Astral Weapons and Dream Weapons changing realms

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Astral Weapons and Dream Weapons changing realms

Unread post by Axelmania »

Weapons can be astrally configured permanently (by an astral lord or mountebank) or temporarily (psi-shaper). We are told that if astral travelers go through a portal into the dreamstream they become constructs. Would this change astrally sensitive weapons into dream constructs?

Other way around: dream makers and morpheomoths can make items out of dream-matter. We are told dream travelers change into astral form if they enter the Astral Plane through a portal. Would this apply to dream weapons too?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Astral Weapons and Dream Weapons changing realms

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Yes to both IMO.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

I'd say they would have to be configured separately in each realm.
Ed
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

You can't actually configure existing objects into dream weapons though, far as I know, just make new ones out of scratch.

I guess there's nothing preventing the astral configuration of a dream weapon, but I wouldn't want to spend permanent ISP configuring a temporary weapon that only lasts minutes. A good use for psi-shapers I guess.

Return to “Nightbane®”