Board index » SDC Worlds » Nightbane®

 


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
The Turtle Shell theory is also part of Atlantis mythology. A Giant Turtle brought Survivors of the first flood to Canada.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
as I said, it all Depends on where in Atlantis you are talking about. The "Major" atlantis thing is VERY similar to the DC Universe's 3 Ages of Atlantis.
1st Age is seems to be interstellar, the 2nd much less so, 3rd was bronze age

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
and Just to provide Context:

[quote]
The Atlantis Encyclopediais a result of more than two decades of continuous study
and international travel. It began in 1980, when I started picking up clues to the lost
civilization in locations from the ruins of Troy and Egypt’s desert pyramids, to Morocco’s
underground shrine and Britain’s Stonehenge, beyond to the mountaintop city of Peru
and a ceremonial center in the jungles of Guatemala. My quest took me to Polynesia’s
cannibal temple, the seldom seen solar monuments of Japan’s remote forests, and the
golden pillar of Thailand. I sought out credible proof in my own country, traveling from
coast to coast, finding telltale evidence—among the world’s most northerly pyramids,
in Wisconsin; at Ohio’s Great Serpent Mound; and in the ruins of North America’s
oldest city, in Louisiana. I participated in diving expeditions to the Bahamas, Yucatan,
the Canary Islands, the Aegean Sea, and the Pacific Ocean. Decades of these on-site
explorations was combined with research in the libraries of the world and the shared
wisdom of devoted colleagues to produce this unique volume.
Of the estimated 2,500 books and magazine articles published about the lost civilization,The Atlantis Encyclopediais the only one of its kind. It is an attempt to bring
together all the known details of this immense, continually fascinating subject, as well
as to provide succinct definitions and clear explanations. It is a handbook of Atlantean
information for general readers and specialists alike. Everything one wants to know
about Atlantis is here in short form. It is a source for students of archaeology, myth,
and prehistory.
Unlike most other books on the subject, The Atlantis Encyclopediaoffers fewer
theories and more facts. Areas of interest include geology, astronomy, and oceanography, but with strong emphasis on the folk traditions of numerous peoples around the
world who preserved memories of a great flood that destroyed an ancestral island of
memorial splendor. These elements have never been presented together before in a
single volume. In so doing, the common threads that weave European and Near Eastern versions to North American accounts, beyond to Polynesian and Asian renditions,
accumulatively build a picture in the reader’s mind of a real event encapsulated for
thousands of years in the long-surviving myths and legends of mankind.
We learn that the Egyptians told of “the Isle of Flame” in the Far Western Ocean
from which their forefathers arrived after a terrible natural disaster. Meanwhile, in North
America, the Apache Indians still preserve memories of their ancestral origins from the
sunken “Isle of Flames” in the distant seas of the East. There is the Norse Lifthraser
and Lif, husband and wife refugees of the Great Flood, just as the ancient Mexicans
remembered Nata and Nena, the pair who escaped a world deluge. Balor leads his people
to safety in pre-Celtic Ireland, while Manibozho survives to become the founder of all
North American Indian tribes. Underpinning them all is the story of Atlantis, as given to
the world 24 centuries ago by the greatest thinker of classical Greece. Plato’s Atlantis still
lives in the folkish memories of virtually every people on Earth. Although fundamentally
similar to all the rest, each version presents its own details, contributing to an overall
panorama of the Atlantean experience, as dramatic as it is persuasive.
The Atlantis Encyclopediaoffers equally exhaustive information about a Pacific
counterpart—the lost kingdom of Mu, also known as Lemuria. Although at opposite
