NightBane Talents

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

chosenrifter
Wanderer

NightBane Talents

Unread post by chosenrifter »

I dont know if there is a Topic for this. Could everyone that has made New Talents list them here. Thanks
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: NightBane Talents

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Using my own rules for converting spells into talents I made the following starting from the mute spell.

Shadow Hand of Gagging--this talent is an extention of the Bane's will, at first this talent will apper at a time of great annoyance by a person. The SHoG appers as a shadowy hand that flys out from the Bane's own hand to the sorce of annoyance and clamps onto the annoyer's mouth causing him to be unable to speak. This talent can not dose not affect the annoyer's brething in any way.  So it can't be used to suffocate them.

limitations--can only be used in morphius, and the Bane must be in Line of Sight of the annoyer when used, to use SHoG the Bane must make a gasping gesture at the annoyer, range 20 feet per Level. can only be dodged, and only if the annoyer has seen SHoG in use before hand. 

costs--perm ppe cost--10 , cost to activate--10 per 10 min.(up front or mantained) 
Note--The Line of Sight more spesificly means that the user needs to be able to see the target area...the mouth.

This is one I just intuited to make it from something nerfed from anime... (200 geek points if anyone with the where I got it from in my PM's)
Black Dragon--50 Perm...3 miles(200) save-->dodge -6, take two attackes one to build up and another to send out,, 50 foot radiuse /L. 1d4X100 damage/L
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Here is one I plan to try out in my game.

Shadow Entangle

The Nightbane can cause cords to come out of a shadow and entangle the target. These strong cords will immobilize the target. To break the cords requires a combined supernatural strength of 30. They can also be cut (100 S.D.C.). There is a risk of also injuring the person your trying to free. Any strike roll under 8 does half the damage to the trapped person.

The appearance of the cords will vary by the Morphus of the Nightbane. For example a plant based one would be vines or branches. A mechanical one would have wires.

Limitations: Usable by the Morphus only and requires a shadow within five feet of the target.
Cost: 8 P.P.E. to permanently acquire. 6 P.P.E. to activate for ten minutes.
Last edited by Shawn Merrow on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Thanks for the Replys Guys. Anyone have any Talents that can be used in the Banes Human form?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

chosenrifter wrote:Thanks for the Replys Guys. Anyone have any Talents that can be used in the Banes Human form?

http://web.archive.org/web/200003081308 ... spawn.html

Lots on that site.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
chosenrifter wrote:Thanks for the Replys Guys. Anyone have any Talents that can be used in the Banes Human form?

Lots on that site.

Says invalid request
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

chosenrifter wrote:

Lots on that site.

Says invalid request

http://web.archive.org/web/20000308130807/www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~clsmith/nightspawn/nightspawn.html
That should work.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I have opened up The Black Vault Wiki for Nightbane related entries, including but not limited to Talents, Elite Talents and new Morphus. Feel free to register an account at The Black Vault Wiki and submit your creations.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Shadow Limb

"Could someone give me a hand . . . I don't have one"

Shadow limb is a talent that is particularly useful for those Nightbane that do not have human limbs but it can be used by any one who needs an extra limbs. The talent allows a nightbane to create an arm and hand from the same shadow substance that powers many other talents. The shadow limb can be given one point of physical strength or physical prowess per PPE point. The limb lasts for 1 minute per level of experience. Alternatively the character can spend but a single PPE point to perform a quick action requriing a limb, such as turning a door nob, or pressing an elevator button.

Cost: 10 PPE to learn. 1 PPE per PS or PP point to activate [or 1 ppe for a quick simple action]
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Incriptus wrote:Shadow Limb

"Could someone give me a hand . . . I don't have one"

Shadow limb is a talent that is particularly useful for those Nightbane that do not have human limbs but it can be used by any one who needs an extra limbs. The talent allows a nightbane to create an arm and hand from the same shadow substance that powers many other talents. The shadow limb can be given one point of physical strength or physical prowess per PPE point. The limb lasts for 1 minute per level of experience. Alternatively the character can spend but a single PPE point to perform a quick action requriing a limb, such as turning a door nob, or pressing an elevator button.

