Forgotten People

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Forgotten People

Unread post by gaby »

Forgotten People will have al PF,sl Races from Rifter,I hope it will also have OCCs too,Like the Archers,s Occ from Rifter 45.

What do you wants in it?
Last edited by gaby on Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Forgotten People

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Gerseidi
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Various races of elves that vary from what we've seen in the books so far. New types of playable races in general.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

As I understand it, Forgotten People will feature some new races, but will also expand the culture and history of existing races in order to make some more interesting to play, as well as enriching the world setting in general.
It is from that premise that I am writing my submission. I am working to flesh out the culture of some existing races to make them more interesting to play.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Father Goose wrote:As I understand it, Forgotten People will feature some new races, but will also expand the culture and history of existing races in order to make some more interesting to play, as well as enriching the world setting in general.
It is from that premise that I am writing my submission. I am working to flesh out the culture of some existing races to make them more interesting to play.

Well as written Palladium's elves are not that fun to play. At least with D&D you have different kinds of elves. But what I'm talking about races that may have been made different by magic's touch upon them.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Father Goose wrote:As I understand it, Forgotten People will feature some new races, but will also expand the culture and history of existing races in order to make some more interesting to play, as well as enriching the world setting in general.

Greetings and Salutations. And how did you come upon that understanding? I haven't seen much about it, but if I missed something I'd love to learn more. This is one of those projects I keep seeing Kevin mention, and every time he does I'm asking: "But what is this book about?!" I gather a lot of it is from previous Rifter material, from what he's said, but not sure what type of material.

Additionally: Submission? Are they taking submissions? Is this by invite or can I talk to someone?

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Well as written Palladium's elves are not that fun to play. At least with D&D you have different kinds of elves. But what I'm talking about races that may have been made different by magic's touch upon them.

Eh, as an individual I can do without Wood Elves and River Elves and Dark Elves and ad nauseum, and then repeat with Dwarves, and Gnomes, etc.

"I just ran into Wood Human today."
"A what?"
"Wood human. Look, he's standing right over there."
"That's a forest ranger."
"No, he's a Wood Human. They're a thing, like Ice Humans who live further up north in the cold."
"You mean Inuit? I think trying to classify them as a different species of human is probably offensive."
"And let's not forget Dark Humans! They're all evil."
"Okay, now I know this is offensive."

With that said, if we include Rifts, there are also Asgardian Elves and Jungle Elves. There are also other variations such as Space Wolfen, and different types of Dwarves. I'm not always a fan of the concept, but Palladium has done such things. With that said, since you mentioned "different by magic's touch upon them," once upon a time I wrote this: The Magic of Elves.

That was one of my attempts to add some variety while leaving them Elves, and trying to tie in the Asgardian Elves and so forth. But, of course, that's not official. That's all for now. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Prysus wrote:[justify]

Greetings and Salutations. And how did you come upon that understanding? I haven't seen much about it, but if I missed something I'd love to learn more. This is one of those projects I keep seeing Kevin mention, and every time he does I'm asking: "But what is this book about?!" I gather a lot of it is from previous Rifter material, from what he's said, but not sure what type of material.

Additionally: Submission? Are they taking submissions? Is this by invite or can I talk to someone?

This came from a conversation I had with Kevin a while back. I don't really know any more about the book than what I said. As for a submission, I mentioned that I had some ideas and he said to send them in. It wasn't an open 'all call', nor was it 'by invitation only.' Rather it was a right place, right time, no promises, kind of situation. I'm sorry about the confusion and hope this clears things up.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Father Goose wrote:This came from a conversation I had with Kevin a while back. I don't really know any more about the book than what I said. As for a submission, I mentioned that I had some ideas and he said to send them in. It wasn't an open 'all call', nor was it 'by invitation only.' Rather it was a right place, right time, no promises, kind of situation. I'm sorry about the confusion and hope this clears things up.

Greetings and Salutations. Thanks for the reply. Okay, about what I expected. I'm honestly just glad to have some new insights into the book. As for confusion, that was mostly just from lack of information by Palladium when they mention the book.

