Natural & Genius OCC in other settings

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Natural & Genius OCC in other settings

Unread post by Nightmask »

I'm wondering how much other settings would affect this OCC, particularly the Extraordinary PS special ability when in lower PPE settings like Beyond the Supernatural, Robotech, and Heroes Unlimited. In Nightbane it's specifically stated that you have Supernatural PS but what about other settings? Since you're supposed to be exceptional would one have the equivalent of Extraordinary PS from Heroes Unlimited?

In MDC settings like Rifts or Phaseworld it seems easier to handle, since they're considered supernaturally strong in Nightbane they would be in those settings as well and deal mega-damage, with the PE boosting feature being increased to raise you to being a natural MDC being. Other abilities don't seem as if they'd be overly dependent on ambient PPE levels.

I imagine they'd also easily adapt to other settings given they're all about being exceptional, similar to the way other genius sorts seem to do.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Natural & Genius OCC in other settings

Unread post by Bill »

Last time I looked at it, I didn't see a canonical ruling. I arbitrarily decided that it granted supernatural strength and minor MDC for Rifts. I was using the BTS version though.

Looking at it again, there are conversion notes in Conversion Book 1 for the BTS version. They're disappointing though. The natural gains a handful of skills and a couple psychic powers, nothing of note for the physical savant. Which is probably why I opted to houserule it.

Return to “Nightbane®”