Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaversal Ambassadors

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:12 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Long Live The Defilers!
Hi talongl,

Actually, this just came up in an email with Kev. We know Palladium has a lot of fans towards the East Coast, and we're going to be doing our best to be represented at conventions out that way. I know Wayne and Kevin will be at UberCon VIII in Secaucus, NJ this October 20-22. If you've got information or know someone setting up a con around that area though, send me any sort of info, as I'm currently building up a big database of conventions we'd evenrtually like to support.

If you'd like to help us out and get involved, in fact, and are willing to run some demo or convention games in your area, we'd love to have you on board. Of course, the guys at Palladium are crazy busy, but we're going to be implementing several more formal and organized parts of the MAs in the very near future. So stay tuned, and in the mean time, stay involved where you can. And thanks!

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.”
-Tennyson

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:22 am

D-Bee

Hey Zach,
No problem I will check out the MarsCon schedule and let ya'll know and will try to help where I can. If my personnal life allows I will be willing to run some convention demos and get some of my fellow rift-heads in the area to help out. Keep me informed of the status of MA's.
Later,
Rob aka TalonGL(aka Talon Van Arkaine Gargoyle Lord)Gen 1 Rifts Gargoyle Lord.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 am

D-Bee

Ok Zach, I found out when MarsCon will grace VA, it will be in January 19-21, 2007. It is held in Willamsburg at the Holiday Inn Patriot. Hopefully Palladium fans of the area can make a strong showing. The web page is www.marscon.net
8) 8) 8) :fool:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 pm

Palladium Books® Super Fan

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Zachary The First wrote:
Hey guys, I appreciate the responses, but if we could keep this thread more focused on things the Megaversal Ambassadors could feasibly do to attract more players (demos, adventures, outreach, prgrams, incentives), I'd appreciate it.

Baby sit for kids old enough to game.

THAT is a good idea!

I'm going to try and get the neighbor kids to look into it. I know of at least one that would certainly be willing to try.

Another idea - wear your Palladium shirts anywhere that you know fellow geeks will be hanging out.

Also - I wonder if we could somehow get permission or other means to fund local events (i.e. cancer awareness, autism awareness, 10K run fundraiser for books for students, etc) in the name of Palladium. Maybe there could be someone to whom it could be proposed, who then signs off on it, and then we direct our own money to Palladium, who proceeds to use it to sponsor the event.

/Sub

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:12 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

I need to snag a t-shirt or two for GC Indy use. Thanks for the reminder!.

And thanks, talongl, I will add it to the list and see if we can make a good showing. :)

-Tennyson

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Hey guys,

We've got our own forum! :ok:

-Tennyson

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:29 pm

Adventurer

Zachary The First wrote:
Hey guys,

We've got our own forum! :ok:

I see that.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:55 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
topic moved since it has its own forum now.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:54 am

D-Bee

Hey guys,
I'd love to help out. There are 3 local games stores out here in Knoxville, TN that I can ask if I can run demos. Even if it just starts with my local game group. hehe

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:10 am

i just noticed at the ubercon website. no information at all on where the event is located or how to get there.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:48 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein
Hey Zach,
How soon do the rest of us get our own spiffy new title...? :P :D

Join me in Descent into Madness! <- now with actual updates!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:19 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Novastar wrote:
Hey Zach,
How soon do the rest of us get our own spiffy new title...? :P :D

As soon as we have the membership application up, and have folks start filling it out. I just emailed Kev, and you can imagine they're pretty busy with PU3 and whatnot, but it's up there, he's looking over a printout, and I should hear back from him in a day or so.

So, soon, that spiffy title shall be yours, too. :)

-Tennyson

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:41 pm

Dungeon Crawler

I found a website with instructions for making your own t-shirts. I already have most of the art supplies, and I'm sure I can find some cheap shirts to use. Only real problem I see is, I'm not so good with an exacto knife.
Maybe I'll see what it takes to make a transfer?

