Psionic concentration

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Psionic concentration

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, this might have been brought up in the psionic and magics forum, but I'll bring it up again because the search function is not very helpful. But, how much concentration is necessary for some of the powers that create physical effects? For example, if the Mind Mage creates a TK Forcefield or Pillar of Flame, does he or she have to keep focusing on it to keep it in existence? Or does it just stay there until the duration elapses? If the MM is knocked unconscious does the effect disappear? Can the MM throw up a TK FF, and use regular TK, and read minds at the same time?

-Vek
"Never Trust a Mind Mage."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Psionic concentration

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Unless it specifically calls for concentration, I assume it is fire and forget.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Psionic concentration

Unread post by Father Goose »

Mark Hall wrote:Unless it specifically calls for concentration, I assume it is fire and forget.

Same here. There are enough places where a power specifically states the concentration requirements that I tend to assume the absence of specificity is an indication that no concentration is needed. Ultimately, your GM will rule on how things work in your game, but that's the argument I would start with to make my case.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”