Common spells for a Fleshsculptor

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Common spells for a Fleshsculptor

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

With the caveat that the subject of the spells had to undergo an "operation", as per the Fleshsculptor r's MO, to place said spells on them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

as I understand it, you're not just looking for spells that already only work on flesh.

they're saying that fleshsculptors have versions of spells that only work on living stuff. or at least, that's how I understand it, based on the text from page 63 under "Fleshsculptor Magic" where it gives examples of levitation that only works on fleshly targets, or impervious to fire and invisibility that works on creatures but not their clothing.

now, in some cases that means you can use a spell exactly the same as normal, because the spell basically already only needs to work on flesh targets, and I think the list you presented seems fairly reasonable.

with that said, just to give some examples:

see the invisible might not allow you to see an invisible person's gear (GM discretion: are you improving their eyes to let them see invisible things, or are you allowing them to detect invisible flesh?)
paralysis: superior may not work on cybernetic limbs or non-fleshy creatures.
negate poisons/toxins may only work on poisons/toxins from fleshy creatures, or may only work once the poison/toxin has been ingested.
domination may not work on some creatures, like hounds/hunters.

there's a fair bit of GM interpretation here, so make sure you talk to your GM in advance and see what they think :)

hopefully that helps.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Can you clarify the need to have an operation caveat? I'm not sure I follow and I don't want to make an assumption as to what you mean.

As in, they would be able to put those spell into people by performing an operartion/''''''medical procedure'''''' on the subject, but they can't just cast the spell via na incantation to use the spell on anyone.

Thus following the Class's Modus Operandi. Even then they would need to FIRST convert the common magic spells to their own specialty magic. Or Create a FS spell that does the same effect.

However, after reviewing the list, there are some liberties that were taken. I would exclude the Metamorphisis spells (the FS would make a perm transformation via surgery not a temporary one), (along with any spell that is not already a part of the night Bane game.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Nightbane®”