Online Nightbane game

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Diamond Spear
D-Bee

Online Nightbane game

Unread post by Diamond Spear »

I am looking for 2-4 players for an online Nightbane game I will be starting. Below are a few things to keep in mind before applying to the game

1. I am only looking for players who want to play Nightbane. No human or other OCC/RCC.

2. The PC's MUST be able and willing to function in and with a group. No loaners/paranoids need apply. I will also be asking that each player submit a background for their character although this can be as brief or extensive as the player wishes.

3. The players and their characters must be able to function within a hierarchy in which they are subject to orders. This doesn't mean the PCs will be slaves or get railroaded but it is expected that they will be able to accept that they sometimes will be given orders that need to be obeyed even if they disagree with them.

4. Keeping mind the point above the PCs will be given ample opportunity to not just influence but to direct the course of the game. Plot hooks from the backgrounds the players submit about their characters will be given heavy consideration in how the game unfolds. After all the game is supposed to be about the players.

5. Where the rules as written or the background of the game come into conflict with compelling storytelling, storytelling will win every time.

If you are inerested please post a reply here.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Online Nightbane game

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Diamond Spear wrote:I am looking for 2-4 players for an online Nightbane game I will be starting. Below are a few things to keep in mind before applying to the game

1. I am only looking for players who want to play Nightbane. No human or other OCC/RCC.

2. The PC's MUST be able and willing to function in and with a group. No loaners/paranoids need apply. I will also be asking that each player submit a background for their character although this can be as brief or extensive as the player wishes.

3. The players and their characters must be able to function within a hierarchy in which they are subject to orders. This doesn't mean the PCs will be slaves or get railroaded but it is expected that they will be able to accept that they sometimes will be given orders that need to be obeyed even if they disagree with them.

4. Keeping mind the point above the PCs will be given ample opportunity to not just influence but to direct the course of the game. Plot hooks from the backgrounds the players submit about their characters will be given heavy consideration in how the game unfolds. After all the game is supposed to be about the players.

5. Where the rules as written or the background of the game come into conflict with compelling storytelling, storytelling will win every time.

If you are inerested please post a reply here.

just a couple thoughts:

1) you may wish to post this in the "game room announcements" forums as well. (URL is viewforum.php?f=45 if you didn't know, technically it's only if you're using chat rooms but lots of people looking for games in general likely keep an eye on it).

2) you should probably specify information like factions, what books people can use, etc, in order to keep characters appropriate for your game. for example, if someone wanted to make a character heavily based around travel to the astral plane, and you don't own the right books, you may run into some issues ;)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

you should also list what day you are planning to run it, what time of day, and how often. usually the biggest question in a game is the scheduling.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Unread post by Bones »

You have no idea how much I want to join this game. I have been looking for so long to join a Nightbane game it's not even funny, nor was it ever. You name the website and I will be there. I already have a character rolled up.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Online how? E-mail? Play by post on a message board somewhere? Chat?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Did he ever get back with any of you?
Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Unread post by Bones »

not me. Is there anybody else that would be willing to run an pbp nightbane game?
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

The Beast wrote:Did he ever get back with any of you?

Not me. Either he filled his group already or hasn't been able to get back. Either way, I was hoping for a game that would post fairly regularly in a PBP or PBEM style and this guy isn't responding quick enough to make me think his game would do that.

I'd love to find a game that has daily posts from the majority of players.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Bones
Wanderer

Unread post by Bones »

LostOne wrote:I'd love to find a game that has daily posts from the majority of players.

I am right there with you, LostOne. I can't believe that almost no one has even heard of Nightbane throughout the online gaming community much less want to play it.
Kinghawke
Explorer

Unread post by Kinghawke »

on the off chance that somebody does answer, I'm interested.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Bones
Wanderer

Unread post by Bones »

I'm still here looking for a GM too. If we could just get enough people together I would be fine with playing by Skype or IRC.

Return to “Nightbane®”