Got my tickets... do you have yours?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Got my tickets... do you have yours?

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I purchased full-weekend passes for my wife, me and my son, and tickets to VIP Thursday for my wife and I (sorry kiddo, but that's mom and dad's date night).

So now for the roll call - who else has bought their tickets to the 2015 POH?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Re: Got my tickets... do you have yours?

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Involved Observer wrote:I purchased full-weekend passes for my wife, me and my son, and tickets to VIP Thursday for my wife and I (sorry kiddo, but that's mom and dad's date night).

So now for the roll call - who else has bought their tickets to the 2015 POH?

Done and done.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I got both :-D
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Not yet *sob* I will have to wait until February. Hope I can still get a ticket for VIP night then and that if I can go (crossing fingers) all my friends will be there, too.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I didnt want to advertise this on the "how r u post" but I lost my job (AGAIN!) 2014 is sucking billy big time!

So financial I will be there but Im unsure how yet! lol. Will need to book closer to the time but I wouldnt fly out not to do the VIP and whole weekend at the official hotel!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

will be getting them soon just hope there are still tickets for vip night when i get money for them
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:I didnt want to advertise this on the "how r u post" but I lost my job (AGAIN!) 2014 is sucking billy big time!

So financial I will be there but Im unsure how yet! lol. Will need to book closer to the time but I wouldnt fly out not to do the VIP and whole weekend at the official hotel!

Crap! Sorry Dark Elf! Hang in there!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Bought mine last night (V.I.P. and 3-Day), for both me and the wife (also a big gamer). Couldn't afford them so put them on the credit card and I'll figure out how to pay for everything later. Farewell and safe journeys to all. See you in 2015.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Got my 4 days at the hotel booked. Just have to purchase V.I.P. and the 3 days tickets, but first I have to make it back from
GenCon on one day. Hopefully the wife and kid won't go all out on Saturday so I have to wait to buy tickets on my next pay
check. Budgeting its no fun when their more then one person involved, ah to be young again and so irresponsible with money ;)
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reagren Wright wrote:Got my 4 days at the hotel booked. Just have to purchase V.I.P. and the 3 days tickets, but first I have to make it back from
GenCon on one day. Hopefully the wife and kid won't go all out on Saturday so I have to wait to buy tickets on my next pay
check. Budgeting its no fun when their more then one person involved, ah to be young again and so irresponsible with money ;)

Would you kindly point me at the Hotel information?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

FatherMorpheus wrote:Would you kindly point me at the Hotel information?

Greetings and Salutations. Considering you mean the POH hotel and not the GenCon hotel that Reagren Wright is using, then perhaps I can be of service. The information is found in any of the recent Weekly Updates (since the Open House was made official). For convenience, I'll also copy it here.

2015 Open House Hotel – reserve your rooms NOW!

You should reserve your hotel room now. Your card will not be charged until next May.

Comfort Inn

40455 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 734-455-8100

Group Code: Palladium Books – you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.

Dates of the 2015 Palladium Open House (POH): May 15-17 (May 14 is VIP Thursday), 2015.

$109.00 (plus tax) per night at the Comfort Inn, a.k.a. “Plymouth Clock Tower Hotel.” That’s $109 (plus tax) for a room with two queen beds or one king with a sofa that has a pull-out sleeper. ALL rooms have a micro-fridge, FREE high-speed wired/wireless Internet and there is a FREE hot breakfast from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. near the lobby.

Reserve using Group Code Palladium Books sooner than later. The hotel has been remodeled, resulting in a smaller number of rooms. If you know you are coming to the 2015 Palladium Open House, we recommend you reserve your room as soon as possible to get this superior rate. Important Note: You MUST give them the Group Code: Palladium Books to get this rate. Call 734-455-8100 to make your reservation. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card until a few days before the event (next year!) and you can cancel up until May 10, 2015. So there is no reason to wait. Get your room(s) reserved right away. Besides, I suspect POH attendees could take EVERY room in the hotel next year, so the sooner they know that, the sooner they can put MORE rooms aside for us. They don’t believe we’ll sell out the hotel. Silly, new management. :)

The hotel also offers a heated indoor swimming pool, a fitness center (24 hours), and a coin operated laundry. And the large conference room is ours to use, around the clock, for open gaming.

