SDC on portcullises, castle gates, etc?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

SDC on portcullises, castle gates, etc?

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Even though, for an enemy to enter through the main gateway is insanity, especially for one of my castles...(murder holes for the gate keepers up top to drop dwarven 300 proof moonshine, followed by a torch, not to mention the movable stone dragon heads spouts on the gatehouse, and the machicolations on the walls.) I still need to know how many SDC points an portcullis and castle gates would have...We are talking 2" thick hard wood, but each piece is enchanted with the ironwood spell from Rifts. In the case of the inner portcullis, it will have a locking mechanism where it goes into the ground.

Just for the record, my castle is on a solid stone islet in a river. The southern most point of said islet is a waterfall (say, 10 meters high) and 500 meters away. On the east of me is my large of town Crafters Wheel (with all it's waterwheel tech), roughly 150-200 meters away. To the west is my city of Ship's End. My islet sits closer to my city, there for the bridge is there. and down near the bottom of the falls is are my villages, which at this point are unnamed except for Smithsville and Innville. Go up river, and you will find Safe haven, Clear Water, Portville, and lastly the city of stonesport. Before you ask, I am a Count in this game.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: SDC on portcullises, castle gates, etc?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Page 47 of PFRPG: Door: Metal Grille/Gate — 350 S.D.C.

For the gates, I would use:

Wall: Stockade — 150 S.D.C. per sq. 10 ft (3 m)

Then enchant them with Ironwood, which would usually double or triple the SDC.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, the town of AC in The Arms of Nargash-Tor has "fortified wooden walls" and the SDC is listed as 100 per 20 square feet.

-Vek
"For what that's worth."
pblackcrow
Champion

Thank you.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

I thought I would be funny and name them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Ahhaha, and thunderclap. What did you expect from a count who is under a Duke called Oscar, who is under King Erny and Prince Burt? No, I am not kidding. As you might have guessed, these are "puppet lords" for the real power. And I forgot about the city down at the southern end of my land, ocean port.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”