How goes the event prep?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

How goes the event prep?

Unread post by Reelman »

Seeing that we are little more than 2 weeks from the Open House, wanted to know how my fellow GMs event prep is going.

All 5 of my events are written (well one needs some polish). I have characters ready for 3 of 5, they just need to be printed. My minis game is prepped and play tested, I just need to pack my minis. For being only a couple weeks out, I am ahead of the game for once. I am sure I will loose focus and be hustling something at the last minute.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Re: How goes the event prep?

Unread post by Hendrik »

As per usual: gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:-D

Seriously, everything (BtS 100%, HU 85%) done but the pregens for my HU game.

The POH is like Christmas and Easter on one day, very much looking forward to see you again, James.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Really badly to the point that I might not be able to GM my BTS game!!

Ive virtually finished all of the PFRPG one but I work what has been 05:00-22:30 everyday right up until I leave Ive zero time for the BTS one....

But I did title it "Where there's a will, there's a way" so....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Hendrik, looking forward to seeing you to my friend.

Dark Elf, I have no doubt you can whip up a great event on your flight over the pond!

I polished up my BTS character backgrounds and did a sort of my minis in preparation for packing. Miles to go, less than 2 weeks now.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Reelman wrote:Dark Elf, I have no doubt you can whip up a great event on your flight over the pond!

Someone else said that! - If I can get the BTS characters done I think just some readable notes on the plot will suffice for me to GM it. But Im not practised in BTS (PFRPG only takes me 20 mins for a PC).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

MUST GET TJ CHARACTERS DONE...AND ARMD SPACE PLATFORM...AND ASSEMBLE MORE RRT MINIS...
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I managed to knock out five pregens today before coming to work! only 19 left to go..

I have put together a .pdf of modular dungeon tiles I intend to print along with a 24x36 inch dungeon floor with a one-inch grid, so I can layout a dungeon crawl as the players get to it. Will be fun to try out the minis for these pregens on it..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Character sheets printed for 2 of 5, cruising the forums instead of working on #3.
Phaze
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

80 % done for terrain.

80 % done for Tournament prep.

150% excited!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I'm a seasoned procrastinator so my prep right now is way behind, but I'm confident that I'll be ready by Thursday.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Character sheets complete and printed. 4 of 5 sets of character backgrounds done. Repacking of miniatures is ongoing and prepacking has begun. For once I am ahead of the game and may get some sleep the night before we leave.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

My players have tested out the fantasy adventure (only it took them 3 game days-they are so easily distracted
:mrgreen: ) and we will test out the heroes one tomorrow. Maps done, pre-gen characters done, I am ready to go.
Now just have to shake off the nervousness :frazz:.
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Need a final edit of the last set of backgrounds and I am DONE! Let the perfectionism kick in. Just have to finish packing and all the last minute running around.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Ugh.. 45 minutes until I've worked 39 hours this week.. Plus the 40 hours I did last week without a day off between.. Home, bed, up to do laundry, bed. Up to spend some time with the family, bed. Up at 2AM Wednesday, and off to Michigan!
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

OK. I finished the biggest (literally) part of my event prep at 3 AM. Apparently I'm trying to get my body ready for late nights and little sleep. Today during my lunch break, I'll be working on my characters for my VIP game and finishing them tonight. Tomorrow, during the work day is assemby of the remaining valkyries I need to do, prep of pluck foam and packing of reqisite nerdiness.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Last set of character backgrounds, finished and in the folder. Best player trophies labeled and packed. Its hard to believe I am saying this but my event prep is done and the OH is still 2 days away. Now my prep for Origins is another story.....that is 3 weeks away I don't need sleep!

Return to “Palladium Open House”