This is the hotel everyone knows and wants. You can start placing hotel reservations for the 2015 Palladium Open House now. Make sure you tell them the Group Code “Palladium Books.” This is a must to get the superior group rate.

Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Prysus wrote:
FatherMorpheus wrote:Would you kindly point me at the Hotel information?

Greetings and Salutations. Considering you mean the POH hotel and not the GenCon hotel that Reagren Wright is using, then perhaps I can be of service. The information is found in any of the recent Weekly Updates (since the Open House was made official). For convenience, I'll also copy it here.

Thank you for feeding my laziness. :)
Booking... And done.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

VIP Night & 3 day ticket all purchased
Also booked the hotel. Ninja is correct the price did go up, but the renovations look great (check out the pics on the website), the breakfast was always good, the hotel reviews have all gone up since the renovation, and to me it is just worth it to be in the hotel where we can use the meeting rooms to finish our games before bed.

Last POH, I was in a PF game that went well past 2:00, so totally worth it.

The Dark Elf wrote:I didnt want to advertise this on the "how r u post" but I lost my job (AGAIN!) 2014 is sucking billy big time!

Sorry to hear that. That was me at the 2012 POH, it was May and I knew that come June 2nd, trip was still worth it though.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Ninjabunny wrote:Use one of the hotel website deal finders they upped the cost of rooms and the "deal" for the open house isn't not worth it! The hotel isn't bad and they did renovate but I am not paying that much for a room.

I haven't seen a better deal online, even with the AAA discount. It's an insane price for the area though. I pay that at LA and Bay Area Cons, but here's the deal - its worth the price to hang with all you crazy kids and game deep into the night.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Spinachcat wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:Use one of the hotel website deal finders they upped the cost of rooms and the "deal" for the open house isn't not worth it! The hotel isn't bad and they did renovate but I am not paying that much for a room.

I haven't seen a better deal online, even with the AAA discount. It's an insane price for the area though. I pay that at LA and Bay Area Cons, but here's the deal - its worth the price to hang with all you crazy kids and game deep into the night.

I found a few better deals, but the places were total crap and I would never stay there

Spinachcat wrote:but here's the deal - its worth the price to hang with all you crazy kids and game deep into the night.

Agreed
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ninjabunny wrote:I did find a room at the hotel about ten dollars cheaper using Travelocity. The price for the room is the only bad thing I have to say about the hotel. Me and the wife may stay there before the open house just to get away for a couples weekend.

If you think hotel rooms are expensive, wait till you check out airplane tickets. I think everyone in the travel industry looks at Detroit as a 2nd or 3rd world country in a war zone. And they charge accordingly.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Detroit IS a third world country according to every customs office Ive spoken to when they ask where Im heading and I say Detroit. Then they ask business or pleasure and I reply pleasure. Then they ask if they can have my belongings if I get shot... :badbad:

(on a serious note they do warn me to not go out and stick to main streets etc. A serious warning!) Ive always found it to be pleasant enough...

And plane tickets across the ocean are the expensive thing!!

But if Travis, Glen and Vic are going I'll be (land of the) damned if Im missing that party! :bandit: Where's Travis' credit card...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Dark Elf wrote:And plane tickets across the ocean are the expensive thing!!...

I don't know, I think I can fly to the UK cheaper than Detroit right now!
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

Unfortunately for me, my contract ended recently and I'm out of work.
Everything I saved this last year was to make it to Gen Con.
So I have to wait until Gen Con is over, and see where I stand money wise.
Hopefully I get a new contract here soon and wont have to worry about it.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Dark Elf wrote:Detroit IS a third world country according to every customs office Ive spoken to when they ask where Im heading and I say Detroit. Then they ask business or pleasure and I reply pleasure. Then they ask if they can have my belongings if I get shot... :badbad:

(on a serious note they do warn me to not go out and stick to main streets etc. A serious warning!) Ive always found it to be pleasant enough...

But if Travis, Glen and Vic are going I'll be (land of the) damned if Im missing that party! :bandit: Where's Travis' credit card...