cultural and geographical poles, the two civilizations were at least partially contemporaneous and in contact with each other, produced transoceanic seafarers who founded
new societies around the globe, and succumbed in the end to natural catastrophes that
may have been related. Persuasive physical evidence for the sunken realm came to
light in 1985 off the coast of Yonaguni, a remote Japanese island, when divers found
the ruins of a large ceremonial building that sank beneath the sea perhaps as long
ago as 12,000 years. Long before that dramatic discovery, accounts of Mu or Lemuria
were preserved in the oral folk traditions of numerous peoples around the Pacific
Basin, from America’s western coastal regions, across Polynesia and Micronesia, to
Australia, and throughout Asia. As such, the story of Atlantis is incomplete without
some appreciation of the complimentary role played by its Lemurian predecessor
and coruler of the world.
And no comprehensive investigation of this kind can ignore the “life-readings” of
Edgar Cayce, America’s “Sleeping Prophet,” during the first half of the 20th century.
His vision of Atlantis, still controversial, is nonetheless compelling and, if true, insightful and revealing. Cayce’s testimony is unique, because he spoke less of theories and
history, than of individual human beings, and the high drama they lived as players on
the stage of the Atlantean world.
Although it does not set out to prove the sunken capital actually existed, The
Atlantis Encyclopediamusters so much evidence on its behalf, even skeptics may conclude that there must be at least something factual behind such an enduring, indeed
global legend. For true believers, this book is a gold mine of information to help
them better understand the lost civilization. Atlantologists (serious investigators of
the subject) may use it as a unique and valuable reference to spring-board their own
research. Students of comparative myth have here a ready source of often rarely
presented themes connecting the Bronze Age to Classical World images. For most
readers, however, The Atlantis Encyclopediaoffers an easily accessible introduction
to this eternally enthralling enigma.[\quote] ... And thus. All of Beowulf's complaints are void.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Offline
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:36 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 7019
Location: Pyramid
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Just to play devils advocate Tor (And I am personally not a fan of the nightbane are born from humans either). but why is a nightbane-human connection a bad thing. after all, their facades before the becoming are Human, some morphus forms are extremely human-like, although eerie in a too-perfect kind of way
This is entirely situation. Carella made it clear that the Morphus could take the shape of other races besides human, so long as they weren't supernatural. As to why the morphus can retain human qualities, that's because it reflects the subconscious and many people do think of themselves as human and retain that form to varying degrees.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
the text we are given implys that the form the morphus take is very heavily dependant on psycological and to a degree physiological issues of this time in a human form. This does imply that if the formless ones were not human, there was some kind of connection between them, otherwise why would they choose human form to reincarante as.
Humans are the dominant species of the planet, the species the Nightlords came from, and merging with their society is the best way to learn skills to fight them. Nightbane puppies wouldn't be as useful.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
why reincarante on earth at all instead of the nightlands?
To have a chance to survive. There are more humans to blend in with, humans are weaker and less of a threat to Latent Nightbane (dopplegangers are tougher, have supernatural strength, there are fewer, etc) and it wasn't conquered like the Nightlands was.

