The Becoming

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kinghawke
Explorer

The Becoming

Unread post by Kinghawke »

when a Nightbane changes, how does one determine what happens to the clothing they are wearing, or is it up to the GM? I am hoping for a table or something I can find to roll on.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: The Becoming

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Kinghawke wrote:when a Nightbane changes, how does one determine what happens to the clothing they are wearing, or is it up to the GM? I am hoping for a table or something I can find to roll on.

It's actually up to the player what their morphus looks like usually, with the GM having the power to intervine as he sees fit in the final result. it's intentionally left vauge so players can round out their apperance the way they want to.

Rifter 20 has the table you are looking for. but it like the rest of that rifter material is optional, but sounds like what you want to use.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Kinghawke wrote:when a Nightbane changes, how does one determine what happens to the clothing they are wearing, or is it up to the GM? I am hoping for a table or something I can find to roll on.

It's actually up to the player what their morphus looks like usually, with the GM having the power to intervine as he sees fit in the final result. it's intentionally left vauge so players can round out their apperance the way they want to.

Rifter 20 has the table you are looking for. but it like the rest of that rifter material is optional, but sounds like what you want to use.

I think he's just asking whether or not your clothes get destroyed when you shift and not how the morphus looks.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Nightmask wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I think he's just asking whether or not your clothes get destroyed when you shift and not how the morphus looks.

Yes, that's what I was talking about.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Only if it would be sexy for that to happen........no sexy? No clothes rip. Hahahaha
Yes, that's what I was talking about.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Basically: are they Bruce Banner pants or Reed Richards pants.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Tor wrote:Basically: are they Bruce Banner pants or Reed Richards pants.

Generally they're one and the same, something about the transformation actually changes Banner's pants (they even had a story where aliens required a pair of his pants post-transformation due to their special properties) and Reed makes a special material that adjusts to the wearer so aren't harmed by otherwise destructive transformations.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
camk4evr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by camk4evr »

I believe the official rule is that it depends on what you want to happen. If you want the clothes to be destroyed then they're destroyed. If you want the morphus to be wearing the clothes then the morphus wears them, etc. etc.
May contain peanuts
-warning I saw on a pack of Peanut Butter M&Ms

Return to “Nightbane®”