I am coming from a real Third World country and I have been in Detroit before...I can assure you that Detroit is Disney compared to Buenos Aires, Argentina or San Pablo, Brasil...but as in every city in the world nowadays you have to be careful. Besides, we won't have time to get out, will we?

On another topic, I will be renting a car and I am going alone so if you are short of money, I will offer myself to take you from the hotel into the POH and back...actually my idea is to try to take as many people as I can within safety margins :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I have to wait a couple of pay checks before I can grab my tickets...

Anyone willing to share a room (and costs of same) at the hotel?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by JimmyB »

If I am able to go I would have no problem sharing a room. Will have one to myself otherwise.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

ffranceschi wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Detroit IS a third world country according to every customs office Ive spoken to when they ask where Im heading and I say Detroit. Then they ask business or pleasure and I reply pleasure. Then they ask if they can have my belongings if I get shot... :badbad:

I am coming from a real Third World country and I have been in Detroit before...I can assure you that Detroit is Disney compared to Buenos Aires, Argentina or San Pablo, Brasil...but as in every city in the world nowadays you have to be careful. Besides, we won't have time to get out, will we?

On another topic, I will be renting a car and I am going alone so if you are short of money, I will offer myself to take you from the hotel into the POH and back...actually my idea is to try to take as many people as I can within safety margins :)

LOL I cant imagine what life is like in those countries (thank christ)!

My bro rents a car as hopefully there will be a couple of us like last time.

-And we always get time to have a couple of nights down the pub (but just social drinking - although there are some who like a few pints- u know who you are, lol!)
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Got the hotel rooms booked when they first said they were available. Also got VIP and weekend tickets for me and 4 friends who will be coming. :D Really looking forward to all the gaming and to play the new RTT game there! :D And 2 or 3 of them have never played any Palladium games before, so be sure to give them a great time!
Alpha 11
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:

Great ideal. Though, sorry, can't help you, will have a full car. And at least you won't have to deal with any jet leg.
MrNarrator
D-Bee
Comment: Wandering through the Megaverse

Unread post by MrNarrator »

Hey all- I have a couple of definite 'maybe's' for people to go with me, but I'm planning on trying to go to this for sure even if it's solo. My hope is that I will be able to quickly find some folks to hang out with. I haven't been able to find a regular Palladium system game in town, and I guess I'm kind of hoping some online format game might get sparked during, or before, the POH. Haven't really done a GenCon or anything before, but this sounds a lot more like something I'd be interested in regardless. Debating on whether or not to grab the tickets, but don't want to miss them while waiting for other people to decide if they are going. Is this something other folks do- solo vacation? :)
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

MrNarrator wrote:Is this something other folks do- solo vacation? :)

Greetings and Salutations. My first year (2010) I went solo. In 2012 I was going to go solo again (but work interrupted last minute so I didn't get to go at all). This year I'll be going with my wife, otherwise I'd totally go solo again. I think a lot of people either go solo (or with their significant other). Though going with others can cut down on expenses (sharing the hotel room cost, gas money, etc). Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now, and hope to see you there.

JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by JimmyB »

I will most likely be going Solo. Depends though, since I am only an hour away.
My gaming group usually always shows up for Saturday though.

At this point I do not have tickets, as I am between contracts.
But I will be making hotel reservations this weekend to make sure I am covered.
And I intend to be there for the whole thing including VIP Thursday,
unless they sell out before I get mine.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

got my tickets vip night and weekend

is anyone planing on getting there early i might be at the hotel some time wed afternoon ?
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Alpha 11
Palladin

kevarin wrote:got my tickets vip night and weekend

is anyone planing on getting there early i might be at the hotel some time wed afternoon ?

Nope, getting in Thur. Hopefully sometime after 12 noon.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Booked- Thursday thru Sunday
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
MrNarrator
D-Bee

zyanitevp wrote:Booked- Thursday thru Sunday

I went ahead and got my VIP tickets, and the 3 day weekend ticket as well. At this point, it's just me. Hoping some others will join me, but either way, I'm planning on getting some serious RPing done.

