Nightbane NPC Cannon Fodder Needed

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Nightbane NPC Cannon Fodder Needed

Unread post by LostOne »

I'm hoping people out there can help me out.

I'm looking for some prerolled Nightbane to use as cannon fodder. I don't need names, backstory, fluff, etc, just the stats, description of the morphus, talents/abilities. If a theme was used to build it, great, if it's randomly rolled, that's fine too.

The group is going to go through the ringer fighting a lot of different nightbane in a gauntlet in the near future and I just don't expect to have time to get them rolled up with my real life interfering (son's first birthday, dad in hospital for three surgeries over the next couple months, full time job + part time job, moving, etc)

So if it isn't too much trouble, please copy and paste some Nightbane stats here for my group to slaughter or die trying. :demon:
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Nightbane NPC Cannon Fodder Needed

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

even the weakest nightbane has access to too much power to be rightly considered "cannon fodder". I mean, even if your just talking a dozen randomly rolled first level nightbane with 2 talents each, they could definatly kill several party members if not a TKP if they fight at all intelligently.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:even the weakest nightbane has access to too much power to be rightly considered "cannon fodder". I mean, even if your just talking a dozen randomly rolled first level nightbane with 2 talents each, they could definatly kill several party members if not a TKP if they fight at all intelligently.

Begging your pardon, but you have no information to base that statement on. You don't know specifically how they will be used, what the party make-up is or what the theme of the game is.

Against a standard party in the Nightbane RPG, yes, it would probably cripple the group. Against a group of CS infantry, it would be a TPK.

Against a group of high powered supernatural Rifts characters in a game handling cosmic issues, they are potentially cannon fodder. I'm looking to make a faction of Nightbane for them to go against. They won't necessarily be fighting large groups at a time but organized covert units on counter-missions and there will also be random nightbane encounters.

So rather than trying to tell me how to use them in my campaign, perhaps realize that I wasn't seeking advice on GMing, but assistance in improving my preparation for the game so I am not forced to use generic stats which feels less immersive. I didn't think it would be time consuming for people to take a minute to copy and paste from stuff they already had rolled up and it could save me many hours of advance time I don't expect to have to roll them from scratch.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I think it's actually difference in terminology, rather than me trying to tell you how to run your game :D

specifcally, when I hear "gauntlent", it means "A series of fights/encounters with no chance to rest or plan or escape", and cannon fodder means "Weak enemies that rush with no creativity" That is, it sounded like you wanted a whole batch of dozens of nightbane to simply charge up and bash the players.

My point about playing them "at all intelligently", means that "They are too powerful with too many options to zerg rush in a mindless mob, and played well could be a threat to any party of characters"

lets face it "I need cannon fodder for a guantlet of death" pretty much makes it sound like a mindless hoard, which is what I took exception to. sinse that's not what you were saying, then yes, I think the idea is acutally a good one.

However, while I looked, I just can't find my notes from the nightbane game I ran some years ago. if I find them, i'll post a couple for ya!
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

You are correct, I could have phrased my original post more accurately. That's what I get for posting in a hurry I guess.

Return to “Nightbane®”