Also, if Nightbane are manifesting human form at a younger age than that at which Dopplegangers tend to appear, they would stand out and be targetable.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
some kind of connection was always implicit in the mechanics of the setting.
Yes, the connection is that humans are the dominant species and masquerading as them is the most advantageous.

Rappanui wrote:
there were at least 7 "gods" in the atlantean Mythology. in the Main Mythology Atlas was the Major Deity. He had Seven Daughters

What is the first document to express these '7 gods' and '7 daughters' ideas? When is this document's estimated creation date? Who discovered it? What peers have received it? I am all for incorporating actual history, which would be in the public domain, but would first like to verify that this is not a recent work, as that could cause problems with the 'no conversion' policy, if it is recent enough to be a copyright idea and not a publicly owned historical fact.

_________________
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:34 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
It gets complicated. Atlantis was ruled by twins. Each of the twins were supposed to represent the 4 pillars of the cosmos Atlas and Albion were the First and Most important ones. Atlas Married Pleiades (And Albion Settled in the "Isle of White", with Atlas settling over the "Isle of Flame". His daughters were seven and believed to be successive queens of Elder Atlantis. (Poseidon, Aegeon(Briarius), and several other titans... The survivors who were humans(or humanoids) turned to dieties include
Amuraca, Viracocca, Thoth, Anubis, Hathor, Baldir, Quetzacoatyl, Kulkulcan, and a number of other culture bearers who settled Greece, italy, north Africa, north america, Central America, Arabia, and so forth.
the Vedas of the hindu religion and The Tales of Algonquin and Other Tribes of north america include the scifi elements of the Earlier atlantis. Due to the geological time frames, it's believed that there were Multiple waves of Atlantis emigration. the First one was the most dramatic, with intelligent tools and animals and giant beasts and giant vessels. The later ones came by sea and ship to interbreed with the natives. in most cases, the Atlanteans were white people with red hair or blond hair, with the lemurians were more asian looking, with the Ama, Ainu, and the caucasian South NZ Tribes being among the modern day ancestors of the lemurian kingdoms, Which apparently, was a floating city of 3 Circles in the pacific.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:48 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
as for his sources, they include a plethora of books, legends, ... Homer wrote about Atlantis when he was describing Phaerecia, and Similarities are put together.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:51 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
Several sources in the book make note that Atlantis was into wearing the heads of animals. Posiedon followers wore the heads of narwhals and dolphins, Anubis wore the head of a jackal, .. Lemurians were into bright clothes and flowers and simple robes.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:07 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Posts: 9481
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Rappanui wrote:
Persuasive physical evidence for the sunken realm came to in 1985 off the coast of Yonaguni, a remote Japanese island, when divers found the ruins of a large ceremonial building that sank beneath the sea perhaps as long ago as 12,000 years


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni

So...this book claims its a 12,000 year old building. The rest of the scientific world thinks its a 3,000 year old natural process.

So already, in just the first 'blurb' you have presented as fact something that no one else who has studied this believes to be true. This is especially relevant if the author is to be believed in any OTHER context.


Rappanui wrote:
And no comprehensive investigation of this kind can ignore the “life-readings” of
Edgar Cayce, America’s “Sleeping Prophet,” during the first half of the 20th century. His vision of Atlantis, still controversial, is nonetheless compelling and, if true, insightful and revealing. Cayce’s testimony is unique, because he spoke less of theories andhistory, than of individual human beings, and the high drama they lived as players on the stage of the Atlantean world.
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
I would not consider a claimed prophet who has had many of his 'visions' thoroughly debunked as a good source either


So, it would seem Tor, that this book would NOT be a good source for Atlantian Mythology for game writing, as it is of modern origin, and thus would not be available under public domain.
It might be interesting for individual GMs who want to incorporate the idea of Atlantis as a prehistorical super science/magic/psychic civilization that had close ties with the gods and are the origins of all human life on earth.

_________________
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:47 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 am
Posts: 181
ok, im just going to say it. "Atlantis", as in the ancient advanced civilization with flight and space travel, did not exist. There is no evidence besides legend that say it existed. There is less evidence of this "civilization" than there is of Paleolithic mankind.

That's right, apparently people capable of space travel left NO RECORD of themselves... but the guys who hit slow animals with rocks decided "draw this" on some walls.

Why is this even a conversation adults are having?

_________________
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:38 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
1. Stop Attacking the Quote as If I wrote the damn thing, Those are his words. Stop attacking the author.
2. There will always be debunking by scientists.
3. There is no debunking the scifi elements contained in Hindu texts. (Such as the Indian towns that seemingly have evidence of having had nuclear strikes occur there in their past as evidenced by current samples).
4. all your wikipediaing and Asking for science to ... is a bunch of crap.
If a legend says " A man came from the mouth of a foaming serpent wearing a whale bone headress", Then that's what the LEGEND says. The only way to Debunk the Legend is to either correct it or explain away what it might mean, in a world sans supernatural events.

Scientists won't even admit humans were around more then 3000 years ago, in fear of offending religious fanatics. Despite, --- digging up Civilizations older then previously thought possible. They'd sooner attribute that to Homo erectus, or Caveman, or what ever.

5. There is a Large conspiracy by radical Christians to Verify the bible events as true and accurate and falsifications have occured, all to prop their world view. This started back in(in modern context, but has been going on since forever) 2001 and continues on today. Such as the Alleged "tomb of christ" found in jerusalem. The radical Christian answer to that " that's not christ's tomb, because he rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. "
They distort, destroy, and warp historical records and archeological records all in the name of their holy text. Now, mind you, other religions do this to, but christianity is the only one most at odds with technology, progress, and giving up control over "belief".

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


Last edited by Rappanui on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 am
Posts: 181
I dont know what "science" you mean... 95% of scientists (low ball) hold with the theory of evolution. This theory includes the age of the earth being in the billions.

