Animate Dead Hounds in Nightlands?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Animate Dead Hounds in Nightlands?

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!
I have a Nighbane Sorcerer with Undead Form-Skeleton and am looking into getting the Zombie Master Talent. Can my PC, with this Talent (or the Spell) Animate slain Hounds in the Nightlands (so they do not just vanish)??? If so, then I will DEFINATELY take this cool and creepy Talent! I'll use it during big fights to get expendable reinforcements during a battle in places like Doom's Harbor!

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
LostOne
Champion

Re: Animate Dead Hounds in Nightlands?

Unread post by LostOne »

I doubt the rules are specific enough to get a hard ruling on this. Discuss it with your GM.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Of course you can!

Their attributes in that care are exsactly the same as a regular zombie, however.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Kinghawke
Explorer

Unread post by Kinghawke »

if the Hounds disappear when they die as the very first post mentioned: why are the scientists of the Spook Squad puzzled by their anatomy & how they can't figure out what makes it tick when dissected & the "Cannibal" Spook Squad who eats hound blood when its dead.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Hounds and the like do not Die like the living, this is because at their basics they Golems.

Thus, a power that makes zombies out of the dead will not work on them after they have been destroyed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Kinghawke wrote:if the Hounds disappear when they die as the very first post mentioned: why are the scientists of the Spook Squad puzzled by their anatomy & how they can't figure out what makes it tick when dissected & the "Cannibal" Spook Squad who eats hound blood when its dead.
I always figured that the corpses only disappear on earth but that they decay normally in the Nightlands, so the blooddrinking and dissection would be occuring in Nightlands outposts.

I'm not sure if this was specified in the book or not though, might've just been an idea I read on the forums.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Nightbane®”