I was mostly just wondering about submissions because: http://www.prysus.com/pf_cultures.htm

I think all together it was 80+ page Word document (at about 10 font, Times New Roman). At one point it was attached to the Rifter 0.1 project. Palladium expressed some interest in possibly publishing it as a separate product, but lots of things were going on for Palladium and the Rifter 0.1 project was eventually dropped. I thought about bringing it up again (as they had talked about doing it separately anyways), but Palladium tends to be busy enough so I just kind of left it alone. This just made me think about it again is all.

Anyways, appreciate the time. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Prysus wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Well as written Palladium's elves are not that fun to play. At least with D&D you have different kinds of elves. But what I'm talking about races that may have been made different by magic's touch upon them.

Eh, as an individual I can do without Wood Elves and River Elves and Dark Elves and ad nauseum, and then repeat with Dwarves, and Gnomes, etc.

"I just ran into Wood Human today."
"A what?"
"Wood human. Look, he's standing right over there."
"That's a forest ranger."
"No, he's a Wood Human. They're a thing, like Ice Humans who live further up north in the cold."
"You mean Inuit? I think trying to classify them as a different species of human is probably offensive."
"And let's not forget Dark Humans! They're all evil."
"Okay, now I know this is offensive."
I'm not talking about just skin color and culture, I'm talking about actual differences in the way they came up out of their fae origins. Elves speak the Dragon tongue, which is the language of magic, yet they are not portrayed as magical. They seem to be portrayed merely as pointy-eared humans.

Prysus wrote:With that said, if we include Rifts, there are also Asgardian Elves and Jungle Elves. There are also other variations such as Space Wolfen, and different types of Dwarves. I'm not always a fan of the concept, but Palladium has done such things. With that said, since you mentioned "different by magic's touch upon them," once upon a time I wrote this: The Magic of Elves.

That was one of my attempts to add some variety while leaving them Elves, and trying to tie in the Asgardian Elves and so forth. But, of course, that's not official. That's all for now. Farewell and safe journeys.
I shall have to take a look at what you have there.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hey folks, Just though I say I know nothing about what's going on in Forgotten People. Not my project but looking foreward to it. Someone
did mention Tombs of Gersidi that one I can smile about ;) . As for Elves all I can say is I hope some revisions in a future sourcebook appear
that makes Elves a bit more exciting and cool to play :mrgreen:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Reagren Wright wrote:Hey folks, Just though I say I know nothing about what's going on in Forgotten People. Not my project but looking foreward to it. Someone
did mention Tombs of Gersidi that one I can smile about ;) . As for Elves all I can say is I hope some revisions in a future sourcebook appear
that makes Elves a bit more exciting and cool to play :mrgreen:
It would be cool if elves had their own sourcebook and more of their history was gone into in greater detail.
Father Goose
Adventurer

What already existing canon races found in PFRPG (Corebook, World Books, Monsters & Animals, etc.), aside from the already mentioned elves, would you like to see expanded and expounded on?
Consider all the various races that are listed with OCC options for player character purposes (like gnomes, or dragon wolves), and ask yourself, "what races would be cool to play if only I knew more about them?"
What races do you already like to play, but wish they had a more developed canon definition for their culture?
What burning questions (or idle curiosities) do you have about the histories, cultures, or purposes of particular races?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Father Goose wrote:What already existing canon races found in PFRPG (Corebook, World Books, Monsters & Animals, etc.), aside from the already mentioned elves, would you like to see expanded and expounded on?
Consider all the various races that are listed with OCC options for player character purposes (like gnomes, or dragon wolves), and ask yourself, "what races would be cool to play if only I knew more about them?"
What races do you already like to play, but wish they had a more developed canon definition for their culture?
What burning questions (or idle curiosities) do you have about the histories, cultures, or purposes of particular races?
I've always thought they should do more with Centaurs. As it is, they have them basically living the same as horses and not given them a culture to speak of.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I've always thought they should do more with Centaurs. As it is, they have them basically living the same as horses and not given them a culture to speak of.

All we really get is they love freedom so much that they die in captivity... but they also have an alliance with the Wolfen.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mark Hall wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I've always thought they should do more with Centaurs. As it is, they have them basically living the same as horses and not given them a culture to speak of.

