Pally OH: Gamers from around the World

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Pally OH: Gamers from around the World

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I have just read the weekly update
Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 25, 2011 wrote:Gamers come from around the world and now have a gentleman coming in from Japan as well as England, Europe and Canada.

Aside from the funny part that England is mentioned separately from Europe ... :shock: ... it is brilliant to see that gamers from all around the world will fly in to the Open House.

So where will you come from? How much distance do you have to cover? How long is your trip (my guess is that several of you guys coming from the States have longer trips than those of us coming from much further away)?

I am from Germany and the bird's flight distance from my place to Westland, MI, is 6683,415 km (4152.881 miles) according to this website (it's in German but you just enter the place of origin in the first field and the destination in the second field and you get the distance and a nice red line connecting the dots on a good world map that you can even zoom in on). I am not going direct because I will do some sightseeing in the States first :-D , but if I were travel time would be c. 12 hours (including transfers, excluding queuing and waiting for my rental :wink: ).

Just curious and looking forward to meet you all!

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Re: Pally OH: Gamers from around the World

Unread post by Blindscout »

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – August 25, 2011 wrote:Gamers come from around the world and now have a gentleman coming in from Japan as well as England, Europe and Canada.

Aside from the funny part that England is mentioned separately from Europe ... :shock: ... it is brilliant to see that gamers from all around the world will fly in to the Open House.

So where will you come from? How much distance do you have to cover? How long is your trip (my guess is that several of you guys coming from the States have longer trips than those of us coming from much further away)?

I am from Germany and the bird's flight distance from my place to Westland, MI, is 6683,415 km (4152.881 miles) according to this website (it's in German but you just enter the place of origin in the first field and the destination in the second field and you get the distance and a nice red line connecting the dots on a good world map that you can even zoom in on). I am not going direct because I will do some sightseeing in the States first :-D , but if I were travel time would be c. 12 hours (including transfers, excluding queuing and waiting for my rental :wink: ).

Just curious and looking forward to meet you all!

Cheers
Hendrik

Well, England is kind of disconnected from Europe, floating off on it's own like that. :clown:

By the way, where about in Germany are you? I lived in Buedingen, Land Hessen for what I consider to be the best couple of years of my life. :)
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

England disconnected: well, not since they have built the tunnel :-P

Buedingen: that is a beautiful town. You must know the Ronneburg! I am a Hessian (well, by birth a Swabian) and have lived in and around Frankfurt for all my life. Hessen is a good place :-) Thank you for your kind words, I am very glad you have enjoyed my home "state" so much!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Blindscout
Adventurer

I used to run from Armstrong Kaserne to Schloss Ronneburg and back on a regualr basis :-D .
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

5999 km for me to travel across the pond next May!

England is mentioned separately from Europe ... ...

Those 34 km across the channel are a million miles to us Brits! :wink:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

6000km for me.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Well, I have to travel 200 miles! (Though anyone familiar with my travel history of late may realize this could be the same as going from the Earth to the Moon...)
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:6000km for me.

Pick me up on your way past!

:D
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Blindscout
Adventurer

If I had the money to make the trip, it would be a 2360mile/3798km ride on my Harley.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

407 miles. About a 7 hour trip one way.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Approximately 1,200 miles, from the South side of the U.S. to the North side. A good two days on the road one way.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

Aside from the funny part that England is mentioned separately from Europe ... :shock: ...

Cheers
Hendrik

The US and UK are two countries separated only by a common language. :fool:
Dr. Doom v.3.0 wrote:
You should change your title to Necromancer.

Go forth my minions! Kill! Maim! Destroy!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Shinitenshi wrote:It's about 45 miles for us :)

your world, it will be rocked.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Palladium Open House”