Cost: 10 PPE to learn. 1 PPE per PS or PP point to activate [or 1 ppe for a quick simple action]

So it's like Dark Whip but cheeper and more useful?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

gmapprentice wrote:No, just a normal PS. You can use it for combat. It would do normal punch damage, with attack bonuses based on the PP you put into it. Yes it can fire a gun or wield a sword if need be. . . but it will likely be overly expensive, if you want any bonuses.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:So it's like Dark Whip but cheeper and more useful?

Dark whip has a range of 60 feet, it has Supernatural PS, you don't have to pay for PP seperately.

Shadow Limb is more useful for day to day life, it has a longer duration. I don't see how its cheaper. Darkwhip is 1 PPE per supernatural PS [and you get to use your own PP for it] while Shadow limb costs 1 PPE per normal PS and you'd have to spend atleast 16 PPE to get any kind of combat bonus with them. [Also if you use RUE rules you would need atleast 8 PPE on PP or suffer big penalties on skill rolls]

. . . I know the revelation of it not being Supernatural PS alone is probably enough but I am really stingy when I allow players [in this case me] create new abilities.

My next nightbane character is going to be a full snake . . . I don't want him to be defeated by door knobs.
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

chosenrifter wrote:

Lots on that site.

Says invalid request

http://web.archive.org/web/20000308130807/www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~clsmith/nightspawn/nightspawn.html
That should work.

Anyone got a new link to this site?
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I have a Talent in mind: "Morphus Pocket"
Morphus Pocket allows the Bane (In Morphus only) to place an object inside their own body and have it remain hidden when the Bane returns to Facade.
Requires: Any one of ; Boneboy, Leathergirl, Gut Tentacles, or Zipperflesh Stigmata
Costs: 5 PPE to Aquire, 5 PPE/Hour to Activate. Duration: 1 Hour/Level.
Can hold up to 2 Lbs/1 Kg of non-living matter inside the Bane's body and have the object(s) be undetectable when the Bane returns to Facade form. If the Duration runs out, the object(s) rip out/are ejected causing 3D6 DIRECT TO HIT POINTS! This is used to hide evidence, or stolen goods or illegal weapons from the authorities..."No gun here officer..." Remember it's to hide the object when you return to Facade.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
omega2672
D-Bee

Unread post by omega2672 »

Warning: If you can't say something nice, well at least say something constructive. Also check out the Forums of the Megaverse® Rules in regards to flaming and harassment.
"Hold onto your lifelines Gents, it's going to be a bumpy ride!" Captain Amelia, Treasure Planet
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mad Cow Milk »

True Lycanthropy (Elite)
Prerequisite: Animal Aspect, at least level 4 nightbane
Benefit: You are able to take on a more powerful purer form of your nightbane for a period of time. If you possess the humanoid animal aspect you can take on the were animal aspect or even the full animal form of that aspect. However the more powerful the form you take on the greater the cost to take that form on. The talent lasts for 4 round with an additional round every 2 levels past level 4. For each increase from their form of the same breed of animal in stat point other than speed, 2 natural armor increase, 10 SDC, +2 to strike, parry, dodge, perception and damage, or 2 dice of natural weapon damage, costs 4 PPE each, with a minimum of 4 if less. Additional modes of movement costs 40 PPE. Speed increase and speed of the new movement types are free. Use the average possible rolled (rounded down) for everything. For the duration of the power you gain these abilities. Other aspects such as increase in sight range are free but up to a GM's discretion. You can not pay less and get some form not listed, but you can take on

Example: The nightbane has the humanoid rodent aspect. They want to take on the form of a full rodent. The total stat increase to PS, PP, and PE between the two aspects is 7 costing 28 PPE. Dice increase in natural weapons is a total of no increase so no additional cost. Average SDC for a humanoid rodent is 7, while the full rodent is 70 costing an additional 28 PPE, but does increase their SDC by 70. So the power to take on the full rodent form costs a total of 56 per 4 rounds of activation.
Limitation: Usable in morphus form only. While the talent is active, you can not change back to your old morphus form or your facade form till at least 4 rounds have passed.
Cost: 15 PPE to obtain, cost per 4 rounds see above.