50 geek points

"You define what you beleive." - Ariadne, The Cruxshadows

"Does this thing have a radio?"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:32 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston
T-Shirts?! Some needs T-Shirts?!

My brother-in-law is a shirt printer and does many T-Shirts you may see in Mall Stores all the time. He's told me about Group T-Shirts and some pricing. If you are interested in a Professional Shift Printer, let me know and I'll gather some information.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:18 pm

D-Bee

Gomen_Nagai wrote:
i just noticed at the ubercon website. no information at all on where the event is located or how to get there.

I found the info on their website just fine, it's under the Participate column on the front page - a link called Hotel Information http://www.ubercon.com/nj/hotel/

If you follow this link, there is another link about transportation to the hotel - http://www.ubercon.com/nj/hotel/trans.php

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:19 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

talongl wrote:
Ok Zach, I found out when MarsCon will grace VA, it will be in January 19-21, 2007. It is held in Willamsburg at the Holiday Inn Patriot. Hopefully Palladium fans of the area can make a strong showing. The web page is www.marscon.net

Where is Williamsburg compaired to Lynchburg?

My Blog and My Other Blog

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:25 pm

Autumns Fire wrote:
I found a website with instructions for making your own t-shirts. I already have most of the art supplies, and I'm sure I can find some cheap shirts to use. Only real problem I see is, I'm not so good with an exacto knife.
Maybe I'll see what it takes to make a transfer?

I love Palladium T-Shirts!! I have 4 and want to have more. An official Ambassidor shirt would be cool.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:34 pm

On thing I would like to see is a section of the website that anounces any conventions that we ambassidors could attend and contact the administators of the events and make Palladium known. I have seen some posts here but I would like an official place for making anouncements.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Zachary The First wrote:
UPDATE:

Great news! The logo design my Juankis was given the thumbs up by Kevin and Wayne! It looks like we have ourselves a logo! One thing, Juankis, they need you to put a "TM" after "Ambassadors". PM me--I have a little surprise for you, too. :)

Other news: We should be getting our own forum soon, hopefully by the end of next week. We're also working to organize demo teams for the conventions for this summer and beyond. Aside from that, I should have another go at the guidelines turned into Kevin by the start of next week, and we're also working out the particulars of the incentive system.

Thanks to everyone who's keeping the enthusiasm and fire alive--and a special thanks to all those already running demos, taking Palladium to the FLGS denizens, and everyone who's doing their best to support a great company at a critical time. The folks at Palladium are enthused about the MAs, and I am, too. We're making big progress towards implementing several key elements of the program. In the meantime, let's not be shy about getting out there and running demos and getting folks interested in Palladium!

One other thing: Kevin's said yes to Palladium hosting duties to items like printable flyers, Pre-Gen characters, scenarios, etc, so start writing! Flyers for Game Stores are a big one, so if you have a handy design for a flyer designed to promote a Palladium Game Day or scheduled demo or whatnot, please email it to me.

This is so awesome! I am considering making plans with creating LynchCon here in Lynchburg VA just to see if the local game shop would be interested. I would love to see how the flyers and such turn out.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:34 am

D-Bee

Zenvis wrote:
talongl wrote:

Where is Williamsburg compaired to Lynchburg?

To get to Williamsburg From Lynchburg, I believe you take I-81 to 64 east follow 64 east past Richmond and get of in Williamsburg. I have attended MarsCon in the past and it is a great place for Mid-Atlantic Gamers to converge. I plan to try and get some of my fellow Palladium Gamers to have a couple of Demo's. Maybe a BTS, RoboTech and Rifts Game. I need to get in contact with the Admin of MarsCon and see what it entails. BTW Zach, any chance of some Palladium Big guns making it???

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

talongl wrote:
BTW Zach, any chance of some Palladium Big guns making it???

IMO, it isn't overly likely, but you can always e-mail the company and let them know about it--maybe its something they can add to their schedule at some point. Won't hurt to try!