As far as arrival, I'm probably not going to be there until Thursday midday I imagine. Depends on travel, but that's the plan right now.
Alpha 11
Palladin

MrNarrator wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Booked- Thursday thru Sunday

I went ahead and got my VIP tickets, and the 3 day weekend ticket as well. At this point, it's just me. Hoping some others will join me, but either way, I'm planning on getting some serious RPing done.

As far as arrival, I'm probably not going to be there until Thursday midday I imagine. Depends on travel, but that's the plan right now.

So are you new to Palladium and all? If this is your first OH, you will love it! This will be my 3rd one. First was in 2010, and I have had a blast at each one!
MrNarrator
D-Bee

Yep, first OH, or con for that matter. Looking forward to it for sure. Asked a couple of other people if they wanted to tag along. At this point; still a party of one :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

MrNarrator wrote:Yep, first OH, or con for that matter. Looking forward to it for sure. Asked a couple of other people if they wanted to tag along. At this point; still a party of one :D

You will love it! If you haven't heard, it's like a big family get together. Everyone is very friendly and nice. I don't have a bad thing to say about it. Except, maybe it goes by to quickly. :lol: If I might make a recommendation? There will be a home made Rifts board game there. (Its been there at the last 2 OH's ) It is very well put together and has a great set of rules. Just play it once and you will like it.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Alpha 11 wrote:
MrNarrator wrote:Yep, first OH, or con for that matter. Looking forward to it for sure. Asked a couple of other people if they wanted to tag along. At this point; still a party of one :D

You will love it! If you haven't heard, it's like a big family get together. Everyone is very friendly and nice. I don't have a bad thing to say about it. Except, maybe it goes by to quickly. :lol: If I might make a recommendation? There will be a home made Rifts board game there. (Its been there at the last 2 OH's ) It is very well put together and has a great set of rules. Just play it once and you will like it.

Thanks for the shout-out about the board game Alpha 11. I hope people enjoy the changes/improvements I've made since the last OH. There will also be some new characters to try out, so no one should be bored playing the same old thing!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
MrNarrator
D-Bee

Sounds great to me! My goal is to try a sampling of as much as possible. I'd like to sit in a developer game or two, and also meet new folks from around the 'megaverse' as well. Hoping to try a few of the different games, etc. I run an online HU2 game, but don't feel like I've got quite the experience to run a game for the OH. So, a Rifts board game fits that criteria pretty well. And it does sound like it will be a lot of fun. Lots of welcoming people all enjoying the same game. Seems about perfect to me.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Involved Observer wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

Thanks for the shout-out about the board game Alpha 11. I hope people enjoy the changes/improvements I've made since the last OH. There will also be some new characters to try out, so no one should be bored playing the same old thing!

:D No problem. I'm going to play it at least one time. But with Tactics there, the regular RPG's, and the panel talks, it might be hard for me to get more then one. But if time opens up, and I remember, I'll try to play more. I know Kevin will be busy during that time, but maybe we can get him to play it. ( I'm almost positive that he hasn't had time to play with the one you left. ) I'm also glad to hear you've continued to work on it. So hopefully when they ok it to try and get it made, there will be little if nothing they need to do for it. Can't wait to see all the new things in it!

MrNarrator wrote:Sounds great to me! My goal is to try a sampling of as much as possible. I'd like to sit in a developer game or two, and also meet new folks from around the 'megaverse' as well. Hoping to try a few of the different games, etc. I run an online HU2 game, but don't feel like I've got quite the experience to run a game for the OH. So, a Rifts board game fits that criteria pretty well. And it does sound like it will be a lot of fun. Lots of welcoming people all enjoying the same game. Seems about perfect to me.

Ya, there will be plenty of things to do there. In fact, you might wish you could be in 2 places at once. :lol: As for help in games, they might, if I remember right, have some on Youtube. Just look for From the Rifts. They have like 20 or so videos up. Unfortunately, they haven't made any new ones in a while. But there might be an episode or 2 there that might help.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:Ya, there will be plenty of things to do there. In fact, you might wish you could be in 2 places at once. :lol: As for help in games, they might, if I remember right, have some on Youtube. Just look for From the Rifts. They have like 20 or so videos up. Unfortunately, they haven't made any new ones in a while. But there might be an episode or 2 there that might help.

