Any cool campaign ideas out there?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

flatline
Knight

Re: Any cool campaign ideas out there?

Unread post by flatline »

Have them start a gang. Let them get things going (profit and territory) and then slowly start introducing them to the various factions as antagonists or potential allies as it works easily into the storyline.

That way they don't have to know everything about the setting at the beginning. Information overload is best avoided.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I have plans to get a group looking for those ancient Nightbanes in order to enlist their help in defeating a Nightlord.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

One of my better ones that I set aside years ago because I couldn't completely think of how to end it involved the players becoming Nightbane just as they are joining the paranormal investigation unit of the FBI.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

flatline wrote:Have them start a gang. Let them get things going (profit and territory) and then slowly start introducing them to the various factions as antagonists or potential allies as it works easily into the storyline.

That way they don't have to know everything about the setting at the beginning. Information overload is best avoided.

--flatline

I like this idea because it comes from the street level and can open up into some pretty heavy stuff down the road. Getting them a buisness sponsor could lead them into a much larger and dangerous world. The interesting part comes when they start becoming successful; they end up having to go morphus in a few situations and Nightbane resistance finds them, trying to recruit them. Then they find out their benefactor is connected to a Nightlord and things become super hairy.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Ale Golem, isn't there a special ops unit class in Nightbane that does that already? Like omega signus or some blah-blah?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I had a starter idea:

The players are at a film premier and along the red carpet walk Janice Hotchkiss. The NB players can sense her bodyguards as being NB but they can also sense them back! They ignore the sense and enter the theatre.

Later that evening a murder of (GMs enter NPC here) is committed but he is put into a coma. The players faction have the idea to enter the dreamstream to attempt to identify the murderer....

Play a dreamstream adventure until the correct scenario of the murder is played. The NPC was proably in the film indestry so now is the time to put in living nightmares of your favourite film baddies (ask them if they are gods or give them 10 seconds to comply etc....). do any of these nightmares escape the dreamstream with the players?

The twist: as the murder dreamsequence plays out the murderer is revealed to be......... Janice Hotchkiss - "oh ffs it's just another film nightmare! We are no further towards knowing who the murderer is.

Other avenues must be investigated but can the players uncover that Janice really IS the villain in this scene?!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Alrik Vas
Knight

Someone should run a Nightbane game that plays more like Teen Wolf.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm, for A Teenwolf feel you could set thing in a small town that's off the beaten path, though it is a mystical hotspot, the Nightlords don't know this yet. In fact, it may be small enough that there may not even be a nightlands equivalent(which would help in Keeping it low key).

The characters would have to fight other Nightbane, Warlords, fanatic resistance members, crazy underground railroaders, rogue psychics, demons. Perhaps s one one doesn't like the Guardian PC?
Or the vampire PC earns enmity of a local branch of the Knights Templar, who decide to send in a family to infiltrate the high school?
Perhaps the Lightbringers have a fanatical member who shoots first?

Plus members of the seekers or a loner power hungry Mage, or even someone who's real threat is that they might eventually draw the Nightlords attention to the place.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Nightbane®”