Homoerectus was not 3000 years ago, it was around 1.9 million years ago (earliest fossils)

So, even your own post proves your post is wrong. Stop please, before I leap in front of a trolly.

_________________
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:58 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
Take for example a Common claim , " hebrews are the oldest civilization that God Blessed". On So many levels this is wrong and false. 1. Most of the Bible was writ during the type the Jews were in Babylon, Then their migration to egypt, and then canaan.
Several other kingdoms have written histories older then jews by Millenia.


If you don't want to believe that the various gods of mythology were merely just advanced humans in the past, fine. that's your Goat. Go Sacrifice it on golden Atlar.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:01 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Posts: 9481
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Rappanui wrote:
1. Stop Attacking the Quote as If I wrote the damn thing, Those are his words. Stop attacking the author.

I am not attacking the author here, I was attacking the quotes that he wrote by calling into question his academic honesty. When an author says that something is truth, then chalanging it and saying 'no its not' is not a personal attack

Rappanui wrote:
2. There will always be debunking by scientists.

Debunking means dispelling falsehood.

Rappanui wrote:
3. There is no debunking the scifi elements contained in Hindu texts.

A claim of an event in a religious text is not the same as saying that said event actually occurred. I am not aware of any VERIFIABLE claims from Hindu texts.

Rappanui wrote:
4. all your wikipediaing and Asking for science to ...


is a bunch of crap. Scientists won't even admit humans were around more then 3000 years ago, in fear of offending religious fanatics. Despite, --- digging up Civilizations older then previously thought possible. They'd sooner attribute that to Homo erectus, or Caveman, or what ever.

Errrr its not SCIENCE that doesn't want history to be more than 3,000 years old (BTW Creationists claim the earth is less than 10,000 years old. Science puts it a 4.5billion, with mankind evolving around 2.3 million years ago.)
Please do not put words in peoples mouths. Science claims mankind is ancient. Science claims that civilization evolved in specific ways, and looks to the evidence much of it hundreds of thousands of years old.


Rappanui wrote:
5. There is a Large conspiracy by radical Christians to Verify the bible events as true and accurate and falsifications have occured, all to prop their world view. This started back in 2001 and continues on today. Such as the Aleged "tomb of christ" found in jerusalem. The radical Christian answer to that " that's not christ's tomb, because he rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. "
They distort, destroy, and warp historical records and archeological records all in the name of their holy text. Now, mind you, other religions do this to, but christianity is the only one most at odds with technology, progress, and giving up control over "belief".


The actions of Christian Fundamentalists to deny science has no bearing on anything. The fact that they deny science does not some how mean that science is wrong.


The basic premise of those of us that are questioning this is simple
Claims of truth need to have facts to back them up. Such claims can not be based on feelings, nor wishes. They can not dismiss any evidence that counters them.
Myths are not facts.
Conjecture is not fact.
Evidence is facts.
Those who make a claim that the status quo is wrong are the people that need to support their claim with evidence.
I have tried to show the evidence that the common anthropological community has. It is easy to find this on Wikipedia as it was explicitly designed to allow that. Those footnotes at the bottom of articles are the citations and references.

_________________
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:07 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
jreece06 wrote:
I dont know what "science" you mean... 95% of scientists (low ball) hold with the theory of evolution. This theory includes the age of the earth being in the billions.

Homoerectus was not 3000 years ago, it was around 1.9 million years ago (earliest fossils)

So, even your own post proves your post is wrong. Stop please, before I leap in front of a trolly.


Atlantis Mythology has Nothing to do with evolution, merely the advancement of Science when it was thought that there wasn't any. (because for example, you thought the world was flat, or the sea had dragons, or that dinosaur bones were dragons, or elephant bones were cyclopses.)

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 am
Posts: 181
I never said it did. I was trying to educate you on what SCIENCE was when you made an ignorant claim that scientists wont argue the age of the earth.

Also, the Atlantis Mythology is just that. Mythology. As accurate and reliable as all myth... that is to say, not at all.