-Tennyson

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:12 am

Zenvis wrote:
Zachary The First wrote:
UPDATE:

Great news! The logo design my Juankis was given the thumbs up by Kevin and Wayne! It looks like we have ourselves a logo! One thing, Juankis, they need you to put a "TM" after "Ambassadors". PM me--I have a little surprise for you, too. :)

Other news: We should be getting our own forum soon, hopefully by the end of next week. We're also working to organize demo teams for the conventions for this summer and beyond. Aside from that, I should have another go at the guidelines turned into Kevin by the start of next week, and we're also working out the particulars of the incentive system.

Thanks to everyone who's keeping the enthusiasm and fire alive--and a special thanks to all those already running demos, taking Palladium to the FLGS denizens, and everyone who's doing their best to support a great company at a critical time. The folks at Palladium are enthused about the MAs, and I am, too. We're making big progress towards implementing several key elements of the program. In the meantime, let's not be shy about getting out there and running demos and getting folks interested in Palladium!

One other thing: Kevin's said yes to Palladium hosting duties to items like printable flyers, Pre-Gen characters, scenarios, etc, so start writing! Flyers for Game Stores are a big one, so if you have a handy design for a flyer designed to promote a Palladium Game Day or scheduled demo or whatnot, please email it to me.

This is so awesome! I am considering making plans with creating LynchCon here in Lynchburg VA just to see if the local game shop would be interested. I would love to see how the flyers and such turn out.

Update on the LynchCon...
The local gaming shop is excited by the idea of a gaming demo and are looking foward to what I am going to put together. I just introduced the idea of a Demo for now but I hope to get enough gamers in the area that it turns into something to look forward to.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:12 am

I need to pull back when it comes to hype. That LynchCon idea, although cool, was a bit involving, so I am pulling on the reigns and just having a demo and starting a group in Lynchburg.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Hero

Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson
Might want to check out here as a good source of "what might be done" sort of stuff.

"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 am

Is this for Palladium or just every RPG game out there?

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "You know my name."
-Bill Tilghman of Oaklahoma
Hi all, long time Palladium player, first time Forum poster though. Since this is the 'what I'd like to see' thread of the Megaversal Ambassador Program, I'll tackle that first.

For the Convention swag table, I'd like:

1) Buttons. A whole box of them, either with the cute Glitter Boy Megaversal Ambassador Logo (the artist did that at work? He should be dipped in gold.) or a Palladium.com button. If either logo was made available, I could make my own buttons, they aren't hard to make and people love them, Con swag tables range from boring to largely unused, and it would really attract kids and the true believers.

2) 3 page Introductory Adventure to All the Palladium Games. Not a mini-book, but an actual adventure people could pick up at the Con Swag tables, and then go looking for someone who knows (Rifts/PFRPG/HU/Ninjas&SS/BTS/whatever) to run it for them. We can place 'Go Look For a Megaversal Ambassador with *this button* on it on the back of the minibook. GM's would be able to choose the adventure they are capable of running (I can't run Mystic China, Ninjas&SS and PFRG, for instance, so that kid would need a different Ambassador, lol.)

Promo Small Posters for the Swag Table- these could be images of the most desired 'pushed' Palladium projects. Simple visibility....new and old fans alike see Palladium is still going strong.

For Actual Players of the Megaversal Ambassador Games:

1) Catalogue- I got a free catalogue when I purchased the Madhaven T-shirt and 'Machinatiosn of Doom' recently, and I was really impressed. I think each new players or old player trying it out again should get one of these.

2) Keep the Characters from the Ambassador Game. Seems obvious, right? I have seen sample characters collected jealously by the GM so many times I'd tire you with the telling. Give them the characters, so they can keep imagining and figuring out how they work, and they'll get some Rifts books. I have a friend, named Kelly. He played a Rifts Game in 1990, and has only been able to play with me since...he can't find another Palladium GM in Alameda CA. He has 12 Rifts supplements collecting dust. This brings me to my next point...

