Nightbane vs Dead reign

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Nightbane vs Dead reign

Unread post by drakinn »

Is Nightbane better than Dead Reign? why or why not?
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Nightbane vs Dead reign

Unread post by Jefffar »

No and not the reverse. They are different genres, so whichever genre you prefer most is the one that's best for you to play.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Oops, wrong thread.

I've a friend who wants to combine DR and NB on the theory even a Bane would need some caution against the vast hordes of undead DR has.
Last edited by Misfit KotLD on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Is pointless question, is like asking if you prefer Spiderman or Batman. Two different things. Each very good in their own.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Baron of chaos wrote:Is pointless question, is like asking if you prefer Spiderman or Batman. Two different things. Each very good in their own.

Spiderman :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drakinn
Explorer

Unread post by drakinn »

Batman that is easy
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Th only answer I can give is that NS is better then Any zombi game. This is due to that I don't have DR, and I don't really get any other system other then PB's.

The Baron of chaos wrote:Is pointless question, is like asking if you prefer Spiderman or Batman. Two different things. Each very good in their own.

Batman hands down.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kinghawke
Explorer

Unread post by Kinghawke »

a better question is: which side would prevail? the Nightbane or Dead Reign.

Nightbane are produced in direct proportion to Nightlord minions' presence in a dimension. if they unleashed something to destroy most of humanity & turn them into zombies without having too much physical contact with it, the Nightbane would be relatively few. Dead Reign zombies see PPE as light. Nightbanes are Lighthouses of PPE. they would never get a moment's rest in either form. even Nightbane can get tired.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Not sure what you mean by 'side' here. There aren't any clear cut sides. Zombies are (except when managed by Priests of Brulyx, Mock Zombies, Half-Dead or Zombie tamers/wranglers, etc.) pretty much a force of nature, and Nightbane are often part of factions with different aims or working solo.

If you're talking about the sum of all Nightbane versus the sum of all Zombies, I think the Nightbane would easily trump them. They're just too powerful, too mobile, too regenerative, to be beaten. I forget the ratio of normal humans to Nightbane, but even if it was a million to 1 and every human was turned, I still think the Banes would be victorious.

The lighthouse of PPE that zombies see (at NIGHT) is still obscured by things like buildings (though I'm not entirely sure what the metaphysics are behind that) so Nightbane would get a moment's rest. Especially during the day, when PPE is less visible.

I think you'd end up seeing some Nightbane trying to use the zombies to their advantage though, possibly siding with the Brulyxians, just like some side with the nightlords.

Nightbane are produced in direct proportion to Nightlord minions' presence in a dimension. if they unleashed something .. without having too much physical contact with it, the Nightbane would be relatively few.
I don't think Nightbane work that way. Is this some new Dark Conversions thing? The Nightbane often have their Becoming in response to stressful situations, and Dark Day and the invasion have certainly triggered more of those, which has resulted in more Nightbane being awakened to who they are (as opposed to never discovering their true nature) but I wouldn't say that the Nightlords actually PRODUCE the Nightbane. They're there, they're just usually Latent.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Kinghawke
Explorer

Tor wrote:Not sure what you mean by 'side' here. There aren't any clear cut sides. Zombies are (except when managed by Priests of Brulyx, Mock Zombies, Half-Dead or Zombie tamers/wranglers, etc.) pretty much a force of nature, and Nightbane are often part of factions with different aims or working solo.

If you're talking about the sum of all Nightbane versus the sum of all Zombies, I think the Nightbane would easily trump them. They're just too powerful, too mobile, too regenerative, to be beaten. I forget the ratio of normal humans to Nightbane, but even if it was a million to 1 and every human was turned, I still think the Banes would be victorious.

The lighthouse of PPE that zombies see (at NIGHT) is still obscured by things like buildings (though I'm not entirely sure what the metaphysics are behind that) so Nightbane would get a moment's rest. Especially during the day, when PPE is less visible.

I think you'd end up seeing some Nightbane trying to use the zombies to their advantage though, possibly siding with the Brulyxians, just like some side with the nightlords.

Nightbane are produced in direct proportion to Nightlord minions' presence in a dimension. if they unleashed something .. without having too much physical contact with it, the Nightbane would be relatively few.
I don't think Nightbane work that way. Is this some new Dark Conversions thing? The Nightbane often have their Becoming in response to stressful situations, and Dark Day and the invasion have certainly triggered more of those, which has resulted in more Nightbane being awakened to who they are (as opposed to never discovering their true nature) but I wouldn't say that the Nightlords actually PRODUCE the Nightbane. They're there, they're just usually Latent.

yes, it's a Dark Conversions thing. Nightbane are the natural supernatural anti-bodies in any dimension that Nightlords enter. zombies don't see light/dark. they see grey & energy force as Light. yes, Nightbane Squads or Groups could triumph. but I think that zombies would swarm any Nightbane that was alone. zombies don't get tired, simply put, and are hard to kill unless you hit their heads and crush it.

also, if there are Nightbane, there are Nightlords. the zombies would draw out the Nightbane & the Nightlords would sweep in while they are tired from all the fighting and kill them all.

zombies may be a force of nature, but they are an easily controlled force of Nature by the nightlords.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The Nightlords were born on earth, they were human sorcerers. So they hardly "entered" the dimension of Nightbane Earth. Nothing in the original Nightbane books talks about requiring Nightlords to exist.

I don't hate the idea of antibodies, but I think it's more likely they would react to the Dark itself rather than its minions.

I propose that to disambiguate the original RCC and the Dark Conversions RCC, we either do Nightspawn/Nightbane or Nightbane/Darkbane.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

iron man. you know the guy bats wants to be. and game wise in dr you are most of the time a normal human. so for raw power nightbane for lots of fleeing dr
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I think Bruce could do without Tony's drinking problems and inferior fighting abilities, but I suppose he would covet his tech.
Kinghawke
Explorer

bruce simply is lacking the heart/core. he could easily come up with anything else. he has superior tech, Tony just flaunts it more. two different worlds.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

He may have created Brother Eye but he didn't create the OMACs or anything. Batman's a decent hacker and AI programmer apparently. Perhaps his surveillance capabilities could approach those of Oracle and Calculator's. But in terms of raw tech creation, while he has made powered armor and stuff (some credit must go to Lucius though) I doubt its capabilities approach those of Tony's.

Batman's power armor had trouble beating Bane. Tony's power armor can match Thor or Hulk at times. Not really much of a comparison.

Return to “Nightbane®”