windows. Unfortunately, a rival Weapons Master named KillShot modified the design slightly, and now uses a variant on this design to act as a lethal chemical payload dispersal system as well.

Weight:1lb. in addition to weight of the arrow shaft. Cost: $15,000.00 (the Adamantine blade, supermagnet, and adhesive are not cheap) to make- if one were sold, it would likely be for twice this amount. The arrowhead is made of sturdy materials (takes 250 SDC damage to destroy) and while the chemical payload would need to be refilled, the arrowhead can be reused over and over, even if it needs to be attached to a new arrow shaft.

UV Paint Arrow-
This arrowhead shatters upon impact, covering the target in what seems to be mild adhesive (-1 to all combat bonuses, -5% to all skills requiring manual dexterity, and -5 to Spd attribute [or 10mph from Speed powers] until the chemical dries in 2d4 melee rounds. However, the true purpose of this chemical is that it is a UV light sensitive paint that makes anyone covered with it stand out like a beacon to people with UV Vision or UV Optics, even in complete darkness! This provides the attacker equipped with UV Vision or UV Optics with the ability to make normal aimed shots against the target at night with full to strike bonuses, as the target is made visible for attack. The Paint will flake off after 8 hours or can be removed within 1d4 melee rounds if doused with even a mild solvent.

Designed by a the Hardware:Weapons hero known as Shellshock, originally as a modified shotgun round, but he then adapted it for his crimefighting accomplice GreyHood, a bow-wielding Ancient Weapons Master. They found it was a great way to 'tag' gang members at night, who they would then let 'escape' so that the gang member could lead them back to their base of operations without realizing they were being followed.

Cost: $10.00 per arrowhead to buy, $2.00 for the materials per arrowhead to make.

CopperStorm Arrow-
Also designed by the Weapons Expert Avro to increase the effectiveness of his teammate Captain Zap (not the brightest of bulbs in the christmas tree) and his electrical powers, which the Captain has had some troubles with in the past due to collateral damage due to missed shots. This arrow was designed to help alleviate this problem. Avro will fire off one of these arrows at a target and the arrow explodes just before impact, causing the target to be encased in copper powder. This does 1d6 damage at time of impact, blinds anyone not wearing eye protection for 1 melee round, and also provides those with electrical powers with a +3 to hit the target for the next 2d4 melees until the powder completely falls off. The first electrical strike also does an additional +10 damage to target due to the conductive nature of the copper covering them. Enough copper is displaced with this first shot that further attacks get no such damage bonus.

Cost:$10.00 per arrowhead to purchase or $4.00 for the materials to build.
Last edited by fbdaury on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

fbdaury wrote:New Trick Arrows:
Arrowhead is a cylinder 6 inches long and 4 inches in diameter, imposing a small penalty to hit for those who have never fired one before (-2 to hit with this arrow for the first 5 times the character uses the shell) and reducing range by 10% due to added weight. The end of the arrow has three concentric rings- the outer is a powerful magnet that attaches to ferrous objects and requires a Superhuman PS of 35 or higher (or PS 25 Supernatural) to remove, the middle ring exudes a super-adhesive for the same effect on non-ferrous surfaces, and the inner ring is a Laser-honed Adamantine blade that spins outwards into whatever surface that it is stuck to, creating a 3 inche diameter hole through upto 5 inches of material (specifically robot/vehicle armor, or thin walls). Once the surface has been breached, a gas payload can then be deployed- usually a knockout gas or tear gas/irritant that covers upto a 25 ft radius within the breached object. radiating out from the point of breach.

This arrow was designed by the Hardware:Weapons hero called Avro as a non-lethal way of quickly stopping targets within power armor, robots, or armored vehicles but he also has found uses for it in defusing hostage situations in buildings with thin outer walls/windows. Unfortunately, a rival Weapons Master named KillShot modified the design slightly, and now uses a variant on this design to act as a lethal chemical payload dispersal system as well.

Weight:1lb. in addition to weight of the arrow shaft. Cost: $15,000.00 (the Adamantine blade, supermagnet, and adhesive are not cheap) to make- if one were sold, it would likely be for twice this amount. The arrowhead is made of sturdy materials (takes 250 SDC damage to destroy) and while the chemical payload would need to be refilled, the arrowhead can be reused over and over, even if it needs to be attached to a new arrow shaft.
I like this one.

UV Paint Arrow-
This arrowhead shatters upon impact, covering the target in what seems to be mild adhesive (-1 to all combat bonuses, -5% to all skills requiring manual dexterity, and -5 to Spd attribute [or 10mph from Speed powers] until the chemical dries in 2d4 melee rounds. However, the true purpose of this chemical is that it is a UV light sensitive paint that makes anyone covered with it stand out like a beacon to anyone with UV Vision or Optics, even in complete darkness! This provides the attacker so equipped with a +2 bonus to strike the target as they are made highly visible for attack (especially at night, when the target will not expect to be so easily targeted). The Paint will flake off after 8 hours or can be removed within 1d4 melee rounds if doused with even a mild solvent.