Morphus Aspect Suppression
Sometime a single aspect of nightbane's appearance is too much of a hindrance at times. Maybe your nightbane glows brightly in the dark making prowling impossible. Or the only thing wrong with your appearance is your eyes look very odd. You would think changing forms would be more natural to a nightbane. This power allows you to suppress one aspect of the night bane, but at a great cost.
Benefit: Sometime a single aspect of nightbane's appearance is too much of a hindrance at times. Maybe your nightbane glows brightly in the dark making prowling impossible. Or the only thing wrong with your appearance is your eyes look very odd; changing forms is natural to a nightbane. This power allows you to suppress one aspect of the night bane, but at a cost.
Limitation: You cannot suppress your aspect/s for more than 3 hours total per day, but this limitation increases by +1 hour for every 2 levels they posses. You cannot quickly deactivate the power at a moment's notice; you must wait for 1D4 rounds to deactivate, or till the power runs out, whichever comes first.
Cost: 12 PPE to acquire it permanently, 6 to activate plus 4 per additional hour the suppression lasts.
Last edited by Mad Cow Milk on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

just thought i'd mention, granting more than 1 round duration on these is a bit of a departure and a fairly significant power boost; normally you basically have to pay 1 action per round to maintain a talent active.

this is not necessarily a problem, but it *is* a departure from the norm (or at least, the normal stuff i've seen... i don't own every rifter).
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Shark_Force wrote:just thought i'd mention, granting more than 1 round duration on these is a bit of a departure and a fairly significant power boost; normally you basically have to pay 1 action per round to maintain a talent active.

this is not necessarily a problem, but it *is* a departure from the norm (or at least, the normal stuff i've seen... i don't own every rifter).

??? Shadow Shield??? Lasts 30 minutes on one action... NB core book pg 111.
Shadow Slide, same page, lasts 10 minutes.

The balancing factor is that was these powers you can't change back to facade or your normal form till the power runs out. So you are stuck, which in itself can cause problems. However I do need to edit the costs a bit. I forgot to update things.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mad Cow Milk wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:just thought i'd mention, granting more than 1 round duration on these is a bit of a departure and a fairly significant power boost; normally you basically have to pay 1 action per round to maintain a talent active.

??? Shadow Shield??? Lasts 30 minutes on one action... NB core book pg. 111.

The balancing factor is that was these powers you can't change back to facade or your normal form till the power runs out. So you are stuck, which in itself can cause problems. However I do need to edit the costs a bit. I forgot to update things.

You can't change back to your facade w/o loosing the talent effect would be how I would of put it.
Or
They have to stay in their morphus to maintain the talent.

Can you provide the supporting text to support the "they can't revert to their facade while using a talent" stance?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mad Cow Milk wrote:

??? Shadow Shield??? Lasts 30 minutes on one action... NB core book pg. 111.

You can't change back to your facade w/o loosing the talent effect would be how I would of put it.
Or
They have to stay in their morphus to maintain the talent.

Can you provide the supporting text to support the "they can't revert to their facade while using a talent" stance?

That is a unique negative. The idea is that your tapping deeper into your morphus aspect so your form is super charged into taking that form; sort of like over heating a pot of water, the metal of the pot is just that much harder to cool down.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Then it is a house rule. *nods*
In the future when you post a house rule could you say something like "the way we play,..." or "our group has it that....", so it is obvious that you are stating a house rule.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

I thought this thread was supposed to be home grown talents... Sorry if I missed something.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mad Cow Milk wrote:I thought this thread was supposed to be home grown talents... Sorry if I missed something.

You are correct.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Mad Cow Milk wrote:I thought this thread was supposed to be home grown talents... Sorry if I missed something.

You are correct.

Then what is the problem again? Now I am confused.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Mad Cow Milk wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

You are correct.