All we really get is they love freedom so much that they die in captivity... but they also have an alliance with the Wolfen.
They're always depicted almost naked. Do they ever wear clothes? If not, why not? Is so, what kinds of fashions do they wear? Would they wear leather or are they opposed to it as it comes from four legged animals? Would they even feel the need to wear armor? Those kinds of questions are generally not answered. Do they wear horseshoes, and if so, do they have Centaur blacksmiths?
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Take a look at the Northern Hinterlands book, pages 97-99. There's a lot more about centaurs, including their secret city, Wildwind. They do wear leather and horseshoes (at least, they do here). It doesn't mention fashion but they definitely wear armour. Nomadic centaurs will often make trade in exchange for use of somebody else's smithy, so there are centaur blacksmiths.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Soldier of Od wrote:Take a look at the Northern Hinterlands book, pages 97-99. There's a lot more about centaurs, including their secret city, Wildwind. They do wear leather and horseshoes (at least, they do here). It doesn't mention fashion but they definitely wear armour. Nomadic centaurs will often make trade in exchange for use of somebody else's smithy, so there are centaur blacksmiths.
I don't have the Northern Hinterlands book. I should probably get it then, huh?
Soldier of Od
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:Take a look at the Northern Hinterlands book, pages 97-99. There's a lot more about centaurs, including their secret city, Wildwind. They do wear leather and horseshoes (at least, they do here). It doesn't mention fashion but they definitely wear armour. Nomadic centaurs will often make trade in exchange for use of somebody else's smithy, so there are centaur blacksmiths.

Definitely!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Soldier of Od wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Definitely!
Okay, ordered it. Thanks for the heads up!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I want to see descendants of the True Atlanteans who built the pyramids on the islands at the edge of the world, the Gruzzia islands, and the Floenries.

I'd really like them not to be standard True Atlanteans.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Library Ogre

Hotrod wrote:I want to see descendants of the True Atlanteans who built the pyramids on the islands at the edge of the world, the Gruzzia islands, and the Floenries.

Take your pick: Grimbor or Ogres.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Mark Hall wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I want to see descendants of the True Atlanteans who built the pyramids on the islands at the edge of the world, the Gruzzia islands, and the Floenries.

Ok, that's actually awesome.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Explains a lot about ogres.
Okey-Dokey
D-Bee

Unread post by Okey-Dokey »

Mark Hall wrote:

Grimbor make perfect sense, especially if you're familiar with the hyborian age of Robert E. Howard :)
Library Ogre

...I am honestly not sure if the thing I wrote about troglodytes ever got published.

All Palladium Articles
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Ogres and their apparent "family relation" to humans.

More on the Jotan, Kobolds and other ancient "master craftsman" races that might once have been associates if not near rivals to dwarves and elves.

Goblins, their connection to fae and whatever happened to lead into their change into something less magical.

Djinns being originally demon & deevyl hybrids has been retconned out of continuity or is it still canon though obscure and mostly forgotten lore?
SolCannibal
Champion

As an aside, must say the Titans, being essentially humans made bigger, prettier more magical, are kind of like Palladium's version of the True Atlanteans, at least imho, and least favorite of the giant races.

Speaking of giants.... it just crossed my mind that both Trolls and D-Ghouls are described as pasty grey or white, cadaverous-looking but deceptively strong gigantic beings.
Trolls are overall larger, but there is some common height range, at least according to the Conversion Book. That opens possibilties, i guess.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Well as written Palladium's elves are not that fun to play. At least with D&D you have different kinds of elves. But what I'm talking about races that may have been made different by magic's touch upon them.

True...you have Elf, Dark-Elf, and Shadow Elf. ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Its not hard to make your own variants
I have elves with white skin and white hair with anime sized eyes, i have 7-8ft tall golden skinned elves, i have green tinged brown and black haired elves as well as noldor and sindarin elves.

Frm memory d&d had wood elves moon elves snow and sun elves, avariel grugach and drow, and most people played high elves im sure, and i think there was a water type elf that got +1 to hit with crossbows and tridents instead of bows and longswords
Library Ogre

I don't particularly care about having a variety of elven subraces... that can always get a little bit weird... but elven culture feels incredibly flat to me in Palladium.