_________________
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:49 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
hello, The WHOLE point of this thread shift was " Shifting mythology".. not to argue the Validity of the myths. The only way you could ADD to this is to disprove his research, and not by saying " OH MY GOD HE IS A PEDOPHILE NAZI GAY PERSON WHO WROTE OBJECTIONABLE MATERIAL THAT HAS NOT BEEN PEEER REVIEWED"...
When he never CLAIMS to be a scientist.


i mean really, I've never seen so many armchair Pagan Experts in my life!...where did you learn it, somewhere between divinity school and oh that's right. Only historians neopagans even read about that stuff!.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Offline
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 7019
Location: Pyramid
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
Rapp, your triple-posting hurts me.
Rappanui wrote:
as for his sources, they include a plethora of books, legends, ... Homer wrote about Atlantis when he was describing Phaerecia, and Similarities are put together.
Legends are written in books, books have titles, as do Homer's writings. Presumably any older works like this used for research would be listed in a bibliography. Was hoping to get something specific. If the association of cross-pantheon deities predates the 1900s for example, it'd probably be okay to include it.

jreece06 wrote:
"Atlantis", as in the ancient advanced civilization with flight and space travel, did not exist. There is no evidence besides legend that say it existed.
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Although I see no compelling reason to believe it existed, I also see no compelling reason to declare it didn't. Nor do I see a compelling reason to dispute the existence of leprechauns. Hypothetical things whose powers exceed our own are kinda pointless to try and falsify.

jreece06 wrote:
That's right, apparently people capable of space travel left NO RECORD of themselves... but the guys who hit slow animals with rocks decided "draw this" on some walls. Why is this even a conversation adults are having?
I'm indulging it because Rapp is mentioning something about friendships between guys in Pantheons who never met each other, which sounds cool, and could be incorporated if it's pre-1900s theory instead of recent cultish fiction.

As for your caveman comparison: evidence wipeout conspiracy :)

Rappanui wrote:
1. Stop Attacking the Quote as If I wrote the damn thing, Those are his words. Stop attacking the author.
Do you mean start attacking the author?

Rappanui wrote:
2. There will always be debunking by scientists.
...what are you arguing by saying this?

Rappanui wrote:
3. There is no debunking the scifi elements contained in Hindu texts. (Such as the Indian towns that seemingly have evidence of having had nuclear strikes occur there in their past as evidenced by current samples).
I think it presumptuous to declare something undebunkable, surely theories could be offered on how close texts are to modern science and how legitimate those texts are.

Rappanui wrote:
4. all your wikipediaing and Asking for science to ... is a bunch of crap.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Rappanui wrote:
If a legend says " A man came from the mouth of a foaming serpent wearing a whale bone headress", Then that's what the LEGEND says. The only way to Debunk the Legend is to either correct it or explain away what it might mean, in a world sans supernatural events.
Actually, one way to debunk such a legend is to analyze where a legend allegedly comes from and verify or falsify claims regarding the source.

For example if I wrote a fanfic of Pocahontas meeting Sora and her wielding a Keyblade based on playing Disney's Kingdom Hearts, and someone found this and presented it as ancient Native American legends, that is a legend which could be debunked regarding its context.

Rappanui wrote:
Scientists won't even admit humans were around more then 3000 years ago, in fear of offending religious fanatics. Despite, --- digging up Civilizations older then previously thought possible. They'd sooner attribute that to Homo erectus, or Caveman, or what ever.
I'm not sure where you get this idea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens uses a 500 thousand (not 3) estimate of species divergence. Plus I hardly think referring to Homo Erectus is something scientists would do to avoid offending fanatics.

Rappanui wrote:
5. There is a Large conspiracy by radical Christians to Verify the bible events as true and accurate and falsifications have occured, all to prop their world view. This started back in(in modern context, but has been going on since forever) 2001 and continues on today. Such as the Alleged "tomb of christ" found in jerusalem. The radical Christian answer to that " that's not christ's tomb, because he rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. "
Er, pretty sure something's still considered a tomb even if you rise from it. Case in point, the tomb of Tal Rasha. This seems to be getting off topic from learning more about the earlier sources of the Atlantean theories you've mentioned though.

Rappanui wrote:
They distort, destroy, and warp historical records and archeological records all in the name of their holy text. Now, mind you, other religions do this to, but christianity is the only one most at odds with technology, progress, and giving up control over "belief".
Cool story bro, but this isn't getting us any closer to reading whatever source documents led to this whole 'Atlas and Viracocha were buds' thing I want to read about.

