Mega-Hero Achilles Heel: Must Transform

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Mega-Hero Achilles Heel: Must Transform

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

1. Does the option of "Must Transform into an Inhuman Form to Use Powers" means that certain Mega Powers are useless?
If "character returns to his non-super form if rendered unconscious or is slain" then the Immortal MegaPower abilities of resurrection are wasted as those wont work after death.

2. Do Mega Heros that have natural abilities (like the Godling of PU2) also must transform to use those abilities? The godling for example has "This hero never tires, is never hungry (does no need to eat or drink for nourishment) and has Supernatural P.S. The godling is also resistant to fire and cold."
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Mega-Hero Achilles Heel: Must Transform

Unread post by The Beast »

I'd allow for some powers to always be active, or certain parts of powers to always be active. You'll have to go over your PC with your GM to figure out which ones should always be active or not due to the subjective nature of this. Some GMs would be more strict than others when it comes to what abilities should require transformation.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Yeah I'd have to go case by case for that in my game (or see what your GM says).

Going strictly by the wording you're kinda borked there... though it would be interesting to have it as a kind of Lo-Pan from Big Trouble in Little China where you continue to age when you're not transformed but just won't die, but then can transform into your hero form and be young and healthy looking with all your powers.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1 The Immortal mega hero power is not 'used'. It just 'is'. So it is not included in any powers that are limited

2 If they are listed that way... yes, otherwise... no.
To my eyes the the HU power cat's are more unfinished than the PB char classes and seam to be outlines to be modified, than Set in Admanitium rules like Character Classes.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:1 The Immortal mega hero power is not 'used'. It just 'is'. So it is not included in any powers that are limited

2 If they are listed that way... yes, otherwise... no.
But remember that the HU power cat's are more outlines to be modified, than Set in Admanitium rules like Character Classes.

Thanks for the answer.

For your answer then a Mega-Hero that is Immortal and transforms, I get that it wont get wasted, as the mortal form will resurrect.

Regarding your answer to question #2, listed how? I asked if they were natural abilities. So for the Godling example, would those (S.N. strength, fire and cold resistance) require transformation?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If they are listed that way... yes, otherwise... no.
But remember that the HU power cat's are more outlines to be modified, than Set in Admanitium rules like Character Classes.
That is not very accurate much less true. Do not give false information
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Edited my post to reflect that the last line in that post is my opinion.
This does not change the fact they seam incomplete to me. This was possibly done to cover as many different pathways to create the supers as possible in one power cat.; instead of using 50 polished Character Classes.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”