Designed by a the Hardware:Weapons hero known as Shellshock, originally as a modified shotgun round, but he then adapted it for his crimefighting accomplice GreyHood, a bow-wielding Ancient Weapons Master. They found it was a great way to 'tag' gang members at night, who they would then let 'escape' so that the gang member could lead them back to their base of operations without realizing they were being followed.

Cost: $10.00 per arrowhead to buy, $2.00 for the materials per arrowhead to make.
I think that the +2 strike, should be more of a reducer of penalties when fighting a "marked target" at night/in the dark when the attacker has an appropriate system to see the marked ink. In other words, if I Greyhood marks a target with the paint, Greyhood can follow the mark while he [Greyhood] is wearing his UV goggles. However, for whatever reason Greyhood loses his goggles. Now he cant see the ink and therefor can not properly target the marked individual.

CopperStorm Arrow-
Also designed by the Weapons Expert Avro to increase the effectiveness of his teammate Captain Zap (not the brightest of bulbs in the christmas tree) and his electrical powers, which the Captain has had some troubles with in the past due to collateral damage due to missed shots. This arrow was designed to help alleviate this problem. Avro will fire off one of these arrows at a target and the arrow explodes just before impact, causing the target to be encased in copper powder. This does 1d6 damage at time of impact, blinds anyone not wearing eye protection for 1 melee round, and also provides those with electrical powers with a +3 to hit the target for the next 2d4 minutes until the powder completely falls off. The first electrical strike also does an additional +10 damage to target due to the conductive nature of the copper covering them. Enough copper is displaced with this first shot that further attacks get no such damage bonus.

I would change the 2D4 minutes to 2D4 melees.

All in all, I like your additions and thank you for them.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
fbdaury wrote:New Trick Arrows:

I like this one.

UV Paint Arrow-
This arrowhead shatters upon impact, covering the target in what seems to be mild adhesive (-1 to all combat bonuses, -5% to all skills requiring manual dexterity, and -5 to Spd attribute [or 10mph from Speed powers] until the chemical dries in 2d4 melee rounds. However, the true purpose of this chemical is that it is a UV light sensitive paint that makes anyone covered with it stand out like a beacon to anyone with UV Vision or Optics, even in complete darkness! This provides the attacker so equipped with a +2 bonus to strike the target as they are made highly visible for attack (especially at night, when the target will not expect to be so easily targeted). The Paint will flake off after 8 hours or can be removed within 1d4 melee rounds if doused with even a mild solvent.

I think that the +2 strike, should be more of a reducer of penalties when fighting a "marked target" at night/in the dark when the attacker has an appropriate system to see the marked ink. In other words, if I Greyhood marks a target with the paint, Greyhood can follow the mark while he [Greyhood] is wearing his UV goggles. However, for whatever reason Greyhood loses his goggles. Now he cant see the ink and therefor can not properly target the marked individual.

CopperStorm Arrow-
Also designed by the Weapons Expert Avro to increase the effectiveness of his teammate Captain Zap (not the brightest of bulbs in the christmas tree) and his electrical powers, which the Captain has had some troubles with in the past due to collateral damage due to missed shots. This arrow was designed to help alleviate this problem. Avro will fire off one of these arrows at a target and the arrow explodes just before impact, causing the target to be encased in copper powder. This does 1d6 damage at time of impact, blinds anyone not wearing eye protection for 1 melee round, and also provides those with electrical powers with a +3 to hit the target for the next 2d4 minutes until the powder completely falls off. The first electrical strike also does an additional +10 damage to target due to the conductive nature of the copper covering them. Enough copper is displaced with this first shot that further attacks get no such damage bonus.

I would change the 2D4 minutes to 2D4 melees.

All in all, I like your additions and thank you for them.

Thanks for the feedback- made the suggested change to the duration on the Copperstorm and modified the mechanics for the UV Paint Arrow, let me know if it is better this way.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Looks good
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Stun Disks- These thrown weapons have a depleted uranium slug within a hollow circular track along the inside of the disk-much like a weight placed into a corked baseball. This weight spins inside the track as the disk flies towards its target and at the moment that the target is struck, this weight is always on the point of impact. Because of this, a user skilled in the use of thrown weapons is able to throw these disks to do 2d6 damage +PS bonus, and on a natural roll of 19-20 the target is stunned for 1d6 melee rounds, like the Automatic KO from Boxing. The normal range for these thrown weapons is 50ft. and they weigh 1lb. each.
Cost: $100.00 each to buy or $50.00 to get the materials to build them (will also need to have a contact that can get their hands on the DU for the inner weight).
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Rocket Punch Gloves-
The product of the demented inventor and villain known as Professor Maniacal, these devices are fairly simple in concept and quite dangerous to the average user as well as the victim of them. Each glove is a Reinforced titanium frame that covers the forearm and hand like a combination gauntlet and bracer. Along the outside of the forearm are mounted three tubes that house one-shot explosive charges. When these gloves are activated and used to strike a target, the target takes 1d6x10 damage and is knocked back 1d6 ft. if they weight 250lbs. or less. However, any unprotected wearer (must have a Natural AR of 13 or higher or a power like Invulnerbility) that uses these insane creations also takes half the amount of damage that the target took! After the three explosive charges are spent, these gloves will need to be reloaded by a Hardware:Weapons or Analytical Genius inventor.