Then what is the problem again? Now I am confused.

the new talents are fine.

the rule that you can't change back into a facade while a talent is active is a house rule, and needs to be identified as such (granted, it's a house rule in a place where there is no official rule... technically, i don't believe there's any information on the matter at all. being unable to assume facade form is one possibility, the talent deactivating if you assume facade form is another. technically, i don't think there's anything that explicitly states the power would even stop working, but i would say that such an interpretation would go against the existing fluff which tells us only talents that explicitly work in facade form are available. still, i would use the rule where returning to facade ends talents rather than the rule of returning to facade while a talent is active would be impossible).
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Shark_Force wrote:
the new talents are fine.

the rule that you can't change back into a facade while a talent is active is a house rule, and needs to be identified as such (granted, it's a house rule in a place where there is no official rule... technically, i don't believe there's any information on the matter at all. being unable to assume facade form is one possibility, the talent deactivating if you assume facade form is another. technically, i don't think there's anything that explicitly states the power would even stop working, but i would say that such an interpretation would go against the existing fluff which tells us only talents that explicitly work in facade form are available. still, i would use the rule where returning to facade ends talents rather than the rule of returning to facade while a talent is active would be impossible).

Okay, your line of logic as well as the logic of everyone else here is not making any sense to me. I am effectively the writer of these powers, so in my written world they are canon. This is a unique limitation to the power as you can not take on your facade form while active. I am not saying that while all powers are active you can not take on your facade form. So by my logic if you want to make the power not have this limitation, or technically make your own talent identical in every way to mine except that one restriction removed that would be your own house-rule for your games.

This logic that I am house ruling against my own house rules just makes no sense to me.

Anyway, glad you otherwise like them.
Shark_Force
Palladin

perhaps i have been unclear, because i think you are still not getting what i mean.

it has nothing to do with the specific talents you posted. if you had not posted a single new talent here, or even if you copied word-for-word some official ones, you would still be introducing a house rule.

that house rule is "_______ happens when a nightbane with a talent active wants to revert to facade form."

there is no official ruling on what happens in that situation. therefore, the "blank" (which each individual GM must fill in) is necessarily a house rule. it cannot be otherwise, because there is no official rule (and if something is not found in the books, it is a house rule; that is, it applies in your 'house' only and cannot be assumed to apply in anyone else's 'house'). therefore, your statement that nightbane who have a talent active cannot revert to facade form until the talent ends is a house rule. it is a house rule no matter what talent you apply it to, and it is neither for nor against the specific talents that you have introduced.

another person might use the house rule that a nightbane's talents cease to function while in facade form, but would be active if the nightbane resumed morphus form before the duration would have expired. a third GM might decide that the talent remains active even in facade form, but cannot be activated in facade form (though i doubt many would use this rule, it is a possibility). a fourth GM might decide that going to facade form instantly ends the talent's duration. yet another GM might make some other ruling that i haven't listed or considered. all of these would be house rules, used to fill in a situation where no official rule is given. they would be house rules regardless of what talent you apply them to, even if that talent is itself an official talent straight from one of the official books.

is that more clear?
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Gotcha thanks.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

I can't seem to make an account for the vault. Oh well.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Sniped.
Last edited by Mad Cow Milk on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Greetings!

Here is a series of Elite Talents that all require: Shadow Bolt Talent as they grant various additions. Enjoy!

SHADOW BOMB:
To Aquire: 10 PPE
Activation Cost; Shadow Bolt Costs + 10 for 10 foot/3 meter Radius, or+ 20 for 20 foot/6 meter Radius or + 30 for 30 foot/9 meter Radius

This Talent simply adds an Area of Effect to the Shadow Bolt Talent. To use it a Nightbane must be in his/her Morphus, have Shadow Blast and then spend standard PPE Cost for the Shadow Bolt's Damage, then spend 10,20, or 30 PPE to have the Damage rolled (Roll once/ use) applied to everything in the area. This includes the user!

SHADOW LENS

This Talent simply adds to the Damage of the Shadow Bolt Talent by focusing the Bolt like a laser of darkness.
PPE to aquire: 2 per added Max Damage, up to + 4d4 Level(8 PPE)
PPE ot use: Standard for Shaodow Bolt with a higher Maximum.