Rappanui wrote:
Atlantis Mythology has Nothing to do with evolution, merely the advancement of Science when it was thought that there wasn't any.

Apparently this discussion of Atlantis myths has nothing to do with pointing us to some pre-1900s documents we can read about it? I mean heck, even if they're written in other languages, we could read a translation. Where be the dox?

Rappanui wrote:
The WHOLE point of this thread shift was " Shifting mythology".. not to argue the Validity of the myths.
I'm not so much interested in validating the content of the myths so much as their source. I want to know if "Atlas + Viracocha = BFFS" is a 1990s idea or an 1890s idea.

Rappanui wrote:
The only way you could ADD to this is to disprove his research, and not by saying " OH MY GOD HE IS A PEDOPHILE NAZI GAY PERSON WHO WROTE OBJECTIONABLE MATERIAL THAT HAS NOT BEEN PEEER REVIEWED"... When he never CLAIMS to be a scientist.
I'm not interested in the vices of the author, but what this research is based on. It is not the burden of people hearing these ideas to disprove them, it is the author's burden to prove the origins of his research. Or if a fan is claiming that an author did not concoct a connection, but was merely communicating a pre-existing one, those hearing this expect that relationship to be explained.

Peer review is not something solely for scientists. Basically it is to test claims. Like for example if an author wrote "Viracocha and Atlas were worshipped in the same shrine" they might refer to some hypothetical journal which talked about both of them found in a temple in the 1800s or something along those lines. The job of peer review would be to verify that such an artifact (journal) actually exists, to date its age, to accurately translate what it says (if in another language, which seems likely), etc.

_________________
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:48 am
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 am
Posts: 181
Umm, not quite. He makes claims that those myths are real. They are not. Deal with it.

Quote:
I've never seen so many armchair Pagan Experts in my life!


Oh? I'm not sure about others, but I have a degree in Theology, which, believe it or not, covered pagan beliefs in depth.

If you can't come up with something better than "this crazy, unsourced bugger agrees with me" maybe you should rethink your point?

I don't care that he's a Nazi paedophile (ok, I care, but can put that aside)

I care that his work is moronic, lacking in evidence, or even a basic proper bibliography of sited works.

_________________
There once was a dragon named Ernie... who was very special ;)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
I Would gladly distribute a copy of his book, instead of you trying to have me read an entire ENCYCLOPEDIA, to argue one Claim.

Clearly your unwillingness to read the book is suspect.

As for Homer's Writings, He writes about Atlantis in Ilyad, when he writes about Pharaecia(sp?).
As for sources, there are many he uses, including Prevailing 1800's books, and Aborriginal, Egyptian, Mid EAst, and Pacific Islander myth.
Viracocca was never a Deity (in the author's claim) but a Culture Bearer - turned into a Deity. He Does this with more and more Deities and regions.

Also note, there Multiple waves of "Alantean" Emmigration. one is during the Ice age, One during 3000 BC and another during 1500BC. The "Mu" emmigration pattern did not even Exist during the 1st wave but did during the 2nd.
by the 3rd wave, they were barely better then the locals. The Pellopinisian War was the Greek Victory over the Descendants of Atlantis.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm
Posts: 2088
As for the Science claims. Science will always debunk myths. If a claim about a site is debunked in 2008 (The book was written 2005, Then it changes the theory,(in this case, for you Literay "giants" is how it relates to real history) it doesn't change the myth. Censors on Wikipedia went overboard After a Documentary on Santorini came out, and it took months to get the documentary claims added to wikipedia.

If someone uncovers a vast conspiracy on a political figure, the Wikipedia censors will REMOVE it without even considering any of the claims.

_________________
Got 15 bucks? You get 50 baby cows in a box! Only at FORTRESS OF WHITE!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 pm
  

User avatar
Supreme Being

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 8554
Location: Unreality
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.
I think this one has diverted far enough from anything related to the original topic (Nightbane . . . remember it gang? It's the topic of the sub-forum you are posting on as well as the specific topic of this thread) and is generating far more heat than it is light at this point. Locked.

_________________
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:
All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group