Anyone else feeling the withdrawl symptoms?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Anyone else feeling the withdrawl symptoms?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Its been over a week. I miss you guys (& gals)... :hug:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Anyone else feeling the withdrawl symptoms?

Unread post by Glistam »

Last Monday was the hardest for me. It doesn't get better with time, but it gets easier.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Glistam wrote:Last Monday was the hardest for me. It doesn't get better with time, but it gets easier.

lol
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:Its been over a week. I miss you guys (& gals)... :hug:

Likewise. The POH is the only reality for a few precious days, a true elyssium of (Palladium) roleplayers'. I miss y'all.

*cough* there must be a NEXT one *cough*
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Yes! Man I had such a good time. I am still on a high!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I am suffering the withdrawal pains as well, though these forums do help ease the pain somewhat. We definitely have to convince Kevin and crew to do this again!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I did a post a day before the last one - shall we start? Just kidding. That'd be annoying.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Withdrawal? Ha! Hardly... What kind of people do you take us for? Were hardly the kind to go to pieces just because we aren't playing some roleplaying games or pushing miniatures around on a table.

I mean just because a guy sob's himself to sleep everynight after the OH doesn't mean anything... I mean its natural...

*Sniffs*

Its not like Kevin said this is going to be THE LAST ONE EVER! *Sniffs*

I'm sure I'll get to see you all again... when where all united at that great game table in the sky *sobs*

*sniffs* *sniffs* Excuse me... I have something in my eye... damn allergies.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I think the worst part is realizing all the people that I didn't realize who they were when I was there.....or realizing that I forgot to get peoples contact information.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

eliakon wrote:I think the worst part is realizing all the people that I didn't realize who they were when I was there.....or realizing that I forgot to get peoples contact information.

I was definitely me - all weekend!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

godsgopher wrote:Withdrawal? Ha! Hardly... What kind of people do you take us for? Were hardly the kind to go to pieces just because we aren't playing some roleplaying games or pushing miniatures around on a table.

I mean just because a guy sob's himself to sleep everynight after the OH doesn't mean anything... I mean its natural...

*Sniffs*

Crikey! And here I thought it was just me. I had not known there would be a withdraw period before I attended OH. A time where I'm sitting, staring at the calendar, trying to decide where I can squeeze a game in... I just need one more...
Last edited by Jerell on Fri May 29, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:
eliakon wrote:I think the worst part is realizing all the people that I didn't realize who they were when I was there.....or realizing that I forgot to get peoples contact information.

I was definitely me - all weekend!

More's the pity.

I am also missing the Open House. If I keep posting on the Open House forum, it feels a little bit like it's still happening!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

I think the only real cure here is to keep on Kevin about 2018 (or whenever) Hey Kevin! had a great time, lots of fun don't you agree? When are we doing it again?

Honestly it was great getting to meet everyone. I was very impressed by the kinds of people who were showing up. I guess I have fallen victim to thinking of gamers in a certain stereotype. Meeting so many professionals who also enjoy being nerds was a wonderful and encouraging experience.

Were just going to have to do this again. Until then.
mikemmer
D-Bee

Unread post by mikemmer »

Withdrawal definitely. It had been three years between games for me, last OH and this one. Unfortunately between going overseas for work, a family with three very active boys, and life in general I had not been able to play at all. And now I am going to be starting a masters degree program in August so there goes my free time. Luckily it is for work so the next year my job is to go to class but still not a lot of time. But I have been getting my Palladium fix by finally building my Robotech RPG guys. And I need to find some local players down here on the Redneck Riviera here in coastal Mississippi. If I can do that I figure I will get through to the next Open House in 2018 (Yes I am being hopeful since the 2012 Open House was going to be the last one as well). But it was great meeting new people and seeing those who I had not seen since 2012.

Now it is time to put my 2 year old down so I can get in some quality miniature building time.

I look forward to seeing y'all in 2018!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Working on Kevin to do it again in 2018.... Really loved finally meeting so many of you, even if I never had enough time to sit and chat...
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still feeling it - STILL! :?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:Still feeling it - STILL! :?

Same here! Happy days!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Hendrik wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Still feeling it - STILL! :?

Same here! Happy days!

“Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.”
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

I spoke with KS briefly at GenCon regarding another Open House.

My pitch, "What if someone put it on for them? All they had to do was provide the venue and all the other details would be taken care of by someone else. That what he and his staff could just play rockstar and not have to deal with any of the extra details?"

He seemed to like that idea a lot. What do people think? Could some of the fans volunteer time and set the whole thing up (possibly remotely) so that it wasn't such a hit for KS and staff?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I Couldnt
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Available and happy to help, again.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Open House”