3) Give them a bookmark with the Palladium Player Frapper List and Palladium Site URL. We must unite, new players and old!

3) A *sweet* poster for the Ambassador Game. I know this burns a little, but to really sieze the imagination of the players, and let them feel the support from Palladium, a poster showing all the Palladium Games out there and the relevant URLs would be very nice.

4) A free Rifter. A Rifter issue dedicated to introducing new fans of the Palladium Games would be nice, but even a generic issue handed out to each player would go a long way to pursuing their new interest.

My Part As a Megaversal Ambassador
1) I am filled with Palladium Love (this is free.)
2) I will run both Registered and Unregistered Palladium Games
3)I will not be shy about said games...I will post premade posters in the halls of the conventions to get both new players and old fans.
4) I definitely will wear a Palladium T-shirt (amusing to new fans, battle-cry to fans).

Convention Palladium Events in The San Francisco Bay Area 2008

Conclave Gaming Club at SF State: I'm running a Rifts Russia/China game here, weekly.

Dundracon San Ramon, Feb 19-21 2008
I will run registered Rifts and Nightbane games
I will run open gaming Heroes Unlimited and Rifts games (Wormwood and Psyscape settings)

I may be attending BayCon in March, Conquest in August and Gencon West in December, will rinse wash and repeat! (Sadly, I will not be attending Kublacon, but I hear there is a guy there who is just murder on unsuspecting players. :)

If I got half of what I asked for, I think we Megaversal Ambassadors could really make some waves at our local conventions.

RUttica
South San Francisco CA
www.myspace.com/griotpunk

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:11 am

Knight

ambasader t-shirts uh, what colors will they been in and what size?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:34 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The Emolancer
..At CogCon this year I used my RIFTS CS Grunt Primer to get everyone to roll up a character. For the most part we had it under an hour; What I've got is one of my Megaverse Character sheets modified to fit all pertinant info on one page, and then one page for the OCC.

..On the OCC is a skills list that only includes the skills the character can choose from, with percentiles and bonuses, as well as instructions on what to choose; the character sheet already has the OCC skills on it, so you just roll your stats (as it states on the sheet) and fill it out to go.

..I have a few Palladium Fantasy sheets like this too, Soldier, Psi-Mystic, Long Bowman, etc; they need a bit of tweeking, but if approved I'd upload them in .pdf format for MA's to use at conventions.

-Mike <8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:57 am

Sweet!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: J.V. Adams
MADMANMIKE wrote:
..At CogCon this year I used my RIFTS CS Grunt Primer to get everyone to roll up a character. For the most part we had it under an hour; What I've got is one of my Megaverse Character sheets modified to fit all pertinant info on one page, and then one page for the OCC.

..On the OCC is a skills list that only includes the skills the character can choose from, with percentiles and bonuses, as well as instructions on what to choose; the character sheet already has the OCC skills on it, so you just roll your stats (as it states on the sheet) and fill it out to go.

..I have a few Palladium Fantasy sheets like this too, Soldier, Psi-Mystic, Long Bowman, etc; they need a bit of tweeking, but if approved I'd upload them in .pdf format for MA's to use at conventions.

-Mike <8]

It's really very well done. A couple of tweaks here and there, which we identified and it's a thing of beauty.

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:32 am

D-Bee

So how do we sign up? I've got a friend who owns a local gaming store, I'm sure I could convince him to give me space a couple times a month to run some Demo games.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 am

D-Bee

i dont mind being a megaversal ambassador theres a few gaming stores still open here in the area that i live in. how do i join? also theres a few conventions here in the pugetsound area that go on each year, with help can demo the difrent palladium books games.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Champion

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
Send Zachary an email-
Start at the MA FAQ-
To save time, here is the email.
mail.rpgblog@gmail.com

Image Image

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: I have faith! My character sheet says so!!!
Novastar wrote:
An idea I've been kicking around is a MA T-shirt...