Weight:3lbs. each unloaded or 4lbs. fully loaded. Cost:If you can find someone insane enough to make them, they would cost $5000.00 each (first purchase would include 3 pre-loaded charges) plus $1000.00 per reload for the combination of the materials for the replacement charges and the labor of the re-loader. Making them is much cheaper- the materials would cost $500.00 per glove to construct the frame and the materials to produce the charges would cost $500.00 per 20 charges.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

fbdaury wrote:Rocket Punch Gloves-
The product of the demented inventor and villain known as Professor Maniacal, these devices are fairly simple in concept and quite dangerous to the average user as well as the victim of them. Each glove is a Reinforced titanium frame that covers the forearm and hand like a combination gauntlet and bracer. Along the outside of the forearm are mounted three tubes that house one-shot explosive charges. When these gloves are activated and used to strike a target, the target takes 1d6x10 damage and is knocked back 1d6 ft. if they weight 250lbs. or less. However, any unprotected wearer (must have a Natural AR of 13 or higher or a power like Invulnerbility) that uses these insane creations also takes half the amount of damage that the target took! After the three explosive charges are spent, these gloves will need to be reloaded by a Hardware:Weapons or Analytical Genius inventor.

Weight:3lbs. each unloaded or 4lbs. fully loaded. Cost:If you can find someone insane enough to make them, they would cost $5000.00 each (first purchase would include 3 pre-loaded charges) plus $1000.00 per reload for the combination of the materials for the replacement charges and the labor of the re-loader. Making them is much cheaper- the materials would cost $500.00 per glove to construct the frame and the materials to produce the charges would cost $500.00 per 20 charges.
They seem a bit expensive and problematic to have to get the inventor to reload, as well as the obvious problem of the user taking damage. Other than that, they are pretty cool.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
fbdaury wrote:Rocket Punch Gloves-

They seem a bit expensive and problematic to have to get the inventor to reload, as well as the obvious problem of the user taking damage. Other than that, they are pretty cool.

True but that was mostly by design- Professor Maniacal was insane and either outfitted superhumanly tough henchmen or normal henchman he had no concern for with the devices. They allow anyone to do a Supernatural PS- level punch but with steep costs, both financial and physical. Other than that, I'm glad that you like them.
taalismn
Priest

Practicality and economy go out the window where Mad SCIENCE is concerned. Thousand dollar mousetraps are the norm for the eccentric scientist. Good job, fbdaury.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

taalismn wrote:Practicality and economy go out the window where Mad SCIENCE is concerned. Thousand dollar mousetraps are the norm for the eccentric scientist. Good job, fbdaury.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mo.Gu.L. Tracking System
Motion Guided Laser Tracking System

This sensor system takes the capabilities of a motion detection system and mates it with a laser designator and distancing system. When the MoGuL detects movement, the laser targeting system kicks and “paints” the target while also determining targets distance, speed and direction of movement. Tactical data can be displayed via several options; laptop / mobile screen, PDA, helmet mounted Heads-Up Display unit, or even a cyborgs HUD display in their eye.

Range: Motion Sensor: 500’, Laser Targeting / Range Finder: 1,000’
Bonus: +2 strike on aimed shots, + 1 strike with short bursts. If the user of the MoGuL is stationary, there are no penalties when firing at a moving target.

Suggestions for use:
* Combine with a Sentry Gun, it can then scan the area around it.
* Used to automate a robot or vehicle mounted weapon system.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Power Fist

This item was designed to give melee fighters an edge in combat. Power Fists are typically installed on cyborgs and robots, though the villainous engineers of Fabricators Inc. have developed a version that is can be worn as a heavy glove or gauntlet.

A series of emitters around the glove generate a magnetic field around the fist that contains a low level particle charge. This particle charge can be released in one of two ways. The first is upon impact with a solid target. The second is when the user releases the magnetic charge at which point the particle charge explodes outward and hits it target at range.