All Palladium Articles
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Borast wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I only know of elves, high elves and space elves in the PB game books. Where are these dark and shadow elves in a PB game book?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SolCannibal
Champion

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Borast wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I only know of elves, high elves and space elves in the PB game books. Where are these dark and shadow elves in a PB game book?

Aren't. I'm reasonably sure Borast's "Elf, Dark-Elf, and Shadow Elf" post was a quip on the "At least with D&D you have different kinds of elves. But what I'm talking about races that may have been made different by magic's touch upon them" comment from Stone Gargoyle.

Mark Hall wrote:I don't particularly care about having a variety of elven subraces... that can always get a little bit weird... but elven culture feels incredibly flat to me in Palladium.

Yeah, i'm more into localized cultures and fun stuff resulting from their particular stories and customs. But then i usually reskin/tinker such "fantasy subraces" as exactly that anyway.

That said, i think part of the issue with Palladium's elves is that what differences there are seem to be built-in and not really much discussed on.

First off, they are not the "agile/finesse race" balanced out to the humans "power" like in D&D and much post-Tolkenian fantasy. They are as physical but even more athletic than human. Theirs is not the delicate beauty of falcons or peacocks, but the brutal grace of jaguars & panthers, a fearful symmetry pleasant to watch not deal with.

They are long-lived and frequently learned, but in no way or form anything close to good with people or wise in dealing with them - while many associate this with arrogance, pride & prejudice, the truth is that they are just as blunt, rude and difficult to communicate with toward each other. Laconic and hermetic at best, antisocial if not sociopathic at worst. Maybe one of the reasons they have immersed themselves so much in the nations and cultures of the much more numerous, widespread and sociable humans.

Overall, i'd say they have more in common with Conan of Cimmeria or maybe more appropriately Kull of Valusia (something sort of hinted by the image in page 290 of PF) or immortals like MacLeod, Kurgan, Methos and others from the Highlander series or the spartans from 300, than the D&D and Peter Jackson movies' fare.

(And now i can't get the image of Santoro's Xerxes as the decadent Changeling or Titan ruler of a mighty empire lost in the mists of time, damn)

Just my two cents of - admitedly barely informed beyond their introductory description in PF or CB1 - thought.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Borast wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Heh... the comment about D&D having lots of kinds of elf.
The three are the elves of D&D. AD&D has a dozen or so main and off-shoots. D&D didn't.
That was what I was referring to.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Soldier of Od
Hero

I submitted a manuscript to Palladium just as the Rifter was ending that was a write-up of the (to quote from the existing books) "half-dozen elven cities that remain in the northeast corner of the Old Kingdom near the Eastern Territory" that are "all that's left of the Elven Empire" after "40% of the surviving Elven population migrated to the north-eastern quarter of their kingdom". As well as a 'world book' type write up of the cities themselves, I inserted a few excerpts from a fictional Palladium World anthropologist's observations about elven society.
I don't suppose it will ever see print now there's no Rifter, but fingers crossed! :)
Rifter Contributor:
SolCannibal
Champion

Soldier of Od wrote:I submitted a manuscript to Palladium just as the Rifter was ending that was a write-up of the (to quote from the existing books) "half-dozen elven cities that remain in the northeast corner of the Old Kingdom near the Eastern Territory" that are "all that's left of the Elven Empire" after "40% of the surviving Elven population migrated to the north-eastern quarter of their kingdom". As well as a 'world book' type write up of the cities themselves, I inserted a few excerpts from a fictional Palladium World anthropologist's observations about elven society.
I don't suppose it will ever see print now there's no Rifter, but fingers crossed! :)

Rifter has been cancelled? Ow, i wasn't aware of that.
SolCannibal
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

They're always depicted almost naked. Do they ever wear clothes? If not, why not? Is so, what kinds of fashions do they wear? Would they wear leather or are they opposed to it as it comes from four legged animals? Would they even feel the need to wear armor? Those kinds of questions are generally not answered. Do they wear horseshoes, and if so, do they have Centaur blacksmiths?

Kind of sorry that it took me so long to come back to this, but here we go.

