Post your Top Three (or more) Moments of the '15 POH

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Post your Top Three (or more) Moments of the '15 POH

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Hi all,

I love telling stories and hearing the stories of others, so I thought it would be nice to have a central gathering spot for the best moments each of us had at the 2015 Open House. Feel free to make your posts as long or short as you'd like. And since everyone loves "top-whatever" lists, I thought it would make a great way to format the posts!

So, my Top Three Moments were...

1. Sitting down with Kevin and a bunch of freelancers to play my Rifts board game. That was truly a pinnacle moment for me after working on it for over 15 years. Having Kevin say during the closing Q&A that he wants Palladium to produce it was truly icing on the cake!

2. Seeing Mike Mumah walking around smiling with the aid of the coolest cane in the history of the world! He is one of my all time favorite artists, and I was overjoyed to see him there (even if he didn't accept any of my invitations to play in one of my games!).

3. Having Julius hand me a name tag with my name and the word freelancer both printed on it! 'Nuff said. :D

So come on people, let's hear your stories!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jerell
Hero

Re: Post your Top Three (or more) Moments of the '15 POH

Unread post by Jerell »

1. Talking with most of the Palladium artists, and checking out their art. Chatting it up with Chuck and getting my commissioned drawing. He has so many good ideas, is very passionate about his favorite gaming settings (like Splicers), and is so talented drawing.

2. Playing in Kevin's PF game with all those 'characters' seated around the table. Very refreshing since I had never gamed or even met most of those people. Most of all however, was watching Hotrod run both a gruff Dwarf warrior and 'hot Elf chic warrior-priest' in that game. It was amazingly entertaining. Especially when he sat in Kevin's lap while seducing one of his NPCs (someone got a picture, I'm sure). I laughed so long at that. It still makes me laugh thinking of that. He really does get into character.

3. Talking with Jolly and Barbara Blackburn about all kinds of things, mostly related to gaming, including KODT and Hackmaster. Such nice people.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Involved Observer wrote:2. Seeing Mike Mumah walking around smiling with the aid of the coolest cane in the history of the world! He is one of my all time favorite artists, and I was overjoyed to see him there (even if he didn't accept any of my invitations to play in one of my games!).

To be fair, I didn't have time to join in anybody's game until I got back to the hotel each night. I do want to play the board game though, looked like fun. Congrats on getting that produced and welcome as a freelancer.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

mumah wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:2. Seeing Mike Mumah walking around smiling with the aid of the coolest cane in the history of the world! He is one of my all time favorite artists, and I was overjoyed to see him there (even if he didn't accept any of my invitations to play in one of my games!).

To be fair, I didn't have time to join in anybody's game until I got back to the hotel each night. I do want to play the board game though, looked like fun. Congrats on getting that produced and welcome as a freelancer.

No problem, I wasn't really expecting you to join in (though that would have been spectacular) - I just wanted to make sure you knew you were welcome to. And to give you a hard time about it afterwards... :P
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Involved Observer wrote:
mumah wrote:

No problem, I wasn't really expecting you to join in (though that would have been spectacular) - I just wanted to make sure you knew you were welcome to. And to give you a hard time about it afterwards... :P

I was tempted, for sure.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

1. Playing an LPO with stealth power armor for Northern Gun storming a ship bridge... someone started opening the door from the inside. I pulled the door open rapidly, sending the person slamming into the rail behind me as he was pulled out of the room. Leaping over him and decapitating the pirate behind him with my vibroscythe. Two natural 20s in a row. The pirate in the rail was helped over by my comrade in arms. We were death incarnate.

2. the after party at the hotel.

3. Running the RRT tournament with the best bunch of gamers this side of Pluto.

Got to put this in...

4. Running into Erica who I haven't seen for years that used to play in all of my events at Gencon back in the day (back when Gencon was in Milwaukee). I ran Silent Death events for Iron Crown Enterprises. She had to get into my RRT event on Sunday. It was awesome. Good to see old friends.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

1. Running my three BTS games at the open house
2. Playing in Hendrik's heroes game
3. Meeting a bunch of new friends and general BSing about everything
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

1- Putting it all together
2- Seeing it actually happen
3- Being with the best gamer group ever!! You all are awesome!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Open House”