What is being planned for Gaming at the Hotel???

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

What is being planned for Gaming at the Hotel???

Unread post by Spinachcat »

What's awesome about the POH is that you get a full day of gaming at Palladium, but the hotel gaming events are also awesome.

What are you guys planning??

Anyone planning early events? Pre-POH events?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: What is being planned for Gaming at the Hotel???

Unread post by Glistam »

I don't have a VIP pass but I plan to arrive Thursday evening. I don't have anything planned but I intend to be around.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I believe it will be just pick up games.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I have been debating leaving a copy of the Rifts board game at the hotel for people to play. I'd love for people to get as much chance as they can to get an opportunity to play it, but I have two reservations about leaving it at the hotel.

First off I will not be staying at the hotel (my brother lives 10 minutes from the PB offices, so we'll be crashing there to cut down on the expenses) so I will not be able to keep an eye on the game. Each copy of the game cost about $25-$30 in materials to make, and I'd hate to see it "walk off" or worse yet get thrown away by hotel staff before I can come pick it up.

Second, would people even be interested? Its a fun little game, playable by 2-6 people (up to 7 people using the alternate rules), with the typical game lasting from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of players and their familiarity with the game. I know people would have fun with it, but that most of the people gaming at the hotel are wanting to play adventures for PB's actual role playing games. I don't want to leave it there taking up table space if no one is going to play it.

I don't know, what do you all think?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

If anyone is planning a "pick up game", I highly suggest advertising it - even posting some flyers around the hotel - because I was stunned how many people there were looking for games to play, but had no idea there was gaming at the hotel.

I would not suggest leaving a copy at the hotel, but you may want to post about doing a demo at the hotel at a certain evening after the POH and see what interest it generates.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I will be bringing some board games to play at the hotel to play. There will be other freelancers playing as well.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I will be bringing some board games to play at the hotel to play. There will be other freelancers playing as well.

Im bringing "The resistance" as it requires a min of 5 people so I rarely get to play it! (as if we have 5 people we'd role play!)...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I will be bringing some board games to play at the hotel to play. There will be other freelancers playing as well.

Im bringing "The resistance" as it requires a min of 5 people so I rarely get to play it! (as if we have 5 people we'd role play!)...

I'll have Smashup, Machi-Koro, Blood Bowl: Team manager, Race for the Galaxy and king of Tokyo in addition to a few others that can be played with fewer people.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

I'll have Smashup, Machi-Koro, Blood Bowl: Team manager, Race for the Galaxy and king of Tokyo in addition to a few others that can be played with fewer people.

Ive got two expansions for King of Tokyo if u like I'll bring em.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid

The Dark Elf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Ive got two expansions for King of Tokyo if u like I'll bring em.

I have power-up. I think we'll be good, but thanks for the offer!!!

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Spinachcat wrote:I would not suggest leaving a copy at the hotel, but you may want to post about doing a demo at the hotel at a certain evening after the POH and see what interest it generates.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will do that.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.

Return to “Palladium Open House”