Home Safe check-ins!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Home Safe check-ins!

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I made it home and in bed by 4AM today. 3 hours of sleep and up to take the kids to school.. I'd say it's then back to bed.

Everybody post a note that you made it home safe!
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Re: Home Safe check-ins!

Unread post by Reelman »

We rolled in safe, sound and tired around 11 PM.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Glad you made it. I should point out that my 4AM is 5AM in Michigan, so I'm going back to bed.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Won't make it home until Thursday night/Friday morning, but I did make it to my next destination safely.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Phaze
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Wow... I made it home.

I feel like I got hit by a truck... but its ok... It was a beer truck driven by a supermodel.

I hadn't partied like that since college. The people I met and played with will be friends forever. I met people for the first time and played with people I haven't seen in years that I played with 20 years ago.

This was an EPIC weekend, filled with great gamers. I am truly saddened that I hadn't gone to one of these before.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
DocTom
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by DocTom »

Safely back in Livonia, NY, and in the office doing work.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Made it home, didn't bother to take my bags out of the car, went straight to bed
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Megan
D-Bee
Comment: Deevils are edible

Unread post by Megan »

All four of us made it back safely. I never thought I'd be so glad to see cornfields closing in on all sides.
I'd be principled if I could still lie, cheat, steal, and maim people who got in my way.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Up at 3 A.M. after one and a half hours of sleep to catch the first of two flights, then had to stop off at the hospital for a 4-hour long chemo-treatment for my son, then drive-through Panda Express for dinner before finally making it home. Collapsed after dinner for an hour-long nap, but trying to stay awake now so as not to completely disrupt my sleep cycle. Totally worth it to have such a blast at the Open House!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Made it home at 4 am this morning. Will post a bunch tomorrow
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Just got home. Bed soon.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Me and Dark Elf made it back home a couple of hours ago. Looking forward to the jet lag kicking in later! Totally worth it!

Had an absolutely fantastic time and really hated to go home. Thanks to all of those who played in my games - I was lucky enough to have some great players in both of them. Made it a real pleasure. But then everyone I played alongside in other GM's games were great as well. It was non-stop awesome gaming all weekend, the only down side of which was the time left to chat and catch up. But I still got to talk to most of the familiar faces and meet some new ones. It really was a joy from start to finish. And thanks to Kevin, Victor, all the staff, volunteers, writers, artists, GMs and everyone else who helped to make it such a great weekend.

Can't wait until the next one :D
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Left around 4am, got home around 6pm. Slept in and now giving blood before heading inside to work. Yay free snacks.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Soldier of Od wrote:Me and Dark Elf made it back home a couple of hours ago. Looking forward to the jet lag kicking in later! Totally worth it!

Had an absolutely fantastic time and really hated to go home. Thanks to all of those who played in my games - I was lucky enough to have some great players in both of them. Made it a real pleasure. But then everyone I played alongside in other GM's games were great as well. It was non-stop awesome gaming all weekend, the only down side of which was the time left to chat and catch up. But I still got to talk to most of the familiar faces and meet some new ones. It really was a joy from start to finish. And thanks to Kevin, Victor, all the staff, volunteers, writers, artists, GMs and everyone else who helped to make it such a great weekend.

This. Soooooo tired. But so wanna go back! :ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
zyanitevp
Champion

Soldier of Od wrote:Me and Dark Elf made it back home a couple of hours ago. Looking forward to the jet lag kicking in later! Totally worth it!

Thanks for the mention. It was a lot of fun herding cats!
In all seriousness, the Palladium fans are the best!
My Twitter
Image Image
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

zyanitevp wrote:

I totally agree with Soldier of Od. AWESOME times!

I arrived at home safe and sound yesterday at 10 a.m. MET. T-O-T-A-L-L-Y jetlagged. Well, well worth it, though :-)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Megan wrote:All four of us made it back safely. I never thought I'd be so glad to see cornfields closing in on all sides.

Beware of those cornfields, Megan - they may be closing in for the kill... :wink:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Soldier of Od
Hero

Hendrik wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

I totally agree with Soldier of Od. AWESOME times!

I arrived at home safe and sound yesterday at 10 a.m. MET. T-O-T-A-L-L-Y jetlagged. Well, well worth it, though :-)

You put enough work in Victor, you deserve a mention!

