OH 2012 and my attendance

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

OH 2012 and my attendance

Unread post by jaymz »

Well i have had to make the difficult decision to not go, even for the day trip I was planning, to the open house.

I regret that I will not be able to finally meet some very good people. Financially speaking it just isn't going to be something I can set money aside to do. I promised my daughter I would take her to the Toronto AnimeExpo a few weeks after the O.H. and that is definitely going to take priority over going to the Palladium OH unfortunately.

I hope it all goes well. :ok: Keep on keepin' on PB.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Re: OH 2012 and my attendance

Unread post by mumah »

Stupid kids. Ruining all the adult's fun. They should get a job. ;)
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Fortunately mumah you were not one of the very good people............you were one of the great people I wouldn't get to meet. :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Too bad. Would have been cool to meet you. I'm on the fence right now, myself. As much as I'd like to go, I'm starting to question whether I can swing all the logistics to make it work. Hopefully this isn't the last, and there will be another Open House we can attend in the future.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

IIRC Kevin said at some point that this was going to be the last one.......hopefully not, but I think it may be.

\m/
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

jaymz wrote:Fortunately mumah you were not one of the very good people............you were one of the great people I wouldn't get to meet. :D

Yup. You're missing out. I'm really cool. Maybe next time!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

We can only hope that the future holds an opportunity for you to be exposed to my awesomness :D

\m/
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

Exposing yourself is frowned upon in the states.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

mumah wrote:Exposing yourself is frowned upon in the states.

I am flabberghasted. Did not Henry D. Thoreau say: "We cannot adequately appreciate this aspect of nature if we approach it with any taint of human pretense. It will elude us if we allow artifacts like clothing to intervene between ourselves and this Other. To apprehend it, we cannot be naked enough. (cited from Wikipedia)" As Thoreau was a libertarian, I would have assumed that this position is widely upheld by the libertarian GOP ...

jaymz wrote:Well i have had to make the difficult decision to not go, even for the day trip I was planning, to the open house.

I regret that I will not be able to finally meet some very good people. Financially speaking it just isn't going to be something I can set money aside to do. I promised my daughter I would take her to the Toronto AnimeExpo a few weeks after the O.H. and that is definitely going to take priority over going to the Palladium OH unfortunately.

I hope it all goes well. :ok: Keep on keepin' on PB.

That is a true pity, Jaymz (although a promise to a child is far more important). I was really looking forward to make your acquaintance in person.

Kind regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

I tend to vote the other way. It was the great scholar Cookie Monster who said, "MMMMM COOKIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!"
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

mumah wrote:I tend to vote the other way. It was the great scholar Cookie Monster who said, "MMMMM COOKIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!"

And never can the great Cookie Monter be wrong!

"Libertarian" was a joke. I cannot fail to notice the extreme gap in meaning for that word on the respective sides of the Pond. For me a "libertarian" is very left wing, possibly an extremist, possibly an anarchist, possibly a naturalist / nudist. Clearly, in the US of A "libertarian" is defined differently, more like a "liberal" would be in Europe. There is some really big joke in that.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Hendrik wrote:
mumah wrote:I tend to vote the other way. It was the great scholar Cookie Monster who said, "MMMMM COOKIES! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!"

Oh he can be wrong, I believe I heard somewhere he is the Carrot Monster now? Because apparently kids nowadays are all fat little tubs and it's not the parents fault in any way, it's obviously the fault of a cookie eating muppet!

Please tell me I heard wrong and he's still a cookie monster, please ? *sniffs as a tear rolls down his cheek at the thought of another happy childhood memory being destroyed by the stupid people of this world

*quick edit: oh on a side note, too bad you can't go, I know you were looking forward to it
Last edited by Razzinold on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Razzinold wrote:
Hendrik wrote:

Oh he can be wrong, I believe I heard somewhere he is the Carrot Monster now? Because apparently kids nowadays are all fat little tubs and it's not the parents fault in any way, it's obviously the fault of a cookie eating muppet!

Please tell me I heard wrong and he's still a cookie monster, please ? *sniffs as a tear rolls down his cheek at the thought of another happy childhood memory being destroyed by the stupid people of this world

Yes he is still technically a cookie monster who is not supposed to eat carrots and have cookies as a treat and in moderation....because as you said, parents can't be to blame for their children being obese, it's television and schools and movies fault.

\m/
Razzinold
Hero

also when you see seriously overweight parents, with their seriously overweight 6 year olds trailing behind stuffing McDonalds and an open box of oreo cookies in their face while grocery shopping, it's also not their fault. The parents have a glandular problem and it's the government/school's fault for cutting the soccer team thus making their children fat.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

/sarcasm :lol:

\m/
Razzinold
Hero

jaymz wrote:/sarcasm :lol:

Yes well it is my specialty, I'm famous/known for it :mrgreen:
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Razzinold wrote:also when you see seriously overweight parents, with their seriously overweight 6 year olds trailing behind stuffing McDonalds and an open box of oreo cookies in their face while grocery shopping, it's also not their fault. The parents have a glandular problem and it's the government/school's fault for cutting the soccer team thus making their children fat.

This is pretty much the best post you've ever made.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Razzinold
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Razzinold wrote:also when you see seriously overweight parents, with their seriously overweight 6 year olds trailing behind stuffing McDonalds and an open box of oreo cookies in their face while grocery shopping, it's also not their fault. The parents have a glandular problem and it's the government/school's fault for cutting the soccer team thus making their children fat.

This is pretty much the best post you've ever made.

*takes a bow

Thanks, I am quite happy with the level of sarcasm and wit displayed combined with the fact that it's a true story. I seen them with my own eyes. I may not have as many posts as others on here but I like to think I come up with a good ones once in a while :mrgreen: You should check out some other ones.
Now before anyone says I'm mean for calling people fat, I too am overweight, and a parent, so I have a right to judge. At least I know why i'm fat it has nothing to do with society, it has to do with me. I was always "husky" as a kid, and it was my lifestyle choices when I was older that made the problem worse. Also not walking for a year and eating fast food didn't help I gained over 100 lbs in that year alone. But my children are not overweight, because my wife has us leading a healthier lifestyle. It keeps my kids happy and fit and I too am loosing weight. Back to my original point, if an adult wants to be unhealthy that's their choice, but don't make that choice for your kids. Nothing makes me angrier when I see young kids who weigh 180-200 lbs and they are not even teenagers yet. at almost 33 years of age, I shouldn't only outweigh children by like 80 pounds.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

I spent my Open House budget on the Insider and ordering Palladium Fantasy books. I may be able to still go, but we'll have to see.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

mumah wrote:Exposing yourself is frowned upon in the states.

In most places. Also, it depends on the person.

Return to “Palladium Open House”