Range: Touch or 300’ [90 meters]
Damage: 5D6; either as a charged punch or ranged attack
Rate of Fire: Each use of the Power Fist counts as 1 attack whether as melee attack or ranged.
Energy Capacity: varies; If tied to a cyborgs or robots power source, the payload is unlimited. If used as a Power Glove [as Fabricator Inc calls it], 1 energy cell will keep the Power Glove operating for 1 hour. Each ranged attack will take up 1 minute from the energy cell.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Power Fist

This item was designed to give melee fighters an edge in combat. Power Fists are typically installed on cyborgs and robots, though the villainous engineers of Fabricators Inc. have developed a version that is can be worn as a heavy glove or gauntlet.

A series of emitters around the glove generate a magnetic field around the fist that contains a low level particle charge. This particle charge can be released in one of two ways. The first is upon impact with a solid target. The second is when the user releases the magnetic charge at which point the particle charge explodes outward and hits it target at range.

Range: Touch or 300’ [90 meters]
Damage: 5D6; either as a charged punch or ranged attack
Rate of Fire: Each use of the Power Fist counts as 1 attack whether as melee attack or ranged.
Energy Capacity: varies; If tied to a cyborgs or robots power source, the payload is unlimited. If used as a Power Glove [as Fabricator Inc calls it], 1 energy cell will keep the Power Glove operating for 1 hour. Each ranged attack will take up 1 minute from the energy cell.
Cool. I hope you are adding these to the Black Vault Wiki. :D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Cyber-Disguise Type AC-3:

This is a simple device that is designed to do one thing; alter ones palm & finger prints. How it accomplishes this task is done in one of two ways. The first, a pre-programmed palm and finger print profile can be loaded into the cybernetic hand at any time. When the user needs to alter their print to match what is stored, they simply activate the profile. It then takes 1D4 minutes for the user’s prints to transform and match the new profile. If acquired, the bio-electric impulse of the targets hand can also be uploaded into the disguise unit. The second method is similar to the first, except sensors imbedded within the device can scan record and upload a targets prints and bio-electric signature. The targets palm and finger prints can be scanned simply by shaking the targets hand at which time the bio-electric signature is also captured. For an added cost, the sensors in the cyber device can record prints from a distance allowing the wearer of the AC-3 to remain at a distance from their target. Possible uses of the ranged version are; scanning the prints of the target from a door they have touched, a drink they carelessly left unattended at the bar and more.

Cost: The basic model costs 70,000 credits/dollars. Imbedded sensors version cost is 100,000 credits/dollars while the advanced version with ranged sensors costs 165,000 credits/dollars. Only available by freelance Cyber-Docs and the Black Market. Specific print profiles can be purchased at a cost. This cost varies depending on the target to which the prints belong to. Some prints might be nigh impossible to acquire.

Restrictions: Each hand can store up to 2 print profiles at a time. A print profile must be stored in each hand for them both to match the same profile. By default, the devices own prints are “blank”. In places like Rifts© Earth, these devices are considered illegal by most governments including the Coalition States. Possession of the Cyber-Disguise AC-3 is punishable by fine, imprisonment and even death.

Bonuses: +20% to disguise skill when used to impersonate someone’s palm / finger prints.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Cyber-Disguise Type AC-3:

This is a simple device that is designed to do one thing; alter ones palm & finger prints. How it accomplishes this task is done in one of two ways. The first, a pre-programmed palm and finger print profile can be loaded into the cybernetic hand at any time. When the user needs to alter their print to match what is stored, they simply activate the profile. It then takes 1D4 minutes for the user’s prints to transform and match the new profile. If acquired, the bio-electric impulse of the targets hand can also be uploaded into the disguise unit. The second method is similar to the first, except sensors imbedded within the device can scan record and upload a targets prints and bio-electric signature. The targets palm and finger prints can be scanned simply by shaking the targets hand at which time the bio-electric signature is also captured. For an added cost, the sensors in the cyber device can record prints from a distance allowing the wearer of the AC-3 to remain at a distance from their target. Possible uses of the ranged version are; scanning the prints of the target from a door they have touched, a drink they carelessly left unattended at the bar and more.

Cost: The basic model costs 70,000 credits/dollars. Imbedded sensors version cost is 100,000 credits/dollars while the advanced version with ranged sensors costs 165,000 credits/dollars. Only available by freelance Cyber-Docs and the Black Market. Specific print profiles can be purchased at a cost. This cost varies depending on the target to which the prints belong to. Some prints might be nigh impossible to acquire.

Restrictions: Each hand can store up to 2 print profiles at a time. A print profile must be stored in each hand for them both to match the same profile. By default, the devices own prints are “blank”. In places like Rifts© Earth, these devices are considered illegal by most governments including the Coalition States. Possession of the Cyber-Disguise AC-3 is punishable by fine, imprisonment and even death.

Bonuses: +20% to disguise skill when used to impersonate someone’s palm / finger prints.
Kind of expensive. I'll wait until someone comes up with a cheaper bootleg model. :bandit:

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”