Between the Shadows: can Milleks use Suggestion on children?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Between the Shadows: can Milleks use Suggestion on children?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Page 64 of World Book 1 mentions they start with a bunch of Sensitive powers, so they could easily get Empathic Transmission (NB73) or Suggestion (NB77).

Suggestion requires eye contact, so I don't think they could use it on normal people because normal people couldn't see them or their eyes.

But since kids can see all astral projectors, would that mean that is fulfilled?

Suggestion also requires verbal enforcement, so I think that would require using Telepathy (NB77) to send a brief directed message, so the suggestion would have to be simple like. "John, I need you, you want ta hurry" or "You know you shouldn't do that!" or "You want to come here" or "you want to look out" or "you want to press the green button"
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Between the Shadows: can Milleks use Suggestion on child

Unread post by dreicunan »

After looking it over, I don't see why they couldn't, and I agree that they'd need to use telepathy along with suggestion. This seems to be allowed RAW.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

provided the GM allows suggestions to be made using telepathy, it would work. unless of course the GM considers suggestion to actually be a master psionic ability as opposed to sensitive, considering it is one in games that use master psionic abilities.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

When the Master category was introduced in Between, it didn't include any notes to retroactively upgrade any of the main book powers.

Aside from telepathy, I'm curious about other ways you could subsitute the spoken word to communicate ideas via eye contact.

Could you, for example, use Sign Language to hypnotically suggest something to someone who is deaf?

Return to “Nightbane®”