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

I was wondering if there was a Talent that enabled you to teleport between shadows.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Negative. Dark portal is as good as you'll get.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

nvm I got it.
Last edited by Mad Cow Milk on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

STRONGEST ONE THERE IS
Elite Talent
Must have a Morphus Feature which Increases Strength beyond the basic +10 in Morphus form.
PPE Cost : 20 PPE to buy. 5 PPE per use.
Duration : 1 Minute per level.
System : This Talent is meant for massive strength feats alright. At it most basic, it increases PS x10 for Lifting and Carring things. But also increases PS HtH damages as if the character had +10 to his PS attribute for his PS Damage bonus only. A Nightbane with PS 30 Still does d# as a PS 30 nightbane, but his damage bonus increases from +15 to +25 for duration.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Edits a bit to make clearer....
TechnoGothic wrote:STRONGEST ONE THERE IS
Elite Talent
Must have a Morphus Feature which Increases Strength beyond the basic +10 in Morphus form.
PPE Cost : 20 PPE to buy. 5 PPE per use.
Duration : 1 Minute per level.
System : This Talent is meant for massive strength feats alright. At it most basic, it increases PS x10 for Lifting and Carrying things. It increases the PS Damage bonus by +10 Structural Damage. A Nightbane with PS 30 Still does d# as a PS 30 nightbane, but his damage bonus increases from +15 to +25 for duration.

The edited line was just a bit too wordy.

You might want to change this to say something like 'Increases the the NB's carrying limits from PS x50 lb. to PS x500 lb.'
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Thought up 3 Talents for Nightbane.

BEASTAL STRENGTH
Increases the Carry & Lifting Weights to Carry x100, Lift x200.
20 PPE to Purchase permanently. 1 PPE per Feat of increased Strength.

SAVAGE STRENGTH
Increases the Carry & Lifting Weights to Carry x200, Lift x400.
20 PPE to Purchase permanently. 2 PPE per Feat of increased Strength.
Prerequists : Beastial Strength. Not available Until 3rd Level. Usuable only by Morphus.

MONSTROUS STRENGTH
Increases the Carry & Lifting Weights to Carry x400, Lift x800.
20 PPE to Purchase permanently. 4 PPE per Feat of increased Strength.
Prerequists : Savage Strength. Not available Until 6th Level. Usuable only by Morphus.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

Snipped
Last edited by Mad Cow Milk on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 17 times in total.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Greetings!

I know that MY NB Sorcerer will be EAGERLY striving for 5th Level just to get this!!! First I'll get Swarm Self, then it's Piecework time. Then I'll have the kind of Familiar that I, as a NB Sorcerer, can enjoy, without the usual problems involved.

Thank You, Mad Cow Milk!
I wish that I had thought of this!

-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

GaredBattlespike wrote:Greetings!

I know that MY NB Sorcerer will be EAGERLY striving for 5th Level just to get this!!! First I'll get Swarm Self, then it's Piecework time. Then I'll have the kind of Familiar that I, as a NB Sorcerer, can enjoy, without the usual problems involved.

Thank You, Mad Cow Milk!
I wish that I had thought of this!

I am still editing it, but I don't know if it is too powerful. Okay, the editing is done, I think.

P.S. I have done some more editing. I think this is worlds better. Sorry about before.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

There is the Familiar feature in the mage table which is in Rifter 20.

[quote]The familiar has the most of their statistics (including AR and NA), but only has a supernatural strength of 14 no matter the bonuses your morphus or your skills grants.[\quote]

NightBane do not have any AR. (unless you are playing with the optional features in Rifter 20, or playing with house rules)

What is "NA"?

I would limit it to chars that have gained up to Level 7 or above.
Mad Cow Milk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is the Familiar feature in the mage table which is in Rifter 20.

The familiar has the most of their statistics (including AR and NA), but only has a supernatural strength of 14 no matter the bonuses your morphus or your skills grants.[\quote]

NightBane do not have any AR. (unless you are playing with the optional features in Rifter 20, or playing with house rules)

What is "NA"?