Missing you all already! Maybe I can get on the next flight back to Detroit!
Rifter Contributor:
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Victor needs a megaversial medal of honour.

Missing y'all, too. Let's meet there tomorrow - it WOULD kill my jetlag as well. I wish.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Reelman
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Hendrik wrote:

Victor needs a megaversial medal of honour.

Missing y'all, too. Let's meet there tomorrow - it WOULD kill my jetlag as well. I wish.

Yes, lets meet there tomorrow, I have Origins events to play test!
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

After a nearly 7 hour delay at ORD, I finally made it home to the west coast. Where I got to drive 2 hours to my house!

See you all in a few years! Oh yes, we will have another... Oh yes! :)
Jeremy_Black
D-Bee
Comment: "My gym is dark magic, and my protein shake is rage."

Unread post by Jeremy_Black »

Made it home safe last night. It was a long drive, but broken up over two days, had a good time on my stop at Niagara Falls, and nearly perfect weather the whole way home, so I can't complain. :)

It was great meeting everyone! Thanks for a wonderful experience! Special thanks to Palladium and staff for opening their doors to us all, and to Victor, NMI, Pat, and all other MAs/GMs that donated their time, and to all the Artists, Writers, and Guests for chatting and showing us their amazing work!

-Aaron
I asked my wife to guess the name of my friend's old BSN character, which was a Pearl Jam reference.
"Oh, something like Jeremy Black?" she says without hesitation.
"Nope... but I like that character name better!"
-A
zyanitevp
Champion

Jeremy_Black wrote:Made it home safe last night. It was a long drive, but broken up over two days, had a good time on my stop at Niagara Falls, and nearly perfect weather the whole way home, so I can't complain. :)

It was great meeting everyone! Thanks for a wonderful experience! Special thanks to Palladium and staff for opening their doors to us all, and to Victor, NMI, Pat, and all other MAs/GMs that donated their time, and to all the Artists, Writers, and Guests for chatting and showing us their amazing work!

-Aaron

You are welcome.
My Twitter
Image Image
Megan
D-Bee
Comment: Deevils are edible

Unread post by Megan »

Soldier of Od wrote:
Megan wrote:All four of us made it back safely. I never thought I'd be so glad to see cornfields closing in on all sides.

Beware of those cornfields, Megan - they may be closing in for the kill... :wink:

I'm not convinced they aren't... :?
I'd be principled if I could still lie, cheat, steal, and maim people who got in my way.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Well I ended leaving Monday evening, and was so tired I passed out at the airport and missed my flight. Had to take a leg to Chicago O'Hare and then a late standby flight to Dallas. Ended up crashing at my step-fathers place and made my way home Tuesday.

Of course I am now suffering from what a buddy of mine terms Convention-Crud. I guess when you hang out with people from all over the Megaverse they bring their local germs with them. My heads feels like its in a vice, I have no energy, and all I do is move around in a listless funk.

Was the Open House worth the exhaustion? Being Sick? And spending too much money?

Of COURSE IT WAS!!!!

This was my first time attending anything like this and all I can say is Wow... What amazing people! Palladium's staff was excellent. The conversations I got to have with Al and Charles Walton were worth the trip alone. But as amazing as the staff was the players were even better! Between the gaming and talking about miniatures I really feel that I made some friends I'll be in touch with for years to come. Discovering how rich gaming culture is has been a great reassurance. Its easy when you have so few local gaming resources to start thinking "I'm the only one" and that just isn't true.

Thank you everyone. A cold I can get over, but I don't think Ill ever get over the rich experiences I had. Kevin is saying this is the last OH, I say Ill see you all in 2018.

-Chase
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Still in Okemos, MI. Leaving tomorrow and arriving on Saturday...I'll post on Sunday I think...I would like to move the clock backwards though...
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Finally made it home!

godsgopher
Wanderer

Glad to hear everyone is getting back safe. Glistam I think you have had the longest route home so far.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Not as long as it seems - I had to stop on the way home for a three-day training seminar in Ohio.

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I'm Home!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Good. I hope you're able to get some rest.
godsgopher
Wanderer

Glad to know you made it back ffranceschi. It was great getting to meet you.

Return to “Palladium Open House”