Are Nightbane considered supernatural in their façade form?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Are Nightbane considered supernatural in their façade form?

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

I know when they transform into their morphus their attributes become supernatural.

Prior to that, could a Dog-boy sense them or a person with a "sense supernatural" psychic or magic ability pick them out of a crowd?

There is another thread on the subject that just confused the hell out of me. People talking about PPE pools, using magic or not, being a spellcaster or not, and other stuff.

I'm just curious if a vanilla, everyday Nightbane in their façade form were to walk down the street, would a Dog-boy have a reason to be alarmed?
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Are Nightbane considered supernatural in their façade fo

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Blackwater Sniper wrote:I know when they transform into their morphus their attributes become supernatural.

Prior to that, could a Dog-boy sense them or a person with a "sense supernatural" psychic or magic ability pick them out of a crowd?

There is another thread on the subject that just confused the hell out of me. People talking about PPE pools, using magic or not, being a spellcaster or not, and other stuff.

I'm just curious if a vanilla, everyday Nightbane in their façade form were to walk down the street, would a Dog-boy have a reason to be alarmed?

I tried to find the post because I asked a question about this but it must have been too long ago and I can't find it.

As far as I know Nightbane are fully human in facade. There attributes are normal, they only have access to very limited number of powers and they leave a body behind. As far as I know the only thing that would stand out is if you see aura or sense PPE they would have a very high level.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

Warshield73 wrote:I tried to find the post because I asked a question about this but it must have been too long ago and I can't find it.

As far as I know Nightbane are fully human in facade. There attributes are normal, they only have access to very limited number of powers and they leave a body behind. As far as I know the only thing that would stand out is if you see aura or sense PPE they would have a very high level.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154966&view=unread
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Answering the title question: No NB are not SN in their Facade. This was answered in a official Q&A in the rifters.

Pick them out of a crown via sense SN? No they can not.
...via sense Aura? they would have an odd Aura compared to most humans if they have had their becoming. Not certain if the supporting text is in a NB book or in a rifter.

Alarmed?.....No. Thou ones not in a war zone might go.."That's odd." to themselves.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I think we sometimes think that because of how Nightbane can smell other Nightbane who are in Facade.

My guess is they rely on rare turned NB to sniff out those in Facade to tip off the Hounds and hope they'll turn because once they Become then Hounds can track them.

Makes me wonder how smart hounds are though, like if you turn a corner and go back into facade (don't smell anymore) how fooled is the Hound?

Return to “Nightbane®”