I would limit it to chars that have gained up to Level 7 or above.

I did 5 because they already spent two expensive talents as a prerequisites. Any reason specifically level 6 would not be alright?

Also, as for AR and NR. I am sorry about the NR home game term for natural armor rating. You should look over the new tables in the NSG. Specifically the fantasy table.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Greetings!

Here is a new Talent:

"BoneCrafting" (ELITE)

This Talent is used to create objects from available bones. Note that this Talent DOES NOT CREATE bone-matter, just that it allows the shaping/merging of existing bones into whatever object that you want (within the limits of the available bones and the PPE costs).

Prerequisites: Boneboy/girl Stigmata, or Undead Table. Morphus only.
PPE Cost: 10 to Aquire and 1 PPE per pound of bone to be affected.
Range: Touch only
Duration: Permanent
Notes: This Talent will allow the 'Bane to sculpt bones into utensils, plates, cups, tools, melee weapons, bone arrows, spears, furniture and other simple objects/tools. The PPE Cost to use is one PPE Point per pound the finished object weighs.

-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-

anapuna wrote:

or i am a TW.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Shadow Clip
Perm cost 15 PPE, activation cost 5 + 1 PPE per blast.
This Talent lets the NightSpawn use their energies to use their Directed Energy Weapon small arms. With DEWs activating the talent the Spawn creates a small Shadow Clip and tether of shadow that is slipped into the DEW's e-clip port. After this the Spawn is connected for 1 min. per level, costing 1 PPE per 4d6 blast (if the DEW does 1d6 -->4d6 it costs 1 PPE per blast, if the blast is 5d6-->8d6 then it costs 2 PPE per blast, etc....)

Shadow Magazine
Perm cost 15 PPE, activation cost 5 + 1 PPE per round.
This Talent lets the NightSpawn use their energies to load up their firearms small arms. With Firearms, the Spawn creates a magazine like shadow block that is loaded into the firearm. Each round does 3d6 no matter the rated damage for the normal round the firearm uses. For each round the Spawn wants to use they pre-load the Shadow Magazine with the PPE. The magazine lasts till all the preloaded PPE are used up or until 30 min. have passed.
The Spawn my regain the unused PPE by ingesting the Shadow Magazine before the end of the duration, otherwise the loaded PPE is lost at the end of the duration.
greenclowd99
D-Bee

Unread post by greenclowd99 »

If a 5th lv Nightbane has the hand to hand combat of martial arts & as a talent called Natural Combat. Dosent it stack w/ the facade combat style?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

What's the talent say? is that a homebrew?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Obscure weapon(custom): this talent make a single weapon invisable to everone but those who can see the invisible, and even then they only see a shadowy black form w/o being able to see the detailes.
perm cost: 3 PPE, activations cost: 12 PPE per hour, can be paid up front of as needed.
Shark_Force
Palladin

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Obscure weapon(custom): this talent make a single weapon invisable to everone but those who can see the invisible, and even then they only see a shadowy black form w/o being able to see the detailes.
perm cost: 3 PPE, activations cost: 12 PPE per hour, can be paid up front of as needed.

works in facade form i presume? (might want to specifically call attention to it if it does... talents that work in facade form are pretty rare).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

For a talent to work in the facade it need to be specifically stated that it works while in the facade. Otherwise the it only works in the morphus.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:For a talent to work in the facade it need to be specifically stated that it works while in the facade. Otherwise the it only works in the morphus.

Actually, while the main book does state that a majority of talents can only be used in morphus form, only talents that list in the limitations section that they are only usable in morphus are restricted as such. See mainbook pg 107 for the passage and see the "See the Truth" talent on page 111 for an example of a talent without the restriction.
Shark_Force
Palladin

also, a talent that lets you hide a weapon only in morphus is pretty weak. i don't think i'd ever have a use for it... in morphus form, at least in the current nightbane setting (if you play games set in a different, time, it would change), you're *very* easy to detect. being able to hide a weapon is just not really very useful at all, because there's so much stuff in the game that can detect supernatural beings, including iirc all hounds and hunters.

Return to “Nightbane®”