Have a light grey shirt (hey, I sweat. So no white shirts plz... :lol: ), with "Legions of the Megaverse" on the front; on the back, have "Megaversal", then my personal Print pic, and then "Ambassador" underneath the pic.

I still need to ask Kevin for permission to use his pic on the shirt though... :oops:

Bump because this is a cool idea!

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Success is reflective of passion.
I'd like to see a section for art requests like photoshop on the forums. That way I could have a poster made promoting an upcoming demo I am running or something. Now I don't have the skills or $ to pay anyone to make a professional looking poster.

Obviously if someone answered the request we could then turn around and print it ourselves and do what we want with it for our demo.

That and/or readily usable material to use on the website like flyers that we can print out ourselves.

GMing Currently: D&D5e
Playing Currently: D&D5e
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/juce734 (please check out)

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:53 am

Champion

Juce734 wrote:
I'd like to see a section for art requests like photoshop on the forums. That way I could have a poster made promoting an upcoming demo I am running or something. Now I don't have the skills or $ to pay anyone to make a professional looking poster.

Obviously if someone answered the request we could then turn around and print it ourselves and do what we want with it for our demo.

That and/or readily usable material to use on the website like flyers that we can print out ourselves.

There are sign-up sheets and posters in the gm kits for Fantasy & Rifts.

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Success is reflective of passion.
zyanitevp wrote:
Juce734 wrote:

There are sign-up sheets and posters in the gm kits for Fantasy & Rifts.

I primarily run HU. I only have the GM Guide and RUE of Rifts. I don't run Rifts or Fantasy.

GMing Currently: D&D5e
Playing Currently: D&D5e
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/juce734 (please check out)

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

hello all, i am new to this game and unfortunatly this game is not yet availeble in Eupope. Do any of you have any tips for me, this is much appriciated.

the Dutch Ambasador from the Netherlands, Zuid-Holland.

peter

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Wolf Leader wrote:
hello all, i am new to this game and unfortunatly this game is not yet availeble in Eupope. Do any of you have any tips for me, this is much appriciated.

peter

IM Hendrik and The Dark Elf. They are both Europeans like yourself. They would probably be the best to help you with availability.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Mr. Jays wrote:
Wolf Leader wrote:

peter

IM Hendrik and The Dark Elf. They are both Europeans like yourself. They would probably be the best to help you with availability.

thanks.. will add them so i can ask them questions i have after i get the game and when i am ready searching the web.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Living campaigns are a shared campaign setting with a codified set of rules for the campaign. Campaign staff create, distribute, and manage new adventures in that campaign setting, and quite often administer a player database and promote various products. The rules for character tracking allow a player to take their PC they created for the campaign to any of these gatherings and play it in the adventures offered. It is still common for adventures to be offered at conventions with premade characters that fit to the story, but Living campaigns allow for additional options.

Many living campaigns serve a dual role of providing a creative outlet for highly involved volunteer contributors while also serving as a marketing tool for the publisher of the game system that is the focus of the living campaign.

So im in the beginning stages of doing this. If you want to help im all ears and have open arms.

Thanks in advance.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Champion

Asgar wrote:
Living campaigns are a shared campaign setting with a codified set of rules for the campaign. Campaign staff create, distribute, and manage new adventures in that campaign setting, and quite often administer a player database and promote various products. The rules for character tracking allow a player to take their PC they created for the campaign to any of these gatherings and play it in the adventures offered. It is still common for adventures to be offered at conventions with premade characters that fit to the story, but Living campaigns allow for additional options.

Many living campaigns serve a dual role of providing a creative outlet for highly involved volunteer contributors while also serving as a marketing tool for the publisher of the game system that is the focus of the living campaign.

So im in the beginning stages of doing this. If you want to help im all ears and have open arms.

Thanks in advance.

Hit me with a pm with your email. Tried to get this off the ground a while back, but the group splintered.

Image Image