Just two places at once? Since I GM at most of the POH's (I think I will be running 3 or 4 games this time) I never get enough time to play and there are always 2 or 3 games going on that I want to play in so I could really do with being in about five places at once.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Warshield73 wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Ya, there will be plenty of things to do there. In fact, you might wish you could be in 2 places at once. :lol: As for help in games, they might, if I remember right, have some on Youtube. Just look for From the Rifts. They have like 20 or so videos up. Unfortunately, they haven't made any new ones in a while. But there might be an episode or 2 there that might help.

Just two places at once? Since I GM at most of the POH's (I think I will be running 3 or 4 games this time) I never get enough time to play and there are always 2 or 3 games going on that I want to play in so I could really do with being in about five places at once.

Well, there are two ways I can think of to do this. One, you could not so run so many games, or, if they do, what they did last time, and list the games that will be run before the HO, you could see if you could have your games be put around the games you want to play. Or, you could do a combo of the 2.
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

My fiancee and I have our tickets! We're going to VIP Thursday and will be there for the weekend.

I'm planning to run 3-4 events...
Alpha 11
Palladin

dpenwood wrote:My fiancee and I have our tickets! We're going to VIP Thursday and will be there for the weekend.

What games are will you run, if you don't mind me asking?
dpenwood
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.

Unread post by dpenwood »

Alpha 11 wrote:
dpenwood wrote:My fiancee and I have our tickets! We're going to VIP Thursday and will be there for the weekend.

I was just discussing that with my fiancee earlier this evening. Short answer: I'm not sure yet. Longer answer: definitely a Rifts and a Heroes Unlimited for starters. At the last Open House someone remarked that they were disappointed that there were no After the Bomb games, so I'm kicking around running one of those. I also want to do a Ninjas & Superspies game. So here's how it will probably go:

Two Rifts games
Heroes Unlimited
After the Bomb OR Ninjas & Superspies
Alpha 11
Palladin

dpenwood wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

I was just discussing that with my fiancee earlier this evening. Short answer: I'm not sure yet. Longer answer: definitely a Rifts and a Heroes Unlimited for starters. At the last Open House someone remarked that they were disappointed that there were no After the Bomb games, so I'm kicking around running one of those. I also want to do a Ninjas & Superspies game. So here's how it will probably go:

Two Rifts games
Heroes Unlimited
After the Bomb OR Ninjas & Superspies

Well, if you do the Ninjas and Superspies, I'll try for that. Love Martial arts. And one of the Rifts games, expessilly if one has Robots in them. :D Love Robots!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Well, they're obviously getting desperate so I've finally gone and booked my tickets for the Open House. Booked my hotel room too. See you all there! :)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

sadly wasn't able to get mine before having to quit my job.. will put money aside to grab it ASAP once i get a new one (should be able to get at least a temporary job to cover bills) sadly may miss the thursday event, and could be interesting budget wise to get there..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Soldier of Od wrote:Well, they're obviously getting desperate so I've finally gone and booked my tickets for the Open House. Booked my hotel room too. See you all there! :)

Glad to hear it!

glitterboy2098 wrote:sadly wasn't able to get mine before having to quit my job.. will put money aside to grab it ASAP once i get a new one (should be able to get at least a temporary job to cover bills) sadly may miss the thursday event, and could be interesting budget wise to get there..

Sorry to hear it. Hope you find a good job soon! And if you don't mind moving, we got a bounce of job up here in North Dakota. If not, hope you find a job near you soon!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

From the looks of my own financial situation... it appears that I will be doing a Saturday day trip.
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Alpha 11
Palladin

Damian Magecraft wrote:From the looks of my own financial situation... it appears that I will be doing a Saturday day trip.

So only Saturday? Sorry to hear that. :(
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Alpha 11 wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:From the looks of my own financial situation... it appears that I will be doing a Saturday day trip.

So only Saturday? Sorry to hear that. :(

Yeah it sucks...
The one time I actually have vacation days saved up for the trip and I cant seem to gather enough funds to pay for the whole weekend.

Return to “Palladium Open House”