The OH 2015

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

The OH 2015

Unread post by mumah »

(copied and pasted from a Facebook post)

I had such a wonderful weekend at the Palladium Open House, which was a mini-convention for fans of Palladium Books, one of the companies I work for. I'm very close friends with several other freelance artists and writers, but we're spread so far across the country we don't get to see one another. But when we get a weekend like this, we're thick as thieves. After hours since Thursdays was spent laughing over Mad Max, one live Tigers game, bourbon, and games games and even more laughing with Brandon K. Aten, Amy Ashbaugh, Josh Sinsapaugh, and Juan A Baez.
But during they day, wow...all I can say is wow. Every time we have the Open House, I'm blown away by the enthusiasm and care and the kind-hearted nature of each of these great, weird people. My people. And this year was special for me, as it was my first time really out and on public display since the Incident™. And and each of my fans came up and expressed their love, told me how worried for they had been for me, and hoy GREAT it was to see me me not only out, but that my newly diminished physicality has done nothing to squash my spirit, humor, or energy. My ride to and from the OH flew in from Germany. Two of the gentlemen who also took in the baseball game were from Great Britain. I met a man from Uruguay and another from Asia. One fan even made me something so special, and so specifically useful to me as a hemipalegic that I about gave him all original pieces of art as my way saying thanks; instead opted to give him the limited edition print I was offering...and the guy tried to tell me no! That's the kind of fans Palladium Books Inc. has, and they are wonderful.
I came away from the weekend tired and exhausted with the kind of sunburn you'd expect to find on an extra for Close Encounters, with more cabbage in my coffers than I started the weekend with, some terrific memories, and hugely spiritually boosted.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten

Return to “Palladium Open House”