Does Bloodbath work against Hounds and Hunters?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

B, most definately. The talent only fires blood to stop a creature from breathing. Hunters, don't breath. Hounds, don't breath. Hound Masters, don't breath.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

I agree with Specter. Hounds don't breathe, so they can't be harmed by things that try to suffocate them.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I don't personally reacall it saying they don't breath...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Sightblinder wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:I don't personally reacall it saying they don't breath...

Well, they aren't exactly "alive"....they're like golems...

they're alive, they just have the mentality of a golem.

under the nightlords matter/energy powers said it could be used to make living creatures "like the hounds/hunters" in nightlands.

they ARE alive, but serve the same function as golems.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

they're not normal creatures but unless it says they don't have to breath they do. only a very few supernatural creatures don't have to breath, and the Hounds arn't one of 'em.

Kinghawke
Explorer

Re: Does Bloodbath work against Hounds and Hunters?

Unread post by Kinghawke »

in Between the Shadows there is the Spook Squad sub-squad that eats the blood of Hounds becoming gradually crazier but stronger. their blood is highly addictive. if they have blood, they have organs. if they have organs, they breathe. if they breathe, they can be bloodbathed.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Having organs doesn't necessarily mean that you breathe. We don't know what organs it refers to. It may not include lungs.

Even blood, used to transport oxygen, may not necessarily do so in the case of some species. Since it transfers other things like vitamins, minerals, sugars, amino acids, lipids, etc.

The assumption that all things breathe unless otherwise indicated (even if the thing is a weird mechanical armor looking thing) is probably a good one though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

well if they have flesh, are alive and do not explicitly state they do not breathe....I think we can safely infer that they breathe
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

not to mention they would probablly have "Immune to gases" if they don't breath.

Kinghawke
Explorer

Unread post by Kinghawke »

which it doesn't say they are.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

that was what I was saying, yes.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

eliakon wrote:well if they have flesh, are alive
While they're alive, I'm not totally clear on whether or not they have flesh. I always pictured them as suits of armor with blood and organs inside them. I assume the armor IS their flesh.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

The armor is said to be an exoskeleton, actually. it's bone, not flesh.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

So I can't sculpt it, but I can bloodbend them.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re:

Unread post by The Beast »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:I don't personally reacall it saying they don't breath...

I'm just gonna side with her on this one...

Return to “Nightbane®”