Fashion and what do centaurs wear or not.... that's a pretty good question indeed, as the use of clothes has a complex and large variety of functions & reasons, protection from the elements being an important one but far from the unique or main reason and some of those motives relate also to the use of adornments like jewelry, makeup, tattoos or simple accesories/tools like bags, bandoliers, glasses and a number of other things, that might be of interest to differing groups of centaurs depending on their physical characteristics, enviroment, cultural mindset, technology level and so on.

On horseshoes and their use, the wiki can bring to mind some pretty good fodder to the subject, factors and reasons that can map interestingly on issues of migration, cultural & geographical changes and how they may influence each other, the subject of fashion and related social mores & specialization, among other possible venues of exploration/worldbuilding.

For those who might have an interest on smithing in nomadic societies, i found this and this, for a sample of ideas and imagery i guess.

According to CB1 (my PF 2nd ed has no info on them, unfortunately), "On the Palladium World the centaur is a fearsome plains warrior whose people gather in tribes of 40 to 60 members. They are a nomadic people who dislike staying in any one place longer than a season. Although they are good craftsmen, they rarely have access to a proper hearth or tools. The Palladium centaur is a dying breed, succumbing to the superior numbers and weapons of both man and wolfen."

So, i'd say that nomadic horse riding cultures might make a decent source to take some ideas from, with some degree of adaptation obviously. All of that said, the centaurs never seen to have developed figures like Atilla, Gengis Khan or the persian emperors (persian military also relied in heavy cavalry and horse archery to a respectable degree, that would go on to influence a number of central asian successor cultures & states for more than a millenium after the end of their empire). Or if they did, such empires were swallowed and lost to the mists and sands of time.

All of that said, the "fearsome plains warrior" bit does give room for the implication of some degree of either raiding, tribute-charging or "protection racketing" on the part of individual tribes. As an aside, in a bit of a cosmic irony, it could be the reason there has never been such an empire (as far as we know) is the absence of any major cultures or trading routes like Earth's ancient Silk Road, full of tempting rich soft targets in the plains regions of the Palladium world favored by centaurs. :wink:

About leather and four-legged animals, are humans, elves or dwarves opposed to hunting apes, monkeys and primates for a variety of reasons & uses?
Kind of same issue here on how much centaurs "identify themselves" with equines, other ungulates - or any humanoids, for that matter.

As an aside, humans, ogres, elves, dwarves, goblins, orcs & trolls are probably more physically similar to each other than a bunch of different animals we are prone to put together and confound like deer, reindeer, elk, antilope and others. What brings questions on the matter of other hypothetic four-legged humanoid species, variations and their interactions - at least in fantasy lands homebrewed with PF but that are not the world of Palladium (as we know it - what of distant, unknown continents?) per se.

Ah, one more thing - considering their marked preference for a wandering lifestyle and mutual fondness for faerie folk, it has crossed my mind that centaurs making greater use of bronze in place of iron for their metalwork would make a lot of sense.
Last edited by SolCannibal on Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Borast wrote:
Heh... the comment about D&D having lots of kinds of elf.
The three are the elves of D&D. AD&D has a dozen or so main and off-shoots. D&D didn't.

I have my own Elf variant, They look oriental and are short. 4'-6" to 5'-6" 'ish. They don't get any bonus with the bow because they are mainly a seafaring folk because where they live is mainly archipelagos. It is because the sea is high or the land low....not known.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Borast wrote:Heh... the comment about D&D having lots of kinds of elf.
I was referring to all versions of D&D, AD&D included. Palladium's elves are boring in comparison.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

SolCannibal wrote:[Rifter has been cancelled? Ow, i wasn't aware of that.

Kevin has made t known that Rifter will not continue much longer and that future contributions will be collected and published as part of the game books.
SolCannibal
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Kevin has made t known that Rifter will not continue much longer and that future contributions will be collected and published as part of the game books.

Well, so contributions might still be possible, but published directly into books of the respective game lines?
Slower going, but sort of promising, i guess. Time will tell.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

SolCannibal wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Well, so contributions might still be possible, but published directly into books of the respective game lines?

From what I understand, he is accepting contributions but the pay is low or nonexistent, which is why I've never bothered to submit anything.
SolCannibal
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

From what I understand, he is accepting contributions but the pay is low or nonexistent, which is why I've never bothered to submit anything.

Useful to know either way.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”